TWG CII: 0rbs of power

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Xiz
    TWG Chaos
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Feb 2012
    • 3399

    #346
    Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

    Been thinkin' - Don't vigi or lynch Netjet at all. Bad idea.

    Here is what I think that needs to happen when orbs reset:
    PLEASE DO THIS WHEN I DIE AND FLIP GREEN <3


    If Seer Orb lands on Sunfan:Use on Xiz
    If Seer Orb lands on anyone else: Use on Netjet

    Vigi Orb: Use on the red (if confirmed seer flip) otherwise wait

    Wizard Orb: Up to you man. Just don't put it on who the seer targets or lol you are red.

    Comment

    • Xiz
      TWG Chaos
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2012
      • 3399

      #347
      Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

      ^Aching at that typo I did...

      That's situation is assuming I live. But I'm throwing what should be done out there now.

      if I DON'T live, and sunfan gets the orb, use on anyone BUT netjet

      Comment

      • Xiz
        TWG Chaos
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2012
        • 3399

        #348
        Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

        But let my point be clear.

        Unless someone can find a better plan, this NEEDS to be done to help either confirm 2 greens, or catch a wolf. (or two lol)

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #349
          Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

          Xiz is the weirdest.

          I want to wait though.

          TPS

          Comment

          • dAnceguy117
            new hand moves = dab
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2002
            • 10103

            #350
            Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

            thats a safety btw

            Comment

            • Silvuh
              quit
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Apr 2005
              • 938

              #351
              Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

              Wheee, I finally got back around like eight-ish and have been reading everything I'd missed and taking notes and rawr. Only took me about five and a half hours to write up and finalize this post.

              The last thing I want to happen is for the Tracker to be revealed. Please, whoever you are, play with care.

              About Xiz
              Useless speculation:
              At the veeerry beginning, Xiz claimed that the wolves were him, Charu, and Kraut (31). We know now that Kraut was human, and Xiz has lately given a Green rating to Charu (311). If Xiz really is a wolf, then claiming early and joking around is quite interesting. Who would take a wolf claim seriously? But Xiz has a number of votes on him now, so that play's dead. Also, Charu may or may not be a wolf. If Xiz knows who the wolves are, he could give one wolf and one human away and kill the human. We see that one of his "teammates" is human, so we think we should take his playfulness with a grain of salt. This play would point suspicion away from Charu. By having Charu as one of his two living greens in 311, though, that risks exposing their wolf connection. Charu later said Xiz "stands out like crazy" (316. And thank you for your thoughts with the list, by the way.) and votes for him (325). This was only the second vote on Xiz, though two others had already put Xiz in red. The initial play is convoluted and the results don't stack up, so this paragraph is pretty useless (sorry!).
              Only real conclusion from the above: It is not the case that both Xiz and Charu are wolves. I will applaud them if they are.

              Another post of Xiz's that has intrigued me is 302, the part about not wanting j-rodd dead yet. Would Xiz blatantly defend a fellow wolf like this? It's possible. But j-rodd hasn't had much pressure from others on him, so I don't think he would need to be defended by a fellow wolf.

              I like that Xiz is pushing for two greens to be confirmed. But how often will the seer have to look into the previous seer? I'm not sure if that will be very efficient, though at least then it will be easier to connect readings to find when something's gone wrong.

              About the Vigilante Consensus
              dAnce suggests that we should come to a consensus about who the Vigi should kill (295). This sounds like a good idea. If the target is not killed, then the Tracker should claim and point at the one remaining orb-holder as being anti-town. This is a bad idea. Xiz suggests this post is wolfy (302) because it is fluff that was decided on already. However, there has been more agreement that the Tracker should remain hidden (79).

              I definitely agree that we don't need to make a decision on who to Vigi before the end of the day. The Seer and Wizard orbs have already been used, so we should agree tonight to Vigi someone so our orbs can be replenished. But no matter what happens, the Tracker should NOT reveal themself. And, really, that is why I would see dAnce's suggestion as wolfy. As soon as the tracker is gone, we would no longer have any idea where the orbs are. A wolf could hold on to one for the rest of the game, and we wouldn't be able to identify them. The Tracker can still try to point the suspicion in the right direction without having to reveal. Though, be careful, because the wolves may have really good noses!

