TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AragakiAyase
    Waifus
    • Apr 2015
    • 961

    #1201
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    I didn't catch anything that lead me to believe that. Thoughts?
    reuben gets pushed on by dbp

    sunfan pushes on dbp, says reuben has some good points (which I don't really see)

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Also while I am at it, AA: Do you have anything to say about my point that you didn't seem to interact that much with Botchi but are seem to be giving him an all-clear?
    I read his big post, I've never seen him post like that before. while this means it could have come from a wolf or town, I didn't see anything to make me think he's a wolf from it. I said I agreed with most of his points and was able to understand where he was coming from even where I disagreed with him, hence pretty much never lynch

    pikakirby123 reincarnated





    Comment

    • AragakiAyase
      Waifus
      • Apr 2015
      • 961

      #1202
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      botchi seemed somewhat scummy early on but the big post really swung it for me

      pikakirby123 reincarnated





      Comment

      • YoshL
        Celestial Harbor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2008
        • 6156

        #1203
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Votes from post 1 to post 1202
        Night in 19:35:40

        ---


        Originally posted by Charu
        Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

        Comment

        • AragakiAyase
          Waifus
          • Apr 2015
          • 961

          #1204
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          oh apparently my vote is on sunfan, it might be ok there though

          pikakirby123 reincarnated





          Comment

          • Hakulyte
            aka Haku
            • Jul 2005
            • 4697

            #1205
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            This is for MML:

            Alright, let me throw you a pile of words with not too much content but enough to have everyone have some fun with me. Don't mind me, I'm just following "my meta", take what you can and ask more questions if you need to~

            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            Haku I am calling you out brohan

            You're actions make no sense, you claim they make no sense, you accuse/vote people outta the blue and then claim that you don't even care if people join you, you claim there's an underlying scheme at one point then there it's all random---just what the hell man? Are we not trying to hunt wolves? Can we not just hunt us some wolves? Can you give reasons for your points past "wel er em..."?
            Okay okay, you're completely right. LET'S DO A WOLF HUNT SIMULATION!

            HEY GUYS, LET'S HUNT A WOLF!
            IT'S DAY 1!
            I DON'T CARE!
            I'M CONFIDENT, THAT FOOK IS GOING DOWN! #hi Charu

            Alright, who's the Wolf MML? Who's the target?

            HAKU IS THE TARGET?

            HIS GAME IS SHEEEEET, HE DOESN'T MAKE SENSE?
            Awesome, I like this, let's see what the others think:

            Gradiant thinks my play with choof was constructed.
            Charu thinks I'm a fook!
            reuben_tate politely mention that im a safe lynch.
            Lurker thinks im bad at stepmania.
            DaBackPack mention interesting points but ends up following the bandwagon.
            choof says he's a SK, but he would be happy if I die without him wasting a night action on me.
            botchi/rzr follow up, we reach 7+ votes!

            YoshL announces that I'm dead.

            I was a Wolf!

            Awesome!
            *everyone claps their hands and tell you how great your call was*

            All of you rejoice, except my wolf buddy who's facepalming in a corner.

            You read all my shit once again with "I'm a wolf" in mind and suddenly the game gets really interesting and continue on etc. etc.

            This is exactly, what you want to see happen.

            The problem is that if I flip town well, oops.
            ..but it's not that bad! I actually posted a lot of stuff!

            The question is "did I post anything that would help you" in the next phase of the game "more than the other players" if I died?

            If the answer is yes and if that yes outweight everything that everyone else posted. The game should be in a decent place even if I rolled Town!

            Now, the reason why my actions don't make sense is that, it's because I'm trying to make -everyone- (yes, even you lurker) talk so we get more information and be able to target that person that will give the most help to solve the game.

            I'm trying to do actions that helps solve the game regardless of how it makes me look like. This is bad, don't do it, but I'm following my meta of my previous game! *whoa I thought Haku was posting random shit*

            This is a playstyle, this is not how you should play, this is how I'm playing.

            So yeah, this is why I don't need to defend myself and can be a circus clown and ignore allegiance etc. (just kidding, I actually have to post serious things too once in a while so people don't lynch me for being useless)

            As long as I contribute to the progress of this game, it should relatively guarantee me some sort of safety on Day phase.

            In that particular context, I claimed that my actions makes no sense because I don't consider them important as a discussion itself.

            I was trying to make the flow of the game go in a certain direction to hopefully help everyone. (Huh, what you think choof? reuben_tate? DaBackPack? Lurker? Gradiant? etc. etc. )

            If you have some reason to think that I'm just here to deceive you all and lynch you one by one. Gather some players, talk about it and lynch me.

            Simple.

            Okay, you can ask questions now.

            tl;dr: Actions aren't alignment indicative, how you post and what you do yourself are.
            You've probably seen Charu calling out rzr at the beginning of the game, it's the exact same idea with me.

            So yeah, you want to hunt a wolf? Do a call! Tell us "Haku don't make sense, should we lynch him now", "give a few arguments" and check what they others have to say, get to some consensus and there we go.

