TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Could keep the vote on Raeko. Didn't think she really kept the momentum up and that attack on Subaru still gets under my skin
    I made one small note about someone who I overall town read, in what universe is that an attack??

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    there aren't dead ends rn, Zenith
    at least not aside from Nakah, that's definitely a dead end

    everyone else should be readable, even if you just have them at null

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    damn those names are a blast from the past
    Site's a little less funny without them for sure

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I'm leaning toward Leetic atm
    Ok but why? Show me your thought process

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    not as much as it maybe sounds like I am
    I am just townreading you less

    there is one definite speed-bump to me, though
    What am I not swearing enough again?

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    My pre-EOD feelings and reads at the moment are lining up to be:

    Town pool:
    Subaru
    MML
    Sunfan

    Null pool:
    Arp
    Nakah
    Roundbox
    Raeko
    Leetic

    Bottom 3 of nulls is my voting pool for this phase at the current moment, but also currently don't have any strong convictions worth pursuing at the moment because a lot of the game's terrain leads to dead ends right now.

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    there's MEAT here now, Zenith

    we can FEAST

    and I know I'm rummaging through the garbage, instead
    I can't help it
    I couldn't unthink it

    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    for the purposes of putting 2 posts into one, I stole one of Freezin's bits earlier when I asked Arp to sell out their teammate. I *think* that Freezin has like an absurdly high rate of using that bit on a wolf (though I know he does like to do it when there's mech info of some kind or w/e, still, can't ding someone for making a basket)

    anyways

    that made me really hope that Arp! is a wolf

    I'll maybe go read Arp! most recent towngame if I can find it

    I'm kind of expecting it to not measure up to this game in towniness at this point

    Leave a comment:


  • roundbox
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I'm readin, I'm readin GIMME SOME TIME

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    OK lets see
    Not lynching SunFan
    I don't think it's a great idea to vote Subaru here
    Don't like Leetic but I can get behind Sun's defense enough to not entertain the vote today
    I think there's an argument that Arp could be doing more but I have mislynched sooooooo many townies who could have been doing more and I think I can find a better option then that Day 0

    I am so, so agnostic on Zenith right now. I think I want to defend them more simply because I hate Sun's argument for it

    Could keep the vote on Raeko. Didn't think she really kept the momentum up and that attack on Subaru still gets under my skin

    Wouldn't be sad to see Round go if he doesn't return but that absolutely seems like a shame if we do it

    Nakah is missing and would be a fine choice since it's inactive and all that

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I guess do some other stuff to show me that I'm a tinfoiling idiot who made a laughably wrong assumption and I think I can get there
    Nah bro I want you to flip me because it'll be the only thing that stops you from doing this in future games

    It's one thing if you actually have substance to use in your case, but your case is wholly surrounded by the lack of substance as a point of suspicion. I can't really blame you for trying to spawn something out of thin air because of the circumstances this game has going for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    He's tinfoiling on me now
    not as much as it maybe sounds like I am
    I am just townreading you less

    there is one definite speed-bump to me, though

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    I first heard that album when visiting Nestlekwik and Neko in Ohio and have some really fun memories attached to it

    I miss them. Neko ended up cutting me out of her life over politics

    Looking back, she was 100% in the right on what she was saying though
    damn those names are a blast from the past

    I miss internet meetups ;_;

    I'm playing board games atm but still should be able to be around, am a wee bit distracted though but I'll be done well before EOD

    I'm leaning toward Leetic atm

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Committing on that makes it difficult to navigate at least for me, because t!Sunfan doesn't gain much outside of my flip which is at best a jumping point for him to move forward w/ game solving, but it certainly doesn't make him strong town or anything close to cleared. w!Sunfan gains nothing from doing this other than unnecessary attention, a step closer to parity that still just makes him look bad is the most I can think of about salvaging anything worth value to your team given the hypothetical. The logic of a case simply doesn't exist here, and it's the commitment that's the problem w/ solving.

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    Maybe if I summarize just how absurd Sunfan's accusation is against me it'll make it easier to understand it has just as much weight to it as if we went for Nakah here:

    >I say hey what up hello, be back later
    >later is a little longer than I had hoped
    >Sunfan becomes convinced that the reason it took me later is that my wolf partner alerted me that later was in fact too late
    >Sunfan has not made it known that he has thought of any other world scenario outside of this one (in fact, believe he said this is the only world he sees)
    close!

    first two, sure

    but the third, I become convinced that the reason you didn't post after coming back (or, indeed, before then) was because you had already been alerted to the fact that there was an extension

    for the fourth, I have, I do think I had a post where I was "being coy" and mentioned that there were other worlds, but that I thought this was the most likely one by a lot. I can see why it wouldn't have really stuck, and I don't ding you for that at all, or really this post at all

    I definitely grant you it is a hard accusation to respond to, I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes

    I guess do some other stuff to show me that I'm a tinfoiling idiot who made a laughably wrong assumption and I think I can get there

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    >Sunfan has not made it known that he has thought of any other world scenario outside of this one (in fact, believe he said this is the only world he sees)
    He's tinfoiling on me now if that makes you feel better

    But hey, later is now; any more thoughts?

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Maybe if I summarize just how absurd Sunfan's accusation is against me it'll make it easier to understand it has just as much weight to it as if we went for Nakah here:

    >I say hey what up hello, be back later
    >later is a little longer than I had hoped
    >Sunfan becomes convinced that the reason it took me later is that my wolf partner alerted me that later was in fact too late
    >Sunfan has not made it known that he has thought of any other world scenario outside of this one (in fact, believe he said this is the only world he sees)

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Roundbox is that you at the bottom of the page?

    Leave a comment:

Working...