TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • T-Force
    Your world ends with you
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2007
    • 4753

    #1921
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by inDheart
    mini weather anecdote HOW IS IT RAINING this hard again it's like the fifth time
    Wanna trade? It's bloody warm here.

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    I am pocketed
    Success~

    Aight, time to get serious.
    I don't have solid reads but I will admit right now that aside from thesunfan, the only other town person I would willingly "follow" is Mashi because holy work, Batman.
    Also, re: Mashi and his reads, I'm going to go look at the YoshL/Zenith bickering from the beginning of today.
    Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

    Comment

    • T-Force
      Your world ends with you
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jan 2007
      • 4753

      #1922
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      Originally posted by YoshL
      i think the majority of it is because i onion skin and have a skewed viewpoint for recent events. unless i've personally focused on something in the past i tend to forget things
      Also, one more thing before I go back, I know there's a typo in here, but do you mind clarifying a bit?
      Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

      Comment

      • YoshL
        Celestial Harbor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2008
        • 6156

        #1923
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        my pov puts more emphasis on events that are more recent, so unless something sticks out to me further in the past, it's w/e. there shouldn't be any typo there


        Originally posted by Charu
        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

        Comment

        • T-Force
          Your world ends with you
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 4753

          #1924
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          @Sunfan when you see this:

          Did any of your reads change during night phase?
          Immediate call out to the confirmed. Why?

          -

          Originally posted by YoshL
          red flag
          Kind of have to side with YoshL on this as this is the second time that Zenith's done something like this. And as much as I want to say the last wolf wouldn't be -that- dumb to pull something like that, it's also not the towniest of moves by a long shot.

          Also of note, I'm pretty sure this is where it all begins. The @sunfan is moreso because it sticks out to me.

          -

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          You and YoshL are both wrong even if I cannot put words together to defend myself correctly.
          Well that's so helpful.

          -

          And then we go to Zenith's explanation post regarding his read on Gradiant and Tokzic.

          What I want to focus on is the bit about Tokzic. Specifically:
          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          Tokzic - Ever since the claim and after n0 when we lost AA (VT) and Arnt (PR), I felt really strange because what he did is probably exactly what I would've done had people not given me comments on my playstyle that I heavily considered.
          So, let's take this read that "he's doing what I used to do/would have done," which would logically lead to Zenith reading Tokzic town (spoiler alert: he did).

          BUT:
          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          I still had my doubts about Tokzic flipping wolf, but at that moment I just wanted Tokzic lynched because it provided bad content and a horrible jumping off point in finding the last wolf because of his shit.
          tl;dr, I figured Tokzic was town, but wanted him gone regardless.
          I don't care how shit of a game he was playing, if you're town, and you believe someone else to be town, don't. Lynch. Them. When. There. Are. Still. Wolves!

          -

          Originally posted by YoshL
          you claimed to be right about tokzic, but pushed for his lynch anyways. Why did you feel the need to point that out? Like, the fact that you purposefully drew attention to like "I was right about tokzic and gradiant hmmm... i wonder what this could mean"

          and given your reasoning on tokzic is very shaky to say the least (his latest posts felt weird? how about look at the fact that he was softing the whole entire game, didn't die, even when there was only 1 confirmed PR left, softed even harder)

          I get hindsight 20/20 and his actions kinda make sense, but at the same time, you've literally said "i was right about tokzic" but in your "why" post, said that "tokzic was looking wolfy so i wanted to lynch him". That's the complete opposite of being right about tokzic.

          also, the fact that you're not scumreading anyone is also alarming, especially at this point. You claim to have "on point" reads, but clearly either A) they're not because you have no scum leans at all, or B) you are the last scum, leading to your "on point" reads.
          Don't really think I need to elaborate on this, but depending on Zenith's alignment, I think this is still something that could be looked at.

          -

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          ...
          How about instead of trying to concentrate on my reads, you instead post some of your own?
          //deflection

          -

          Originally posted by YoshL
          >redirection
          ... Okay, stop. I'm mind-melding with YoshL and that's never a good sign for me.
          Mainly because if I am, he gets all trigger happy against me.

          --- AT THIS CURRENT POINT IN MY READING, I AM OF THE IDEA THAT YOSHL AND ZENITH ARE WOLF/TOWN. ---
          I am leaning towards Zenith, but if I'm wrong, I will seriously re-evaluate YoshL and these posts.
          Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

          Comment

          • T-Force
            Your world ends with you
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 4753

            #1925
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by YoshL
            my pov puts more emphasis on events that are more recent, so unless something sticks out to me further in the past, it's w/e. there shouldn't be any typo there
            "i onion skin"
            Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

            Comment

            • T-Force
              Your world ends with you
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2007
              • 4753

              #1926
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Unless I'm just reading that incorrectly.
              Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

              Comment

              • inDheart
                Picker @ JAX2
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2011
                • 505

                #1927
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                onion skin is my favorite verb

                Comment

                • YoshL
                  Celestial Harbor
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6156

                  #1928
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  onion skinning is a thing you can do in animation or video making or w/e


                  Originally posted by Charu
                  Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                  Comment

                  • thesunfan
                    Role Tide
                    Sectional Moderator
                    • May 2011
                    • 10859

                    #1929
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    so, just kind of my abbreviated thoughts

                    I am of the opinion that both DBP and T-Force should never die this game. If it really came down to it, like it was me and those two guys in final three, I really don't know what I would do, I would be at a complete loss.

