Building an FFR City on this French Site.
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
-
Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.
nécessite means requires.
A bunch of proxy sites don't work. I'm successful with about 1 in every 10. Don't sweat it. Just try another one. If you think all the proxies are getting to have been tried, then try a new proxy method.
Google the 'Switch Proxy Toolbar' plugin for firefox. It's really straightforward to use.
Google "Proxy List" And find some pages that list a bunch of proxies, like this one: http://www.steganos.com/?area=updateproxylist
Enable the proxy toolbar, click Add > Anonymous > Enter the URL, click Load, and then enter an interval like 10 seconds.
Now go to the french site, click "Apply" on the proxy toolbar with your newly created list of proxies, and it will refresh using the proxy you're on. Everytime it counts down to 0 seconds, and switches to a fresh proxy, refresh the screen. Some proxies will not work, some will, again it's hit or miss. Some site lists are better than others. Just hope you get a good batch.Comment
-
Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.
When you guys are using these proxies, always check for more options. Always uncheck the boxes that do anything with java and meta tags. Whenever you get the french instants or other message look for the show more options or checkboxes. If there are no boxes or it doesnt work after you uncheck the boxes then its never going to work. Also uncheck the "remove scripts" box.Last edited by ELRayford; 07-16-2007, 07:20 AM.Comment
-
Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.
I find the only one that actually matters is Java Script. As long as it's enabled the site logs it fine.
Remember sometimes even all that goes well, some sites won't show results because either someone else visited it today, or because some sites recycle ip's that other sites affiliated with them use, and so the site won't see it as a new hit.
I just added about 10 to pop and industry while keeping the stats perfect along the way.
FFR chat is another good way to get a few hits. Just link in there and tell people what it's about.
Also, whatever Team Excel is - I want to be in charge. I am the king of Excel and Excel VBA\
Here's a couple of useful sites
Join the conversation without revealing your identity. Share your thoughts, opinions, and social commentary freely and anonymously.
Comment
-
Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.
I propose co-captian as I enquired first. Your probably a bit more of a power user but I can still work my way around.
Edit: 10th spot aka Geekcity has ~1.2K we have 843. 400 pop clicks 2day? Thats alot of proxies and actual IP's. Good luck team.Last edited by windsurfer-sp; 07-16-2007, 07:57 AM.Orbb fan club.
White text society.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.
Hmm this thread is lacking mod attention, we need this to be front paged. They make announcments daily, surely they can slip this in.Orbb fan club.
White text society.Comment
-
Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.
Mmmmmm, yes quite.
Yeah good plan my mexican friend. I honestly think it will take alot of effort to get it on there. Synth isn't likely to promote a 3rd party site that is not an in-game artist. We have to convince him its a community building excercise-which it is.
Get the subscribers to post a request in the subscriber forum. Subers prob get more Slight respect points.
Or bug another mod who has frontpage powers.... whos weakest?Orbb fan club.
White text society.Comment
-
Comment
-
Re: Building an FFR City on this French Site.
Yeah we can maybe get Tass to throw it in as a little 'on the side' for his next token post.
I agree that it should only be for population growth
speaking of proxies, I think I've used them up for the day. I'm only getting like 1 success out of every 50 now so I give up. If anyone finds good sites with lists of working proxies that can be loaded into the proxy toolbar, or better yet one of those programs that spider scan the internet for proxies, test them, and save them to a list for you, that would be super helpful.
Edit: I left Tass a little message on aim. Don't bother anyone else about it until I've gotten an answer back from him.Last edited by alainbryden; 07-16-2007, 09:17 AM.Comment


Comment