Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • -Barista-
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Nothin' ever (ever) happens in this town
    Feelin' low down (down), not a lot to do around here
    I thought that I would go right outta my mind
    Until a friend told me the news

    He said, "(Hey), you know that vacant lot
    Right beside the gas station? Well, somebody bought it
    And on the spot they're gonna build a shop
    Where we can go buy bolts and screws"

    Since then I've been walking on air (air)
    I can barely brush my teeth or comb my hair
    'Cause I'm so excited and I really don't care
    I've been waiting since last June

    For this day to finally arrive
    I'm so happy (happy) now just to be alive
    'Cause any minute now I'm gonna be inside
    Well, I hope they open soon

    I can't wait no, (no I) I can't wait (oh when)
    When they gonna open up that door?
    I'm goin' (yes I'm) goin', I'm a-goin' to the
    Goin' to the (hard) ware I'm goin', really goin' to the
    Goin' (hard) I'm goin' to the (hard) oh yes, I'm goin' to the
    Hardware store

    In my sleeping bag I camped out overnight
    Right in front of the store, then as soon as it was light out
    I pressed my nose right up against the glass
    You know, I had to be first in line

    Gonna get me a flashlight and a broom
    Want a pair of pliers for every single room in my house
    See those hacksaws? Very, very soon
    One of them will be all mine

    Guys with nametags walking down the aisles
    Rows of garden hoses that go on for miles and miles
    Brand new socket wrenches in a plethora of styles
    All arranged alphabetically

    And they're doing a promotional stunt
    There's a great big purple sign out front
    That says every 27th customer
    Will get a ball peen hammer free

    I can't wait no, (no I) I can't wait (oh when)
    When are they gonna open up that door?
    I'm goin' (yes I'm) goin', I'm a-goin' to the
    Goin' to the (hard) ware I'm goin', really goin' to the
    Goin' (hard) I'm goin' to the (hard) oh yes, I'm goin' to the
    Hardware store

    I'm goin' (yes I'm) goin', I'm a-goin' to the
    Goin' to the (hard) ware I'm goin', really goin' to the
    Goin' (hard) I'm goin' to the (hard) oh yes, I'm goin' to the
    Hardware store

    (breathe)
    Would you look at all that stuff ...
    They've got allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters
    Trash compactors, juice extractor, shower rods and water meters
    Walkie-talkies, copper wires safety goggles, radial tires
    BB pellets, rubber mallets, fans and dehumidifiers
    Picture hangers, paper cutters, waffle irons, window shutters
    Paint removers, window louvers, masking tape and plastic gutters
    Kitchen faucets, folding tables, weather stripping, jumper cables
    Hooks and tackle, grout and spackle, power foggers, spoons and ladles
    Pesticides for fumigation, high-performance lubrication
    Metal roofing, water proofing, multi-purpose insulation
    Air compressors, brass connectors, wrecking chisels, smoke detectors
    Tire gauges, hamster cages, thermostats and bug deflectors
    Trailer hitch demagnetizers, automatic circumcisers
    Tennis rackets, angle brackets, Duracells and Energizers
    Soffit panels, circuit brakers, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers
    Calculators, generators, matching salt and pepper shakers

    I can't wait no, (no I) I can't wait (oh when)
    When are they gonna open up that door?
    I'm goin' (yes I'm) goin', I'm a-goin' to the
    Goin' to the (hard) ware I'm goin', really goin' to the
    Goin' (hard) I'm goin' to the (hard) oh yes, I'm goin' to the
    Hardware store

    I'm goin' (yes I'm) goin', I'm a-goin' to the
    Goin' to the (hard) ware I'm goin', really goin' to the
    Goin' (hard) I'm goin' to the (hard) oh yes, I'm goin' to the
    Hardware store

    I'm goin' (yes I'm) goin', I'm a-goin' to the
    Goin' to the (hard) ware I'm goin', really goin' to the
    Goin' (hard) I'm goin' to the (hard) oh yes, I'm goin' to the
    Hardware store

    Leave a comment:


  • TC_Halogen
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    If it's any good, but slightly under the suggested song lengths, I'll give you lenience.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wyde
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    I'm guessing this is why 64ths were invented. XD Longer freezes without steps registering as hands ftw

    Anyways, I'll be sending my revisions soon with a little luck, as well as a RushJet1 song for good measure. It does, however, have the slight problem of being 1:17 long, the steps themselves lasting around 1:09. So I might be pushing minimum time a bit with that one. I'll see what the judges think when I send in my next batch of course.

