TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I don't know if I will get a read on roundbox that I will ever feel good about (kinda sorta same about lar? but maybe I will surprise myself. I definitely note that one of the games lar highlighted about us on the same page was when he was a wolf)

    I'll try to get a reads list out fairly soon, I think it might stink

    my reasoning on zenith still stands, it is... icky
    I felt bad making the read, it is probably necessary to make such a read with such surety when there is essentially 0 posts that have been made

    how come zenith didn't come back? it is almost like he [REDACTED]
    he must've [REDACTED], surely? especially with a promise to play more tomorrow?
    it makes just so much more sense for a wolf to [REDACTED], presumably from chat, quite possibly even from a partner pinging him

    it is weird and I feel bad but like

    it just seems like the most likely scenario
    I might be dumb and misunderstanding what would be redacted I think I kinda get what you mean anyway

    sure would be nice if Zenith just showed up and made some posts

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I think subaru might be winning me over by effort alone
    yeah the effort seems real to me, I like the analysis of leetic

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I don't know if I will get a read on roundbox that I will ever feel good about (kinda sorta same about lar? but maybe I will surprise myself. I definitely note that one of the games lar highlighted about us on the same page was when he was a wolf)

    I'll try to get a reads list out fairly soon, I think it might stink

    my reasoning on zenith still stands, it is... icky
    I felt bad making the read, it is probably necessary to make such a read with such surety when there is essentially 0 posts that have been made

    how come zenith didn't come back? it is almost like he [REDACTED]
    he must've [REDACTED], surely? especially with a promise to play more tomorrow?
    it makes just so much more sense for a wolf to [REDACTED], presumably from chat, quite possibly even from a partner pinging him

    it is weird and I feel bad but like

    it just seems like the most likely scenario

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Go read her post again and tell me what you see
    i dunno, i think subaru seemingly ignoring her is noteworthy enough to at least point out, and aside from casting a bit of suspicion she still read subaru as town. your criticism is fair (and after subaru's post i feel inclined to agree that it wasn't very compelling evidence against them) but a vote for raeko feels like a bit much to me

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I think subaru might be winning me over by effort alone

    Leave a comment:


  • SubaruPoptart
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Was post 81 goddammit I never typed it

    Leave a comment:


  • SubaruPoptart
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I get what you're saying, a lot of my posts were early on in the phase but I was still going back and forth with leetic, sunfan and roundbox so for you to forget about me makes me wonder if you were just skimming because you didn't have to pay that much attention ya know?

    Roundbox isn't giving me wolfbox vibes so I will put him as town lean for now

    Subaru I get town vibes for the most part from the tone of the posts but the fact he completely forgot about me does make me pause a bit. Because it wasn't just in one post it's like he forgot he had to consider me as an option in the game at all

    sunfan I am struggling to remember how he plays as a wolf. I wonder about his logic behind his Zenith vote because Zenith only has one post but sunfan says he "figured out he's a wolf"
    Zenith already has votes on him, and even though they are stated to be pressure votes, it shows that people are willing to vote for Zenith. So for sunfan to say he knows he is a wolf seems like a bit of an odd thing to do and maybe a touch opportunistic
    By the time I'd caught up to make what I made last night I was diggin through sunfan and leetic's part of the convo, was only this morning I've been more thoroughly going through the first couple pages. Your summoning vote on leetic was something I entirely missed, didn't realize they weren't even here til around 2 hours before I came in neither. Broken charger's rough though I feel that.

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    Originally posted by leetic
    Would not vote for today:

    Nakah
    sunfan
    Zenith (I'll give them the chance to show up next day)
    Anyone else want to join the list?
    why are me and roundbox not on the list idk I kinda want to play the game with people who make posts above anything else

    it is extremely boring and not fun to just vote for someone who hasn't even shown up but I would just feel bad voting for someone who is around and killing the game even further...
    Can also see whatchu mean by this now; I like the initiative of tryna get people get thoughts out on y'all here cuz most of the reason I didn't pay much mind was cuz nobody really did outside of "raeko was active now she's not", which is consistent in your criticisms of me.

    Leetic expressing their disdain for voting inactives
    Originally posted by leetic
    Probably leave Nakah alive for today
    Originally posted by leetic
    It would certainly be lamed if a slanker (Subaru assuming to mean inactive in this case correct if he's wrong) was forced to be the vote
    and then subsequently threw out the list I put in earlier is kinda interesting.

    It's why I can kinda get the response they gave to your "vote" on Zenith but I feel the Summoning Vote as unserious or serious as it may have been was sufficient context to not read too much into it, even with you saying pretty much exactly this. Through all that voting roundbox is definitely interesting but from their point of view makes sense I guess.


