TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • StoicRoivaS
    FFR Player
    • May 2006
    • 548

    #61
    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

    Good in theory, but there's very little chance that'll work, and the wolf will just claim they "couldn't get on" or something.
    Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn are
    wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
    -Bowser

    Comment

    • Tokzic
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 6878

      #62
      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

      The point of the plan is that we try it. If it works, a 25% chance, then we basically have the game won for us. If it doesn't, we go with two seperate alliances, which is basically what you guys want to do anyway, so I don't see why you'd oppose it, or have another go. Like nforcer said, it's riskier the more we do it, but the possibility is still there.

      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

      Comment

      • iggymatrixcounter
        FFR Veteran
        • Nov 2003
        • 1924

        #63
        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

        Originally posted by Tokzic
        To prevent this, like I said, we should organize a time for all seereds to come out at once. This will prevent the red seer from dawdling and seeing if he can come out to his seered without risk to identity.

        AGRE/DISAGRE?
        I actually would think this would be the best way to do it if that is what happens but you have to garantee that they will be on on that time.
        lastfm
        PANDORA

        Comment

        • StoicRoivaS
          FFR Player
          • May 2006
          • 548

          #64
          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

          We definitely should try. How bout a time tomorrow evening when the most people will be on? Maybe the people that won't be on can find a way to get the info out or something.
          Like the moon over
          the day, my genius and brawn are
          wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
          -Bowser

          Comment

          • Tokzic
            FFR Player
            • May 2005
            • 6878

            #65
            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

            I have all of tomorrow off, so I'm fine with anytime.

            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #66
              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

              Originally posted by StoicRoivaS
              @afro:



              Odds aren't that bad. 2 red millers and 4 wolves, 33% of accidentally killing a red, 66% chance hitting a wolf. I'm not sure which I like better but I still don't think the wolves would go for public greens. Why waste a kill on a known non-blue? Yeah it's a confirmed out of the way, but in a two seer game I'd rather take my chances blue hunting. That's my guess anyways.
              o

              Well maybe push for the lynch seer'd reds (that is blindly push for them with mostly bs logic... not like it'd matter in the first few days with such a small "alliance" at the time) until the two alliances are put together, at which time I feel that finding greens should be the chief goal.

              Either way, I really don't like the idea of lynching someone JUST because they're seer'd red and that seems to be the plan that everyone else is pushing for. I'd rather build a team of humans and use process of elimination to choose who to lynch.

              And nforcer, don't be stupid. Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a wolf. Hell, should I vote for you because I don't like your plan? Obviously, that's not the best course of action here and it will only lead to revenge votes and bickering.

              Comment

              • StoicRoivaS
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 548

                #67
                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                Yeah, I don't think it should be instant lynch of reds. I'd rather seer at least a 3 person mini alliance be formed before the proverbial crap starts hitting the fan of proverbs. 66% isn't terrible, but it sets us back noticeably in the event that it's one of the millers (clearly). 2 seers is a huge deal, and with no master I think they can lay back for a little while and hopefully hit a green or two.
                Like the moon over
                the day, my genius and brawn are
                wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                -Bowser

                Comment

                • StoicRoivaS
                  FFR Player
                  • May 2006
                  • 548

                  #68
                  Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                  PS [/obvious]
                  Like the moon over
                  the day, my genius and brawn are
                  wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                  -Bowser

                  Comment

                  • FoJaR
                    The Worst
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 2816

                    #69
                    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                    afro

                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #70
                      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                      rofl@fojar

                      Comment

                      • FoJaR
                        The Worst
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 2816

                        #71
                        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                        zero errors, zero warnings.

                        Comment

                        • Kilgamayan
                          Super Scooter Happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 6583

                          #72
                          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                          I'm not so sure the wolves will go blue hunting at night as much as some people seem to think they will. Aside from the two seers, there's nothing interesting to shoot at. Not to mention there are also two proxy mines floating around, a complication not previously seen, as well as a couple of seer distractions in the form of red millers that I'm sure they'd rather stay alive if possible.

                          If I were a wolf and a confirmed human came out in the thread I'd kill them. Better than letting them keep their soap box and megaphone if the seer they're attached to finds me or one of my buddies in addition to the risk of blowing myself up overnight.

                          But that's just me.
                          Last edited by Kilgamayan; 01-26-2007, 02:08 AM.
                          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                          Comment

                          • xObserveRx
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 1148

                            #73
                            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                            I think Kilga hit the nail right on the head.

                            Most of us are worried about the wolves blue hunting which IS a concern for sure, but if you look at how the wolves SHOULD be playing this game, Killing ANYONE that's not a wolf is a benefit to them.

                            Nailing a blue would be nice, but when there's a 50/50 chance of the blue your seer saw is a kamikaze, it's really not the best option. Confirmed humans that have come out would be the safest and most likely best bets for wolf kills.

                            There's no getting around either having seers or their pawns come out, but at this point, it looks like that's the best option we have.
                            Come Play The Werewolf Game!

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #74
                              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                              Originally posted by xObserveRx
                              There's no getting around either having seers or their pawns come out, but at this point, it looks like that's the best option we have.
                              Um... It's called "let the alliance grow and use logic and deduction to try to find wolves." By the time endgame would be approaching, there should be a mason-like team of greens ready to pick off those who haven't been seer'd green.

                              By the way, did you guys know that typing on a wiimote can get really annoying, especially when you decide to use formatting like I did above, or when you go into a long sentence explaining that wii typing can get to be annoying.

                              Comment

                              • JurseyRider734
                                lil j the bad b-word
                                • Aug 2003
                                • 7507

                                #75
                                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                                I agree with the whole "humans coming out at one time" deal, but doing this could also not work out in our favor. Say the wolf seer saw a human, one seer saw a human, and one seer saw a red. Most likely either one or two of the humans would actually come out and say they were seen, and it would be hard to distinguish if one human "belonged" to the wolf seer or not. In the event that the wolf seer WON'T go to their human they saw (they most likely won't, because it would be too easy for them to get caught...) only one human would come out. Still, there could be the possibility the two human seers saw reds and the one wolf seer saw a human, and used that advantage to get into an alliance. I'm betting on the human seers not even going to that human for fear of getting involved in an alliance that includes a wolf.
                                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                                Comment

                                Working...