              As for the question of who to target, I'm not sure. I think, obviously, we can't target anyone whom we don't have much information on. Their flip wouldn't reveal anything in the context of the game. At this time, that rules out Cedolad (definitely), BDN, yo man, Tps22 ... I wouldn't lynch Charu because he gave reads with his list. thesunfan is clear from the read. Please don't kill me, haha. So that leaves Xiz, j-rodd, Netjet, runescapedude, and dAnceguy. But again, that's just for now. Everyone will speak up eventually. Though if there's not a wolf in that group, I'd ... I don't know what I'll do, but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker.

              More About dAnceguy
              Musing over why Xiz could be suspicious of you, I'm reviewing some of your posts. You say getting a red seer result is more important than a single green's life this early in the game (153). I don't see this as anti-town, though, because we do need to get more Seer readings. Besides, if we can come to a consensus tonight, the flip will be helpful either way. If we lose another human, there's a good chance a wolf was trying to steer us in the wrong direction. Though, everyone has their doubts, so ... Well, we'll see what happens. If we lose two humans tonight, it will still be seven to three. The odds will still be in our favor, though we certainly can't hold off until the end on being more critical.

              During the night, dAnce suggested that the Seer and Wizard wouldn't have to act right away if we agree to delay the Vigi (167). Delaying Seer readings is anti-town, but I do see this as a good point. Some people are doubting Netjet's result on thesunfan, so did it really help to use it right away? Not even thesunfan put Netjet in green on his list, and only Charu put thesunfan in green. This is disappointing.

              dAnce said that he didn't want to lynch Xiz day one (308). He had been doubting himself thanks to an experience from a previous game and has since placed a vote on Xiz (341). I understand that much, but I was a little suspicious. You said this before anyone wrote their lists and Xiz only had one vote. I thought it was a little early to be defending him, but now I see that was just me being blind: the following posts did confirm many people being suspicious of Xiz.

              About the Seer Results
              No one has made a counterclaim. At the end of tonight, the Tracker will know if both orbs were in fact used. The way I see it, if Netjet! is a wolf and wanted to clear his wolf brother thesunfan, then ... if this claim gets turned around, the wolves are down two of their members. A wolf would not make this risk (at least, I hope not!). Knowing this, Netjet could be red, use the orb on anyone and just point to another random player not on his team and know they are human. If Netjet is green, it would be anti-town to lie and not reveal a wolf. thesunfan is confirmed green. Netjet is not. If the next Seer looks into Netjet and he flips wolf, this does not mean thesunfan is also a wolf.

              Netjet & runescapedude Reads
              Netjet hasn't done anything that's appeared wolfy to me. I see runescapedude coming off more as naïve than wolfy.

              Hey There, j-rodd
              You were the first person to ping on my wolf radar. +10 human points if you can figure out why I find you suspicious. You haven't gotten any votes, so it's not much pressure if I leave my vote here for now. j-rodd

              Footnote
              I came up with some ideas that would actually benefit the wolves more if spoken, so I'm keeping those under wraps for now. Also, I need to put myself under wraps of the bed sheet kind. Good night to anyone who is still awake~

              Comment

              • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                nobody fiffers anymore.
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2006
                • 2440

                #352
                Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                BDN's Crappy Suspicion Post

                J-Rodd: Somewhat suspicious. His posts were mostly fluff, although the whole shitfight with Xiz might just be due to his playstyle. Still, it looked like he genuinely believed that it would be prudent to just use everything night one, including the vigi if possible. I’ve already explained in my last post why such an early, injudicious use of the vigi would be a very bad idea for anyone. Plus, items can be received by wolves too; there’s nothing in increasing the flow of items that inherently benefits humans. I was thinking maybe he was trying to idea-bait wolves into trying the vigi, but there’s also the possibility that he might've been trying to pre-clear such an action on wolf's part (I have a gut feeling that just doesn’t like how he flip-flops on his position N1) What’s worse, he almost ignores me making these points in my previous post, and tells me that my post is mostly fluff and not thinking about the game. Uhh, pot + kettle, bro. I am thinking about this game, Jrodd. Disagreeing with you is still thinking.

