TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FoJaR
    The Worst
    • Nov 2005
    • 2816

    #151
    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

    whoops.

    i mean everyone post that they're not going to come to me, even if you have, but only if you already have, not if you're planning on it... like saying "not the seer", only in this case the seer would say it too.

    just a count of people who have seen my post basically.

    Comment

    • JurseyRider734
      lil j the bad b-word
      • Aug 2003
      • 7507

      #152
      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

      Uh...not the seer?
      Originally posted by Arch0wl
      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

      Comment

      • nforcer06164
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2003
        • 4772

        #153
        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

        Why? If nobody contacts you, then you know that the other seer doesn't trust you or hasn't seen a green. Just be patient.

        PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
        Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
        Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

        Originally posted by Squeek
        My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

        Comment

        • Shashakiro
          TWO THOUZAND COMBO
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2005
          • 9082

          #154
          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

          All this blue abuse is massively disinteresting me, so you won't really find me having much to give about strategies and risks and whether there's a 52.8% chance of success or failure or whatever. Which is one of the reasons I've been so quiet this game.

          That being said, since the seers in this game are relatively useless as far as finding wolves is concerned anyway (1/3 red results are fake), we really ought to be focusing on, y'know, other ways of finding wolves, such as suspicious posts and votes and all that jazz.

          So I'm gonna throw out a vote for xObserveRx now, 'cause his vote on roundbox looked pretty wolfy and somewhat bandwagony to me...and that's all.
          4th Official FFR Tournament - Master division champion!

          Originally posted by Boogiebear
          use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

          Comment

          • FoJaR
            The Worst
            • Nov 2005
            • 2816

            #155
            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

            Originally posted by nforcer06164
            Why? If nobody contacts you, then you know that the other seer doesn't trust you or hasn't seen a green. Just be patient.
            just dont want wolves playing silent until late day.

            Comment

            • StoicRoivaS
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 548

              #156
              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

              Originally posted by FoJaR
              just dont want wolves playing silent until late day.
              *cough*Shash*cough*
              Like the moon over
              the day, my genius and brawn are
              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
              -Bowser

              Comment

              • StoicRoivaS
                FFR Player
                • May 2006
                • 548

                #157
                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                If Iggy, Nforcer, or FoJar would like a bit of explanation I'll be sure to walk them through it on aim after classes. The rest of you...
                Like the moon over
                the day, my genius and brawn are
                wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                -Bowser

                Comment

                • nforcer06164
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 4772

                  #158
                  Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                  Originally posted by FoJaR
                  just dont want wolves playing silent until late day.
                  I'm sure that I can trust that or if it's the way to go... but sure, I'm not a seer or seer'd.

                  Hey, blah hasn't really been helpful, has he? I expect better of him.

                  Stoic, I'll be sure to talk to you tonight if I get some free time.

                  PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                  Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                  Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                  Originally posted by Squeek
                  My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                  Comment

                  • iggymatrixcounter
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 1924

                    #159
                    Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                    I agree with nforcer, no one should post anything about not being seer or whatever. That's a dumb jtwg strategy that crawled into this game. If you're a seer, your interest in the game is spiked and therefore you can assume that the seer has seen your post fojar. (Besides he may have to talk it over or maybe he's just waiting for the end of the day to come. He doesn't have to respond immediately.)

                    Originally posted by shash
                    1)That being said, since the seers in this game are relatively useless as far as finding wolves is concerned anyway (1/3 red results are fake), 2)we really ought to be focusing on, y'know, other ways of finding wolves, such as suspicious posts and votes and all that jazz.
                    1) I do not agree. While the chances are 1/3 that they are wrong, we also have twice any many chances to seer which means that trying to get these seers working in the best possible way is the best possible way to get wolves IMO.

                    2) This is good too, I'm not saying that all we do is blue talk and then vote because day is over. Behind the scenes I talk to people about wolf kills, player tendencies, and other things. Don't just think that because everything on the thread is blue talk that there isn't anything else being done. I just feel like asking what people thought about the kill publically distorts what people will say in an AIM convo and so some personal opinions I want (and go get) exclusively from AIM.

