TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I'm very sorry about your phone but you reminded me of the day I smashed the shit out of my Galaxy S8

    Twas Anime North 20something and a group of us decided to try playing the giant IRL game of TWG put on by the convention. Horrible mistake, it was just a giant mess of people shouting and pointing at each other and nothing to do with logic or deductive reasoning at all. anyway everybody from FFR was slowly eliminated from the game except me who was a vegan wolf who couldn't make kills. I was just stuck sitting there, can't even really play the game because everyone is just shouting and pointing and I'd been drinking and I wanted to go do anything else. so I was pissed off and moderately drunk when I went to excuse myself to the bathroom. I put my phone down on the toilet paper holder (wouldn't normally do that but pissed off and drunk) and it slid right off and smashed onto the hard tile floor and it was a bad enough smash that there were chunks of glass missing from the screen

    so yeah IRL TWG at Anime North gave me gamer rage and I kinda smashed my screen
    My first experience with TWG was a Death Note inspired game at Glass City Con 2014 in person that had like 30 people and it was suprisingly thoughtful

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I assume that it means "Not Game Related"

    basically the same as NAI "Not Alignment Indicative"
    gotcha!

    some thoughts:
    -> i like where lar is coming from and don't really have anything to say in opposition
    -> aside from the barrage of math questions, sunfan is giving me mixed feelings, but all of their reasoning has made sense so far
    -> leetic being a bit aggressive towards the beginning and then vague once questioned gives me bad vibes, but i'm not sure if that's indicative of a wolf or not
    -> don't have too much to say about roundbox or subaru, but they both seem pretty genuine so far and i'm not seeing any red flags. though roundbox wanting to vote an active player initially was a bit iffy
    -> raeko's posts yesterday made a good impression i think! i was going to say i wanted to hear more from them but this took so long to type that i have now heard more from them. pretty solid reads as well
    -> i definitely want to hear more from nakah and zenith before EOD. intrigued about what sunfan has allegedly figured out about zenith, but i'm not gonna place a vote until i've heard what he has to say. an assertion like that certainly lends itself to some suspicion

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I'm trying not to fire off too hard but man that Subaru read of Raeko's got me tinfoiling hard

    The complaint doesn't make sense and seems like it's either a wolf partner that is trying to hard to cover for the (anti)slip, or Raeko leaving options open for a mislynch

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Car's in the shop for a brake issue that will probably take days and a thousand dollars to fix and then i stepped out to hand the dude my keys and dropped my phone so now it's shattered beyond belief
    I'm very sorry about your phone but you reminded me of the day I smashed the shit out of my Galaxy S8

    Twas Anime North 20something and a group of us decided to try playing the giant IRL game of TWG put on by the convention. Horrible mistake, it was just a giant mess of people shouting and pointing at each other and nothing to do with logic or deductive reasoning at all. anyway everybody from FFR was slowly eliminated from the game except me who was a vegan wolf who couldn't make kills. I was just stuck sitting there, can't even really play the game because everyone is just shouting and pointing and I'd been drinking and I wanted to go do anything else. so I was pissed off and moderately drunk when I went to excuse myself to the bathroom. I put my phone down on the toilet paper holder (wouldn't normally do that but pissed off and drunk) and it slid right off and smashed onto the hard tile floor and it was a bad enough smash that there were chunks of glass missing from the screen

    so yeah IRL TWG at Anime North gave me gamer rage and I kinda smashed my screen

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I don't remember getting heat for making a wolfchat joke like that
    I am like 90% sure it was you in like, a game with AA in it

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    Roundbox isn't giving me wolfbox vibes so I will put him as town lean for now
    I would prefer if he posted more actually. He showed uo at the beginning but hasn't shown all day today. We get double the phase this round so there's kind of no excuse to dip without anything of substance posted.
    Originally posted by mellon_collie

    Subaru I get town vibes for the most part from the tone of the posts but the fact he completely forgot about me does make me pause a bit. Because it wasn't just in one post it's like he forgot he had to consider me as an option in the game at all
    This....is a weird criticism.

    Like generally people forgetting to include other people are indicative that they are not thinking of their wolf partner. Making this criticism as part of the equation to wolflean seems like a stretch. Like without the "covering for a partner" angle why would this indicate an exception to his mostly town vibes?

    Originally posted by mellon_collie

    sunfan I am struggling to remember how he plays as a wolf. I wonder about his logic behind his Zenith vote because Zenith only has one post but sunfan says he "figured out he's a wolf"
    Honestly that's the most SunTown thing Ive seen all game.

    Originally posted by mellon_collie

    leetic came in hot and idk how to feel about it
    In a "Would consider a vote" way or a "Wouldn't vote D0" way?

