TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • _Zenith_
    Accuracy Player
    • Mar 2011
    • 4629

    #1816
    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

    I'm not sure if I would lynch MML here

    It'd be a possibility but I lynched him the last game and he's playing similarly to that and he was town so thus warranting a slight town read for now

    DBP is null because post-game ranting about inactivity

    Mashi is something I need to make a post on to get my read clearly out there without using YoshL's read on the take but merely referencing it





    Comment

    • YoshL
      Celestial Harbor
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Music Producer
      • Aug 2008
      • 6156

      #1817
      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

      you claimed to be right about tokzic, but pushed for his lynch anyways. Why did you feel the need to point that out? Like, the fact that you purposefully drew attention to like "I was right about tokzic and gradiant hmmm... i wonder what this could mean"

      and given your reasoning on tokzic is very shaky to say the least (his latest posts felt weird? how about look at the fact that he was softing the whole entire game, didn't die, even when there was only 1 confirmed PR left, softed even harder)

      I get hindsight 20/20 and his actions kinda make sense, but at the same time, you've literally said "i was right about tokzic" but in your "why" post, said that "tokzic was looking wolfy so i wanted to lynch him". That's the complete opposite of being right about tokzic.

      also, the fact that you're not scumreading anyone is also alarming, especially at this point. You claim to have "on point" reads, but clearly either A) they're not because you have no scum leans at all, or B) you are the last scum, leading to your "on point" reads.


      Originally posted by Charu
      Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

      Comment

      • _Zenith_
        Accuracy Player
        • Mar 2011
        • 4629

        #1818
        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

        I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I saw Tokzic being a wolf, you cannot honestly say that his entire play this game screamed VT

        Even without reading him as a wolf, he deserved to die and you know this. It's bad enough we have one completely inactive person that hinders town and he was also hindering town with his bullshit. I believe by what Sunfan said we still have what, three mislynches? You care to propose to use one of them on me?

        How about instead of trying to concentrate on my reads, you instead post some of your own?





        Comment

        • YoshL
          Celestial Harbor
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Aug 2008
          • 6156

          #1819
          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

          Originally posted by _Zenith_
          Bolded gave off a very uncomfortable but a logical point that I first read as possible WIFOM AFTER Gradiant had countered the claim, and that led me to lynch Tokzic. I still had my doubts about Tokzic flipping wolf, but at that moment I just wanted Tokzic lynched because it provided bad content and a horrible jumping off point in finding the last wolf because of his shit.
          "i wanted my town read lynched, not because his actions made him look scummy, but because he was playing badly" mhm


          Originally posted by Charu
          Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

          Comment

          • YoshL
            Celestial Harbor
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Aug 2008
            • 6156

            #1820
            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

            Originally posted by _Zenith_
            I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I saw Tokzic being a wolf, you cannot honestly say that his entire play this game screamed VT

            Even without reading him as a wolf, he deserved to die and you know this. It's bad enough we have one completely inactive person that hinders town and he was also hindering town with his bullshit. I believe by what Sunfan said we still have what, three mislynches? You care to propose to use one of them on me?

            How about instead of trying to concentrate on my reads, you instead post some of your own?
            >redirection

            zenith

            also take a look at the first post i made in the phase dipwad


            Originally posted by Charu
            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

            Comment

            • YoshL
              Celestial Harbor
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Aug 2008
              • 6156

              #1821
              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

              you had 2 blue claims when there was only 1 blue remaining at EoD. There's no way you're going into that mentality with "oh shit they're probably town and town but i think one of them should die anyways"


              Originally posted by Charu
              Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

              Comment

              • _Zenith_
                Accuracy Player
                • Mar 2011
                • 4629

                #1822
                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                Originally posted by YoshL
                you had 2 blue claims when there was only 1 blue remaining at EoD. There's no way you're going into that mentality with "oh shit they're probably town and town but i think one of them should die anyways"
                I'm not going to fight you so continue onwards.

                You're wrong.





                Comment

                • _Zenith_
                  Accuracy Player
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 4629

                  #1823
                  Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                  I will say this though:

                  You've looked bad for a healthy amount of the game, self-admitted to looking bad too, and also have admitted to not taking the time to read the game or players in-depth

                  Before you try to gun me down because of my Tokzic reasoning, the rest of the players deserve to see the effort you've either tried to achieve or actually achieved, so please show what you have done so far. Sunfan is waiting for all of us to come forth with reads before doing his confirmed stuff.





