Building an FFR City on this French Site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alainbryden
    Seen your member
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2003
    • 2873

    #541
    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

    Cool I'm in team excel. So what do I do. Is that just what you're calling the team using proxies?

    There's hundreds of proxy sites out there, and not all of them work. And every time you go through them all there's a variety of steps you need to take to disable javascript, enter the link. I think that everyone using proxies should start hotlinking every time they find a working proxy. Set the settings, go to the site, and then once you get there, copy the address in the address bar to a microsoft word document. This is the link that, when clicked, should take you directly to the miniville site through the proxy. If we build up a list like this then we can avoid wasting hours and hours of time searching for proxies and filling in information each day, we can just recycle the same ones.

    Once we all have these lists, I can merge them into one document, removing duplicates, and then one person can simply go through the list at the beginning of each day, click each one, and let them all open.

    Other people can then be in charge of finding new proxies, that work even after that list has been all opened. Then we can update the working proxy links to miniville each day.


    On the note about industry / commerce. Commerce isn't something that reduces other stats. Industry is the "dirty" job, and the reason you have to wait for 1000 clicks just to have commerce is because it's so superior. I'm quite certain that commerce is made to replace industrial growth completely. Yesterday I saw unemployment at 2%, I proxied commerce about 5 or 6 times, to get it back down to 0%, and in the meantime our income went way up and all other stats were unaffected.


    Finally, Synth plans to put the link on the FFR announcements page (he just keeps forgetting) which will increase population an unbelievable amount. We have to be very ready for that moment, because population will jump up and there will be tons and tons of cleanup to do very fast, otherwise the city will suffer, people will leave as fast as they are coming, and the population boost won't be nearly as effective.


    Also, you forgot to put commerce on the links page again.
    ~NEIGH

    Comment

    • Chromer
      Hookers and Blow
      • Jul 2003
      • 4981

      #542
      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

      See? That's why I made you the leader of Team Excel. It might just be a fancy name for the proxy team, but you guys are just as much apart of this project as anyone else is.

      Comment

      • DarkbearX
        Shimose
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2006
        • 1995

        #543
        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

        I guess put me in team excel. I spent an hour getting the population to 1000 and keeping it stabilized. I can't promise that I'll put that much effort into proxying everyday, though. =/
        im gay
        SRL Page
        Castlevania IV, Super Metroid, and Cave Story speedruns
        D e e R F o r C e Leaderboards

        Comment

        • jewpinthethird
          (The Fat's Sabobah)
          FFR Music Producer
          • Nov 2002
          • 11711

          #544
          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

          Originally posted by Chromer
          Jewpin should have been taking care of Team submissions during my little vacation so it might be a while before team updates since I have to go back to when I left and change things.
          Sorry, but I felt the teams were unnecessary. In the beginning they were handy, but now that the stats have balanced out, not so much. Everyone seems to be doing a good job as it is....but it still fun to say

          GO TEAM ENVIRONMENT!

          Comment

          • Chromer
            Hookers and Blow
            • Jul 2003
            • 4981

            #545
            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

            Oh boy. >_>

            Comment

            • pokelda
              ⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jun 2006
              • 3878

              #546
              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

              go team ffr

              Comment

              • simulater10
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2005
                • 839

                #547
                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                Clicked security for today.

                Comment

                • bobbycat73
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2004
                  • 339

                  #548
                  Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                  I'd like to join Project Excel as well.

                  Also, I was thinking something similar to that alain, and it really is smart, especially when we can send it to all people who use proxies.
                  aids

                  http://mafia.cheats4us.org/index.php?x=241521 <- Hot asian chicks!!

                  Comment

                  • blargherness
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 624

                    #549
                    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                    I like alainbryden's idea, but from what I understand if we get a bunch of links that go straight to the miniville site, then that means each link will only be able to increase a single certain stat depending on what was put into the browse URL bar. I just tried it out and there's nothing in the ultimately obtained URL that you could alter to make it upgrade different stats. Linking to the actual proxy site will make it much easier to upgrade what needs to be upgraded. Or if we simply got a ton of working proxy sites and assigned each proxy site to a different stat and put them into lists of which link upgrades which stat. If that was already the idea, I apologize for my useless ramble.
                    Also, if this specific idea takes off I'll certainly join the 'search team' looking for working proxy sites.
                    If not, I'll still join team Project Excel either way.

                    Comment

                    • HammyMcSquirrel
                      Everlong
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 3833

                      #550
                      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                      I got another click in for today.

                      Comment

                      • Tayfun
                        MasterGTS
                        • Mar 2005
                        • 918

                        #551
                        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                        nice #14! I just checked out #1 and the skyscrapers are huge!

                        Comment

                        • madmatt621
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 3000

                          #552
                          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                          New link:

                          Commerce: http://synthlight.miniville.fr/com

                          Comment

                          • blargherness
                            FFR Player
                            • Jan 2005
                            • 624

                            #553
                            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                            Originally posted by Tayfun
                            nice #14! I just checked out #1 and the skyscrapers are huge!
                            I wish we had a clock tower[/envy]

                            Also clicked transport for today. And yesterday. And the day before that. Pretty much every day.
                            Yay team transit!

                            Comment

                            • madmatt621
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 3000

                              #554
                              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                              Go ahead and add me to PE. I suggested it in the first place, but okay.

                              Comment

                              • chansey&blisey lover
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2007
                                • 32

                                #555
                                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                                yo somebody judge my sprite 1 to 5 also i made it so dont take it

                                Comment

                                Working...