TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iggymatrixcounter
    FFR Veteran
    • Nov 2003
    • 1924

    #136
    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

    After all I said about seer pawns not coming out, you go and do this the day AFTER it was decided to stay quiet. Nforcer is going to have a field day with this one.

    At least today there's a better chance of seers having a green to throw out there. And if the wolf seer didn't fake yesterday to his choice then it would be harder for him to fake now.
    lastfm
    PANDORA

    Comment

    • nforcer06164
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2003
      • 4772

      #137
      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

      Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
      After all I said about seer pawns not coming out, you go and do this the day AFTER it was decided to stay quiet. Nforcer is going to have a field day with this one.
      BAHAHAHAHA. I guess some people in this game think independently rather than go with the crowd. I'm actually really surprised; that's a ballsy move after the majority decided we wouldn't do this. Hopefully this will be for the best; at least we seem to be going about it the right way so far.

      The Afrobean kill was unexpected, but understandable. A good handful of us expressed trust and we saved him from a lynch... so he gets targeted. I don't think I've seen that happen before, but it makes sense.

      I've got nothing else right now. I'll ponder over the events and see if I can post something else noteworthy tonight.

      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

      Originally posted by Squeek
      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

      Comment

      • iggymatrixcounter
        FFR Veteran
        • Nov 2003
        • 1924

        #138
        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

        Originally posted by nforcer06164
        Hopefully this will be for the best; at least we seem to be going about it the right way so far.
        Yea except you said that your plan would be mute after day1 XD.

        Originally posted by nforcer
        The Afrobean kill was unexpected, but understandable. A good handful of us expressed trust and we saved him from a lynch... so he gets targeted. I don't think I've seen that happen before, but it makes sense.
        I understand what you're trying to say. I, on the other hand, have to disagree with you though. (Just because you and I can't agree) I saw afro's accumilation of votes as such a band wagon coupled with safety votes and maybe a wolf in there trying to lynch someone human. If I had been here for the end day I may have even defended him. I would have been really mad if afro was lynched because he acted fairly human to me. Now everyone that confessed this yesterday probably contributed to his wolfing but that's a different story. After two people "safety voted" him, I knew his chances of being wolfed would go up despit him being in the running for the lynch.

        I'll look over who actually voted for afro and how it came that he got those votes to see where it goes from safety voting to actual justification.
        lastfm
        PANDORA

        Comment

        • iggymatrixcounter
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2003
          • 1924

          #139
          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

          Fojar -you seem really human to me, so i'll probably change it but i dont know who to yet. (changed his vote to roundbox)

          Blah- because he's being way too logical and not nearly passionate or angry enough from the enraged human i know and love. (drunk posting style)

          Roundbox - I'm just voting for you because you, well, voted for me.


          Sorry just using the thread as a notepad right now, I've got class and will analyze these more indepth when I get home later. Maybe someone else can draw other conclusions.
          lastfm
          PANDORA

          Comment

          • nforcer06164
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2003
            • 4772

            #140
            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

            iggy: It still works after Day 1; I just thought the risk would rise, which I why I didn't want to. Remember, I don't make the executive decision on my own plan. Still, FoJaR took it in his hands to go against the crowd, and now we're in a position to make this work.

            PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
            Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
            Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

            Originally posted by Squeek
            My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

            Comment

            • iggymatrixcounter
              FFR Veteran
              • Nov 2003
              • 1924

              #141
              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

              Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
              Fojar -you seem really human to me, so i'll probably change it but i dont know who to yet. (changed his vote to roundbox)

              Blah- because he's being way too logical and not nearly passionate or angry enough from the enraged human i know and love. (drunk posting style)

              Roundbox - I'm just voting for you because you, well, voted for me.
              Let's here it for super easy tests!!

              k so these are the reasons afro was voted and nothing really merited a lynch, it just so happened that he got three votes. But the out of context one is blah's since fojar and roundbox voted purely as a safety.