    Originally posted by leetic
    They're not a do a whole lot player, but based on my experiences with them their opening post reads as their town meta, and also something that can be followed up upon so no point in voting them right now
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    explain how this is nakah's town meta
    Originally posted by leetic
    I've done more to read the slot than anyone else, y'all are the ones that have to catch up to me
    This is really the only bit of insight I got from em. I personally hate using meta but have been opening up to taking it into account more. But even then a clear off an offer for a haircut (which by the way I'm very down for if I could get a tiny trim) no matter how well you know em is insufficient for me. This whole exchange is when I really started divin down the leetic/sunfan hole.

    Sunfan being the only person on that list who's really interacted with him is of note to me, but with my newfound knowledge NAI yet.

    Knowing now that they made the combinatorics PoE literally just before EoD got extended is definitely important context but iterating on it with each bit of sunfan's questioning was confusing to me cuz there's no longer really a timecrunch, there's definitely gonna be some info to come. In my eyes I'm waitin for the info instead of tryna push what looks to be a pretty arbitrary game of probability for no reason. "I've done sufficient reading into the slot" to you yeah but I got no clue what's going on in your brain unfortunately I can barely organize mine

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    all I said was that it gave me pause, as in I had the thought "maybe he wasn't reading the thread very carefully because he already knows the answer"

    I never said I gave him a wolf lean, what I actually wrote says "town vibes"
    I think I'll keep my vote here for now all the same

    Originally posted by Arp!
    okay uhhh i don't know how to feel about that raeko vote
    Go read her post again and tell me what you see

    Leave a comment:


  • SubaruPoptart
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    y'all wtf happened I'm almost done with my reply to raeko but goddamn

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    okay uhhh i don't know how to feel about that raeko vote

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    That's NAI at worst, probably earns him a town lean the more I think on it. He has famously argued against lynching inactives and believes that most of the time, the majority of the wolves are always trying to post a lot D0 and only slack off later if at all.

    ...

    him not posting anything other then that horrible bad strategy though
    oh oki that makes sense! i'm willing to let him off the hook for that, and i also think being busy with life stuff is a solid justification for his inactivity up until this point. but yeah i do want to see him post more once he's free

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    Arp has mostly talked math and I'd like to see more game talk
    tell sunfan to stop giving me math side quests! i feel obligated to have a go at them and they're taking my energy away from the game -w-

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    That is far from a nitpick
    all I said was that it gave me pause, as in I had the thought "maybe he wasn't reading the thread very carefully because he already knows the answer"

    I never said I gave him a wolf lean, what I actually wrote says "town vibes"

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by Everyone's True Thoughts
    Lar's having a real shit day. I wish there was something that could brighten his day up
    Friends I have incredible news

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I don't want to use too much info that you guys don't have but it's hard when we live in the same house haha
    I mean in this context it's probably less in the spirit of the game to keep it to yourself since you can't help but to know it.

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    You asked me for that reads list and then vote for me right away, almost like you just wanted something to nitpick at me for, and have a big long list to choose a random reason to place a vote on me

    hmmmmmm
    That is far from a nitpick

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by Arp!
    though roundbox wanting to vote an active player initially was a bit iffy
    That's NAI at worst, probably earns him a town lean the more I think on it. He has famously argued against lynching inactives and believes that most of the time, the majority of the wolves are always trying to post a lot D0 and only slack off later if at all.

    We've argued about it outside of the game several times, so while I hard disagree with it, it would be dishonest to assume it means anything about his allience

    him not posting anything other then that horrible bad strategy though

    Leave a comment:


  • mellon_collie
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    I would prefer if he posted more actually. He showed uo at the beginning but hasn't shown all day today. We get double the phase this round so there's kind of no excuse to dip without anything of substance posted.
    He's at school AND he has to stay late today (isn't being a teacher awesome?)

    If you have another reason you think he's wolfy I'm all ears, but he dipped because he had to sleep then go to work and I can't really fault him for that

    I don't want to use too much info that you guys don't have but it's hard when we live in the same house haha

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    I'm trying not to fire off too hard but man that Subaru read of Raeko's got me tinfoiling hard

    The complaint doesn't make sense and seems like it's either a wolf partner that is trying to hard to cover for the (anti)slip, or Raeko leaving options open for a mislynch
    You asked me for that reads list and then vote for me right away, almost like you just wanted something to nitpick at me for, and have a big long list to choose a random reason to place a vote on me

    hmmmmmm

    Leave a comment:

Working...