TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roundbox
    fhqwhgads
    • Feb 2005
    • 2086

    #91
    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

    I believe the seers/kamis should reveal themselves late in the game when a "good" hidden alliance is formed.
    I also thought up a "worst case scenario" with something of the matter as well. Regarding false seers. A wolf posing as a seer could obviously start an alliance with a single human seer, leaving out the second. Obviously they would keep the wolves and everyone else safe, but the only way to deflect this is to have each seer give a one-time check on eachother just to make sure that they're both green (seeing as when a seer identifies a seer it just comes back as HUMAN).
    Yeah, you probably all realize this and such, but I just wanted to point something relevant out. Seers/kamis, keep yourself hidden until a stable alliance has been formed. For now, I'm going to go play some WarioWare for Wii.
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



    Comment

    • Kilgamayan
      Super Scooter Happy
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2003
      • 6583

      #92
      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

      Uh, Stable isn't playing this game.
      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

      Comment

      • nforcer06164
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2003
        • 4772

        #93
        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

        Of course I'm going to try to defend my own strategy, Afro. People like iggy are too hard-headed to even consider it.

        Whatever, guys. A lot of you don't see the advantages. I only want this tried for Day 1, but apparently we're too "scared" to give it a shot. This game is going to be pretty stale because we're afraid to try something.

        The way things are looking, this isn't going to happen. Tokzic seems to be the only one that agrees it's a good idea. I wish you'd all come up with something better, but whatever.

        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

        Originally posted by Squeek
        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #94
          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

          Originally posted by nforcer06164
          Of course I'm going to try to defend my own strategy, Afro. People like iggy are too hard-headed to even consider it.
          Defending your ideas is one thing. You were picking and choosing what logic you wanted to present to try to make your idea look more favorable. In reality, the only outcome in which we benefit in your idea is a fairly small chance. In every other instance, it loses us a seer'd green. Honestly, this looks to me like a textbook example of a "lets help HUMANS oh ps it really helps the wolves more but ur not supposed to notice that now watch as i distract you with poor logic" that wolves sometimes use, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

          As for hardheadedness: Why can't you just say "ok yeah my plan has a pretty good advantage, but the low probability of it happening makes it not worth actually using?" I suggested a plan back on page one ("if 2 or more are seer'd red, they should be announced in the thread"). Notice how I dropped it totally when I realized how unlikely it would be for the plan to actually go through successfully (that is to say that there being two red millers throws it off so much that it'd only really have a really strong advantage if the seer sees probably 3 or 4 or more "reds")?

          Originally posted by nforcer
          Whatever, guys. A lot of you don't see the advantages. I only want this tried for Day 1, but apparently we're too "scared" to give it a shot. This game is going to be pretty stale because we're afraid to try something.
          Haha. "This game is going to be pretty stale..." How would I describe a game in which a public alliance says "lynch these people today"? I would describe that as "stale". How would I describe a game in which there is no seer out in the open, but is still working on a safety net for endgame (ie an alliance of seer'd greens) in the background without totally breaking the game in favor of the humans? I'd call that "interesting" and "fun". I like to play this game for the deduction factor. I don't like all this "oops ur seer'd as red u ded" crap... I want it to be more like: "I have evidence that you're a wolf... you're dead." Get it? And in this instance, it just happens that your strategy is too unlikely too play out effectively as my preferred strategy.

          Originally posted by nforcer
          The way things are looking, this isn't going to happen. Tokzic seems to be the only one that agrees it's a good idea. I wish you'd all come up with something better, but whatever.
          Hopefully, neither you or Tokzic got seer'd then (or maybe not if one of you is a wolf... ), but then again, if you both got seer'd as human that would probably work out ok rofl. Too bad the probability of you both being seer'd and also both being green (that is, not wolf or red miller) is like retardedly low.

          EDIT: rofl I typed so much... probably unnecessary haha

          EDIT*2: Didn't capitalize something correctly. And it was the first word too...

          Comment

          • Tokzic
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 6878

            #95
            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

            I really don't see why everyone's against nforcer's plan, but if there's not full support, it'll probably backfire, so kk let's go with the plan that we'd go with assuming we missed with nforcer's yes excellent idea sure whatever

            I will not be around whatsoever tomorrow due to snowboarding and have absolutely no time to read the thread thoroughly right now, so I'm going to throw a random vote for inactivity and not-getting-phantomed on rioting. Nothing personal.

            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #96
              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

              hey votes to ensure you don't get a phantom later are hip these days, right?

              I'm gonna go with roundbox.
              Originally posted by roundbox
              I believe the seers/kamis should reveal themselves late in the game when a "good" hidden alliance is formed.
              This doesn't make any sense at all and doesn't help anything at all. All it would do is tell the wolves to who to wolf (ie seers) and who not to (ie kamikaze).

              And don't even think about giving me **** for calling a new player on something. Go take a look at last game.

