TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    ah, ok, I remember reading this now, I just got distracted by the other stuff instead, apologies

    I... don't get it? I don't think this is a read I would've ever expect you to have? Like what does "too active" mean to the man who is demanding of activity in the greatest amount other than me, sometimes even ahead of me.

    It makes no sense to me
    It's kind of the same hesitation I have when someone randomly starts to agree lynching inactives is actually totally cool, man: That it's done with ulterior motives

    Does that make total sense with activity? No. But my thought was "Oh, town Raeko normally finds d0 boring. Here's a legit boring ass 12 hours/2 page game and she's all over it. What's got her interest?"

    I've cooled off on this take because A Gut B She's probably just desperate to play something after a year and C she did end up seemingly getting bored of the rest of the phase.

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I am giving leetic credit for starting the thread contributions, I admit that they have lessened since, but I don't really care a ton

    I more think they were more substantial at the time I started making that post than anything else

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I first heard that album when visiting Nestlekwik and Neko in Ohio and have some really fun memories attached to it

    I miss them. Neko ended up cutting me out of her life over politics

    Looking back, she was 100% in the right on what she was saying though

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Ok I remember this



    Like maybe 75% and it's kind of gone down since she's a little less active, so I guess not "pretty serious"

    I'm leaving a Raeko vote on the table but it wouldn't be for that
    ah, ok, I remember reading this now, I just got distracted by the other stuff instead, apologies

    I... don't get it? I don't think this is a read I would've ever expect you to have? Like what does "too active" mean to the man who is demanding of activity in the greatest amount other than me, sometimes even ahead of me.

    It makes no sense to me

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    hi i'm back from dinner!

    Originally posted by leetic
    Arp's ISO also feels pretty empty
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    arp- essentially stands accused of the high crime of not being townie. In previous games, arp has rolled town in all of them, and been essentially universally townread in all of them. arps insightful questions/conclusions (more questions) have made them stand out as someone wolves have identified as a priority nightkill. This is completely, completely lacking from the current game and I have been surprised that no one else has commented on it. #176 feels kind of awkwardly logic'd (this is a verb, don't check me on it), even, because my reasoning hasn't universally made sense to anyone, and it is somewhat contradicted later in the same post when arp says that my reasoning is suspicious on zenith.
    i agree that i could've been a bit more thorough with my reasoning. a lot of what i said was based on vibes and the info i was able to keep in my brain after reading through everything a few times (and, this isn't as strong of an argument i'm aware, but i'm getting back into the swing of things! this is my first game in almost two years)
    but! i remembered agreeing with a great deal of your posts, particularly in the conversation with leetic towards the start and the fact that you agreed with lar's initial read list
    aaand i couldn't really comment on your reasoning about zenith because you hadn't revealed anything yet! i just felt weird about the assertion that you figured out zenith and the refusal to elaborate
    (looking at it now i can say that your reasoning does indeed make sense, but i'm not entirely sold on it)

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    why is a vote for raeko a bit much at this juncture? voting is how we best grease the wheels of the game is my premise for asking this question
    i suppose it's not entirely unreasonable! if lar's intent by voting was to spur discussion and keep the game moving then i don't see a problem with that necessarily, but i was worried it would be a genuine long-lasting vote based on evidence i felt was insufficient for reaching a conclusion. as impermanent as votes are in this game i probably shouldn't have made a big deal about it, though

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]




    Sigh I suppose this is kind of hard to defend. His one big stance is that he would vote Raeko or Leetic but his reasoning for Raeko is pretty weak.

    Also that last response

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    Like, I can't even vote you because I respect the effort put into this hat, and even if I did, I wouldn't agree with it because it's one of the only few threads the game has moving forward w/ it.
    Isn't the town Zenith I remember. He was much more aggro then that.

    I just don't know if I'm convinced that my gut is wrong yet, like my gut tells me this isn't it

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    Sunfan I am almost impressed with the sheer amount of tinfoil you have wrapped about you my friend

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan

    Lar... should also not be giving me as many phases as he is to "let me cook" on the zenith read. He should be asking for it before EOD, maybe this is wolf him trying to keep things away from me? idk how to put it and it is selfish.

    This is more complex than I thought it was. Perhaps I should not have liked Lar's posts as much as I did. I will continue to evaluate him. I think he would be a horrible first kill at the given moment, regardless.
    I initially did ask for it before EOD tho? And then you said the thing I heard and I gave you space for it like damn

    I also did go back and answer the Raeko question with a quote from the actual post that, once I remembered it, I worded it like 75% seriously. You responded to other parts of that post; did you just not see it? I thought I made it clear that it wouldn't be my reason for a Raeko vote

    I don't know if I follow you on the Arp thing. I do remember him prodding a lot but he was super new and most of his prodding where good faith questions on how to strategize the game. If he came asking about why a wolf would do something basic now, I don't think we'd feel the same way. "Not towny enough" is fine when everyone is tied for scumread but are you really at that point?

