TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rzr
    TWG Veteran
    • Oct 2007
    • 7608

    #901
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    @rzr the benguin post you linked where you say you call yourself town but also call Charu town doesn't quite line up for me... you say that you're town I follow you that far, but then you say the Charu is just playing the Charu game and that nothing he's done so far is too indicative regarding his meta.

    What is "the Charu game" to you and maybe walk me through how you meant that as a townread because I don't see it
    I have a tendency to clear/condemn Charu quickly since our game as scum partners. Charu's tone is, imo, generally not alignment indicative. It's the direction he steers himself. Charu would live to sit back and troll the whole game, but only in certain circumstances have I actually seen him do that. One was as PR, the other as his partner. I think the direction Charu is at right now is more neutral/trolly than anti-town/trolly. As anti-town I believe he is capable of making more wide-spread interrogations, keeping town from lockig onto a player to pressure.

    tl;dr: charu tunneling = charu town for me. On an individual player I mean, ofc.

    Originally posted by darkshark
    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
    Originally posted by aperson
    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

    Originally posted by Sprite-
    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

    Comment

    • AragakiAyase
      Waifus
      • Apr 2015
      • 961

      #902
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      I'm not liking rzr's big post because while he comments on a lot of things and makes observations, he doesn't follow that up with analysis and how said events make a player being a certain alignment more likely

      for example

      when he's picking at MML's posts, he says he doesn't like them over and over but doesn't come to a conclusion or even a guess at MML's alignment. Do you think he's a wolf trying to seem town? do you think he's a town who's new and confused? this is pretty true for most of his big post

      then he drops this

      Originally posted by rzr
      I also don't understand what town seems to gain information-wise with me, lurker, or botchi dead, since we seem to have the least interactions. Though I don't have any true suspects yet myself either.
      gaining information is nice, but lynching wolves is nicer. I still think you and lurker are scummy (no longer botchi). you said this early on in your post that you don't have any true suspects, by the end of your post did you? do you now?

      pikakirby123 reincarnated





      Comment

      • rzr
        TWG Veteran
        • Oct 2007
        • 7608

        #903
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
        how is this self-pres

        I don't even need to self-pres at this point, I'm just pointing out my lynch targets
        I wasn't talking about "at this point" I was talking about "at that point" a day or 2 ago

        Originally posted by darkshark
        Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
        Originally posted by aperson
        i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

        Originally posted by Sprite-
        More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
        Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
        yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

        i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

        Comment

        • _Zenith_
          Accuracy Player
          • Mar 2011
          • 4629

          #904
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          Originally posted by rzr
          Zenith saying a botchi/rzr/MML lynch sounds good after a lurker lynch.
          Entirely false.

          I only state that imo lurker will flip VT and you and botchi are failsafe lynches.





          Comment

          • _Zenith_
            Accuracy Player
            • Mar 2011
            • 4629

            #905
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            Originally posted by AragakiAyase
            how is this self-pres

            I don't even need to self-pres at this point, I'm just pointing out my lynch targets
            I agree with this post, AA isn't tied for most votes last I remember.





            Comment

            • rzr
              TWG Veteran
              • Oct 2007
              • 7608

              #906
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              Before this starts into a full fledged argument, let me say this, AA:

              I've stated already I think MML is the best lynch. Just reading the big post puts everything into 1 category for you, and you need to see everything else that has been posted by us.

              The quote you pull out is weird, you accuse me of not following up on my concerns too.
              1. I've said I'm not done with my analysis, about 25 posts back I said I was working on a reads list, I've given hot reads and opinions, if you want to say I didn't follow up on something specific state that please.
              Otherwise, I've brought to light my suspicions and opinions from the first few days here. If I'd posted my reads list and I had nothing substantial then you could attack me, this seems premature and defensive.

              And then this is just a low-ball
              Originally posted by AA
              gaining information is nice, but lynching wolves is nicer. I still think you and lurker are scummy (no longer botchi). you said this early on in your post that you don't have any true suspects, by the end of your post did you? do you now?
              So you can follow the timeline of my post when it suits you I see. I do have suspects, I've stated my suspicions, and I will post my read list when I'm ready.

              For the sake of not turning me into another lost cause here, can someone give examples of why you guys "still think I'm scummy?"

              Name a game, any game we've played so far, where people say "rzr is scummy for this" "rzr is scummy for that" and it was actually a trait of mine that was scummy?
              It's not, and, and there haven't been any. Sorry this sounds defensive, it bothers me a bit

              Originally posted by darkshark
              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
              Originally posted by aperson
              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

              Originally posted by Sprite-
              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #907
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                Originally posted by _Zenith_
                I agree with this post, AA isn't tied for most votes last I remember.
                Originally posted by rzr
                I wasn't talking about "at this point" I was talking about "at that point" a day or 2 ago
                Someone comment on that please. I didn't say he's trying to self preserve now, he has nothing to worry about if anyone's seen the vote count. I said clearly he was self preserving then, and if I have to reiterate the entire part of that post that would be kinda sad

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • AragakiAyase
                  Waifus
                  • Apr 2015
                  • 961

                  #908
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Originally posted by thesunfan
                  I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to like Botchi for his bit at the end where he's all "I am town I want to be productive as town so I made this post look at this post I made it because I want to be good town."

                  rest of the post is a-ok though
                  I don't see reason to read too much into it, I interpreted it as being satisfied after making his biggest post ever and he wants to see how people respond

                  pikakirby123 reincarnated





                  Comment

                  • Hakulyte
                    aka Haku
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 4697

                    #909
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    I think you're two towns fighting each others for no reason and having a disagreement on posting style.
                    I can't defend one side because you're both the same side to me.