              Originally posted by nforcer
              we're in a position to make this work.
              There's still risk but it's just been reassigned. Yesterday the risk was whether or not both seers had a pawn and easy fake set up for the wolf seer. Given the circumstances today the risk is decreditability but wolf seer infiltration is lower since he would have had to come out to his seer pick yesterday in order to continue his fake for today. (Course I'm not assuming the risk in losing a human anymore since fojar has already taken that risk and it is no longer in our hands to control) Since fojar has already come out, the future risks today are less than the future risks that were present yesterday. (If that makes any sense) If no one came out I would still be fairly "bull-headed" with staying secret, but today merits a different assessment of our strategies.
              lastfm
              PANDORA

              Comment

              • iggymatrixcounter
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2003
                • 1924

                #142
                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                Also I want to hear more from shash, omega, wilkin, observer, and jurs. I've talked with some of you and not at all with others. There are a lot of opinions that can be said and whether you're saying them to people via AIM or not, get some of them on the thread.
                lastfm
                PANDORA

                Comment

                • StoicRoivaS
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2006
                  • 548

                  #143
                  Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                  Originally posted by FoJar
                  Plan, stuff, etc.
                  I guess that decides that much for us :/ Seems like a reasonable idea though. It becomes nearly impossible for the wolves to fake as time goes on and even if they tried, it would take a vision from each "seer" to quickly clear the situation up. So essentially the current plan puts FoJar at possible risk for wolfing while putting the two seer camps together. I like it. [/thinking aloud] Additionally, if we're a bit lucky and FoJar's seer happened to hit a kamikaze in the two visions, it would be wise to implement the plan with said kamikaze (FoJar), thusly making the deal even sweeter for us in the event the wolves think it a good idea to attack FoJar. Here's to wishful thinking.
                  Like the moon over
                  the day, my genius and brawn are
                  wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                  -Bowser

                  Comment

                  • iggymatrixcounter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1924

                    #144
                    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                    Ok I have this problem with people altering other people's quotes like stoic just did above. If you're going to change a person's quote, you should only take stuff out for conciseness reasons only. When people alter quotes it makes you look like 1) you're trying to alter what people have said and 2) you're making people think like you do.

                    Not everyone reads a quote like you so changing it forces everyone else to assume you read it the same way. If you want to make assumptions, quote the reference and then draw the conclusion. That let the rest of us see exactly where you're getting your ideas from.

                    Sorry but I think it needed to be said.
                    lastfm
                    PANDORA

                    Comment

                    • StoicRoivaS
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2006
                      • 548

                      #145
                      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                      To me it's a matter of making the post a typed written page longer than it needs to be. Anyone paying the minimal amount of attention needed to play in a TWG should certainly know to which post I'm referring and the approximate contents of said post. I will, however, agree that when the content is deceptively (sometimes read: sarcastically) changed, it pushes my buttons in the same way. I don't think that abbreviating a block of text in a fair and accurate manner is anything to huff and puff over. Would it have been any different if I'd said "FoJar in post #135"? Not to me.

                      Petty differences of opinion aside, we've had little commenting on anything relevant from a large number of players. I wouldn't mind that changing. Getting a little tired of playing opinion/strat tag with iggy and nforcer...
                      Like the moon over
                      the day, my genius and brawn are
                      wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                      -Bowser

                      Comment

                      • nforcer06164
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 4772

                        #146
                        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                        Last night before DBP put up the update:

                        Iggy911Mc (10:20:39 PM): so who do you think is getting the axe tonight?
                        nforcer06164 (10:20:49 PM): Not a clue.
                        Iggy911Mc (10:21:54 PM): i think it might be me
                        nforcer06164 (10:22:16 PM): Why do you say that?
                        Iggy911Mc (10:22:33 PM): because most of the talking is being done between you and i
                        Iggy911Mc (10:22:40 PM): and youre a wolf so youre safe XD jk
                        nforcer06164 (10:22:54 PM): Hahaha. Man, I didn't like your resistance.
                        nforcer06164 (10:23:03 PM): And honestly, a lot of people are suspicious of it.
                        nforcer06164 (10:23:23 PM): This isn't a private matter... only Tokzic talked to me about it in IM. It's been all over the thread.
                        Iggy911Mc (10:23:42 PM): you talking about the seers?
                        Iggy911Mc (10:24:27 PM): i was thinking towrds the end that your plan could have worked if only 1 confirmed human came out
                        nforcer06164 (10:24:32 PM): I think the wolves will leave you alone because you're garnering suspicion.
                        Iggy911Mc (10:24:35 PM): i just assumed it would only work if two came out
                        nforcer06164 (10:24:50 PM): I don't think it would've worked with one.
                        nforcer06164 (10:24:55 PM): I knew it was risky.
                        nforcer06164 (10:25:03 PM): But I thought it was still worth a shot.
                        Iggy911Mc (10:28:44 PM): meh i didnt think that stringing a human for death was worth the shot
                        nforcer06164 (10:29:35 PM): Still, could've been the kamikaze.
                        nforcer06164 (10:29:44 PM): But it's a stretch, I know.

