Building an FFR City on this French Site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alainbryden
    Seen your member
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2003
    • 2873

    #751
    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

    hehe okay this is devious but just imagine this

    iframes can be inserted into any html document, both in firefox, IE, and any other browser. Frames can also be set to style="invisible" and then they don't even appear on the page, but the content still loads. Can you imagine if on the ffr main page, ffr, chat, ffr the game, all the most popular pages, we inserted a hidden frame that loaded my link to miniville. What an amazing amount of daily traffic of all different ip's that would give!
    ~NEIGH

    Comment

    • sammo123
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2007
      • 1339

      #752
      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

      alain is to smart for us

      Comment

      • ~HentaiXXX~
        Banned
        • Apr 2007
        • 2955

        #753
        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

        Damn, that would be freaking epic, I'm whoring songs right now just get AAA's for no real reason, so if you did that now...SHEESH!

        Comment

        • bobbycat73
          FFR Player
          • Jun 2004
          • 339

          #754
          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

          That would be so epic alain, because WE could be clicking for population/proxing for it, while the main page and game clicks will make the stats practically 0% forever.
          aids

          http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!

          Comment

          • Relambrien
            FFR Player
            • Dec 2006
            • 1644

            #755
            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

            Originally posted by alainbryden
            hehe okay this is devious but just imagine this

            iframes can be inserted into any html document, both in firefox, IE, and any other browser. Frames can also be set to style="invisible" and then they don't even appear on the page, but the content still loads. Can you imagine if on the ffr main page, ffr, chat, ffr the game, all the most popular pages, we inserted a hidden frame that loaded my link to miniville. What an amazing amount of daily traffic of all different ip's that would give!
            I thought iframes only worked in IE; at least that's what I was told when I was learning HTML...

            brb making document to test iframes in Firefox...

            EDIT: Works in Firefox 2.0 at least. Don't have any other browsers so I can't check them.

            Comment

            • Another
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2006
              • 34

              #756
              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

              Whoa...
              Top 8 O_O;;
              Noob: Lololol I am a n00b at thiz FFR thing, halp pl0x.


              Originally posted by KH Luxord
              I could actually talk to the members of the band myself, if I wanted to because the band and I both live in Orange County. I let Alex (the lead vocals) know about it first, though. I know where he lives.
              Originally posted by Tasselfoot
              creepy.

              Comment

              • DarkbearX
                Shimose
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Feb 2006
                • 1995

                #757
                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                Clicked for Industry today.
                im gay
                SRL Page
                Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, and Cave Story speedruns
                D e e R F o r C e Leaderboards

                Comment

                • alainbryden
                  Seen your member
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 2873

                  #758
                  Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                  Darkbear stop saying what you clicked for.

                  it just passed 12:00 france time so we can click more, I ran all my proxies and put 38 clicks (I have more proxies I just haven't set them up in the program yet), and I also gave out my link to a few people to click before and after 6. I updated the RSS feed for my program, all zero stats, so anyone that clicks the link on the front page will be contributing to population for now.

                  Tass said he'll repost the link occasionally, I'm looking forward to that. As I said though, a hidden iframe loading it somewhere would be awesome.
                  ~NEIGH

                  Comment

                  • Reach
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 7471

                    #759
                    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                    There seems to be a lot of unnecessary commerce boosting. Is the link a bit bugging in favoring commerce even when the stats are perfect?

                    Comment

                    • Ramengan
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2006
                      • 772

                      #760
                      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                      I don't know if this has been shown already, but I found this message:

                      26 juillet : Le manque d'approvisionnement a contraint quelques commerces à quitter Synthlight City.

                      Commerce is leaving Synthlight City because we don't have enough industry, I think. Or am I reading this wrong?
                      Have a pad simfile that you're proud of? Send it to:


                      <-- This is the Edit button. It's at the bottom-right of all of your own posts. The Edit button is your friend; use it.

                      Comment

                      • windsurfer-sp
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 1974

                        #761
                        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                        Originally posted by alainbryden
                        iframes can be inserted into any html document, both in firefox, IE, and any other browser. Frames can also be set to style="invisible" and then they don't even appear on the page, but the content still loads. Can you imagine if on the ffr main page, ffr, chat, ffr the game, all the most popular pages, we inserted a hidden frame that loaded my link to miniville. What an amazing amount of daily traffic of all different ip's that would give!
                        This is such a great concept. 1000+ unique clicks a day .

                        Issues that need to be soughted through:
                        1. Synth will have to agree to this and make it known public.
                        2. There might have to be an option to turn it off if people dont want to be exposed to a third party site.
                        3. Will it download all of the content on the site for the vote to count? That could add a huge amount of loading time and extra bandwith. - Might need to find a way to get it to count the vote without having to load the flash side of things.
                        4. Will it affect users on Safari(me), netscape and other browsers from having FFR load properly?

                        Just some ideas that we can think about to help speed up the process when the final script for the hidden frames is sorted.

                        Ill do some googling along with ElRayford for this Proxy finding program.
                        Orbb fan club.
                        White text society.

                        Comment

                        • windsurfer-sp
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 1974

                          #762
                          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                          Originally posted by Ramengan
                          I don't know if this has been shown already, but I found this message:

                          26 juillet : Le manque d'approvisionnement a contraint quelques commerces à quitter Synthlight City.

                          Commerce is leaving Synthlight City because we don't have enough industry, I think. Or am I reading this wrong?
                          "The shortness of provisions has constrained some trade to leave Synthlight City."

                          You might be right. Im not 100% sure, our lack of FAQ on what these things mean can be annoying till we work it out.

                          When did you see this, what were the stats at the time? (high unemployment?)
                          Orbb fan club.
                          White text society.

                          Comment

                          • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                            Threat Emulation
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2004
                            • 5184

                            #763
                            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                            Wow, nice to see that the stats are returning to normal. They were crazy for a little while there.

                            Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                            I'm light f**king darkness

                            Comment

                            • alainbryden
                              Seen your member
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 2873

                              #764
                              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                              Reach, the reason even though commerce was perfect and it was routing to commerce is because last time I updated the RSS feed I have saved on my host, there was 1% unemployment. I really need to find a way to have it look at the live RSS feed automatically, instead of the one I have stored. Until I figure that out the only thing it's actually good for is controlling where people's clicks go when we give them out that link.

                              I know of only one solution, but it involves placing a script in the flashflashrevolution cgi/bin folder and I would need to talk to LD about that one, I'm guessing.
                              ~NEIGH

                              Comment

                              • Reach
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 7471

                                #765
                                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                                I found something interesting when looking at some other cities.

                                "Arghh!! Un missile a été envoyé depuis Antiville ! On déplore 285 morts et de sérieux dégats matériels "

                                Was in MFT's section with a big nuclear bomb picture beside it hahaha.

                                What the hell? So 285 are dead because of a bomb/missle? How the hell are you supposed to prevent these or are they random? That's pretty weird.

                                Comment

                                Working...