TWG CII: 0rbs of power

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
    nobody fiffers anymore.
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2006
    • 2440

    #376
    Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    Here's the thing that bothers me about your entire game so far BDN. You are doing exactly what I think I would've done if I was a wolf.

    How exactly is that supposed to apply to me? I don’t play the way you play, so what I do as any role is going to be different from yours.


    Originally posted by j-rodd123
    Your orb strategy is really 0 level thinking and all it does is try to make it look like you're protecting humans and care way too much if one dies as opposed to the info it can give. Humans die, that's werewolf, they often die and that leads to a wolf lynch.
    I don’t think I ever said that I never wanted a human to die; that’s inevitable. I’m not that naïve; if that is what you got out of it, I think I need to explain my reasoning in more detail.

    All I stated was that a blind Night 1 vigi was ass in my opinion, and I didn’t mean to present that statement as anything other than my opinion. My reasoning was, since it would have been made on next to no information, a vigi N1 would’ve helped the wolves more than town and would have made the holder of the vigi very suspicious, to the possible point that tracker would come out thinking he got a wolf. If said person was a human, as you would have liked it, that would have been very, very bad. We would’ve both outed our tracker and had a 75% chance of essentially giving the wolves a free wolfing. It wasn’t just a matter of “more humans dying”, it was a matter of the Tracker dying with them. The tracker is the most powerful thing in this game. It is THE only thing making these power post-claims in any way reliable, and prevents wolves from just going ham on us if/when they get the orbs.


    At the time, I did not see how that situation would go differently or resolve to something favorable to the humans, so I advocated against it, as several others began to do earlier. Not for the EXACT same reasons, of course, but in concord with mine. Considering the above, it seemed unconscionable for you to advertise N1 vigi as a proper human action. If you had given me a compelling counter-argument that the N1 vigi would turn out better for us, I might have changed my mind, but there was nothing that really convinced me that Night.


    What bothers me about your play is that on page 8, soon after anything comes up against your N1 vigi plan, you immediately retract it. It seems to me that if that you actually believed it was a viable thing for the humans to do, you would have defended it somewhat, or at least explained your reasoning. But you do nothing of the sort. And then later in the Night you go right back to it. I’ve seen this happen before, and it usually means that a wolf is trying to get town points by concord with the most common ideas/opinions, before trying to go back and justify the tactic. Of course, I can’t rule out the possibility of you idea baiting the wolves into trying such a tactic, but again, that’s kind of moot because it obv. didn’t work. And I dunno, the long term survival of the Tracker could make all the difference in this game. Even if we did catch a wolf out of that deal, I’m not sure our Tracker would have been an equitable trade that early in the game.

    [quote=j-rodd123;4002070]Sitting there using the most obvious orb strategy and acting like you're protecting humans is actually wolfy to me.[/quote]

    You have a good point. This is something that humans have to be wary of – people just cruising through the game without anything to add, just buddying up and/or aligning with trusted people to get them through the game. It’s a classic wolf game, but nothing that I intended to play. Remember that I had very limited access to the game recently, which caused me to fall way behind on the thread, and be out of the IM/VChat loop…so I literally had nothing to add. I don’t intend on letting this kind of thing happen again. If it does, I will seek a replacement.

    To clarify on the strategy issue: I understand where you’re coming from, I think, but your claim that the vigi power here is “equivalent to a seering”…I don’t see how that’s supposed to be. It only is if we get a wolf. It’s a bit better actually, since it saves us a lynch we can use on another suspect. But, again, missing a wolf pretty much gives them a free kill, so I don’t see the reasoning. Plus, the less time/data a potential vigier has, the more likely they are to make a wrong decision. Therefore, I stand by my position.

    You seem to think it’s of the highest importance that items cycle as much as possible; we might just have to agree to disagree on that. I don’t see anything inherent in item distribution that favors the town. I think we need to find a balance between info gathering and item use/cycling, as much as is possible.

    [quote=j-rodd123;4002070]That's not all though, calling someone's posts mostly fluff shows you're kind of out of sync with the thread, especially since that person offered the orb strategy and just was making a case for a lynch against a new person as opposed to adding just a +1.[/quote]

    Please specify who you are talking about. If it’s Xiz, I fully acknowledge in my last post that he has been stepping up and providing some actual content of his own during this Day. Read it again.