                    *shrugs*

                    Comment

                    • AragakiAyase
                      Waifus
                      • Apr 2015
                      • 961

                      #910
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      not quite finished catching up but I'm seeing a lot of people throw MML around as the lynch for today and I don't like it. He seems like the easy lynch here and here's why: MML is a new player so no one has a feel for his posting style. Different players have different posting styles, some more scummy than others, some more towny than others. We have no meta for him so we don't know what his standard gameplay is, and if, as a new player, you slip up and say stuff that makes you look scummy you can be buried very quickly. He's said a lot of scummy stuff and done a lot of scummy stuff but it still feels like people are burying him and I'm not sure I like that.

                      What's different is that he's often seemed uncooperative which is a much better indicator of alignment with regards to a new player, but I still think we should kill lurker, rzr, or perhaps benguin

                      pikakirby123 reincarnated





                      Comment

                      • _Zenith_
                        Accuracy Player
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 4629

                        #911
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        Originally posted by rzr
                        Someone comment on that please. I didn't say he's trying to self preserve now, he has nothing to worry about if anyone's seen the vote count. I said clearly he was self preserving then, and if I have to reiterate the entire part of that post that would be kinda sad
                        lmao to you thinking that was a self-pres attempt because even at that mentioned point in time it clearly wasn't self-pres.

                        AA argued. He didn't vote the next closest person to tie votes or do remotely of the sort.





                        Comment

                        • AragakiAyase
                          Waifus
                          • Apr 2015
                          • 961

                          #912
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          also MML has been seeming a bit more towny lately so I'm much less sure about lynching him today, especially when the majority of people can say regardless of flip "but he was playing so scummy so we thought he was wolfing"

                          pikakirby123 reincarnated





                          Comment

                          • AragakiAyase
                            Waifus
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 961

                            #913
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Originally posted by rzr
                            Someone comment on that please. I didn't say he's trying to self preserve now, he has nothing to worry about if anyone's seen the vote count. I said clearly he was self preserving then, and if I have to reiterate the entire part of that post that would be kinda sad
                            I should have been more clear

                            when I said "this" i meant at that point in time, at no point in the game have i ever needed to self-pres and at no point in the game have I ever self-presed

                            pikakirby123 reincarnated





                            Comment

                            • rzr
                              TWG Veteran
                              • Oct 2007
                              • 7608

                              #914
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              Originally posted by Zenith
                              I don't have to even isolate a single post to accurately read these two
                              Originally posted by Zenith
                              rzr: I don't really have to read many of your posts because you constantly put your foot in your mouth.
                              Glad to see you're paying attention to looking for scum and not your usual narrow minded tunnel vision. These two quotes are why I'm not bothering to reply to you. I read everything that comes out of your keyboard because it's relevant to the game and analyzing you as a player. If you can't be bother to do the same then I'm literally wasting my time talking to you.
                              Zenith, you have a knack for looking at things from a certain POV and sticking with that. It's detrimental to this game if you're actually interested in the changing opinions and fluxuation of the game.

                              yeahh.. nothing personal fyi, just don't think you're worth talking to if you don't think I'm worth a thought either

                              Originally posted by darkshark
                              Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                              Originally posted by aperson
                              i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                              Originally posted by Sprite-
                              More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                              i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                              Comment

                              • AragakiAyase
                                Waifus
                                • Apr 2015
                                • 961

                                #915
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                Originally posted by rzr
                                Before this starts into a full fledged argument, let me say this, AA:

                                I've stated already I think MML is the best lynch. Just reading the big post puts everything into 1 category for you, and you need to see everything else that has been posted by us.

                                The quote you pull out is weird, you accuse me of not following up on my concerns too.
                                1. I've said I'm not done with my analysis, about 25 posts back I said I was working on a reads list, I've given hot reads and opinions, if you want to say I didn't follow up on something specific state that please.
                                Otherwise, I've brought to light my suspicions and opinions from the first few days here. If I'd posted my reads list and I had nothing substantial then you could attack me, this seems premature and defensive.

                                And then this is just a low-ball

                                So you can follow the timeline of my post when it suits you I see. I do have suspects, I've stated my suspicions, and I will post my read list when I'm ready.

                                For the sake of not turning me into another lost cause here, can someone give examples of why you guys "still think I'm scummy?"

                                Name a game, any game we've played so far, where people say "rzr is scummy for this" "rzr is scummy for that" and it was actually a trait of mine that was scummy?
                                It's not, and, and there haven't been any. Sorry this sounds defensive, it bothers me a bit
                                did you say you still had more analysis to do? I missed that

                                I'll say it again, but my issue is that you don't seem to be following up very strongly on all of your observations. For the most part, you make them and then leave them. It's more summary than analysis and the latter is what we need to see. anyone can summarize something but the content of your analysis and your reasons for making certain conclusions are what help to determine your alignment

                                I think you're scummy because I'm not seeing any paranoia/doubt in your posts. You seem much more sure of yourself and comfortable in your reads which I don't remember seeing in any of your town games. In your town games you always have at least one wild tinfoil scenario. I also don't see your usual incessant questioning in an attempt to get reads on people and gather information, you only question/probe when pressured. (I said most of this in an earlier post)

                                pikakirby123 reincarnated





                                Comment

                                Working...