    I guess I will ISO Zenith in a minute and see if I can see what you do but I am very likely not moving my vote there. If I vote for an active player right now it might just be Raeko or Round.

    or Leetic, who btw I think you are grossly over5stating their contributions to the thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by _Zenith_
    Sunfan I am almost impressed with the sheer amount of tinfoil you have wrapped about you my friend
    Like, I can't even vote you because I respect the effort put into this hat, and even if I did, I wouldn't agree with it because it's one of the only few threads the game has moving forward w/ it.

    Leave a comment:


  • SubaruPoptart
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Will have to go through sf's reads as i done just got ninja'd, in due time

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Sunfan I am almost impressed with the sheer amount of tinfoil you have wrapped about you my friend

    Leave a comment:


  • SubaruPoptart
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    On break: wanna see some stuff on arp cuz i have no real gauge on their state rn. Wanna see some analysis. Fully unsure if I'll get office time and it's goddamn snowing so I'll have to book it home real quick later on.

    For the time being my end vote is either leetic, sunfan, or arp depending on what happens later.

    I'm guttin with all the discussion today that it's one of them but my stance on leet and sunfan's really in the air.

    I'm goin roundbox as a summon ritual cuz i know he's gotta have some good stuff when he pops in too; whenever that's possible for him.

    The only people I'm feeling decently good about atm are raeko and lar; lar's been puttin in work and i understand raeko's approach a lil bit more.

    Sf and 1337 I'm cautious of but trying to get on-board with, not full wolflean but i got my eye out

    Zenith i still need to form stuff on. Pointing out sf's potential bullshittery (cuz i getchu with what you were saying but i'm still figuring out how to pick up on that) was of note but i lost track of where that train went.

    Nakah needs to exist and i believe that's everyone? Gotta punch back in

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Yeah if Nakah would be replaced and everybody else is around this is a totally different situation than when we thought EOD was happening before and we had like 5 inactive people, I think we should definitely go for someone else

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Not so much a list of reads as it is a list of who I would kill today/who I wouldn't, at least that's my prediction for this starting out

    Would not kill

    leetic- This is 100000000% within his wolf range, but he truly was a provider of the sparks that got the game going right when I was wondering whether it'd be even playable. Yes, raeko and roundbox were there doing shit, and they get credit for it, too. It just wouldn't be fruitful rn to kill either leetic or raeko, and probably not roundbox either (I have a selfish reason to dislike roundbox). Leetic's read on nakah made me initially sus him heavily, pending any kind of satisfactory explanation of the read, and I misunderstood (I think?) his response, and during the period that this misunderstanding existed (I think), I thought it was a read he could've made as either alignment, and I shifted it towards being something he is more likely to do as town than as a wolf off of vibes. It is... noteworthy that leetic in the current thread has read someone's ISO and said "meh" but felt that he was able to read nakah off of what is the TWG version of a barber shop commercial. I will evaluate later. I forget why we killed leetic when we did in that game that I subbed into, maybe I wasn't part of the we that did that. Something worth checking later, someone remind me to do that if leetic and I are alive tomorrow.

    Just would not be fruitful for today especially with how things stand now.

    hopecaster- On a reread, before anything else, I've realized that the way I am wolfreading zenith is kind of at odds with the way hopecaster entered the thread? Like the way hopecaster was genuinely worried (post #115) about the fact that EOD might be approaching quickly (I think Arp! does this too? haven't encountered that yet) *feels* townie in a way that is so, so hard to attempt to qualify. I'll try to talk about his substance (you know, some actual meat that actually fucking matters) rather than his quantity through the reread.

    I see now he also questioned Lar on how I feel "coy" being different from the norm, which I think I might be forced to put in the "actually feels too confident a read" thing that I initially felt from hopecaster.

    god I kinda forgot how much I hate post #140
    someone else tell me what they think of that post, because I think it was NOT GOOD.
    roundbox, you do it, I know you read these things u big nerd.

    I like hopecaster's question to lar in post #161, feels genuinely curious and not performative.

    his process on leetic/my interaction is like
    really heavily focused, and while it is... weird? maybe I like the fact that he seemed preoccupied with something for so long? idk
    I literally just said in real time that idk that I like his focus on the combinatorix, but maybe it is alright given he is awed/had never seen it before, and wanted to do more with it. idk if this makes any sense at all to anyone else.

    Lar- I... like his reads list less (not substantially less) on a 2nd pass. I don't think anything was super pressing before that happened. Currently waiting on a response from him about how serious he was about raeko's activity being potentially too high, but that doesn't really strike me as a town!lar thought, he'd just be grateful to have been wrong and probably not explore the thought too much more than that. I don't think I've ever seen Lar accuse someone of being too active in all the years we've played together, that really doesn't sit too well with me. His read on me is like
    wrong? I tend to be "coy" or like

    idk I wish freezin were here, he gets it. I, usually multiple times in a day phase, say things that I do try to make like fairly confusing or hard to understand, but they will all eventually make sense or be explained (or at least have the potential to be). I do this since literally before my twg brain was developed beyond peanut-sized. I am stopping myself from townreading Lar for reading me in a way that I don't think makes sense.