    Not only that, but people are also talking out of the thread, another are which you fail to contribute.


    I have been talking outside the thread, although not nearly as much as I should, I grant. I’ll contribute my fair share, when I actually have some fucking time to contribute. I had to work over the past few days and other things such as spontaneous family “events” and sleep difficulties have not been leaving me time at all. You would know that if you read earlier posts. To me it just seems like you’re taking what you want out of them.

    If my explanations are not good enough for you, then so be it. I’m not going to try to convince you of real life events that you have no connection to.

    On top of that you've been constantly bringing up this whole "hey guys I'm so rusty" "I can't find wolves" thing. It really seems like ur just a wolf who's gonna lynch a human and use these as ur excuses, ur setting yourself up for clearance if you make a mistake. Now I could just be tunnelling but I for sure think there's a >rand chance BDN is a wolf.


    From what I’ve seen you have a tendency to do that. And some points you raise against me are fair, but others seem kind of weak or cherry-picked. I know it’s pretty easy to get excited about the right game, but being overzealous has its drawbacks. Be sure to take a step back once in a while and come back to look at things with some new eyes. Keeping any one “pet theory” can blind you to anything else.

    And of course, I do feel really inadequate, and I really wasn’t sure about playing this game and blah blah. Too bad for me. I signed up for this game and now I have to play it to the fullest, so you’ll hear no more whining from me.

    I gots tha purple yo.
    ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

    Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

    Comment

    • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
      nobody fiffers anymore.
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2006
      • 2440

      #377
      Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

      Damn it, J-rodd, I was hoping your reaction would be a clincher one way or the other. All I got out of that was slight town edge to neutral. Ehhh...

      I must let it be known that I really, really don't like Xiz as a lynch today. My gut tells me something is just not adding up about it, but I can't put my finger on it. Whenever I have time today I'm going to be looking extra close at the Day's proceedings and see if I can give this feeling some concrete backing.

      Runescapedude for now.
      ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

      Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

      Comment

      • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
        nobody fiffers anymore.
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Dec 2006
        • 2440

        #378
        Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

        Manti, can we please get an official votecount at some stage?
        ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

        Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

        Comment

        • runescapedude1126
          FFR Veteran
          • Jan 2005
          • 268

          #379
          Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

          I would also like to see the official vote count, so far there is some pretty heavy debate on how this first day vote should go, I completely agree with discussing before insta lynch.
          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          Fisting is not the way to label people.


          Best AAA'S: {Midnight}, {Rose}, Szamar Madar, Vertex BETA

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #380
            Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

            Heya folks, lurking the thread at work. (Dohoho)

            I'm sticking with my vote on you, Xiz, unless something just blows my eyes out of the water. His pleas and defense now are making me second guess a little, but I can't ignore your weird behavior with voting and your list you made.

            You're giving a plan that could be beneficial for us to get a wolf, but it could be something to waste a seer orb we could use on someone else that's more suspicious than Netjet. I don't know man, I just don't know. The plan sounds solid, but we could just be wasting a orb is my concern.

            What if he flips red? Do we want to suddenly target thesunfan then? I already said this, but I honestly don't see any reason whatsoever to lie about what the seer flips.

            Honestly though, I can't see a reason to put suspicion on Netjet. He hasn't done anything wrong from what I've seen. Yeah, he's been complacent and not really pressuring anyone, but is that a wolf call? Hell yeah it can be, but it's a read that's reading very much neutral to me.

            You know what... maybe Xiz is on to something, but since I'm already confused with you and questioning your motives, how am I suppose to just suddenly follow your plan to seer Netjet? TPS was the first person to cast suspicion on Netjet and then you followed suit. How do I know you're not just going to Netjet because you're the wolf and are perhaps using previous games for your reasoning to make people cast suspicion on him? TPS voting for you now makes me question this very thought even more. I don't know if he's thinking the same thing, but that's what I'm thinking.