                Runescapedude: Until late today, every post he made was an excuse for not doing anything and he had only the thinnest pretense of being useful to the town. (lolhypocrisy) Inconsistent behavior, but some actual playing this phase moves him down.

                TPS: His tactics are just weird, such as asking for orb power claims privately. Not like anything looks particularly wolfy, it’s just that fishing for false claims is kind of hard to make into something without corroboration from the Tracker. He’s acting like a confirmed green, when he isn’t. Pretty close to null tell though, I’m just scared shitless now because I know how good he is as a wolf (thanks a lot danceguy ;_

                Xiz: Wolfy edge for all the fluff-posting early, but actually is active and doing something now. Seems to definitely think for himself. More of a null-tell now due to his playing this Day.

                Netjet: A fair bit of activity, and some productive comments. Lots of simple agreement with everything, though, could be UTR play, but nothing really suspicious yet. Obviously isn’t lying about having/using his orb, otherwise we’d hear about it from the tracker. Xiz makes a good point about how the reading doesn’t clear him or sunfan, but has pro-town edge to me.

                YMIA: Short posts, mostly relevant comments, nothing counterproductive but nothing active. Null tell.

                thesunfan: Pretty much the same as YMIA.

                Cedolad: Completely absent, so no real read.

                Charu: Seemed to really get early on why Jrodd’s wolf strategy was flawed, and subsequently doesn’t post much, but nothing seems unproductive or a “wasted” post.

                Silvuh: Seems to be doing what any new-ish human would do – of course, I’m toootally biased~<3
                Talked to on aim, just needs to be a lot more active on thread. Smart enough to not reveal possible wolf-catching strategies until they become relevant, so that’s a thing.

                Danceguy: From what little I’ve talked to him, he seems to genuinely want people to be informed as much as possible, while not revealing anything publicly (i.e for wolves) that doesn’t need to be public. We talked strategy for a while earlier and he seems to really understand how to best run this game for the humans.

                Krauthammer: R.I.P

                BDN: lol hi gaize

                tl;dr I would greatly prefer a Jrodd or RSD lynch over Xiz. What the fuck do I know though, hahah...I have totally lost my touch with this game. I was too lazy to read the thread in detail, I just skimmed through most of it...didn't really give it my full attention, arf. Maybe I shouldn't have signed up if I knew my heart wasn't in it...
                ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                Comment

                • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                  nobody fiffers anymore.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 2440

                  #353
                  Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                  Also @ Host: prod Cedolad and votecount soon, pretty please.
                  ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                  Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                  Comment

                  • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                    nobody fiffers anymore.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 2440

                    #354
                    Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                    Rawrf, well, I'm signing off for tonight. Tomorrow's my last day of work for the week, and we have the whole day tomorrow to make a decision, so I'll be looking closely for any counter arguments and further developments, although I might not be actually commenting on them until the afternoon.

                    Hopefully in the future I will cease to be completely upstaged by a first time player. That's my new motivation, haha. *blows raspberry at Silvuh*
                    ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

                    Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

                    Comment

                    • Charu
                      Snivy! Dohoho!
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 6207

                      #355
                      Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                      Whoa, what an entrance Silvuh. Welcome to the party!

                      Originally posted by Silvuh
                      Some people are doubting Netjet's result on thesunfan, so did it really help to use it right away? Not even thesunfan put Netjet in green on his list, and only Charu put thesunfan in green. This is disappointing.
                      This also had me wonder, I mean, it's kind of black and white with thesunfan at the moment I think. He's really either wolf or human. I can't think of any reason to lie about this since if he were to die, that person who lied would also be targeted certainly.