            The reason why I'm not personally hunting a wolf right now is because it's Day 1 and I'm still in the process of fishing information. If we hunt a wolf, it's most likely going to be tomorrow.

            Comment

            • AragakiAyase
              Waifus
              • Apr 2015
              • 961

              #1206
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              actually, posts/actions aren't what's alignment indicative. what's alignment indicative is the intentions behind posts/actions, but that's hard to figure out by itself so we use posts/actions to try and determine those intentions

              pikakirby123 reincarnated





              Comment

              • AragakiAyase
                Waifus
                • Apr 2015
                • 961

                #1207
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                haku's post seems like annoyed town

                pikakirby123 reincarnated





                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #1208
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Originally posted by Hakulyte

                  The reason why I'm not personally hunting a wolf right now is because it's Day 1 and I'm still in the process of fishing information. If we hunt a wolf, it's most likely going to be tomorrow.
                  I fundamentally disagree with this mindset that it's not important that we lynch a wolf, but beyond that I guess I don't have anything else to add for the moment other then I wish you wouldn't act as if I called you a wolf at least until the point I actually do so (if I do at all).

                  Well, take joy that you did succeed in getting a reaction from me at least. Maybe there's something to that after all...
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #1209
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                    actually, posts/actions aren't what's alignment indicative. what's alignment indicative is the intentions behind posts/actions, but that's hard to figure out by itself so we use posts/actions to try and determine those intentions
                    This is definitely an easier game IRL due to this. The few times I played I relied heavily on reading body language and that simply doesn't jive with the forum set-up we got.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • Hakulyte
                      aka Haku
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 4697

                      #1210
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      I fundamentally disagree with this mindset that it's not important that we lynch a wolf
                      Sure let me do that with current hot read:

                      My top lynch target is still reuben_tate.

                      - Low implication to solve the game.
                      - doesn't seems to care as much about the game while reading "his contributions".
                      - Started his most recent post by "I just realized that im stupid and discredited himself".

                      I feel like I'm watching a wolf pretending to be a town who's not at ease with the game.

                      Intentions are kept unclear, but he's somehow slightly active.

                      I really wanted to see him justify himself a little more, but he left the thread at that critical moment.

                      I don't like it. What do you think?

                      Comment

                      • Hakulyte
                        aka Haku
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 4697

                        #1211
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
                        haku's post seems like annoyed town
                        That was the original idea.

                        I'm not supposed to be hard to read, but my intentions can change dramatically from one post to another.

                        Comment

                        • Hakulyte
                          aka Haku
                          • Jul 2005
                          • 4697

                          #1212
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          I wish you wouldn't act as if I called you a wolf at least until the point I actually do so (if I do at all).
                          Oh, don't take it personal. I'm not trying to force you to paint me one color over another. I was just bored.

                          Comment

                          • MixMasterLar
                            Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 5403

                            #1213
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Originally posted by Hakulyte
                            Sure let me do that with current hot read:

                            My top lynch target is still reuben_tate.

                            - Low implication to solve the game.
                            - doesn't seems to care as much about the game while reading "his contributions".
                            - Started his most recent post by "I just realized that im stupid and discredited himself".

                            I feel like I'm watching a wolf pretending to be a town who's not at ease with the game.

                            Intentions are kept unclear, but he's somehow slightly active.

                            I really wanted to see him justify himself a little more, but he left the thread at that critical moment.

                            I don't like it. What do you think?
                            No, most of these are reasons to throw suspicion on someone. I wasn't trying to say don't suspect someone so much as I don't really like the reasoning you seem to be going with (who cares if he's town in the end type thing).

                            I don't see him leaving to be that much of an indication because he's come and gone as time as allowed him from the start, although if he jumped back on here and didn't address it in one of his next giant post/post stream then I would view that with my head slightly tilted as he's been good about muti-quoting people before this point.

                            But---- listing that he discredited himself as a point is weird coming from you, but maybe it's weirder for him to play that card? Who knows...


                            (The Shadow but that's not important)
                            ​

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #1214
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              Originally posted by Hakulyte
                              Oh, don't take it personal. I'm not trying to force you to paint me one color over another. I was just bored.
                              I'm not. that comment probably comes off as more pointed then it should. I don't mean anything in this game to be personal even if you turn out to be Baby-eating mecha-Wolf Hitler.
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • Hakulyte
                                aka Haku
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 4697

                                #1215
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                It's my first game with 8 of the 13 players which includes reuben_tate.

                                I'm clearly lost in terms of providing any form of accurate reasoning especially for Day 1. I'm staying low-profile on wolf hunting for that exact reason. I just don't have anything worth for anyone right now if you want me to actually push some sort of solid argument about intents.
                                So yeah, if something seems strange to you, feel free to mention it.

                                I'm assuming that reuben_tate is a lot more experienced than me and would have a little more confidence behind his posts than that. Even if it's his meta is to act like this, it's very unconvincing to me as town play.

                                ..but hey, it's my first game with him. *shrugs*

                                Comment

                                Working...