jTWG XIII: I Spy (Humans Win Day Six)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TSAGod
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 111

    #31
    Originally posted by vashthestampede0987
    TSA your post seems kinda odd, something just sticks out from it. Not enough for me to vote for you, just a thought that I'm throwing out there.
    eh...sorry. It probably was the grammar or something. That and reading it now doesn't make sense to me...oops. Post-PSAT brainfart. But all my post said is that there is no chance that Tasuke is the guardian...which has just been said...

    Now for other people who have done something suspicious:

    - all the people who think that Tasuke could have been the guardian. Really. Yeah, it makes sense for Tasuke to guard himself, but he could have just as easily guarded dAnceguy because he's experienced too. He probably would have, anyway. ...but that's a really bad reason...so I'll just call them stupid, even though most of them should know better...

    -hiyasucka...for his obvious post of meta-strategy. Doesn't tell us anything, and its the wrong strategy. Thanks for nothing. ...though I'll let it slide if you were taking the PSAT's, but if you were, man, I hope you were lucky on your guesses...

    ...and Tasuke is really a name that stands out. It was probably random-ish, not like there was any information about it. He seems to be on top of things, as well. He'd definately be a late-game "you're still in the game so you must be a wolf" vote. That's probably it.

    Comment

    • MiniNeo
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2004
      • 454

      #32
      OKAY

      TasselFoot: what happened?
      Min1ne0: i screwed up
      Min1ne0: i put 3 masons instead of 2
      Min1ne0: so like
      Min1ne0: i went to ask kilga
      TasselFoot: .... you've had that in your game since when you did host signups.
      Min1ne0: and he said "I won't stop you"
      Min1ne0: well
      Min1ne0: cause....
      Min1ne0: i dunno it is just screwed up
      TasselFoot: you had 3 masons in your initial sign ups.
      TasselFoot: did you only make 2 people masons?
      Min1ne0: *HEAD EXPLODE*
      Min1ne0: no
      Min1ne0: i realized
      Min1ne0: after the game started
      Min1ne0: that it is going to be stack against the wolves
      Min1ne0: gah...
      TasselFoot: so fucking what. you had it that way, they voted for you.
      TasselFoot: that is nothing to restart a game over.
      Min1ne0: .........
      Min1ne0: okay
      TasselFoot: throw in the save.... makes it even more stacked.
      Min1ne0: what shuold i do now >_<
      TasselFoot: its the save that makes it unbalanced. thats all.
      Min1ne0: Okay.

      Comment

      • nickadeemus
        The spice must flow.
        • Aug 2003
        • 807

        #33
        GG guys. GG.
        Nice.

        Comment

        • Snapps
          NO DOUBT GET LOUD
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2003
          • 5650

          #34
          And the plot thickens.

          Comment

          • MiniNeo
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2004
            • 454

            #35
            Read my convo above.

            Let the game continue.

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #36
              To clarify fully....

              Play the game out.

              And whoever suggested the idea of self-guardian... you need to be kicked in the testicles. Looking back, it was Snapps. That makes me want to cry, as Snapps has played in TWG.

              Let me make this clear. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELF GUARD. THAT HAS BEEN A RULE SINCE TWG1. I had a long conversation with Chardish about it back then, weighing the merits one way or the other, and the exact things that were said above were the reasons we did not allow it. The guardian could just sit back and guard themselves every night, and never be in danger. The guardian is about saving others, not saving themself. A self-guardian guardian creates a game that is not team oriented. Besides the fact that the guardian could come out as the guardian and never fear being attacked.

              Now, the voice of GOD has spoken. Heed the words and play on.
              RIP

              Comment

              • dAnceguy117
                new hand moves = dab
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2002
                • 10103

                #37
                Originally posted by TSAGod
                ...and Tasuke is really a name that stands out. It was probably random-ish, not like there was any information about it. He seems to be on top of things, as well. He'd definately be a late-game "you're still in the game so you must be a wolf" vote. That's probably it.
                Considering Neo's AIM text posted, I can't consider Tasuke a possibility. Not to mention, I probably couldn't before he posted it. Even in TWG, it's basically been proven that if the guardian reveals themself to a wolf night 1 (dumbest thing EVER), they'll get wolfed over the wolves trying to pull off some fancy shit.

