TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roundbox
    fhqwhgads
    • Feb 2005
    • 2086

    #1786
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD



    It's been a grueling fight for the truth, has it not been, everyone? On our next step to the truth, we've taken a gaze into the abyss. I'd finish the phrase, but there's a man in the audience that's really distracting me.

    Hey! You there! I thought we banned ex-cons from the audience.

    Wait a minute, is that? No, it truly is! Gradiant, were you wearing a disguise in the courtroom this whole time? I can't believe it. Right under all of our noses.

    Gradiant has been convicted and discharged from the courtroom.
    He was...

    Athena Cykes!


    Day 3 has now begun. Day 3 will end on Tuesday August 16th at 9 PM server time.
    Court is now in session!


    ---

    Today's theme:
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #1787
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      tokzic you dickbag superhighway

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #1788
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by inDheart
        tokzic you dickbag superhighway
        save it for the postgame
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • thesunfan
          Role Tide
          Sectional Moderator
          • May 2011
          • 10859

          #1789
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          i'm confirmed, I'll take a less involved stance in the proceedings today, I'll try and give my reads once everyone else has given theirs, and we'll go from there.

          also, hi Trevor
          Originally posted by Vendetta21
          Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
          Originally posted by XelNya
          I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
          Originally posted by star-crossed
          (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

          Comment

          • MixMasterLar
            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2006
            • 5403

            #1790
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            ....Well, I can't say I am too surprised by any of this. I am a bit frustrated though.

            It would have made a hella lot more sense for Tokzic to be red, act like that green that wanted to save blue, and then just fuck with town at EoD before disappearing knowing that we're all a little hesitant to lynch non-actives the first few days. But he was town the whole time?

            Feh, I know mechanically we're in a good spot and will likely win the game but I kind of feel like I'm back at square one. At least I was right about Gradiant not being scum, but if I admit that people have a point regarding DPB then I don't know where that leaves me.
            ​

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5403

              #1791
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              Also Hey T-Force welcome to the game

              What roll did Ben end up rolling? It's killing me to know
              ​

              Comment

              • inDheart
                Picker @ JAX2
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Aug 2011
                • 505

                #1792
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                Feh, I know mechanically we're in a good spot and will likely win the game but I kind of feel like I'm back at square one. At least I was right about Gradiant not being scum, but if I admit that people have a point regarding DPB then I don't know where that leaves me.
                i wouldn't really say that - even though numbers are in our favor right now, we're blind again unless rereads reveal something groundbreaking

                i'm gonna try to make some headway now because real life me is pretty tapped for tomorrow

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #1793
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  So, assuming the last wolf is active, is it a safe bet they probably also voted for Tokzic to go ahead and get that wagon rolling?


                  I voted Tokzic before it was cool.

                  TheSunFan is pretty lock clear from Gradiant's flip

                  Gradiant is probably a blue, guys.

                  Zenith votes for Tokzic over the Gradiant mess (presumably everyone after him does as well) and that seems in character for him regardless of alignment.

                  inDHeart votes for Tokzic putting him way to close to Insta but little original thought added, but still adds in something:


                  Originally posted by inDheart
                  if there's anything to describe tokzic's gameplay, it's consistent with itself at the very least

                  Tokzic


                  YoshL seems to 180 from where he sat regarding wanting me to lynch me or Zenith and votes Tokzic with little added. Just a quick vote that happens to turn into an insta:


                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  i just looked up tokzic's avatar, and that's actually exactly what i was assuming about tokzic
                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  and i think it actually makes his behavior make perfect fucking sense this game, but wolves/sk didn't take the bait. tokzic does not get lynched here
                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  tbh i'm pretty sure he was hoping people would catch on and not say anything so he could make it to night phase

                  in any case, mml or zenith from where i am can zzz
                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  cool, tokzic gg


                  I think this rubs me the wrong way because not only should YoshL know that Insta is pretty bad for town (it stifles posting which only helps reds stay hidden) but I really would expect a sentence along the lines of "Well I think Gradiant is much more believable in this case" which we do not get.


                  And finally, although not mentioned in His Honor's review, Mashi votes for Tokzic as well.

                  Originally posted by Charles Claythorne
                  lol
                  i leave for like an hour and you guys find the last wolf without me!!!

                  part of me feels like this might be too good to be true but #yolo Tokzic
                  Which, again, I would expect with Mashi's reputation that he should also know that Insta is not a good thing for town and that after YoshL's vote we would have to be near it by that point. At least, as flimsy as an excuse #YOLO is, we get a little insight to the vote.