            Or it could be reverse psychology you're trying to pull with your defense. Either way, the damage seems to be too far-long. I'm hesitant to waver my vote on you, there's just too many "what ifs" from you to trust fully. The other night, not last night, we were in a google hangout thing. That's when I thought I could make you slightly human just by your voice and opinions on the game. Now though since the day 1 phase, I don't know if I can unless someone either seer's you or have you flip upon death.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #381
              Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

              Originally posted by Charu
              You're giving a plan that could be beneficial for us to get a wolf, but it could be something to waste a seer orb we could use on someone else that's more suspicious than Netjet.
              Seering Netjet might not not give us a red, you are right, but it could give two greens, which I find right now would be more important. I've said this and i'll keep saying it again. If we keep the chain on seer orbs we can tell who is the weak link in the chain. Instead of just randomly throwing it out there, confirming as many greens as we can, might be a good thing. Reducing the pool or possible reds will be best for town.

              Originally posted by Charu
              What if he flips red? Do we want to suddenly target thesunfan then? I already said this, but I honestly don't see any reason whatsoever to lie about what the seer flips.
              If Netjet is red, it would be wise for him to say sunfan is green. If he would have said sunfan is red, and sunfan is not, its a deathwish for Netjet. HOWEVER - It could be an early red-red clear. There is (around) a 25% chance that a red landed the seer orb, so this chance COULD happen.

              Target sunfan? Perhaps. I highly highly doubt there are 2 reds between netjet and sunfan. There are other people that need to be seer'd more, like me.

              Originally posted by Charu
              how am I suppose to just suddenly follow your plan to seer Netjet? TPS was the first person to cast suspicion on Netjet and then you followed suit.
              Wrong.

              Look at post #130. I talk about Netjet there.
              TPS doesn't talk about netjet till #168

              Comment

              • Charu
                Snivy! Dohoho!
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2006
                • 6207

                #382
                Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                Well shoot, sorry about that, but still. My thoughts of you have not changed! Not sure why I thought TPS said it first.

                Very very sorry about that. I think it was because I saw the "I'm on to you" post and thought that was earlier as I was back reading.


                Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                Had a very shiny nose
                And if you ever saw it
                You could even say it glows

                All of the other Snivies
                Used to laugh and call him names
                They never let poor Charu
                Join in any Snivy games

                (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                Comment

                • Xiz
                  TWG Chaos
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 3399

                  #383
                  Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                  Well there is not much more I can say to convince you. Good on 'ya for being so persistent but sucks you got the wrong guy haha.

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #384
                    Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                    Current Vote Chart: Reminder, 7 votes = insta.


                    (5) Xiz: Thesunfan, YMIA, Charu, J-rodd, TPS
                    (2) J-rodd: Silvuh, Runescapedude
                    (1) YMIA: Dance
                    (1) Runescapedude: BDN

                    Yet to vote risking phantom replacement: Cedolad, Netjet!, Xiz (netjet and xiz are on this list because they unvoted without placing new votes.)
                    Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 10-21-2013, 12:02 PM.
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #385
                      Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                      safety on j-rodd for now.

                      Comment

                      • dAnceguy117
                        new hand moves = dab
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2002
                        • 10103

                        #386
                        Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                        .........................how is that a safety

                        Comment

                        • Xiz
                          TWG Chaos
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 3399

                          #387
                          Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                          Because I am right now not focused on who is red, but who is green.

                          Comment

                          • Tps222
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 6169

                            #388
                            Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                            You don't place a safety on the #2 vote-getter. If anything, it's a self-preservation vote; at least admit to what the vote is.

                            Stop giving stock generic "you'll be sorry" messages.

                            Comment

                            • Tps222
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 6169

                              #389
                              Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                              Originally posted by cedolad
                              oh hey this started. hi guys, obligatory i am human post/ima be at work tonight.

                              damn you guys needa calm down with the night talking, I was so confused when xiv voted for krauts

                              aim: cedoladtwg
                              skype: itsbriggles
                              PS: Cedo's one post of the game. Has anyone talked to him? I haven't.

                              Comment

                              • Xiz
                                TWG Chaos
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3399

                                #390
                                Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                                Originally posted by Tps222
                                You don't place a safety on the #2 vote-getter. If anything, it's a self-preservation vote; at least admit to what the vote is.

                                Stop giving stock generic "you'll be sorry" messages.
                                no.


                                You have given nothing really beneficial to this game.
                                You are either a vanilla green who hasn't put any effort into the game, or an UTR wolf.
                                You haven't given any follow-up to everyone PM'ing you, nor made your own claims.


                                So I will continue posting what I want, because I am at-least helping in SOME way this game.

                                Comment

                                Working...