                  Comment

                  • YoshL
                    Celestial Harbor
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 6156

                    #1824
                    Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                    Originally posted by _Zenith_
                    I will say this though:

                    You've looked bad for a healthy amount of the game, self-admitted to looking bad too, and also have admitted to not taking the time to read the game or players in-depth

                    Before you try to gun me down because of my Tokzic reasoning, the rest of the players deserve to see the effort you've either tried to achieve or actually achieved, so please show what you have done so far. Sunfan is waiting for all of us to come forth with reads before doing his confirmed stuff.
                    is this seriously all you've got? "You looked bad" is basically the extent on your "read" of me. I've given my opinion on people and have been analyzing people's actions, reactions, interactions, etc. as i can. i'm seeing you coming out with "hey look at my accurate reads" with very little work behind them, and now it looks like you're just kinda hiding behind sunfan's 100% confirmed town spot.

                    it also looks like you didn't bother to go and actuallly check whether or not i expressed opinions on other players currently in the game, which even further destroys the little bit of pressure that it looks like you're trying to generate lol

                    more importantly because you've been a pretty damn non-factor in this game, no-one's really touched on you and you've been left alone. it's unlike the town zenith that tries to pull big plays to generate controversy, but more like the wolf zenith who pops up with reads that are pretty much too good to be true


                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                    Comment

                    • _Zenith_
                      Accuracy Player
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4629

                      #1825
                      Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                      Originally posted by YoshL
                      is this seriously all you've got? "You looked bad" is basically the extent on your "read" of me. I've given my opinion on people and have been analyzing people's actions, reactions, interactions, etc. as i can. i'm seeing you coming out with "hey look at my accurate reads" with very little work behind them, and now it looks like you're just kinda hiding behind sunfan's 100% confirmed town spot.

                      it also looks like you didn't bother to go and actuallly check whether or not i expressed opinions on other players currently in the game, which even further destroys the little bit of pressure that it looks like you're trying to generate lol

                      more importantly because you've been a pretty damn non-factor in this game, no-one's really touched on you and you've been left alone. it's unlike the town zenith that tries to pull big plays to generate controversy, but more like the wolf zenith who pops up with reads that are pretty much too good to be true
                      I'm not trying to go after you in the sense I think you're a wolf, no no

                      I still have a town read on you.

                      Bolded is another subjection to a meta read that I already commented that should be thrown away.

                      I haven't seen the "normal" amount of work you put into a game yet which is why I'm pressuring to see more from you, not pressuring to find out if you're a wolf or not because I'm pretty sure you're town here. If you think I'm attempting to sheep Sunfan because confirmed you are wrong, if you read back, you can see Sunfan and I have shared similar thoughts even though he's had problems with me this game (See: D1). Knowing what he thinks will allow me to look at my own reads from another view which is where I feel like I should be currently since I'm puzzled about who the last wolf is.

                      Don't think I'm solely targeting you either about activity / wanting more content, everyone needs to start being more active and contributing and you're just getting the start of it because you're here and active, sorry. I'm pissed off at DBP, I don't like that T-Force doesn't even want to skim the past phases and wants to play this one "as if it's d0" because whatever is said in this phase comes off as face value and not "it's logically attributed because of past events". MML is very inconsistent with his activity but still reminds me of the last game I played with MML (Turbo 3) where I gunned him down and he flipped town for making eerily similar posts as the ones he is making this game. inDheart is for lack of a better term bad right now, this is the second time he took flair in something he is sheeping (See: D1 Sunfan, Now you). I think his section about me about wanting to gain town points is absurd, it isn't about the town points, it's about actively attempting to find the last wolf right now.





                      Comment

                      • T-Force
                        Your world ends with you
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 4753

                        #1826
                        Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by _Zenith_
                        I don't like that T-Force doesn't even want to skim the past phases and wants to play this one "as if it's d0" because whatever is said in this phase comes off as face value and not "it's logically attributed because of past events".
                        I'll go back to your's and YoshL's little spat here later on because I think it could be telling, but I wanted to address this first:

                        Is it such a bad thing that I want to do this? To take everything at face value from what's posted now rather than gain the context and biases of the previous phase? Everyone has their reads, their biases towards the other players; I do not. If the wolf is hiding amongst everyone's townreads from a previous phase, who's to say I can't figure them out with having a clear view from the one day? If you want to hate on me for it, go right ahead, but I think that this style could be beneficial.
                        Life is simply unfair... Don't you think?

