TWG LXIV: MegaTWG: Endgame

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bynary Fission
    Retired One-Hander
    • Jan 2008
    • 2437

    #136
    Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

    Originally posted by emerald000
    I know BDN never said that, I am only saying that it would be far too much imbalanced, even more in a game populated like this one. The humans would have to kill the spirit first, before they can take a shot on the other wolves. Otherwise, the lynched wolf would be revived.


    Originally posted by travman301
    He is saying it's a broken role.

    If there was a wolf spirit, the spirit could continually revive all of the other wolves and they would win like that.

    Far too powerful wolf team.

    And that's why I think trav should be killed, unless Thunder was proven to be human. If he indeed sides with the wolves (He stated that in an IM, but he might have been trying to trick me, as freakysnot said), then this can help remove the imbalance that a Spirit can cause. If I am wrong, then keep him. But he stated he would revive Thunder, and until he is a proven human (I think otherwise), I say he needs to be eliminated to cut the risk.


    Damn I feel like a noob...I get the idea I'm being misled, or I'm drawing incorrect conclusions. Could just be me though.
    Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

    https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

    Comment

    • aTzUeLo1191
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2007
      • 594

      #137
      Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

      Bynary I'm pretty sure it's both...there really is no need to get rid of trav. A spirit can be a very helpful tool (heh tool) and doesn't really cause an imbalance of any sort.


      Originally posted by omgitznpv
      brb suicide
      JOIN TWG NAO!!!

      Comment

      • Bynary Fission
        Retired One-Hander
        • Jan 2008
        • 2437

        #138
        Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

        Originally posted by aTzUeLo1191
        Bynary I'm pretty sure it's both...there really is no need to get rid of trav. A spirit can be a very helpful tool (heh tool) and doesn't really cause an imbalance of any sort.
        Well if you see the previous posts, this only causes an imbalance if he can resurrect wolves. If he can't, then you are right. But I won't say it can't cause an imbalance until the host confirms he can't raise wolves, because until then, the possibility lingers.
        Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

        https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

        Comment

        • Bynary Fission
          Retired One-Hander
          • Jan 2008
          • 2437

          #139
          Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

          Oh yeah, I forgot to say. If he can raise wolves then it becomes nearly impossible for humans to win.
          Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

          https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

          Comment

          • Tokzic
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 6878

            #140
            Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

            Originally posted by travman301
            Day1 the priest came out to me because I gave him my role, and vice versa.
            NEWS FLASH: This is still idiotic.

            One of you had to give your identity first despite not knowing whether the other was a wolf. Then the other gave their identity back without any way of testing whether or not the other person is a wolf. And then you expect the Guardian to guard you? Not unless they're as clueless as you and the "priest".

            Trav.

            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

            Comment

            • Xception704
              FFR Veteran
              • Jul 2006
              • 3984

              #141
              Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

              Dorama, I don't see why you think I'm being shady. Everything I posted was because I think Trav is suspicious for the same reasons everyone else thinks he's suspicious (see emerald, tokzic, makilaz, etc. etc.)




              Also, Trav said on AIM that the Priest came out to him, and because the Priest described the contents of the Human Faction PM flawlessly to Trav, Trav trusted him to be the real priest and thus gave the Priest his real role.

              Several problems with that:

              1/ The Priest-claimer could be a wolf or of a non-"innocent flock" faction and could have simply learned the contents of the "innocent flock" PM from someone else. I hope you had thought of that possibility and that there's more to why you decided to exchange roles with the Priest-claimer.

              2/ You said via AIM that you convinced the Priest-claimer that your objectives were similar, which is why he gave you his real role.

              I'm not sure you if you realize the broken logic there. First of all, convincing this person (who you don't know is the Priest yet) that your objectives are similar is ridiculous. How would you know that unless you're one of the factions that know the other members (i.e. wolf, illuminati[?], or vampire[?])? Second, are we supposed to believe that a real Priest would fall for the whole "hey you, our objectives are similar blah blah blah" gag?