    Leave a comment:


  • ddr_f4n
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Originally posted by Xiaounlimited
    i.e. from this



    to this




    You have to pivot your foot from D to R. There was one particular one a measure or two down in which if you didn't pivot and instead end the hold prematurely with the wrong foot, you mess up. Doing this just prevents that.
    tbh the first seems more fitting. I don't know how this would be mistaken for a crossover if the freeze is still there. Extending the freeze over the jump makes it a hand by the time the jump comes around.

    If I ever saw that in a stepfile sightread, I would still double step due to the fact that hold is still placed regardless if it ends at that step. Well, I never end a hold early anyways.

    Leave a comment:


  • ddrace
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Originally posted by Xiaounlimited
    i.e. from this



    to this




    You have to pivot your foot from D to R. There was one particular one a measure or two down in which if you didn't pivot and instead end the hold prematurely with the wrong foot, you mess up. Doing this just prevents that.
    Actually, that top one is correct, due to the freezes not intersecting.

    I have a chart in the works, but I have to just be unlazy and finish it >: .

    edit: it will have easy crossovers, so stfu

    Leave a comment:


  • -Barista-
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Finished 2 of mine. I'll send em in.

    I think I'll start on some Ipaghost.

    Binky Bink or Under Your Bed. Song would make a fun pad chart. Someone should collab with me since I suck and stuff.
    Last edited by -Barista-; 12-15-2008, 08:08 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TC_Halogen
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Update, somewhat. Sorry guys, busy, and kinda tired.

    And yes, you can send in a 9.

    Leave a comment:


  • Synexi-XI
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    i double step with good FA =D


    cuz i can't do crossovers ._.


    can i make an easy file for this? like a 9 expert?

    Leave a comment:


  • Patashu
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Originally posted by Xiaounlimited
    You have to pivot your foot from D to R. There was one particular one a measure or two down in which if you didn't pivot and instead end the hold prematurely with the wrong foot, you mess up. Doing this just prevents that.
    people do that?

    no crossovers krew 4 lyfe

    double step everything

    Leave a comment:


  • SpammyMcSquirrel
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Ok, great. Sent in Power.

    Leave a comment:


  • Xiaounlimited
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Easily. I can handle those things (since Zero will probably send the entire pack to me for resyncing) nearing the end of the project.

    Leave a comment:


  • SpammyMcSquirrel
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Also, another thing: I'm not able to convert files into .ogg's. Will you guys be able to do that?

    Leave a comment:


  • Xiaounlimited
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    i.e. from this



    to this




    You have to pivot your foot from D to R. There was one particular one a measure or two down in which if you didn't pivot and instead end the hold prematurely with the wrong foot, you mess up. Doing this just prevents that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wyde
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Yay reviews!

    @ Xiao: A lot of criticisms to read over, but then I'm responsible for over half of your batch. XD Trigger is the only song that I'm not really very motivated in dealing with. I think it's mainly to do with the reason I created it in the first place (DDR anger vent lol), but for whatever reason I can't really be bothered with it. Everything else is all stuff I'm very much willing to fix, so no worries there. Except for one thing:
    Originally posted by Xiaounlimited
    (Wyde) Tatsh SN2 Style - Uranus (V2) (12)
    NEEDS REVISION 4/5
    m31-34: Extend the holds in which you pivot your other foot by 1/16. I found myself crossing over and messing up, otherwise.
    *Wyde is confused!*

    I don't know why, but I can't actually figure out what you mean by this. This is likely me having a dumb blonde moment, but I find myself either taking out the jumps, adding strangely placed 32nd extentions to the freezes or putting freezes on even more arrows in order to try and do whatever I think you're asking me to do. I failed to get my head around it and thus any attempt at the fix mucked up. Theoretically, the player isn't supposed to crossover at all, so I'm puzzled. I'll look into it more tomorrow when I'm less tired.

    I'll probably wait for another set of reviews before I send stuff in. I'm hoping they might be able to point out any other problems that I can sort out before I send in my revisions.

    Oh, and thanks for all the comments so far you lot. ^^
    Last edited by Wyde; 12-13-2008, 05:39 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TC_Halogen
    replied
    Re: Ethereal Rebellion (Pad Pack)

    Hey, awesome job catching up on reviews. I have a few things left to review myself, those should be up tonight, tomorrow at the absolute latest, I've been really busy lately.

    Leave a comment:

Working...