TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • T-Force
    Your world ends with you
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2007
    • 4753

    #1906
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    Hopping on quickly when I should be working, don't tell anyone.

    I think I know what Sunfan is talking about. Athena's role tells you if the target is able to kill or not. I don't know if MW blocks that as well, but I would assume not as, AA mechanically speaking, Athena finds one's inner emotions. Replace emotions with kill-ability, and it makes sense.

    Sunfan's clear.
    Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

    Comment

    • YoshL
      Celestial Harbor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2008
      • 6156

      #1907
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      currently throughout this phase i've been trying to see what indheart has been doing, because i feel like a lot of my sentiments towards players have been pretty much echoed by him afterwards, and i've felt ultra pocketed by him early, and have only kinda just begun to re-examine.

      however, i feel like his attempt at sunfan is wholeheartedly town sided


      Originally posted by Charu
      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

      Comment

      • Charles Claythorne
        FFR Player
        • Apr 2013
        • 138

        #1908
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        @Zenith - I'm sorry that I'm flipfloppy!!! If I'm misreading you, it's probably because you're changing your meta, which definitely isn't something you should feel at fault for. And admittedly, I don't think I've played this game well at all - I pushed a lynch on someone who I think now I definitely shouldn't have (i.e. Charu) and with evidence that (while very much unlike him) he was at least putting in time and energy into the game. And then after that, I ended up getting a Special Role lynched! So if I end up still being suspicious of you at the end of the Phase and mislynch, it's because I suck and I'm sorry, Zenith!!! I hope that we will still always be Lovers forever and ever!!!

        For what it's worth, I'm also feeling flipfloppy on YoshL. I feel like there's a lot of Humany things he's done, but there are a couple of his posts that feel really Wolfy and I start having doubts!


        Anyway, after having slept and now being at research and wondering why Dropbox isn't uploading any of the files I need and also my laptop crashed again lol rip BUT DW MY POST GOT SAVED but anyway I don't even remember what I was going to say so uhhhh, so there was a splinter in my thumb and I think I got it out but it still hurts and feels like it's there but I can't see it??? there's also one in my left hand's palm btw. pls hlp

        Overall, I'm starting to think it's between Zenith and YoshL for me (either that or the actual Wolf is frick fracking #DESTROYING me tbh, but let's hope not!). My suspicion of Zenith and YoshL is both due to POE (i.e. everyone else looks more Human) and because of other small reasons for suspicions that add up.

        Comment

        • YoshL
          Celestial Harbor
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2008
          • 6156

          #1909
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          you haven't pointed out any posts or really offered anything conclusive about me other than "feels wolfy!!!!!!!!"

          pls mash even in your big post it was "I still don't like some of the posts YoshL has made this phase" (i'm also reading and trying to understand how you have MML as your top town there because the analysis seems very waffly)


          Originally posted by Charu
          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

          Comment

          • inDheart
            Picker @ JAX2
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2011
            • 505

            #1910
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by thesunfan
            godfather status does not interfere with Athena's checks
            actually now that you drew attention to this, i'm less sure i understand it

            quoting athena's role PM from setup

            Welcome, [Player Name], you are Athena Cykes - The Psychologist: A behavior and emotion specialist by study, you are able to look into the deep emotions of any witness with the help of Widget, your computer pal.
            Abilities:
            Once per night, you may select a player. You will be informed if that player has the potential to kill. You will either receive the result [Threat] or [Non-Threat]. If you select a player that has already made a kill, they will come back as a [Non-Threat] as they are an emotionless void. If you select a player who makes a kill in the same night you check them, they will come back as a [Threat].
            Win condition:
            You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
            from the way this is worded, athena doesn't look like a color flip so you're right about GF not interacting with it. it reads to me like a restricted Tracker who gets "threat" only if a killing role actually performed a kill that night

            but you could easily come up as "no threat" if you weren't the one to make the kill (which, we know yoshiisland did for wolves)

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #1911
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              or is "already" referring to action resolution in the same night

              Comment

              • inDheart
                Picker @ JAX2
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2011
                • 505

                #1912
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                also just replace "killing role" with "someone" in general, goddamn

                inb4 someone tells me wolves aren't "killing roles"

                Comment

                • Charles Claythorne
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 138

                  #1913
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  @YoshL: I think, if you're Human, the MixMasterLar suspicion might only feel waffley to you because you've been (imo) very biased against him. I'm feeling pretty confident about him, and have been since Day 0.

