Building an FFR City on this French Site.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • meno_rocks123
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2005
    • 2324

    #781
    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

    one is right across the street from another.

    Comment

    • windsurfer-sp
      FFR Veteran
      • Apr 2005
      • 1974

      #782
      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

      Really bad area of town.

      (You do realise it is somewhat randominsed and that the graphical side of the game has no affect on the stats down below?)
      Orbb fan club.
      White text society.

      Comment

      • Ramengan
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2006
        • 772

        #783
        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

        I saw quite a few industry clicks, but are stats seem to be getting much harder to control. Unemployment at 6% as I type. One message of people leaving to find jobs, too.

        Crime and Pollution 5%
        Transportation 96%
        Almost 2200 population (lol that's how many kids were cramped into my high school last year)

        We do have the proxies and script running well, right?
        Have a pad simfile that you're proud of? Send it to:


        <-- This is the Edit button. It's at the bottom-right of all of your own posts. The Edit button is your friend; use it.

        Comment

        • KIDTHONG
          Banned
          • Jun 2006
          • 77

          #784
          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

          hey messge me back if you want my help on this but ill be like on not alot cause school is just starting but ya ill get back to you on this thing

          Comment

          • DrugstoreCowboy
            Is Famouz
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2006
            • 3409

            #785
            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

            just click on the link.

            Comment

            • KIDTHONG
              Banned
              • Jun 2006
              • 77

              #786
              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

              Originally posted by DrugstoreCowboy
              just click on the link.
              lol no i want to sign up for somthing big like help population or somthing :S anything but i wont be on that much cause of school XD

              Comment

              • meno_rocks123
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2005
                • 2324

                #787
                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                29 juillet : Arghh!! Un missile a été envoyé depuis Antiville ! On déplore 208 morts et de sérieux dégats matériels !

                Catching up to #5

                EDIT: oshi, we got ourselves a arsonist:
                29 juillet : Un incendie a dévasté 10 hectares de forêt. La police recherche le pyromane.
                Translation: A fire destroyed 10 hectares of forest and the police are looking for the arsonist.

                EDIT2: proxying for security
                today I have clicked:
                pop-15
                sec-34
                env-24
                tra-1

                start:
                unemployment- 6%
                transportation- 95%
                crime- 5%
                pollution- 8%

                end:
                unemployment- 6%
                transportation- 95%
                crime- 0% =D
                pollution- 0% =D

                we have 3 more police stations =)
                I'm done for today.
                Last edited by meno_rocks123; 07-29-2007, 10:40 AM.

                Comment

                • KIDTHONG
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 77

                  #788
                  Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                  umm i clicked w/e was there for my today eh not sure what it is but drug store said just click i have my own team on myspace clicking it for you guys also

                  Comment

                  • alainbryden
                    Seen your member
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 2873

                    #789
                    Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                    running the proxy script now to try and clean up stats.

                    Unemployment is becoming suspiciously difficult to cure. I really can't understand it. I've put about 20 clicks on it and it's still at 5%. This is indeed confusing.

                    On a positive note though, our population is up nicely from 3 days ago. We aren't growing the likes of the top few yet, but we're doing pretty well.
                    Last edited by alainbryden; 07-29-2007, 08:33 PM. Reason: positive note
                    ~NEIGH

                    Comment

                    • sammo123
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 1339

                      #790
                      Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                      Originally posted by meno_rocks123

                      Why do we have 3 police stations?
                      4 theres one behind the sky scraper

                      Comment

                      • shad0wlord
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 247

                        #791
                        Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                        Originally posted by sammo123
                        4 theres one behind the sky scraper

                        5. two of them are behind Skyscrapers. (one behind the red skyscraper, the other behind the skyscraper the furthest to the left)

                        Comment

                        • sammo123
                          FFR Player
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 1339

                          #792
                          Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                          aww good find

                          Comment

                          • HammyMcSquirrel
                            Everlong
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 3833

                            #793
                            Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                            Originally posted by shad0wlord
                            5. two of them are behind Skyscrapers. (one behind the red skyscraper, the other behind the skyscraper the furthest to the left)
                            I am seeing seven police stations.

                            Comment

                            • Chromer
                              Hookers and Blow
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 4981

                              #794
                              Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                              Sorry for the absence guys. Got into an argument with my parents and one thing lead to another so yeah....

                              We still kick ass.

                              Comment

                              • alainbryden
                                Seen your member
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 2873

                                #795
                                Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.

                                focus all your efforts on commerce today guys.

                                I've posted on a few sites trying to get a solution to my script problem.

                                Originally posted by me
                                There is an XML feed for a site I'm interested in at http://synthlight.miniville.fr/xml

                                The contents of this page are a normal <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> xml file.

                                On a completely separate host, I would like to access the information on this page at any given time. Every time my page is viewed, on load, I need my page to access the information on this page, and display the Unemployment, transport, etc... the statistics displayed on the page.

                                What I've tried...
                                ---------------------
                                - I've tried creating new ~ ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); ~ for IE, or ~ XMLHttpRequest(); ~ for firefox, and then opening the file for use in some javascript with ~ request.open("GET", "http://synthlight.miniville.fr/xml" , true); ~ - but apparently this method only works a page that is hosted on the same host running the script.
                                - I've tried loading the page into a frame with
                                <iframe id='xml' src="http://synthlight.miniville.fr/xml" onLoad="importXML();"> </iframe>
                                and the onload routine would try to create an XML file from loaded page in the frame, but I got an Access Denied error in the import funtion.

                                I absolutely need to get this done - so please offer any knowledge, or ingenuity that will, in any way possible - I don't care how, let me access the information on this page each time my page is loaded. Javascript, php, anything method at all.
                                Find answers to How can I use another web page's XML feed information in my own web page? from the expert community at Experts Exchange


                                Originally posted by me
                                Hey. I'm trying to create a small script that, when my page is visited, the script will run as follows:

                                1. It will load an url containing XML text ( http://synthlight.miniville.fr/xml )
                                2. It will read in certain values and if the sum of unemployment + (100 - transport) + criminality + pollution is equal to 0
                                3. It will automatically redirect the page with " window.location = "http://synthlight.miniville.fr/"; "

                                4. If the sum of the above is not 0, it will pick the largest of unemployment, (100 - transport), criminality and pollution, and redirect to http://synthlight.miniville.fr/com, .../tra, .../sec or .../env respectively.

                                I have an ftp where I can upload and test the script, what I need are some people to help me pull the script together. Here is what I have attempted so far, but loading it does nothing, as the script is clearly flawed: ...



                                so far I've received very little useful input. Apparently the solution would be to have a php script run to retrieve the XML file on the clicks.

                                Edit: I talked to LD and he will put up the scripts when they are working, but I will have to come up with them on my own. I've tried

                                Code:
                                <?
                                header("text/xml");
                                $content=file_get_contents("http://synthlight.miniville.fr/xml",FALSE);
                                echo $content;
                                ?>
                                The results can be seen at http://ride.dsu.dal.ca/getxml.php

                                It works in IE but in firefox it returns a weird string instead of the proper XML file.

                                My script then refers to this php script, loads the content as an XML, and uses it for up to date data.

                                I then have the problem that in IE where it returned the whole XML document, the open() function no longer recognizes the generated file as an XML file and so is failing to load it and parse it for the data. In both cases, I may need to parse the returned values as text, I'm not sure yet.
                                Last edited by alainbryden; 07-30-2007, 01:59 PM.
                                ~NEIGH

                                Comment

                                Working...