                  I don't know I don't want to be a hypocrite because I basically started the Tokzic Lynch Train, but I'll be really surprise if the reason we Insta'd was because Town got really hyper over Gradiant's claim.
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #1794
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    I used two buts in a sentence and that makes shit confusing:

                    inDHeart votes for Tokzic putting him way to close to Insta but little original thought added, yet* still adds in gives us something:

                    Also meant to add spoiler tags to Mashi's post. Wasn't trying to signal that one out by leaving it visible.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • T-Force
                      Your world ends with you
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 4753

                      #1795
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      Hey guys, I haven't read much of the game, and as short-sighted as this may be, I would like to participate fresh - as if we were in D0.
                      Although the lack of any remaining PRs is troublesome (I read the OP to figure out who was left player-wise, and how many roles were gone), I still feel we're in a good place, and hopefully playing with fresh eyes will allow me to help solve this game for us.
                      Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                      Comment

                      • MixMasterLar
                        Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 5403

                        #1796
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by T-Force
                        Hey guys, I haven't read much of the game, and as short-sighted as this may be, I would like to participate fresh - as if we were in D0.
                        Although the lack of any remaining PRs is troublesome (I read the OP to figure out who was left player-wise, and how many roles were gone), I still feel we're in a good place, and hopefully playing with fresh eyes will allow me to help solve this game for us.
                        So I guess the question becomes, Will you ally? Or betray?



                        I don't want to hate trying to play like d0 because my God that would be a lot of reading otherwise, but if you have the time read the last's days worth of post.

                        Alotta reads, notable quotes, and a decent indicator on where we stand now.
                        ​

                        Comment

                        • inDheart
                          Picker @ JAX2
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 505

                          #1797
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          inDHeart votes for Tokzic putting him way to close to Insta but little original thought added, but still adds in something:
                          yeah but i also posted this:

                          Originally posted by inDheart
                          this is where sunfan should come back and absolutely shred tokzic if tokz really just is a VT being an idiot
                          which, while admittedly indirect, shows where my head was with that vote. a lot of people called tokzic out yesterday, but sunfan doubled it up with a vote. this was when tokzic was still posting. tokzic did not respond to this directly, but did make this post. that was probably the best time to drop the act, but instead tokz chose to go harder on the claim. and we see how that went. leaving the fallout for postgame.

                          the lack of a reasonable response to this really bothered me. tokzic made his last post 49 minutes after sunfan's. then gradiant spoke, after roughly another 40 minutes, effectively catching tokz in his own stated trap (see that post again). it's also why hitting insta didn't even faze me - tokzic had plenty of time to respond and give up the act, and just didn't.

                          though, hindsight hurts a lot. a wolf tokzic would pretty much be forced to respond, give it up and claim VT. then if he lived the day, gradiant seers at night and that's game.

                          Comment

                          • thesunfan
                            Role Tide
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • May 2011
                            • 10859

                            #1798
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by T-Force
                            Hey guys, I haven't read much of the game, and as short-sighted as this may be, I would like to participate fresh - as if we were in D0.
                            Although the lack of any remaining PRs is troublesome (I read the OP to figure out who was left player-wise, and how many roles were gone), I still feel we're in a good place, and hopefully playing with fresh eyes will allow me to help solve this game for us.
                            I am mechanically lock clear by Gradiant's flip, everyone else is unconfirmed

                            Ben was pretty universally townread before he replaced out

                            that's about all you need to know
                            Originally posted by Vendetta21
                            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                            Originally posted by star-crossed
                            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                            Comment

                            • YoshL
                              Celestial Harbor
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 6156

                              #1799
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              do you really think that i thought that was the insta vote?

                              try actually going back and reading the whole entire eod, instead of cherry picking at certain things, because most of what you've tried to pick out have already been addressed.

                              out of the people left, i still think MML is still scum, but i'm worried because that sentiment hasn't changed throughout this game for me, and i'm probably approaching it as a "scummy because mentally impaired" type of thing

                              mashi is actually the other person i would look towards, because i don't remember him ever making any really big pushes or going at things with much conviction? otherwise, also zenith for doing the same. dabackpack is also out there because of otakon, he's probably getting back home, and will look at thread and be like "ok"

                              the fact that he disappeared after the emotions after end of d1 is still a little bit eyebrow raising, but the flip out kinda left a big mark on me


                              Originally posted by Charu
                              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                              Comment

                              • _Zenith_
                                Accuracy Player
                                • Mar 2011
                                • 4629

                                #1800
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                Hmmm





                                Comment

                                Working...