                    Course I've been lacking information I usually get because I haven't been on at RL night when most of the players are on. But in principle that's what I do on a fairly normal basis.
                    lastfm
                    PANDORA

                    Comment

                    • StoicRoivaS
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2006
                      • 548

                      #160
                      Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                      If it needs to be said for the purists...

                      I'm not coming to you (FoJar). [/shock]
                      Like the moon over
                      the day, my genius and brawn are
                      wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                      -Bowser

                      Comment

                      • StoicRoivaS
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2006
                        • 548

                        #161
                        Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                        Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                        I agree with nforcer, no one should post anything about not being seer or whatever. That's a dumb jtwg strategy that crawled into this game. If you're a seer, your interest in the game is spiked and therefore you can assume that the seer has seen your post fojar. (Besides he may have to talk it over or maybe he's just waiting for the end of the day to come. He doesn't have to respond immediately.)
                        You should watch your wording here. It IS mildly important the seer (pawn) come before day is over. It is not important that they come asap, but the risk involved does go way up when night comes and FoJar has a reasaonably large chance to be wolfed. FoJar is basically painting himself as a potential target to unite the two groups. Don't misunderstand Iggy here, if you wait to come to FoJar, he'll possibly be dead, and we'll have a human gone for nothing. Again, it doesn't have to be now, just before nightfall preferably.
                        Like the moon over
                        the day, my genius and brawn are
                        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                        -Bowser

                        Comment

                        • iggymatrixcounter
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Nov 2003
                          • 1924

                          #162
                          Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                          No it doesn't, everyone stop doing it.

                          Realize that nforcer and I just agreed on that matter. That means that for once we are thinking the same thing. That doesn't happen very often but when it does, everyone should take that into consideration.

                          And why would I need a clarification on your vote? When did I get dragged into this. You need a scapegoat in case someone calls you on it? XD.

                          Even though only a handful of people seem to be playing right now, anyone else's thoughts have just as much weight as an active person. If we let on this feeling that "It doesn't matter if I post because I'm inactive" air, then everyone will stop posting. Course you can still expect to get flamed if someone doesn't agree but if it's a good idea, who cares who said it.
                          lastfm
                          PANDORA

                          Comment

                          • iggymatrixcounter
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 1924

                            #163
                            Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                            Argh the "no it doesn't" refers to stoic's purist post about people coming out saying they aren't seer.
                            lastfm
                            PANDORA

                            Comment

                            • iggymatrixcounter
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 1924

                              #164
                              Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                              Originally posted by StoicRoivaS
                              It IS mildly important the seer (pawn) come before day is over.
                              Normally I would agree but there is night posting so as long as it's not 1 hour before day starts then exactly when they come out isn't too much of a matter. I'm sure fojar's group did all the calculations of everything so they're ready (which is why he came out) but the other group has to do all the calculating for themsleves too and with a possible 3 people to do this with, it could take a long time.

                              But as a reminder day does end at midnight tonight.
                              lastfm
                              PANDORA

                              Comment

                              • StoicRoivaS
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2006
                                • 548

                                #165
                                Re: TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!

                                Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                                And why would I need a clarification on your vote? When did I get dragged into this. You need a scapegoat in case someone calls you on it? XD.
                                It was sarcasm, as in, "If you other 3 people playing this game with me would like more detail as to what I'm thinking, I'll give it to you." Basically a subtle way of wishing/thinking aloud that more than just a few people were posting.

                                Night posting, right, lame. Yeah, hopefully the point comes across all the same, do not wait until the next daybreak. I think the take-home message would have been clear even to JWC but, yes, you are right.



                                P.S. <3 JWC<3
                                Like the moon over
                                the day, my genius and brawn are
                                wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                                -Bowser

                                Comment

                                Working...