TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by Arp!
    i dunno, i think subaru seemingly ignoring her is noteworthy enough to at least point out, and aside from casting a bit of suspicion she still read subaru as town. your criticism is fair (and after subaru's post i feel inclined to agree that it wasn't very compelling evidence against them) but a vote for raeko feels like a bit much to me
    why is a vote for raeko a bit much at this juncture? voting is how we best grease the wheels of the game is my premise for asking this question

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    leetic is right, it is irrelevant
    freezin, our benevolent host and handsomest TWG player to list their location as the Canary Islands, has promised to MODKILL anyone who doesn't have at least 5 game-related posts by the end of each phase, rather than replace them out

    we should never be killing nakah when we can do literally anything else and nakah will still die
    He did not. He said it would risk being modkilled. Look at that first post again
    And he has Star as a replacement
    We've fallen for this same shit before my man come on

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    inactive kill versus doing something else
    leetic is right, it is irrelevant
    freezin, our benevolent host and handsomest TWG player to list their location as the Canary Islands, has promised to MODKILL anyone who doesn't have at least 5 game-related posts by the end of each phase, rather than replace them out

    we should never be killing nakah when we can do literally anything else and nakah will still die

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    [QUOTE=leetic;4801721][QUOTE=_Zenith_;4801675]Alright I'm more or less caught up now, at the moment I don't want to vote:

    Subaru
    MML

    I'm feeling comfortable with their approach to the game thus far as well as their interactions w/ others and some pursuant questioning, and I want to keep seeing more of that.



    This feels like a lot of weasel words.
    Hmmmm??? Nervous goose?

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    it bothers me how much subaru has focused on leetic's combinatorix or w/e

    Idk why

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Leetic, we have gone rounds concerning killing inactives and at this point I have to just quietly take my medications and admit the Cold War is over, my friend; I don't have the fight to keep going on and on about the topic

    You will never convince me an inactive PR is more beneficial then a resolved slot. I just don't believe it because inactive slots always bite town in the ass given a long enough timeline

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    yeah
    roundbox is after that, but only because it has to be someone (I would prefer not to kill roundbox today but he made me like
    irrationally focused on him)

    I guess it did turn into a reads list after all
    I don't know if I like Zenith being on that list. I was going to write a big defense on him because I don't like your inclusion of him on the list but I don't think I have a strong defense for him

    I think what I don't like is just, you wanting to off him as strongly as you do

    Arp I am agnostic on. You quote you in countless games: I wouldn't be sad if we lynch them I guess

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    arp, my friend

    I *definitely* remember you always
    a) rolling town
    b) being universally townread essentially always in all your games

    b is not occurring

    it makes me think that a did not occur, either

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by mellon_collie
    I'm very sorry about your phone but you reminded me of the day I smashed the shit out of my Galaxy S8

    Twas Anime North 20something and a group of us decided to try playing the giant IRL game of TWG put on by the convention. Horrible mistake, it was just a giant mess of people shouting and pointing at each other and nothing to do with logic or deductive reasoning at all. anyway everybody from FFR was slowly eliminated from the game except me who was a vegan wolf who couldn't make kills. I was just stuck sitting there, can't even really play the game because everyone is just shouting and pointing and I'd been drinking and I wanted to go do anything else. so I was pissed off and moderately drunk when I went to excuse myself to the bathroom. I put my phone down on the toilet paper holder (wouldn't normally do that but pissed off and drunk) and it slid right off and smashed onto the hard tile floor and it was a bad enough smash that there were chunks of glass missing from the screen

    so yeah IRL TWG at Anime North gave me gamer rage and I kinda smashed my screen
    I sooooooo remember this now
    I came in late and saw you were the last wolf, and I remember feeling both very sorry for you and laughing a little at the reveal that you were the vegan wolf and couldn't make any nightkills as the last wolf
    soooo ridiculous, like the role is so sad to include in a game

    didn't know you broke your screen during that game, that's R O U G H

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    [QUOTE=_Zenith_;4801675]Alright I'm more or less caught up now, at the moment I don't want to vote:

    Subaru
    MML

    I'm feeling comfortable with their approach to the game thus far as well as their interactions w/ others and some pursuant questioning, and I want to keep seeing more of that.[QUOTE]



    This feels like a lot of weasel words.

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by leetic
    blah blah blah sunfan ur wrong and didn't remember the op right blah blah blah
    ok, you win, I'm a little embarrassed given I asked people to read the OP and then I got something wrong from it

    I figured that it would be a replacement before a modkill, it is not

    I will have to figure out what the best thing to do is instead

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    roundbox was it you in the game where leetic was killed on the first day and flipped wolf
    were you the person pushing for that
    idr

    leetic can also answer if he feels like it
    I was killed on the second day, nobody was really pushing me D1 (MML in particular was hard pocketed)

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    So Nakah, then Zenith then Arp?
    yeah
    roundbox is after that, but only because it has to be someone (I would prefer not to kill roundbox today but he made me like
    irrationally focused on him)

    I guess it did turn into a reads list after all

    Leave a comment:


  • leetic
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    ok but get this
    he *won't* flip blue because random.org loves us too much
    (more sincere from here on)

    you don't have to be on board, I know that this is taking a risk, I don't even have to be told the math on this one for real this time.

    I can explain why I'm fine with the risk in real, actual further detail if needed, but idk that it is actually needed, at least not right now
    What's actually the "reward" here in the risk-reward calcs though? At best, they're a wolf, but then that leaves the active wolf completely alone for the phase and since it's not like we're going to get partner interactions or meaningful VCA from the flip it won't exactly leave us in a great position D2. And in the 3/4 of worlds where they're town it leaves us in an even worse position obviously. And plus, you realize we have a seer. Of course, possible for one of the wolves to get greenchecked but if a delayed wolf kill occurred we'd know. And that would be a better way to resolve the slot, unless Nakah is themselves the seer in which case lynching them would still be a blatantly bad idea. And that's not even getting into how the host said they'd modkill someone if they fail to meet postmin, which if that happens we'd want to resolve an additional slot anyway (arguments about whether we want to be in odd vs. even numbers aren't going to be helpful when delayed wolf kills and a poison are in play). Q.E.D. that move would not benefit town in any way.

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    wait somehow I forgot zenith definitely zenith
    but then arp

    somehow my brain didn't work there
    So Nakah, then Zenith then Arp?

    Leave a comment:


  • FreezinIce
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Votecount 3. It's just 3

    Roundbox (1): leetic
    Subaru (1): Roundbox
    Zenith (2): thesunfan, mellon_collie
    Raeko (1): MML

    Not voting: more than a couple less than a few

    Day ends a little less than 6 hours from now

    =====

    If there's any corrections to the vote count please post them and I'll adjust it
    Last edited by FreezinIce; 03-3-2026, 04:17 PM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...