                    DBP for just how he's been playing. The game-solviness is there, he just hasn't been posting as much as I'd expected.

                    T-Force partly because of what Ben was posting, partly because of how T-Force said he wouldn't be reading at all, then started reading once nothing was really happening. I think that's more of a townie thing to do. I really have nothing that I dislike from either T-Force or Ben.

                    MML is my strongest read outside of that. I was wrong on him in his first game, pretty seriously wrong. I've kind of agonized over if I've just been hard defending the last wolf this game, and I'm going to double down and say that I'm not.

                    To qualify this read, I kind of have to talk about some other people and how I'm reading them, but kind of a prelude since I want to do these in order is I am going back to looking at meta this game if my read on DBP didn't hint at it enough.

                    I reread the game where I was really wrong on MML, and his posts are just completely different to me. He was not posting at all the things that he's talking about here, like accusing people or talking about how he is vanilla town, completely nonpresent. The only way I see myself being wrong on this read is because he was posting on his phone almost entirely that game and I don't think that's what he's been doing this game at all.

                    After that, I like both Mashi and InDheart about equally.

                    Mashi because of how similar our reads have been. He kind of said it earlier when he was giving a read on me, if he's been this good at replicating a human mindset, I mean I know he's pretty godlike, but I would be shocked if he's a wolf this game, just because of how similar our views have been. His reads list earlier today looks pretty similar to the one I'm typing out now.

                    InDheart is just some minor things. I feel like he actually cares about his posts when he makes them, like he actually cares about solving the game. He's reread and reread, and it shows. I could see him being just kind of a wildcard wolf, but I don't *think* that's the case, especially with how his posts this phase and last phase have looked and felt to me.

                    Which leaves Yoshl and Zenith

                    So, I'm pretty shit at reading both of these players, especially Yoshl. Regardless of who the last wolf is, I'm pretty bad for having these two players as my scumleans for as weak reasons as I have, but part of this just comes down to POE.

                    Yoshl, I don't necessarily agree with what Mashi said about him not really giving the thread a good read-through, but I feel kind of similar in that, please forgive me if this is not true Yoshl, but I feel like you're still just not really invested in seeing town win this game, at least not the way that I sometimes feel about you when I actually have a townread on you. I know I'm wrong on you a lot, but it is how I feel. That's kind of my biggest point on you, is just gut feel. This read is entirely a result of me being bad at reading you, but I would lynch you after Zenith pretty easily, I think.

                    Which brings me to Zenith. I am going to qualify this by saying I don't think the argument of "Zenith is too right this game" really matters to me. I don't particularly have much meta on him in this read either. So, the reads list that he posted (I think it was d1) where he just kind of gave shorthand leans and some reads had no leans or reasoning at all (I think he just called Mashi his lover and that was the extent of his read) is kind of what I would expect from a wolf who isn't super invested in the game, and not from a town. A town would be more likely to give just a gut feel on some of those reads, I think.

                    In addition, the vote on Yoshiisland kind of comes off as more scummy to me, so let me kind of elaborate on that.

                    I would never vote Yoshiisland there if he was my partner, I think. I kind of made the mistake of forgetting that not everyone plays like I do, is my thought rn. Yoshiisland, probably to a lot of players alive in this game, was not posting frequently or exceedingly well, and I think a lot of wolf partners would want to bus him for it. I think Zenith is one of these players.

                    The only hangup I have on this read is that he forgot him in a reads list, but its kind of minor, I think.

                    Zenith not being invested in the game, then becoming more invested in the game when there is only one wolf left, kind of feels like he's the last wolf and realized he has to turn on the jets in order to win the game.

                    This is coming after a lot of thought and reading, but I have to admit that nothing really changed from earlier other than kind of moving indheart up, these were my thoughts before going back and reading the thread after I kind of decided Zenith didn't look so good to me anymore, and I feel kind of bad that they didn't change at all.

                    Not super happy with how my reads played out this game, and I don't feel exceedingly confident about the game, just the best that I've felt this game, if that makes sense.

                    Xel fooled the shit out of me and I'll probably never be able to read him the same way again.

                    Xiz kind of similar but he was the hardest role to find and I've completely lost the ability to read him consistently like I used to, I think.

                    I didn't really have similar thoughts as other players did early in the game about the wolves likely being in the inactives, and I feel now like this was more likely to be correct, and I feel kind of not-so-great about not feeling the same way.

                    Anyways, I don't encourage town to follow my reads after I die if lynching Zenith does not win the game for town, I encourage you to follow your own reads.

