TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • _Zenith_
    Accuracy Player
    • Mar 2011
    • 4629

    #1801
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Right about Tokzic
    Right about Gradiant

    Hmmm





    Comment

    • _Zenith_
      Accuracy Player
      • Mar 2011
      • 4629

      #1802
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      @Sunfan when you see this:

      Did any of your reads change during night phase?





      Comment

      • YoshL
        Celestial Harbor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2008
        • 6156

        #1803
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by _Zenith_
        Right about Tokzic
        Right about Gradiant

        Hmmm

        red flag


        Originally posted by Charu
        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

        Comment

        • thesunfan
          Role Tide
          Sectional Moderator
          • May 2011
          • 10859

          #1804
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          @Sunfan when you see this:

          Did any of your reads change during night phase?
          maybe or maybe not?
          I'm not talking about reads till other people do
          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
          Originally posted by star-crossed
          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

          Comment

          • inDheart
            Picker @ JAX2
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2011
            • 505

            #1805
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            wahoo, i need sleep and the forums keep database erroring, so here's my first two, rest will come later

            6. DaBackpack town

            (i did this one in reverse post order and you can probably tell)

            - fwiw i think dbp's entrance was hilarious, and the only one really calling attention to that flipped red (at least, the only one i remember, because xel never shut up about it lmao)
            - he brings up yoshl's behavior and then elaborates on that (see below for more as well) earlier on d0, which is notable for his consistency later on calling this out
            - he read into Mashi pretty hard in search of someone to push d0, calling him generally too neutral. gradiant called him out for this post, but i see it more as resignation that what he's saying isn't gaining much traction. in response to gradiant he comes back to yoshl and mashi. then he really pushes yoshl hard. (i have more to say on this later)
            - but this post, one of his more recent ones (from d1), likes yoshl's point about MML's vigi focus potentially being a setup for a later vigi cover-up claim. yoshl has been pretty zoned in on MML, but DBP called the focus on MML "worrisome" on d1. (this is in contradiction to early d0 where he did not feel as good about MML and called him "my top wolf lean", but consistent with later d0 where he's iso someone else to look at)

            i definitely see dbp as town, because his observations and focus have been consistent with trying to search out good lynch candidates - just because of the timing and with so many people wolf reading him, they didn't gain better traction.

            9. _Zenith_ null -> wolf

            - did a quality reread (honestly that's to be expected though)
            - he (and DBP) probably put the most thought into tokzic's situation
            - part of why i see you as more null, though (switching to second person because you're here as i write this), is after that you mostly zoned in on yoshiisland. sure that turned out okay. you're up front about not putting as much work in, but island is an interesting target to focus on when your previous day's impression was null -> town and even "who". sunfan was in the right to call you out about your second round of reads, really
            - you don't get points for being right about xel when you gave up on xel's meta. you don't get points for being right about tokzic when you voted for the lynch in full support of gradiant, who called him scum for lying.

            you just seem over-eager to go "hey look guys look what i did" when there are little mini contradictions in your play that belie the earnesty of your efforts.

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #1806
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by inDheart
              - did a quality reread (honestly that's to be expected though)
              dammit i mean first read

              Comment

              • inDheart
                Picker @ JAX2
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2011
                • 505

                #1807
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by YoshL
                red flag
                like actually though

                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #1808
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  You and YoshL are both wrong even if I cannot put words together to defend myself correctly.





                  Comment

                  • YoshL
                    Celestial Harbor
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 6156

                    #1809
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    it's very similar to the storn or botchi syndrome - simply put, when they're somehow very right during the game, it feels very strange

                    like, can you elaborate exactly your thoughts that lead you to be "right" about gradiant and tokzic?


