TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nforcer06164
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2003
    • 4772

    #46
    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

    @afro: Wow, I completely missed that. Still, that seer would have to have one or two humans to pass info on to in case of getting killed. Oh, and I think it's best to kill anybody seered red anyway; it's kind of the inverse of the master wolf seered green. We can't be sure, but sometimes it just has to be done.

    PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
    Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
    Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

    Originally posted by Squeek
    My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

    Comment

    • Afrobean
      Admiral in the Red Army
      • Dec 2003
      • 13262

      #47
      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

      oh i see, nforcer

      I dunno... it's better than anything I could come up with to do it, even if it sacrifices two seer'd humans to do so. And you KNOW that the wolves will kill the two humans who come out. Yeah... the wolves might go for blue hunting early on, but knowing that the two seer'd greens from day 1 won't get lynched, they'll be wolfed.

      Also, what's this about blue miller? Their seer report comes back the same as real wolves, and red millers to the human seer? That makes lynching seer'd reds even more stupid...

      I say we go for humans and pretty much disregard it when they come back red. Of course record the information and tell the alliance members, but don't go out and lynch them JUST for being seer'd as "not human".

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #48
        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

        you guys post too much... I was expecting double post rofl

        Comment

        • Omeganitros
          auauauau
          • Jun 2003
          • 8897

          #49
          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

          nforcer06164: Hey, I gotta get goin'....

          OmegaNoxim: k

          nforcer06164: But, always good talking to ya.

          OmegaNoxim: Yah

          nforcer06164: Oh, and you're in TWG... best get in the thread.

          nforcer06164: We have three pages already

          nforcer06164: and night hasn't ended.

          nforcer06164: =P

          nforcer06164: See ya

          OmegaNoxim: WHAT



          **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

          Okay, gimmie a second to read the thread. God, it totally slipped my mind.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #50
            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

            ok to elaborate on what I've said, I'll say this:

            I advocate seers staying behind things. Themselves and their seer'd greens may push for the lynch of players they believe to be red, but simply being seer'd as red might not be enough justification for them to decide to lynch. Obviously if a player looks pretty red already and they're seer'd and it comes back red, then yeah... but if a player looks green, and their report comes back red, I would suggest holding off at first. Think of it the same way you would for a lynching of a player seer'd as green in a game with MW: that is to say, don't disregard the idea of them being a wolf, but if you do want to lynch them, do it later.

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #51
              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

              ok, so I keep thinking of things:

              Basically a lot of you guys are pushing for a "find reds and kill them" strategy. This is not very good with two red millers and someone mentioned that blue millers come back as "not human" as well. That's like 7 people coming back red and only 3 of them are wolves. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but still with two red millers, that's only a 3/5 chance of lynching a seer'd red.

              I think the best strategy is to play as normal. Try to lynch wolves during the day using logic. The alliances' function would be to:

              #1: Seer humans and build and grow to gain power for their cause.
              #2: Overlap with the other seer's alliance.

              Lynching seer'd reds shouldn't be a part of what the alliance needs to do. I think they should play it more as a set of masons that gets new members every night. By the end of the game, there should be a ****ton of seer'd greens and after that you just lynch anything that hasn't been seer'd green.

              Comment

              • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 1206

                #52
                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                'AHHHHHHHHH!!'

                *THUD*


                'WHAT WAS THAT?!?!' yelled JurseyRider734 as loud as possible.

                'It sounded like a yell coming from the direction of talisman's room,' replied iggymatrixcounter, still half asleep.

                'We shuld go chek it out, rite?' xObserveRx chimed in, from across the hall.

                Upon arriving at talisman's room, a gruesome sight was beheld by everyone.


                //cue robot voice
                THIRTY MINUTES LATER.

                Welcome to mission briefing, soldiers.

                I know how early it is, but..' started general nija.

                'It's 2:36 sir!' shouted Afrobean.

                'I know how early it is, but there is a serious problem. Standing in this very room, hell, maybe even standing beside you, we have four intruders. UNFORTUNATELY IT'S THE SECOND DAY HERE AND WE DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER WELL ENOUGH TO JUST PICK OUT THE INTRUDERS. They are believed to be Russian spies, sent here to destroy our bunker. Lucky for me, and bad for you, I'm about to leave. If you fagots can't figure out who the spies are, we're going to have to blow up the entire facility. Good luck. Lol.'

                With that the general left.