              Add to that the fact that every time I seem to have you reduced down to a single question that you should answer, you pull "I can't tell you because that would jeopardize blah blah blah" out and try to change the subject.





              I'm holding my vote, but Trav, if indeed you are the Spirit, then you aren't playing it very well (which would involve keeping out of the limelight).

              Comment

              • Xception704
                FFR Veteran
                • Jul 2006
                • 3984

                #142
                Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                Originally posted by travman301
                Day1 the priest came out to me because I gave him my role, and vice versa.
                I just re-read that again, and that's completely backwards from what you told me Trav.

                You told me a completely different story actually. You said you somehow convinced the Priest that you're on the same side he is on, and that he gave you his real role, which is why you decided to give him your real role.

                Explanation?

                Comment

                • travman301
                  #swagdog
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 2641

                  #143
                  Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                  That statement was just me simplifying what happened.

                  I told you the entire process of the whole priest situation.

                  I'm probably going to go now.

                  If I get lynched, then it's only my fault for playing terrible this game.

                  Or you people can wait a day and watch thunder come back alive, and believe me but hey.

                  Comment

                  • Xception704
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jul 2006
                    • 3984

                    #144
                    Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                    Either way, my post (#141) still stands.

                    p.s. you're not even going to address my post?

                    Are you seriously going to just ask us to go on blind faith and keep you alive?

                    Comment

                    • aTzUeLo1191
                      FFR Player
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 594

                      #145
                      Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                      Trav probably just asked someone he knew well...if it's a mystery game you have to take chances like that. He took one and got lucky. That's all. Voting someone out with such an important role could be a costly decision.


                      Originally posted by omgitznpv
                      brb suicide
                      JOIN TWG NAO!!!

                      Comment

                      • Bynary Fission
                        Retired One-Hander
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 2437

                        #146
                        Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                        What reason do we have to trust him? Xception pointed out flaws in his tale, he could be siding with the wolves, and with an IM he had with me (the one thunder told me not to post), I don't trust him either. If everybody is questioning him then it's obvious that he's slipped, meaning he might not be who he appears to be.


                        Just because he is the Spirit doesn't mean he can be of use to us.
                        Newest Track (05/04/2026): Battle Theme - The Infernal Sepulchre [8-bit Chiptune]

                        https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/zone-4-battle-theme

                        Comment

                        • aTzUeLo1191
                          FFR Player
                          • Jun 2007
                          • 594

                          #147
                          Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                          Bynary, have you ever thought of the fact that you may be more inclined to vote against trav just because thunder flamed the living daylights out of you?

                          I've already talked with a few people and they also agree that a spirit used correctly can be an asset. C'mon people just give him a chance.


                          Originally posted by omgitznpv
                          brb suicide
                          JOIN TWG NAO!!!

                          Comment

                          • Xception704
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 3984

                            #148
                            Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                            Originally posted by aTzUeLo1191
                            Trav probably just asked someone he knew well...if it's a mystery game you have to take chances like that. He took one and got lucky. That's all. Voting someone out with such an important role could be a costly decision.
                            Explain? As I'm reading it, it makes no sense to me, so I'm obviously misinterpreting it.

                            Comment

                            • Xception704
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 3984

                              #149
                              Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                              Also aTzueLo, I'm open to the thought of keeping Trav alive if he is indeed Spirit, but if he is indeed Spirit, why would he attract attention to himself?

                              He went out night 1 before the game had really even kicked off and found the Priest?

                              Comment

                              • aTzUeLo1191
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 594

                                #150
                                Re: MegaTWG: Endgame

                                @ X: in a mystery game you need to take chances...you can't sit back and let things fall in your lap, not that you can in a regular TWG anyway. Trav took a large risk, one that not many would take, because that seems to be his style - playing aggressively. Luckily for him it payed off, and now he has an ally to look to. Lynching him just because he did this doesn't make much sense.

                                W/e it seems as if I am the odd one out right now...please if you agree w/ me post.


                                Originally posted by omgitznpv
                                brb suicide
                                JOIN TWG NAO!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...