                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                    Comment

                    • _Zenith_
                      Accuracy Player
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4629

                      #1810
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by YoshL
                      it's very similar to the storn or botchi syndrome - simply put, when they're somehow very right during the game, it feels very strange

                      like, can you elaborate exactly your thoughts that lead you to be "right" about gradiant and tokzic?
                      Gradiant - Ever since the AA battle the battle itself seemed Town v Town at the time and Gradiant really never took a solid stance until the Tokzic thing. He battled various players but any of his aggression went alongside a town mindset, pushing players for answers, not for lynches. Usually I don't know how to read Gradiant other than he's never too fond of myself but this game it completely changed, him and sunfan to me were clear towns and nothing could falter the idea (in my next multiquote post I'll be pointing out what did it for me with them two even though Sunfan is confirmed at the moment).

                      About Gradiant though, I didn't feel the same way with DBP along with his battles against players. I know Sunfan is onto something with the emotional gameplay, something not quite seen in DBP too frequently as a wolf even though right now his wolf meta wants to take over but shouldn't due to inactivity. Just food for thought since they have similar situations this game other than inactivity inflicting DBP.

                      Tokzic - Ever since the claim and after n0 when we lost AA (VT) and Arnt (PR), I felt really strange because what he did is probably exactly what I would've done had people not given me comments on my playstyle that I heavily considered. He was a VT, choose to take a shot for PR; doing so in a horrific fashion that did him in because he didn't pull it off early yet still wanted to continue?? I see why he continued, he was hoping PR didn't say anything and let his claim be the center of attention (See: Game where I claimed Sunfan's role and he let me lead because he read perfectly what I was doing). This post:

                      Originally posted by Tokzic
                      Why would the last PR in your hypothetical universe ever respond to my hardclaim?



                      If you root around Lar's unjustified ad hominem garbage, he does make one valid point: If I was a wolf, hardclaiming the last blue role is almost autolose. I'd be revealed the second the last blue died or claimed.

                      AND YET I'M DOING IT ANYWAY. Almost like... I'm the real PR...

                      Makes you think.

                      Bolded gave off a very uncomfortable but a logical point that I first read as possible WIFOM AFTER Gradiant had countered the claim, and that led me to lynch Tokzic. I still had my doubts about Tokzic flipping wolf, but at that moment I just wanted Tokzic lynched because it provided bad content and a horrible jumping off point in finding the last wolf because of his shit.

                      You had something I am starting to agree with upon looking back, but refrained from posting it because you're already suspicious of my changed behavior and style this game that I don't want a push on myself this late into the game when my reads have been on point.





                      Comment

                      • _Zenith_
                        Accuracy Player
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4629

                        #1811
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Is it bad I might have switched inDheart from a wolf to a really bad town?

                        I don't think it's that bad, I think his reads are terrible this game and this is the second time he's used influence to support a read (First from Sunfan, now from YoshL) so whereas I originally thought he could've been a decent wolf candidate, I just think he's now backpacking because he isn't developing good reads and he may know this even before he reads this post.





                        Comment

                        • _Zenith_
                          Accuracy Player
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 4629

                          #1812
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Oops forgot to bold

                          Bolded in Tokzic quote should be "If I was a wolf, hardclaiming the last blue role is almost autolose"





                          Comment

                          • _Zenith_
                            Accuracy Player
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 4629

                            #1813
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by _Zenith_
                            You had something I am starting to agree with upon looking back, but refrained from posting it because you're already suspicious of my changed behavior and style this game that I don't want a push on myself this late into the game when my reads have been on point.
                            fwiw, it's about Mashi





                            Comment

                            • _Zenith_
                              Accuracy Player
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 4629

                              #1814
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Reads list inc shortly, just alignments not in-depth just yet





                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #1815
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                6. DaBackpack - Null
                                10. MixMasterLar - Slight Town
                                11. thesunfan - Confirmed
                                12. inDheart - Bad Town
                                13. T-Force - I think slot is clean for the time being
                                15. Charles Claythorne (AKA MASHI) - Getting Null
                                16. YoshL - Town





                                Comment

                                Working...