TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thesunfan
    Role Tide
    Sectional Moderator
    • May 2011
    • 10859

    #286
    Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

    HEY ITS NOT ALWAYS MY PLAN TO POST STUPID. I've done stupid things on purpose before, and I don't quite know how I feel about them anymore. There was a game on DM where I was reading someone as the seer (he was kind of obvious with his reads crossing with his possible checks) and I tried to throw scum on him for it, and I ended up getting lynched for it. Its probably just better for me to be up front until I'm a good enough player to pull off trying to be stupid. That being said, there are plenty of times where I've just been a complete dumbass, the same should go for everyone; you're going to look like a tool a few times if you play this game enough.
    but yeah, I know I annoy you as a player, not gonna change though.
    Originally posted by Vendetta21
    Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
    Originally posted by XelNya
    I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
    Originally posted by star-crossed
    (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

    Comment

    • Gradiant
      FFR's Resident Trashpanda
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Sep 2012
      • 1100

      #287
      Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

      Originally posted by thesunfan
      HEY ITS NOT ALWAYS MY PLAN TO POST STUPID. I've done stupid things on purpose before, and I don't quite know how I feel about them anymore. Its probably just better for me to be up front until I'm a good enough player to pull off trying to be stupid. That being said, there are plenty of times where I've just been a complete dumbass, the same should go for everyone; you're going to look like a tool a few times if you play this game enough.
      but yeah, I know I annoy you as a player, not gonna change though.
      You could just not try to be stupid and just play normal, but yeah, not expecting you to change how you play. If you have fun fitting that role than please, continue to do so. That's the point of this game, to have fun.

      Comment

      • cedolad
        moonchild~
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2007
        • 6879

        #288
        Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

        I'm not arguing against that, because it's all true. We all can make stupid plays sometimes, and I've done so multiple times. But this isn't just ignorance, or bad plays, it's me letting my personal life bleed into the game. It's like when we go to work, and one of your coworkers is spouting out bullshit about how their significant other is cheating on them or some shit. They let their raw emotions effect their work and in turn it effects how others work.

        My point being, I need to get my shit together.

        Comment

        • cedolad
          moonchild~
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jan 2007
          • 6879

          #289
          Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

          end-o discussion-o, I'm gonna reread the thread, there was some stuff said that I missed because I was ripping my hair out and smearing my feces along the walls.

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #290
            Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

            Got back a lot early, and for related reasons I'm in a bit of a pissy mood. (I have another meeting at 5-6 so I'll be back later to elaborate on my thoughts.) I'll leave some talking points.

            Leaving my vote on Riot.

            Gradiant, I'm not sure where specifically your complaints are with me, but I think you might be missing something I posted? I'll get back to you on that when I get back.

            Xig, please just tell us something about what you're thinking. You don't have go be a big fucking hero about it. I mean no offense you're cool! But it's most constructive to the town if you're a little more open. I get that you don't want to be too open but...

            Also assumptions are absolutely necessary in this game. You're employing induction-deduction. Induction absolutely requires assumptions.

            It's important to keep track of WHAT assumptions you're making, though., And be flexible always.


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • thesunfan
              Role Tide
              Sectional Moderator
              • May 2011
              • 10859

              #291
              Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              Also assumptions are absolutely necessary in this game. You're employing induction-deduction. Induction absolutely requires assumptions.

              It's important to keep track of WHAT assumptions you're making, though., And be flexible always.
              Ty for telling us how to play the game, maybe someday we can be as good as you are at TWG.
              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
              Originally posted by XelNya
              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
              Originally posted by star-crossed
              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #292
                Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                Problem is Xiz is a bad target because he's not going to really react to it, and as such the responses aren't going to be really diverse.
                yay someone agrees with me on that

                Comment

                • Gradiant
                  FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 1100

                  #293
                  Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                  Originally posted by DaBackpack
                  Gradiant, I'm not sure where specifically your complaints are with me, but I think you might be missing something I posted? I'll get back to you on that when I get back.

                  Also assumptions are absolutely necessary in this game. You're employing induction-deduction. Induction absolutely requires assumptions.
                  It's important to keep track of WHAT assumptions you're making, though., And be flexible always.
                  First part: I shall have to go back and reread. Hate to vote for somebody due to something I missed.

                  Second part: Not necessarily, if you base everything off of a false assumption you are only screwing yourself over. Now, later on in the game, yeah go ahead. Because there is now more evidence and information to at least somewhat support your assumption. In day one however, starting the game in this way is idiotic in my opinion. It looks to me like a half-assed attempt to look smart and really involved when really, it's a good way to: (a) look town as a wolf, or (b) screw stuff up for everybody else with a false assumption that could lynch somebody town or a special role.

                  Comment

                  • Xiz
                    TWG Chaos
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 3399

                    #294
                    Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    Xig, please just tell us something about what you're thinking.
                    Yeah okay. I'm going to pair sunfan and charu as wolves together. If it's one thing i'm strong at it's early game reads. I'm sure people can vouch for me for that. I didn't want to say it because I wanted to see how both of them react to each other (if at all) but they didn't. Which is what I was expecting. Since both of them were kinda in the spotlight (sunfan obvi more then charu) I wanted to see their reads on each other. Here is something strong that pairs them both:

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Alright, so sunfan and xiz. Some games sunfan likes to say he's "melding" with xiz because hive mind whatever. This has not happened. Instead, sunfan wants xiz dead apparently. Not sure if in a joking matter or serious, but that's his statement at the moment.
                    Biggest point right here. This is a very soft (and pretty much filler) post. It's sheeping other reads that have been said already. Also take a look at most of charu's posts. Pretty much all sheep. However he has made an attempt to lead town and push the game along, however the fact he has kinda pushed sunfan to the side is unsettling.

                    Originally posted by thesunfan
                    Gonna mention Charu a little bit here, town for now for a mindmeld with how cedo came out interrogating Riot; that felt super forced to me as well.
                    Yet he hasn't done anything or said anything after. Not a town sunfan play.

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #295
                      Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                      So i'm willing to kill Charu / Riot here, feel good about them. 3rd wolf is probably a lurker, like guest or manti or hans. I don't really care about them right now so im not focusing on them.

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #296
                        Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                        ^ **Charu / sunfan. Not riot.

                        Comment

                        • cedolad
                          moonchild~
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 6879

                          #297
                          Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                          Then why don't you make a vote about it?

                          Comment

                          • Gradiant
                            FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 1100

                            #298
                            Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                            Originally posted by Xiz
                            ^ **Charu / sunfan. Not riot.
                            So you think Riot is town?

                            Comment

                            • Xiz
                              TWG Chaos
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 3399

                              #299
                              Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                              Dunno. Haven't been paying attention to him. All of you can bandwagon if you want but I'm exploring other options while we still have time.

                              Comment

                              • Gradiant
                                FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 1100

                                #300
                                Re: TWG CXIV - Coronation of Xiv

                                Originally posted by Xiz
                                Dunno. Haven't been paying attention to him. All of you can bandwagon if you want but I'm exploring other options while we still have time.
                                Understandable, just wanting to see where everybody stands so I know what the list of possible kills are. Can change easily before the day ends, but it's better to have an idea for now.

                                Comment

                                Working...