    I really like the read on leetic, that's where I can see the throughline. He didn't like leetic's "clearing" (lar's words, not mine or leetic's) of Zenith, and brings it up enough to where it just feels like a natural line of thought. THIS is what I remember townlar feeling like.

    As of the time of writing, lar just answered me about his raeko read as "pretty serious"
    I do not like that.

    I do like post #151 where he wants more from raeko, though. I wanted the same thing at that time.

    I also like post #181 because villagers tend to be happier (yes this is a real read) also I think he might be softing that he is the vigi

    Lar... should also not be giving me as many phases as he is to "let me cook" on the zenith read. He should be asking for it before EOD, maybe this is wolf him trying to keep things away from me? idk how to put it and it is selfish.

    This is more complex than I thought it was. Perhaps I should not have liked Lar's posts as much as I did. I will continue to evaluate him. I think he would be a horrible first kill at the given moment, regardless.

    raeko- there is less here, but there is GOOD VIBES ABOUND is probably the tl;dr
    Firstly, let me say I am happy that no one has yet tried to give any read on how she has attempted to summon people with her votes. GOOD JOB EVERYONE

    I like a lot of her questions/statements and haven't disliked any. The way she questioned roundbox right after he said something I despised was the first moment, and stuff in like #171 to hopecaster is like
    basically what my read on hopecaster was at the time, which is awesome.

    Would kill

    Nakah- Has not earned the right to live. (I have since reevaluated this position to prioritizing killing other people. If his slot is just going to get modkilled, that's pretty awesome in and of itself)

    roundbox- post #60 genuinely like... I struggle to find the right words, but I think it is "pisses me off." This is OMGUS, this discards too much of what he has done, but it just makes no sense, like voting me for being right about the state of inactivity in the thread feels genuinely too wacky for town roundbox? I don't know whether I am discussing hopecaster or roundbox first in this reads list, but I think the same Chinese parable illustrates the struggle that I am having with reading either of them.

    Lu Su placed his hand on Lü Meng's shoulder and said: "I heard you were previously a mere warrior. But now, you have taken up scholarly pursuits and you are no longer that Meng under Wu." Lü Meng replied:

    "When scholars part ways for three days, they will see each other in a different light when they meet again later."


    my point is that it has been a long-ass time since we've played, at least on FFR, perhaps some of you have played together on other sites, I have not. Hopecaster **IS** different than I am used to him being, not in the way Lar worded it, but he is less flail-y, like more focused and stuff, and he has talked about his process there (I'll try to focus more on roundbox)

    I don't think what roundbox said about me doing that as a wolf makes any fucking sense from town roundbox. It feels like someone's guess as to what a wolf might pivot into doing for a passing amount of time, without knowing how awkward/jarring it is. Like raeko (who should know roundbox better than I) immediately responds with "uhhh, yeah, I think I'm gonna go with unplayably inactive on this one" in the very next post. The way you unvoted was maybe marginally towny, I guess? rereading further I forgot I (generously, I should say) chalked it up to just getting things going in the thread, but I feel less generous now on a reread. idgi roundman.

    arp- essentially stands accused of the high crime of not being townie. In previous games, arp has rolled town in all of them, and been essentially universally townread in all of them. arps insightful questions/conclusions (more questions) have made them stand out as someone wolves have identified as a priority nightkill. This is completely, completely lacking from the current game and I have been surprised that no one else has commented on it. #176 feels kind of awkwardly logic'd (this is a verb, don't check me on it), even, because my reasoning hasn't universally made sense to anyone, and it is somewhat contradicted later in the same post when arp says that my reasoning is suspicious on zenith.

    zenith- he was under the 5 posts (as was nakah, nakah in no way looks good for it), and he didn't make the posts he needed to make. He appears to have not attempted to, and I *think* this is because he got pinged in wolfchat about his activity level not needing to be more, and he was able to sleep instead and promise to put forth the effort he promised in his first post on the later days instead. (this was my hypothesis, but it was not confirmed until later, but I couldn't think of any other plausible reason)
    I think that this only happens with access to wolfchat, and a partner who can convey this. Zenith even mentions checking the thread a bit, but made no posts. People like Arp and hopecaster, who were in similar boats, all posted.

    This read SUCKS to make, but I genuinely think that zenith only plays the way he did if he has access to wolfchat, and learns of the phase delay via wolfchat, rather than the thread.

    anyways
    just learned that nakah only RISKS being modkilled, as pointed out by lar
    FUCK
    hate that
    it probably does mean that he would be replaced first, if possible

    anyways this is what I've got, I don't feel FANTASTIC about it in short, I do feel like there's
    pretty likely?
    to be a wolf between zenith and arp, like there's just too much weirdness there, too much that I feel good about

    NORMALLY I have a big town circle and only a few people I want to kill in a day, like 3 (technically 4 if I am being mean to roundbox) is a very high number for me, but I feel good enough about it

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    He did not. He said it would risk being modkilled. Look at that first post again
    And he has Star as a replacement
    We've fallen for this same shit before my man come on
    FUCK

    Leave a comment:

Working...