TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Precarious
    Unacceptable
    • Mar 2014
    • 208

    #316
    Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

    Just to address the whole "I'm suspicious of the person I green'd" thing, the issue is that real suspicion of someone you ostensibly cleared calls into question the sincerity of your seer claim. Obviously, there are many such claims right now, and only one can be true, but the point is that the multiple claims effectively mask the real one. This allows genuine seer knowledge to make it into the thread without the wolves being aware that that person is the seer. We may not be able to use that knowledge just yet, but the whole process acts as a shielding mechanism for the real seer. Each time someone compromises their seer claim, it risks giving the wolves more information to search out the actual seer. Hence, while forcing people to defend themselves is good from a conversational perspective, people should be careful how it reflects on their claims.

    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #317
      Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

      oh arnt posted reads

      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      Insight: MAXIMUM
      yeah that

      Comment

      • danceflashrevo
        scumfan is scared of aa
        • Sep 2007
        • 488

        #318
        Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

        Originally posted by inDheart
        i remember you saying you thought you might be tunneling again on AA, so sure, let's rejoin this

        i can only see AA as a green right now because of his start to the game and his interaction with dfr, and nothing you've said is pressuring me to reconsider that
        Maybe it's best if he doesn't tunnel. Tunnelling isn't a good thing usually in my experienced, and it feels like you're encouraging him to do it.

        Hi atn

        Why are you here?

        Comment

        • Precarious
          Unacceptable
          • Mar 2014
          • 208

          #319
          Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

          Originally posted by Arntonach
          Precarious - Your new avatar is freaking me out.
          This has been my avatar since I joined FFR?

          Comment

          • DaBackpack
            ~ お ま ん こ ~
            • Mar 2014
            • 918

            #320
            Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

            Originally posted by Precarious
            Just to address the whole "I'm suspicious of the person I green'd" thing, the issue is that real suspicion of someone you ostensibly cleared calls into question the sincerity of your seer claim. Obviously, there are many such claims right now, and only one can be true, but the point is that the multiple claims effectively mask the real one. This allows genuine seer knowledge to make it into the thread without the wolves being aware that that person is the seer. We may not be able to use that knowledge just yet, but the whole process acts as a shielding mechanism for the real seer. Each time someone compromises their seer claim, it risks giving the wolves more information to search out the actual seer. Hence, while forcing people to defend themselves is good from a conversational perspective, people should be careful how it reflects on their claims.
            yes, Shadow's post about Haku would have been better saved for a later day phase, especially since it eventually came down to 'null'


            Originally posted by Moogy
            no one cares
            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
            that's kind of a sad statistic

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #321
              Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

              Originally posted by danceflashrevo
              Maybe it's best if he doesn't tunnel. Tunnelling isn't a good thing usually in my experienced, and it feels like you're encouraging him to do it.

              Hi atn
              tunneling has a negative connotation and it appears i had the opposite effect

              Comment

              • ShadoWolfe
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2009
                • 171

                #322
                Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                Originally posted by inDheart
                why the flying fuck would it matter to show that you have a fake claim
                I don't, though! You're totally misreading my post. Since I'm seer and know Haku is town, I want him to stop playing like a wolf and start playing like town. Also his reaction wouldve been helpful.

                Your post, though, is more interesting than anything Haku could've said. If you read it like I was flaunting that I had a fakeclaim, why would you ever EVER try to make a point out of that as town? You'd want the wolves to keep believing my claim. I had you as town before, but that part really doesnt make sense. I think I found AA's partner here.

                I'll try to come back before EOD and vote but restauranteering and reading this is really tough. Cooking is serious busimess guys





                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                " I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
                Originally posted by YoshL
                "i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                "I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #323
                  Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                  Originally posted by Arntonach
                  inDheart - I forgot you existed
                  this is rather lol

                  i'm surprised i get forgotten as often as i do in these games

                  Comment

                  • DaBackpack
                    ~ お ま ん こ ~
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 918

                    #324
                    Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                    I'll be playing board games for a bit, will prolly be back before EoD


                    Originally posted by Moogy
                    no one cares
                    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                    that's kind of a sad statistic

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #325
                      Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                      Originally posted by DaBackpack
                      I'll be playing board games for a bit, will prolly be back before EoD
                      AFK 2 win, best strat.

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #326
                        Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                        Originally posted by ShadoWolfe
                        I don't, though! You're totally misreading my post. Since I'm seer and know Haku is town, I want him to stop playing like a wolf and start playing like town. Also his reaction wouldve been helpful.

                        Your post, though, is more interesting than anything Haku could've said. If you read it like I was flaunting that I had a fakeclaim, why would you ever EVER try to make a point out of that as town? You'd want the wolves to keep believing my claim. I had you as town before, but that part really doesnt make sense. I think I found AA's partner here.

                        I'll try to come back before EOD and vote but restauranteering and reading this is really tough. Cooking is serious busimess guys
                        you tell me. i don't think you chastising haku to play better is a straightforward reading of your post at all and i think a wolf would read it the same way i did. don't ever play yourself

                        you can add precarious to your wolf buddy list because his sentiments seem similar

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #327
                          Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                          I think there's a wolf between ShadoWolfe and inDheart.

                          Comment

                          • Hakulyte
                            aka Haku
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 4697

                            #328
                            Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                            I refuse to defend one of them.

                            Comment

                            • AragakiAyase
                              Waifus
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 961

                              #329
                              Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                              Ok shado is probably wolfing
                              Phone posting, will elaborate asap but can't do that for a few hours most likely

                              pikakirby123 reincarnated





                              Comment

                              • inDheart
                                Picker @ JAX2
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 505

                                #330
                                Re: TWG Turbo V: Everyone Pretend to be the Seer Game Thread

                                i think now is an okay time to make chicken but i'll have half an eye here

                                Comment

                                Working...