                        Comment

                        • inDheart
                          Picker @ JAX2
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 505

                          #1827
                          Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                          Originally posted by _Zenith_
                          Is it bad I might have switched inDheart from a wolf to a really bad town?

                          I don't think it's that bad, I think his reads are terrible this game and this is the second time he's used influence to support a read (First from Sunfan, now from YoshL) so whereas I originally thought he could've been a decent wolf candidate, I just think he's now backpacking because he isn't developing good reads and he may know this even before he reads this post.
                          sure i'll cop to playing a bad game, especially d0, but honestly you can't get more noncommittal than your own reads list where you had two leans but zero solid wolf candidates. looking at what you just posted today, it's practically the same. i'd love to know what changed your mind on MML, who along with me was a wolf candidate for you yesterday.

                          it's bizarre to me that so little "sticks out" to you, but then you're obsessed with your waffling being "right" at times.

                          someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't what zenith did to island a classic wolf play? build suspicion by finding a reason to call him out and park your vote, get him to do the night kill, then if he dies, good thing you called it ahead of time. in general bad for wolves, but the seeming confirmation would have made it easier to hide himself.

                          Comment

                          • inDheart
                            Picker @ JAX2
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 505

                            #1828
                            Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                            Originally posted by T-Force
                            Is it such a bad thing that I want to do this? To take everything at face value from what's posted now rather than gain the context and biases of the previous phase? Everyone has their reads, their biases towards the other players; I do not. If the wolf is hiding amongst everyone's townreads from a previous phase, who's to say I can't figure them out with having a clear view from the one day? If you want to hate on me for it, go right ahead, but I think that this style could be beneficial.
                            i think what might be difficult is the rest of us might have a hard time not bringing earlier context into the discussion, so inevitably you'd have to engage with it

                            Comment

                            • _Zenith_
                              Accuracy Player
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 4629

                              #1829
                              Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                              Originally posted by T-Force
                              I'll go back to your's and YoshL's little spat here later on because I think it could be telling, but I wanted to address this first:

                              Is it such a bad thing that I want to do this? To take everything at face value from what's posted now rather than gain the context and biases of the previous phase? Everyone has their reads, their biases towards the other players; I do not. If the wolf is hiding amongst everyone's townreads from a previous phase, who's to say I can't figure them out with having a clear view from the one day? If you want to hate on me for it, go right ahead, but I think that this style could be beneficial.
                              It's not mechanically bad, no, I just don't particularly like it because there might be some key points you could easily miss in the last phases if you do not read it and it may affect some things you read/say without actually knowing. A skim does fine, not asking for you to take literally a full day reading so many posts (with d0 being filled with longer posts). It's just now how I would go about it.





                              Comment

                              • inDheart
                                Picker @ JAX2
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 505

                                #1830
                                Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

                                10. MixMasterLar town

                                - yeah i'm still reading him as town but i'm dropping the "didn't read the setup" reason because it's stupid at this point
                                - if there's anyone i'm going to call "bad town" it's MML
                                - post count theory has some merits, but it's weird to me to hammer so early on it d0, even voting wab in a mistake
                                - ...but honestly i think pinging the inactives would confuse your own application of that theory, and if i recall, your follow-up has used the same post count picture which is dated now, unless your point is that halfway through d0 tells all
                                - he said this was his 4th game and claimed VT pretty organically, which i can see as a legit claim because of how voluntary it was
                                - ...but really failed to respond to yoshl in a reasonable, substantive way (hence my "MML sux yoshl rulz" post)
                                - however, i do see an eagerness out of him to solve the game, even if it doesn't seem to be doing much for his reads
                                - his top 5 town from yesterday is more like a list of people who offended him the least to put in there
                                - yet for his recent play, i like his tokzic push and his recap of the aftermath above about what we can learn from the people forcing insta there. still waiting to see how he feels today, but i like his hustle.

                                13. T-Force null

                                - just entered the game so nbtj yet
                                - so the following is a reread of ben:
                                - this one is probably my favorite penguin post, as it picked on red blaster for putting nothing on top of barely anything. the post that sunfan supposedly thought he was townie for just reads like utter fluff to me though, like it's something made of nothing
                                - he talked to MML about post count theory but most of his other posts are meme drivel and "sorry i'm not here"
                                - still wish i could have asked him about his charu vote, because it seems like his stated reason was borrowed straight from AA's iso, and he didn't have any previous engagement with the charu lynch squad's ideas. he certainly wasn't the first person to think "he can die" was weird

                                Comment

                                Working...