    Originally posted by mellon_collie

    Also this math talk goes so over my head
    I just allowed it to graze my eyes and stopped thinking about it

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
    I'm ngl I thought I had the acronyms down this time I think I was wrong bout both of these

    I was runnin with "Not Good Reads" and "Not An Issue"; NAI I think is at least almost equivalent but I may have to reread The Posts:tm: I mentioned in the last half of my wall with this in mind
    I like Not An Issue hahaha

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
    I'll admit I was really just skimmin the first three pages just to see if there was an EoD extension, was really antsy cuz it felt like I was breakin rules. I apologize if most of what you were contributing were on those first two pages I definitely missed it.
    I get what you're saying, a lot of my posts were early on in the phase but I was still going back and forth with leetic, sunfan and roundbox so for you to forget about me makes me wonder if you were just skimming because you didn't have to pay that much attention ya know?

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Well, here now! Tell me your quick n' dirty reads
    I feel like you look decently town so far

    Roundbox isn't giving me wolfbox vibes so I will put him as town lean for now

    Subaru I get town vibes for the most part from the tone of the posts but the fact he completely forgot about me does make me pause a bit. Because it wasn't just in one post it's like he forgot he had to consider me as an option in the game at all

    sunfan I am struggling to remember how he plays as a wolf. I wonder about his logic behind his Zenith vote because Zenith only has one post but sunfan says he "figured out he's a wolf"
    Zenith already has votes on him, and even though they are stated to be pressure votes, it shows that people are willing to vote for Zenith. So for sunfan to say he knows he is a wolf seems like a bit of an odd thing to do and maybe a touch opportunistic

    leetic came in hot and idk how to feel about it

    Arp has mostly talked math and I'd like to see more game talk

    Zenith and Nakah need to post more, I have both of them at null. I really don't understand how people have reads on them one way or another

    Also this math talk goes so over my head

    Leave a comment:


  • SubaruPoptart
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I assume that it means "Not Game Related"

    basically the same as NAI "Not Alignment Indicative"
    I'm ngl I thought I had the acronyms down this time I think I was wrong bout both of these

    I was runnin with "Not Good Reads" and "Not An Issue"; NAI I think is at least almost equivalent but I may have to reread The Posts:tm: I mentioned in the last half of my wall with this in mind

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I don't remember getting heat for making a wolfchat joke like that

    I definitely remember getting heat for a very similar thing in a non-forum setting before when I was a wolf (it was resistance instead of werewolf, but same deal)

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by Arp!
    this might be a shallow read, but the message they relayed doesn't sound like it's from a wolf partner to me. just someone who knows a lot about math!
    though that could be anyone here,,,
    It uh...definitely eliminates some possible partners if we determine it to be true

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by Arp!
    heh, using a biconditional before i even brought up discrete math! you must know something i don't,,,

    quick question: what does NGR mean? i thiiink i know what all the other acronyms mean but i'm struggling to find this one
    I assume that it means "Not Game Related"

    basically the same as NAI "Not Alignment Indicative"

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Subaru: Ok, gotcha
    Keep cooking


    Got guest over but I'll keep an eye on the game I promise

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    [i]would SunWolf make this joke? I mean yeah probably. I mean he'd say he would if asked
    But has he actually ever? I know he's made it as town and gotten heat for it like.....a decade ago
    this might be a shallow read, but the message they relayed doesn't sound like it's from a wolf partner to me. just someone who knows a lot about math!
    though that could be anyone here,,, i'm thinking of someone who demonstrated their knowledge of combinatorics and probability yesterday

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'll get a haircut IF and ONLY IF you're a werewolf
    those mfers gotta know how to style hair

    so are you a werewolf, nakah?
    heh, using a biconditional before i even brought up discrete math! you must know something i don't,,,

    quick question: what does NGR mean? i thiiink i know what all the other acronyms mean but i'm struggling to find this one

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Car's in the shop for a brake issue that will probably take days and a thousand dollars to fix and then i stepped out to hand the dude my keys and dropped my phone so now it's shattered beyond belief

    The positive news, as it pertains to the game, is that I don't have anything else to do or go to today and I have my laptop right here so this shouldn't kneecap my ability to effort post. When the game has progressed to where I'll be at work will be a different story however. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

    Day straight being horrible

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    this is a genuine, non-shitpost vote the likes of which I will explain later, but not now

    zenith I genuinely, truly think I figured out overnight that you're a wolf

    (I have not forgotten about Poptart, I promise)
    Spicy, but I will have to hold you to explaining that vote before EOD
    I know your game and that you have to have a little room to breath but I ain't gonna let the whole phase go like that

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I was in the thread all day waiting for you slackers to show up, when you actually did show up it became night time IRL and I had to go to bed

    Don't try to spin you guys not showing up due to your own TIMING ERROR as a point against me somehow
    Well, here now! Tell me your quick n' dirty reads
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    alright, my math partner in wolfchat wanted me to tell you something
    [i]would SunWolf make this joke? I mean yeah probably. I mean he'd say he would if asked
    But has he actually ever? I know he's made it as town and gotten heat for it like.....a decade ago

    Leave a comment:

Working...