                        I didn't understand his reasoning for getting wolfed, but OK.

                        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                        Originally posted by Squeek
                        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                        Comment

                        • Wilkin
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 1800

                          #147
                          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                          1) Roundbox. I think offing hom was a pretty safe move, seeing as how he's still an unknown player on FFR, in addition to the classic Day 1 evience there was on him. Not much more to say there.

                          3) Afro. I thought the nforcer/Iggy conversations in the thread would've been more inviting for a wolfing of one of them, if for no other reason than to put mild suspicion on the other and cause confusion with any plans up in the air. Also, he did have some random suspicion on him by the end of yesterday, perhaps another reason to take him out right afterward.

                          3) The list doesn't look right with only two points. Well, it doesn't.
                          l
                          WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                          ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                          ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                          OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                          Comment

                          • rioting
                            FFR Player
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 113

                            #148
                            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                            Originally posted by Wilkin
                            3) Afro. I thought the nforcer/Iggy conversations in the thread would've been more inviting for a wolfing of one of them, if for no other reason than to put mild suspicion on the other and cause confusion with any plans up in the air. Also, he did have some random suspicion on him by the end of yesterday, perhaps another reason to take him out right afterward.
                            I’m not sure where you’re coming from on that. I don’t see why they would kill someone who's at risk of being lynched (which would do their job for them). Most people thought Afro was acting pretty human and the votes on him were mostly of the “safety” type. He seemed really human (or at least non-wolf) and I think that was confirmed by him being wolfed. I can see the wolves thinking: “Gee, people think Afro’s human, so it’ll be hard to call him a wolf. Let’s eat ‘im.” I tend to agree with Iggy on this:
                            Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                            I saw afro's accumilation of votes as such a band wagon coupled with safety votes and maybe a wolf in there trying to lynch someone human. If I had been here for the end day I may have even defended him. I would have been really mad if afro was lynched because he acted fairly human to me. Now everyone that confessed this yesterday probably contributed to his wolfing but that's a different story. After two people "safety voted" him, I knew his chances of being wolfed would go up despit him being in the running for the lynch.
                            FoJaR’s coming out is a good plan if we can get a larger alliance formed. He put himself at a little risk but if it leads to us joining the two seers, I think it’s worth the potential loss. Who knows, maybe he’s one of the Kamis in which case his coming out is a great plan. It seems we have sort of a hybrid of nforcer and iggy’s plans as far as building an alliance goes.

                            Now it’s time for JACK BAUER POWER HOUR. yaaarrr! bbl
                            sigpic Without irony, this signature wouldn't be funny.

                            Comment

                            • FoJaR
                              The Worst
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 2816

                              #149
                              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                              alright, i think it's important that we make this clear:

                              everyone who is NOT GOING TO COME TO ME post saying so.

                              and if your seer doesnt want you to come to me, they're probably a little furry in unseen places.

                              Comment

                              • StoicRoivaS
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2006
                                • 548

                                #150
                                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                                Originally posted by FoJaR
                                alright, i think it's important that we make this clear:

                                everyone who is NOT GOING TO COME TO ME post saying so.

                                and if your seer doesnt want you to come to me, they're probably a little furry in unseen places.
                                Um, won't this directly give away anyone attempting to contact you in private (as they should)? If you're asking for a list of "who's read my idea," that's different, but to ask who's going to come to you and who's not, openly, somewhat defeats the point, does it not?
                                Like the moon over
                                the day, my genius and brawn are
                                wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                                -Bowser

                                Comment

                                Working...