                'I played a game on the internet like this one time...' said Omeganitros, 'It was called 'The Werewolf Game.''

                'YEAH WHERE THEY LYNCH SOMEONE EVERY DAY,' said JurseyRider734, still yelling.

                'We'd better start...' Stoic RoivaS finished.


                TALISMAN IS DEAD.

                IT IS NOW DAY ONE.

                DAY ONE ENDS AT MIDNIGHT SATURDAY


                Players remaining: (Player Name/AIM)

                Kilgamayan/bjstrattonIM
                Afrobean/afrobean16
                Stoic RoivaS/StoicRoivaS
                Rioting/xRIOTINGx
                Tokzic/InfernoBlueFlame
                FoJaR/This Is FoJaR
                iggymatrixcounter/Iggy911Mc
                roundbox/tehroundbox
                Shashakiro/Shashakiro
                Omega Nitros/OmegaNoxim
                Wilkin/Wilkini Evili
                JurseyRider734/im jurs
                xObserveRx/xTried N Truex
                nforcer06164/nforcer06164
                blahblah18/mastr414

                That is all.

                ps if you douchebags don't read the story tell me and I'll refrain from writing it.
                Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 01-25-2007, 09:21 PM.


                Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                Comment

                • StoicRoivaS
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2006
                  • 548

                  #53
                  Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                  @afro:

                  Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

                  Blue Miller - Meat. But with a twist. The Blue Miller comes back as HUMAN to the seer, and BLUE to the Wolf Seer.
                  Odds aren't that bad. 2 red millers and 4 wolves, 33% of accidentally killing a red, 66% chance hitting a wolf. I'm not sure which I like better but I still don't think the wolves would go for public greens. Why waste a kill on a known non-blue? Yeah it's a confirmed out of the way, but in a two seer game I'd rather take my chances blue hunting. That's my guess anyways.
                  Like the moon over
                  the day, my genius and brawn are
                  wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                  -Bowser

                  Comment

                  • xObserveRx
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 1148

                    #54
                    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                    Just outta curiosity (and laziness), wasn't the night supposed to end at 12am? or do you just end nights when you get all required PMs?
                    Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                    Comment

                    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1206

                      #55
                      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                      I ended the night early because... I didn't feel like waiting.

                      If anyone has any objections to an hour early, let me know and I'll try to make it up to you.


                      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #56
                        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                        helen keller would have seen that coming.

                        Comment

                        • Omeganitros
                          auauauau
                          • Jun 2003
                          • 8897

                          #57
                          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                          No way, dude. Keep the story, it's awesome.

                          Comment

                          • nforcer06164
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2003
                            • 4772

                            #58
                            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                            iggymatrixcounter. I don't think I need an explanation.

                            So, are we moving ahead with my plan, or not? If we can reach a general consensus, we can get progressing right away.

                            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                            Originally posted by Squeek
                            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                            Comment

                            • Tokzic
                              FFR Player
                              • May 2005
                              • 6878

                              #59
                              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                              Okay, so one thing I should start the day out with in case you didn't read the convo is:

                              DO NOT COME OUT AS A SEERED GREEN/BLUE YET.

                              If we end up going with nforcer's strategy, the red seer will potentially be waiting to see if we did not nab two greens. If both of our seers did not see greens, then the red seer (regardless of what they saw) could potentially dip their nose in and say "Hi, I seered you, you're a blue/green, sorry for the dlay in contact," and suddenly be a part of the alliance. All they'd have to do is wait to make sure we didn't get enough for our plan to work and we wouldn't know the difference.

                              To prevent this, like I said, we should organize a time for all seereds to come out at once. This will prevent the red seer from dawdling and seeing if he can come out to his seered without risk to identity.

                              AGRE/DISAGRE?

                              Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                              Comment

                              • iggymatrixcounter
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 1924

                                #60
                                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                                I say no. I gave you your "counterpoints" and your plan only has a 20-30% chance of working today. The likely senario strings a confirmed human out to dry.

                                Having the seers work hiddenly has just as many benefits as your plan does except the the seer alliances have to be more discreet in their lynching methods. And 3 days later there may be an overlap and then the alliances will be brought together without anyone being needlessly sacrifaced.

                                Besides, I'm surprised that you're advocating a human alliance anyways nforcer, you usually want the game to be played through the people and not an alliance where everything is decided for you.
                                lastfm
                                PANDORA

                                Comment

                                Working...