                Besides, if the guardian lets Tasuke die, they're fucking retarded. Saying "you're still in the game, so you must be a wolf" to someone at the center of an alliance is hilarious.

                Things are stacking up against you quickly, TSA. I'm leaving my vote on hiyasucka for now because I want a response from him, but don't think I'm not watching you.

                Comment

                • nickadeemus
                  The spice must flow.
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 807

                  #38
                  Interesting. . .

                  Anyway, with 3 masons, Tasuke, guardian, and psychic together, that leaves 10 people to choose from to pull out a wolf.

                  If these 6 people did get together, they definitely don't need any more people in the alliance to pull out a victory, just as long as the wolved don't pick someone off from this alliance every following night.
                  Worst case scenario (if alliance can work together properly):
                  D1- 6 in Alliance, 9 people to choose from.
                  N2- 5 in A, 9 left, 3 wolves
                  D2- 5 in A, 8 left, 3 wolves
                  N3- 4 in A, 8 left, 3 wolves
                  D3- 4 in A, 7 left, 3 wolves
                  N4- 3 in A, 7 left, 3 wolves
                  D4- 3 in A, 6 left (if no wolves have died [highly unlikely], 3 wolves)
                  N5- 2 in A, 6 left, 3 wolves (5 humans)
                  Even from this point, it's possible for humans to survive to the end. If it did come down to the psychic knowing there were 3 wolves left by Day 4, it would be a good time for the alliance to spill the beans properly and get the remaining humans on their side.

                  The chance of this happening is very, very unlikely. We're bound to lynch one or more wolves by the 4th day, and the wolves aren't going to kill someone in the alliance each time (because the alliance shouldn't let anyone else in), making this game a piece of cake.

                  So, alliance. . .don't let an alliance member get lynched during the day, and we're set.

                  PS Snapps, I know you didn't know guardian can't save himself, but you reacted strangely when you learned that Tasuke was saved:
                  [22:20] gonzo4life44: 1st, 1st night save in JTWG
                  [22:20] snapps50: wtf
                  [22:20] linus17145236: it says tasuke is saved
                  [22:20] c r e v e lk i d: something happened already?
                  [22:20] snapps50: isnt it suppost to be a kill
                  [22:20] gonzo4life44: lucky guardian
                  [22:20] gamepro17616: We can say Tasuke is human then
                  [22:20] gamepro17616: Pretty much....
                  [22:20] gonzo4life44: yea
                  [22:21] c r e v e lk i d: that's awesome
                  [22:21] gonzo4life44: well he cant be wolf
                  [22:21] linus17145236: there are 3 wolves right?
                  [22:21] gamepro17616: Yeah, he's not a wolf
                  [22:21] gonzo4life44: cuz wolfs killed him but the guardian saved him
                  [22:21] gamepro17616: There's no way a wolf would die Night 1
                  [22:22] snapps50: what is uh
                  [22:22] snapps50: wait
                  [22:22] snapps50: wait
                  [22:22] snapps50: hes saved
                  [22:22] snapps50: how the fuck

                  [22:22] gamepro17616: I know
                  [22:22] gonzo4life44: lol
                  [22:22] gamepro17616: Amazing
                  [22:22] snapps50: hes guardian
                  [22:22] linus17145236: why not =O
                  [22:22] c r e v e lk i d: ...
                  [22:22] snapps50: flat out

                  Just want to know what was goin through your head that caused you such pained confusion.
                  Nice.

                  Comment

                  • TSAGod
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 111

                    #39
                    eh...I'm really not being organized right now. That was not a look of suspicion. Kinda randomly tacked on. Explaining how there wasn't really much information exchange needed to save Tasuke. Hence the "..." and not the "-."

                    I was really talking about the saving and why it happened. Please, if you're going to vote for me, or even consider it, don't do it because my post was horridly formatted/editted, as they both were.

                    Sorry.

                    Comment

                    • MiniNeo
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 454

                      #40
                      You guys have 25 and a half hours before the day ends.