                      Unless the wolves are playing a really risky game... but I just can't see that happening. I mean you folks seem to think otherwise, I mean even if Netjet was a wolf, I just don't see the benefit from lying, you know?

                      Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this, 'tis why I put him on my green. If he's not human, then I'll literally give someone all my credits on this site, haha.


                      Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                      Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                      Had a very shiny nose
                      And if you ever saw it
                      You could even say it glows

                      All of the other Snivies
                      Used to laugh and call him names
                      They never let poor Charu
                      Join in any Snivy games

                      (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                      Originally posted by Vendetta21
                      All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                      Comment

                      • j-rodd123
                        End of the road
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3692

                        #356
                        Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                        Here's the thing that bothers me about your entire game so far BDN. You are doing exactly what I think I would've done if I was a wolf. Your orb strategy is really 0 level thinking and all it does is try to make it look like you're protecting humans and care way too much if one dies as opposed to the info it can give. Humans die, that's werewolf, they often die and that leads to a wolf lynch. Sitting there using the most obvious orb strategy and acting like you're protecting humans is actually wolfy to me. That's not all though, calling someone's posts mostly fluff shows you're kind of out of sync with the thread, especially since that person offered the orb strategy and just was making a case for a lynch against a new person as opposed to adding just a +1. Not only that, but people are also talking out of the thread, another are which you fail to contribute. On top of that you've been constantly bringing up this whole "hey guys I'm so rusty" "I can't find wolves" thing. It really seems like ur just a wolf who's gonna lynch a human and use these as ur excuses, ur setting yourself up for clearance if you make a mistake. Now I could just be tunnelling but I for sure think there's a >rand chance BDN is a wolf

                        Originally posted by FictionJunction
                        wow

                        Comment

                        • j-rodd123
                          End of the road
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 3692

                          #357
                          Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                          Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
                          Charu: Seemed to really get early on why Jrodd’s wolf strategy was flawed, and subsequently doesn’t post much, but nothing seems unproductive or a “wasted” post.

                          tl;dr I would greatly prefer a Jrodd or RSD lynch over Xiz. What the fuck do I know though, hahah...I have totally lost my touch with this game. I was too lazy to read the thread in detail, I just skimmed through most of it...didn't really give it my full attention, arf. Maybe I shouldn't have signed up if I knew my heart wasn't in it...
                          The strategy really is not flawed though, that's the thing. How do you not understand that vigi's are on the same level as seerings this game, you're not keeping an open mind and are being results oriented. Obviously killing a red >>>>> killing a green, there's no denying that. You are just failing to comprehend the fact that this is not a constant, every night vigi. It really is a simple way to appear human without providing any critical thinking. Also your defense of xiz is not a great look. I will put him back at 3 from insta

                          Xiz

                          Originally posted by FictionJunction
                          wow

                          Comment

                          • j-rodd123
                            End of the road
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 3692

                            #358
                            Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                            Also if I am wrong about xiz, I think I have kind of a decent idea what's going on and have a good regrouping plan to follow. People need to contribute to the lynch today, and not leave their vote as a safety without at least trying to push for the lynch, it's best for the village

                            Originally posted by FictionJunction
                            wow

                            Comment

                            • j-rodd123
                              End of the road
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3692

                              #359
                              Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                              Originally posted by Xiz
                              You're friendly cubone here to say that if I die,

                              Seer netjet.

                              That way we can check out sunfan AND netjet to see if netjet is telling the truth.


                              Perfect world, could get 2 wolves. Good world, get 1. Or even better, 2 confirmed.
                              Netjet is obviously the seer candidate, but this has to wait 2 nights unfortunately since the vigi orb wasn't used. Yes that would 100% confirm sunfan and Netjet, that's why simply from a probability standpoint it's the best play.

                              Originally posted by FictionJunction
                              wow

                              Comment

                              • j-rodd123
                                End of the road
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 3692

                                #360
                                Re: TWG CII: 0rbs of power

                                Silvuh's post seems well thought out. I will give him a human lean as of now, going to talk to him and hopefully others when I get home from work.

                                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...