TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hakulyte
    aka Haku
    • Jul 2005
    • 4697

    #1126
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    Originally posted by Gradiant
    Huh
    Yesterday I stared at your post saying "Funny" with nothing else for 2 hours, hoping you were reading everything and about to write some kind of read or something.

    You left the thread.

    ='(

    Comment

    • botchi246
      Keepin it Real since '05
      • Mar 2005
      • 619

      #1127
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      Id at least like to know gradiants top scum leans if nothing else. Charu whats up with you? What do you think about haku and zenith

      Comment

      • Gradiant
        FFR's Resident Trashpanda
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2012
        • 1100

        #1128
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by _Zenith_
        I won't apologize that you and botchi are literally the same person and extremely easy to read without much inspecting.

        I have to sit down and try for a solid 20 minutes in pure isolation to determine reads on harder players, but with you two I could spend a few minutes of skimming and understand what you are through your own dialogue.

        To me you coming back with more, lengthier posts slightly hints you are trying way too hard after a shitty start. #SorryNotSorry


        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        Plus he's been extremely neutral on the point of the slip I proposed, as if he's not willing to commit to either narrative
        It's the first day, I never have completely solid opnions this early. I did say I was leaning more new player that hadn't read the setup and I'm currently sticking with that and not voting him.

        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
        although if MML flips red I think gradiant is a bit suspect
        Alright
        Originally posted by _Zenith_
        Gradiant
        Originally posted by _Zenith_
        Unvote
        Funny
        Originally posted by thesunfan
        Gradiant- Scumlean on Charu is interesting, and makes me a little happy, was hoping Charu cared more about it but eh. Don't care too much for his defense of MML. Wish he would do more things. The only thing he's done that I haven't liked is the way that he's talked to Ben has been different from the way he's talked to all the other players. No strong feelings, I feel like I should have stronger feelings at this point but I don't have enough from him, so a very thin wolf lean.

        AA had you null leaning town until you did a few things, namely, quote a post with "l m f a o" which is the kind of thing you rarely see a wolf have as a reaction. If you're a wolf, well done for having that reaction. Probably town, might be playing a good wolf game but seems to care enough about the game to where I'd put you in my town circle and not lose sleep over it.

        Zenith I already talked about. This is not his wolf meta, is the tl;dr. This \might\ change on later days, but of course, cross that bridge when we come to it, should we come to it.

        ben has had good points when he has come in. I've thought about breaking my rule on isoing to go back over his posts, and I might do it before the phase ends to be honest. His thoughts seem original enough, but the way he plays the game will probably not give me satisfaction. I'll go over him before the phase ends to get a stronger feel.

        Charu still bothers me. Only thing he did that I liked was when he commented something like "carry on guys I'm just messing around" in small font. Either don't care for or dislike everything else he's done this game. Would lynch aorn

        MML I go back and forth on. I've liked some of his earlier comments, and the part where he said something like "It'd suck to be out of the game (if I got lynched)" is what I was hoping a townie-MML would say, because its not the type of thing a newer wolf would say, because of the impact of a guilty conscience. Something like "I am a wolf"->"The goal of town is to lynch wolves."->"Since I am new, and probably easily caught as a wolf, I wouldn't feel that bad if I died early". Or something like that. I might be trying too hard. Very thin town lean on him.

        DBP I would kill I might move my vote from lurker onto DBP if LURKER WOULD DO SOMETHING. DBP doesn't play this way as town imo.

        rzr could be a wolf but I think he's town. He's doing a weird "I'm about to confront another player" thing but then doesn't actually do it. I don't follow his read on Charu at all. But eh. His bigger post was alright and he had a reaction at the end of the argument with Zenith where he was clearly frustrated... I think that the last thing was townie... but he could do it as a wolf. I'll put him in town but he'll have to work to maintain that position.

        choof shouldn't die unless he claims SK, which is the only antitown role I can see him having.

        botchi is probably town. He seems to want to play the game, which is really nice.

        Haku I also go back and forth on. Original though most of the time, but I have trouble following it. Had a post about DBP recently that I liked. Wouldn't kill this phase unless they have some worse posts, really. Might be a wolf, will have to see more.

        lurker is annoying me. I don't care what he flips aorn. I have to think that this is wolfy play, even though between you me and everyone else, I don't really. Fuck what he's doing its pissing me off and I don't care if he dies aorn.

        Town (in no real order)
        choof
        AA
        botchi
        Zenith
        rzr

        anti-town (again, no real order)
        charu
        lurker
        DBP
        maaaaaaaaybe Gradiant

        something like this is where I'm at aorn
        Why are you happy about me thinking Charu's shitposting this time around is more wolfy? I don't remember you ever stating an opinion on his shitposting, only asking me. Also based on the shitposting, wasn't expecting much out of him either as a response, not sure why you were.

        As for Ben, not sure where you're getting that my one post in response to him was any different than the rest of my posts in that multiquote I made.

        Are you going back on forth with mml being town or wolf, leaning more town? or just town or null?