                      </pointless post>

                      Comment

                      • Edge_of_Death
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 103

                        #41
                        For those of you who think I am inactive, I am NOT. I log onto FFR and read this thread once every hour I am awake. I am just observing and trying to gather up enough information so I can decide who I should cast my vote on, since there isn't really anything for me to say.
                        Alex owes me two Omega favor(s)

                        Comment

                        • gonzo4life44
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2004
                          • 626

                          #42
                          ok, sorry I havent been on today, i had a band competion. (WOOT NEW MEXICO CHAMPS!!!) Any who, after reading over the post, only one person stands out. That person is Snapps,he has played in TWG's befor. He should know that guardians cant guard themselfs. Also, his reaction to tasuke being saved was a little weird. He seemed upset yet shocked. If he would of looked at the forum, (which im sure he did) he wouldnt of been as shocked.


                          Comment

                          • PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
                            Threat Emulation
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2004
                            • 5184

                            #43
                            Originally posted by nickadeemus
                            Interesting. . .
                            Enough said. Sorry about not being as active as usual, I had a lot of stuff to do today, but I still made time to check on the thread/ I've had very little time to talk with people, and I really want to talk with everyone right now. I'm going to be on for the next hour working only on jTWG, unless no one else is on.

                            Originally posted by Lightdarkness
                            I'm light f**king darkness

                            Comment

                            • dAnceguy117
                              new hand moves = dab
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 10103

                              #44
                              Thanks for doing the math I was too lazy to do myself, Nick

                              Now that we've elaborated the hell out of the Tasuke & Co. situation, we need to get on to the normal day 1 business. If you've got a suspicion, now is the time to vote.

                              Aside from hiyasucka and TSA looking fishy, now I've got gonzo to look after as well. His above post is basically restating what Nick had compiled. Not only that, but he's going after an experienced player.

                              I'm also still waiting for a response from hiyasucka. Don't think you're not being watched >:O

                              Comment

                              • Edge_of_Death
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2004
                                • 103

                                #45
                                Originally posted by dAnceguy117
                                Okay, what the hell. I'd be inclined to just say "nice job guardian" like everyone else, but this is seriously weird.

                                First, there is no self-guarding. That has always been a rule in jTWG. Neo, I don't know what you were thinking.

                                Onto the game. Tasuke, if you are the guardian, keep guarding yourself. Have the masons and psychic come to you, and we should have this game in the bag already.

                                If the guardian is someone else, keep guarding Tasuke and come to him. This isn't quite as auto-win but it's still almost failsafe.

                                If Tasuke is not the guardian, I'd like to know why he got guarded and wolfed. I'm thinking there is a backstory in this. Tasuke, if something happened night 1 involving you, the guardian, and at least one wolf, you need to post it. We might be able to peg a wolf today if we play our cards right. Don't do anything foolish, but do what you can.

                                Tasuke, if you are the guardian, this is how we win. You get the two masons and the psychic to come to you. We then have four confirmed humans to the three wolves, therefore we automatically win unless they wolf a mason or something. If you get two people claiming to be the psychic or something like that, we lynch them both. That way we're still 1-up on them. We should be able to peg a wolf along the way, anyway.

                                This game is looking good. Horribly unbalanced if Tasuke is the guardian because of the stupid self-guardianing rule, but whatever.
                                I agree with him on his whole post, except for the part with, "Tasuke, if you are the guardian, this is how we win." We could just get all the masons and the guardian to come to him to form an alliance. Unless, wolfing a wolf is allowed in here, then, let's just theoretically say he is the wolf? If he possibly is the wolf , then we have to find out what happend with him and the guardian. It was either he got the guardian to guard him somehow, or it was just mere coincidence that the guardian decided to guard him that night. We need to verify that Tasuke isn't a wolf, and if he isn't, then we can get all the masons and the seer/guardian to him, which gives us a great advantage. Like danceguy said, if something happend that night between you (I'm talking to you, Tasuke), the guardian, or the wolf, you should speak up. Otherwise... my vote goes to you.
                                PS: Tasuke is obviously the center of this whole plan... If he is somehow verified/proven to be human, then the guardian must guard him this next night. If Tasuke gets wolf'd, then this whole system will break down.
                                PSS: Sorry for the huge paragraph...
                                Alex owes me two Omega favor(s)

                                Comment

                                Working...