                    Zenith

                    God I really hope its Zenith because if its not, people have to figure out if its Yoshl, and that's pretty hard to do, I think.

                    glgl
                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                    Originally posted by star-crossed
                    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                    Comment

                    • thesunfan
                      Role Tide
                      Sectional Moderator
                      • May 2011
                      • 10859

                      #1930
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      oh ok, I think we're close to insta, if that didn't hit it
                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                      Originally posted by star-crossed
                      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                      Comment

                      • roundbox
                        fhqwhgads
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 2086

                        #1931
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD


                        VOTE COUNT
                        YoshL -> _Zenith_
                        T-Force -> _Zenith_
                        thesunfan -> _Zenith_

                        ---


                        _Zenith_
                        X.X.X


                        ---

                        Yet to vote:

                        DaBackpack
                        _Zenith_
                        MixMasterLar
                        inDheart
                        Charles Claythorne

                        Possess phantoms:

                        DaBackpack (+0.1)
                        T-Force (+0.1)

                        ---

                        Xelnya -> Mashi
                        Xiz -> AA
                        Yoshiisland -> Charu
                        YoshL -> thesunfan
                        Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
                        Xiz -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
                        YoshL -> inDheart
                        Xelnya -> reuben_tate
                        inDheart -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
                        thesunfan -> inDheart
                        inDheart -> Unvote
                        AragakiAyase -> inDheart
                        YoshL -> AragakiAyase
                        Xiz -> AragakiAyase
                        inDheart -> AragakiAyase
                        AragakiAyase -> Unvote
                        AragakiAyase -> Arntonach
                        MixMasterLar -> Wineandbread
                        MixMasterLar -> Unvote
                        thesunfan -> DaBackpack
                        Charu -> DaBackpack
                        Xelnya -> Xiz
                        YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                        Xiz -> MixMasterLar
                        DaBackpack -> MixMasterLar
                        inDheart -> Unvote
                        AragakiAyase -> Charu
                        MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
                        Charles Claythorne/Mashi -> Charu
                        Tokzic -> inDheart
                        Xelnya -> Unvote
                        Arntonach -> Charu
                        thesunfan -> Unvote
                        Yoshiisland -> Unvote
                        thesunfan -> DaBackpack
                        reuben_tate -> Charu
                        AragakiAyase -> Unvote
                        Arntonach -> Unvote
                        Gradiant -> Arntonach
                        Tokzic -> Charu
                        Xelnya -> MixMasterLar
                        YoshL -> DaBackpack
                        Tokzic -> _Zenith_
                        _Zenith_ -> Arntonach
                        Tokzic -> Charu
                        Wineandbread -> Charu
                        Tokzic -> Unvote
                        Tokzic -> DaBackpack
                        thesunfan -> Unvote
                        Tokzic -> Unvote
                        YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                        thesunfan -> AragakiAyase
                        Charu -> AragakiAyase
                        Arntonach -> YoshL
                        Tokzic -> Charu
                        AragakiAyase -> Charu
                        Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
                        inDheart -> DaBackpack
                        YoshL -> AragakiAyase
                        Arntonach -> DaBackpack

                        Xiz -> thesunfan
                        MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
                        YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                        Wineandbread -> Tokzic
                        Xiz -> Xelnya
                        Xiz -> Unvote
                        _Zenith_ -> Yoshiisland
                        thesunfan -> Wineandbread
                        thesunfan -> _Zenith_
                        inDheart -> Yoshiisland
                        Charles Claythorne -> Gradiant
                        inDheart -> _Zenith_
                        Xiz -> MixMasterLar
                        Xiz -> Wineandbread
                        Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
                        Charles Claythorne -> Tokzic
                        Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
                        YoshL -> Wineandbread

                        Gradiant -> MixMasterLar
                        MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
                        thesunfan -> Tokzic
                        YoshL -> MixMasterLar
                        Gradiant -> Unvote
                        thesunfan -> Unvote
                        _Zenith_ -> inDheart
                        Gradiant -> Tokzic
                        _Zenith_ -> Tokzic
                        inDheart -> Tokzic
                        YoshL -> Tokzic

                        ---

                        Today's theme:
                        Last edited by roundbox; 08-16-2016, 06:23 PM.
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                        Comment

                        • thesunfan
                          Role Tide
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • May 2011
                          • 10859

                          #1932
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          btw, I do want to say, if town wins this game, we don't deserve it.

                          The wolves and the sk killed themselves and each other, so town got more than lucky, which means that I want to play this setup again sometime, both because its awesome and because the games that have been run haven't really showcased just how awesome this game can be, the roles in this setup are pretty sick-nasty
                          Originally posted by Vendetta21
                          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                          Originally posted by XelNya
                          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                          Originally posted by star-crossed
                          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                          Comment

                          • inDheart
                            Picker @ JAX2
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 505

                            #1933
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            thanks roundbox

                            1 more is insta, looks like

                            Comment

                            • thesunfan
                              Role Tide
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • May 2011
                              • 10859

                              #1934
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by inDheart
                              thanks roundbox

                              1 more is insta, looks like
                              its actually 2 but yeah I thought the same thing

                              even numbers are the devil
                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                              Originally posted by star-crossed
                              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                              Comment

                              • inDheart
                                Picker @ JAX2
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 505

                                #1935
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                nvm i can't count

                                Comment

                                Working...