              Comment

              • iggymatrixcounter
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2003
                • 1924

                #97
                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                Originally posted by nforcer06164
                Of course I'm going to try to defend my own strategy, Afro. People like iggy are too hard-headed to even consider it.
                Why do you have to call just me on it. A lot of other people agree with me, you're just singling me out of a group consensus.

                Originally posted by nforcer
                Whatever, guys. A lot of you don't see the advantages. I only want this tried for Day 1, but apparently we're too "scared" to give it a shot. This game is going to be pretty stale because we're afraid to try something.
                We don't see your advantages and you don't see your risks. Besides, I may be your biggest opponent but I've also considered your plan and what it would entail (post 40 and 63 for example). I've at least given your plan some credit while you seem to demerit anything I've brought up as illogical and hardheaded. To me that says that you're not even thinking about anything else except what you're thinking about.

                And don't you dare say I'm too scared to do anything. If the benefits were high enough I would do anything. And I've proven that many times before. I'm one of the most liberal, aggressive player here, but I'm not willing to take risks if there are easier ways to achieve the same goal.

                Originally posted by nforcer
                I wish you'd all come up with something better, but whatever.
                No you meant to say that you wish people would go with what you say. XD
                lastfm
                PANDORA

                Comment

                • blahblah18
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2004
                  • 1662

                  #98
                  Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                  sorry i haven't been aroudn tremendously, I promise its jstu during the weekends , and otherwise i'm aroudn a ton more, plus i'm always available on AIM, as i've spoken to several people already through it... I nkow some of you may find this a stupid reason but i'm voting afrobean because he's being way too logical and not nearly passionate or angry enough from the enraged human i know and love. Something's different about it, and maybe someone else can tell me if i'm crazy
                  but for now... postCount++

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #99
                    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                    blah, are you drunk?

                    Comment

                    • roundbox
                      fhqwhgads
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 2086

                      #100
                      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                      Afro, disregard my entire post. I'm retarded and tried to come up with a "lol, plan" post so I wouldn't be the one quiet guy sitting in the corner with nothing to say.

                      I think nforcer has a good idea and more people should 'gree to it. His plan would easily come up with a green victory, but we seriously need to actually TRY it, otherwise, the game could quickly fall into the hands of the wolves.

                      Oh yeah, and afrobean. I honestly have no idea to vote for at this point in game, and I'm just voting for you because you, well, voted for me.

                      LOL, 100th post get?
                      Last edited by roundbox; 01-27-2007, 03:09 PM.
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                      Comment

                      • iggymatrixcounter
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 1924

                        #101
                        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                        Originally posted by roundbox
                        I think nforcer has a good idea and more people should 'gree to it. His plan would easily come up with a green victory, but we seriously need to actually TRY it, otherwise, the game could quickly fall into the hands of the wolves.
                        First off his plan doesn't lead to a human victory anymore than mine. Secondly "trying" nforcer's plan has risks. It's not like we're not doing it because we don't want progress. The risk of losing 1 or 2 seer confirmed greens is way too much for a 1/3 chance of having the two seers find themselves today. (Especially when they could find each other through random chance with no one being killed)
                        lastfm
                        PANDORA

                        Comment

                        • JurseyRider734
                          lil j the bad b-word
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 7507

                          #102
                          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                          Originally posted by roundbox
                          Afro, disregard my entire post. I'm retarded and tried to come up with a "lol, plan" post so I wouldn't be the one quiet guy sitting in the corner with nothing to say.

                          I think nforcer has a good idea and more people should 'gree to it. His plan would easily come up with a green victory, but we seriously need to actually TRY it, otherwise, the game could quickly fall into the hands of the wolves.

                          Oh yeah, and afrobean. I honestly have no idea to vote for at this point in game, and I'm just voting for you because you, well, voted for me.
                          If you're going to safety vote someone, at least vote for someone who hasn't been voted for before. And if you're ACTUALLY voting for him because he voted for you, you're a god damned retard.

                          If I vote for someone, it's probably going to be for Iggy or Omega. A gut feeling more than anything on Iggy, he just seems to be posting a LOT more often this game (who knows why), and most of his posts are arguing with other peoples' plans and providing plans that I would read and say "wtf?". I'm thinking Omega because it's usually really obvious when he's a wolf and I was pretty good at picking it up in previous games based on the tone of his posts, and I'm kind of getting that feeling this game, as well.
                          Originally posted by Arch0wl
                          I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                          Originally posted by Afrobean
                          Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                          the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                          Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                          Comment

                          • Wilkin
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 1800

                            #103
                            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                            brb been having an iffy couple of days and just now getting caught up on everything
                            l
                            WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                            ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                            ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                            OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #104
                              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                              With all these unjustified votes for me, I'd almost think that I'm a red miller, and I've been seer'd. If this is the case, please just say so rather than being retarded and saying "durr I vote for afro for no reason lol" or "i think afro is human but I'm voting for him anyway 8)"

                              Comment

                              • Kilgamayan
                                Super Scooter Happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2003
                                • 6583

                                #105
                                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                                How the hell would an alliance form that fast?
                                I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                                Comment

                                Working...