                  Regarding not liking your posts, it's not only just that a bad vibe, but even the content. Like, for your first major contributions Day 1 were basically charging against MixMasterLar for 'focusing' on you (which I didn't really see, since I think it looked like he was just taking a look after inactives and he passingly mentioned you). You might think your suspicion of MixMasterLar was sound, but I thought it was very weak and unlike a Human YoshL - it felt like bickering more than anything. And while you've stated before that you've supplied reads and everything in the game, the only impressions you've left on me so far have been arguing with MixMasterLar, throwing together a reads list End of Day 0, briefly arguing with Dabackpack end of Day 0, I don't really remember much from Day 1 and 2, and then you're arguing with Zenith this Phase. Yes, I know you've contributed other things during the game too, but my impression just leaves me a bit uncomfortable. I really am feeling very flip-floppity because there's a bunch of small things I think you've done that are very Human, but then there are some other little things that I'm focusing on that are making me cautious.

                  I thought I had already made a post about why I didn't like your posts from today, but starting from this post, it comes off to me that you're not really interested in finding the last Wolf, but more interested in finding people to be suspicious of. You mention me, Zenith, and Dabackpack as being potential suspects without giving a significant reason why or (to my memory) ever mentioning your suspicion of the three of us previously in the thread. Even when you and Zenith began arguing, you didn't give me the feeling that you really felt like you caught the Wolf but were just adding leading questions for an inevitable vote. Yes, I understand why Zenith's explanation came off suspicious (if he's Human, I think he just worded it poorly - it seemed to me that he had doubts that Tokzic was a Wolf and wanted him lynched in case anyway because it was still potent for him to be Wolf). The manner in which you conducted yourself is suspicious to me - you quote a post of Zenith's saying red flag and then proceed to question him later as if you're trying to convey that you want to 'make sure' your suspicion is correct. Why didn't you just vote for Zenith earlier if he gave you a red flag?


                  I'm going to stop attempting to link posts now because I'm typing like a sentence every 2 minutes because of Nitrogen refilling!!! Anyway, I don't really want to make this sound offensive, but it doesn't feel to me that you've really given the game a good read through yet, and your comments have come off as rather insincere to me sometimes. I know this is speculation, but I do have reasons for it. You've complained that I've never pushed any major suspicions, yet I've literally been saying since Day 0 that I was reading many people as Human and was somewhat concerned about it. It was the reason I struggled coming up with suspicions and started thinking Day 1 that the Wolves might be in the inactives. It's not as if I'm going to force myself to be suspicious of people.

                  When you were arguing with Zenith, you mentioned that Zenith's been a non-factor and has been left alone all game, yet sunfan pinged him out Day 0 (or Day 1? idr for sure) for not really contributing much of substance in his catchup posts, I (and I think a few others) mentioned that he was playing much less maverick as usual and was coming off as much gentler. I think what makes the statement comes off as most absurd though is that Zenith was heavily pushed as a lynch by sunfan and was one of the potential wagons (though, admittedly, they were all lackluster). That you claim Zenith has been left alone doesn't feel like something you ought to believe if you've focused enough on the thread.

                  So if you feel like my interpretation of you is boiling down to disliking the vibe your posts are giving off or something, maybe it's true from your perspective, but I definitely think there's some oddity to your behavior this game. Maybe I'm thinking of this the wrong way though, because apparently many others are viewing you as Human, but that's exactly one of the factors making me uncertain!!!

                  Anyway, I feel like I'm sort of rambling now, hul... But yeah, I hope this clarifies more about my thoughts about you, YoshL.

                  Comment

                  • Charles Claythorne
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2013
                    • 138

                    #1914
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    inDheart, idk how much I'm allowed to reference it (since sunfan has avoided doing so), but if you have questions about mechanics to ask in order to verify something, you should know what to do!

                    Comment

                    • Charles Claythorne
                      FFR Player
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 138

                      #1915
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      I will confirm what sunfan's been saying though that he is LOCK CLEAR

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #1916
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
                        inDheart, idk how much I'm allowed to reference it (since sunfan has avoided doing so), but if you have questions about mechanics to ask in order to verify something, you should know what to do!
                        i'm aware

                        Comment

                        • YoshL
                          Celestial Harbor
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 6156

                          #1917
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          i think the majority of it is because i onion skin and have a skewed viewpoint for recent events. unless i've personally focused on something in the past i tend to forget things


                          Originally posted by Charu
                          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                          Comment

                          • inDheart
                            Picker @ JAX2
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 505

                            #1918
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            mini weather anecdote HOW IS IT RAINING this hard again it's like the fifth time

                            Comment

                            • inDheart
                              Picker @ JAX2
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2011
                              • 505

                              #1919
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              i have done the needful

                              i am not fully placated but it's a longer shot

                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #1920
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                a little under three hours left, I'll be occupied at 8 PM onwards, but I'll be tabbing in and such

                                I'll drop a reads list, albeit pretty brief before then, I feel as though I've got the best grasp on the game I've had during the game, at least I sure hope so
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...