        Share similar mindset on Haku, rzr, botchi, and backpack (minus the lurker part as I'm gutthinking he just doesn't give a shit and he'd be a mislynch that wouldn't give us much info as the votes on him are somewhat warranted).

        My opinion on Choof that was in my response to Ben has stayed the same. I'm not going either way for him at the moment as I know he's completely capable of being aggressive like that as both roles and I'm pretty sure I've seen him use that same style of posting as both roles as well.

        Originally posted by _Zenith_
        Sweet, can't wait to tell you the truth
        Alright

        Towns for me right now:
        Botchi, Sunfan, Rzr
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        AA and Zenith I'm reading as null, slightly wolf as something about their posts just aren't sitting right with me. AA's activity is high sure, but I know he's capable of doing the same as a wolf (flamewars game). They are also doing this thing in responses to eachother sort of like 'oh i'm not sure' but then later in the post 'yeah I can kinda see that point', giving the feel of 2 townies bouncing ideas between eachother but to me it feels somewhat constructed so I'm weary. Weak read that I'm keeping in mind for later phases or based on the results of whatever flip we get this phase.

        Lurker I don't like, but haven't played enough games with him to know if his not caring is usual or if it's because he got a role he didn't like. I'd rather him die next phase though depending on if he keeps the same style of gameplay or if somebody is incriminated by this phase's flip.

        Ben's null as every game I've played with him he's inactive and then makes a couple posts with decent thoughts so I can't pair how he's playing to either role. He'd have to post more.

        Comment

        • Gradiant
          FFR's Resident Trashpanda
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 1100

          #1129
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          Lurker also got really close to lynch early which included people just voting for him without much of anything else iirc, which is making me weary of voting for him this phase.

          Comment

          • Charu
            Snivy! Dohoho!
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 6207

            #1130
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            Gradiant.


            Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
            Charu the red-nosed Snivy
            Had a very shiny nose
            And if you ever saw it
            You could even say it glows

            All of the other Snivies
            Used to laugh and call him names
            They never let poor Charu
            Join in any Snivy games

            (Click the arrow to see the rest)


            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

            Comment

            • Gradiant
              FFR's Resident Trashpanda
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2012
              • 1100

              #1131
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              Still not sure who i'd like to vote for though to be honest. Between Zenith, AA (I know nobody's gonna go with these two though since apparently they're super town), ben, backpack. Want to wait on lurker and Charu. My gut with Charu is similar to Zenith/AA but Zenith or AA's flip would give more information based on more activity or more arguing with other players than Charu's majority of shiposting.

              Comment

              • Gradiant
                FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2012
                • 1100

                #1132
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                Originally posted by Charu
                Gradiant.
                Yeah

                Comment

                • Gradiant
                  FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 1100

                  #1133
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Forgot MML in that town list oops

                  Comment

                  • Charu
                    Snivy! Dohoho!
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 6207

                    #1134
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    Gradiant


                    Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
                    Charu the red-nosed Snivy
                    Had a very shiny nose
                    And if you ever saw it
                    You could even say it glows

                    All of the other Snivies
                    Used to laugh and call him names
                    They never let poor Charu
                    Join in any Snivy games

                    (Click the arrow to see the rest)


                    Originally posted by Vendetta21
                    All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

                    Comment

                    • _Zenith_
                      Accuracy Player
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4629

                      #1135
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      Originally posted by Gradiant
                      Still not sure who i'd like to vote for though to be honest. Between Zenith, AA (I know nobody's gonna go with these two though since apparently they're super town), ben, backpack. Want to wait on lurker and Charu. My gut with Charu is similar to Zenith/AA but Zenith or AA's flip would give more information based on more activity or more arguing with other players than Charu's majority of shiposting.
                      This is solid.

                      A little shocked you threw ben in here but I'm gonna assume he is in there because you need to see him post more?





                      Comment

                      • botchi246
                        Keepin it Real since '05
                        • Mar 2005
                        • 619

                        #1136
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        The only questiob about your reads list gradiant is about zenith and aa. Does either of them stick out to you? Who is more acum in your opinion? I did have a small doubt in the back of my mind about there back and forth, but the town flow of it outweighed it. You voiced it though and it would be interesting to get another player's opinion on it.

                        Comment

                        • rzr
                          TWG Veteran
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 7608

                          #1137
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          Originally posted by Charu
                          Gradiant
                          Charu throw a color meme plz I'm phone posting

                          Originally posted by darkshark
                          Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                          Originally posted by aperson
                          i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                          Originally posted by Sprite-
                          More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                          Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                          yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                          i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                          Comment

                          • botchi246
                            Keepin it Real since '05
                            • Mar 2005
                            • 619

                            #1138
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Wow i suck at phoneposting

                            Comment

                            • botchi246
                              Keepin it Real since '05
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 619

                              #1139
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              Goddamimit, I swear i dont know how this keeps happening with the like posts

                              Comment

                              • Gradiant
                                FFR's Resident Trashpanda
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 1100

                                #1140
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                Ben I'm more used to seeing inactive as a wolf than town, so I suppose he's more in the same position as lurker for me. Though the wagon on lurker is making me think mislynch whereas nobody's been on ben as far as I can tell.

                                Comment

                                Working...