Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-7-2016, 08:29 PM   #601
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

alright I'm caught up

MML is my top wolf lean, either he has a complete misunderstanding of the setup or he's cognitively situated in a game where there are "two other wolves" and this mindset has occurred in MULTIPLE posts this game.

He expresses that wolf trademark diplomatic tone at times which, by itself isn't worth lynching someone over atm, adds to my initial suspicion on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-7-2016, 08:31 PM   #602
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Something else funny about this game is YoshL

I know he has his tournament and that's taking a lot of his time, but my complaint isn't so much about his investment in this game as much as it is WHERE his investment is going

I am totally surprised that YoshL has no stated reads on me this game

I know I have at least crossed his mind, since he outright states his meta on me. At that point, wouldn't it make sense to at least follow that train of thought and state that I'm wolfy?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-7-2016, 08:32 PM   #603
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

so DBP talk has been:

sunfan doesn't like DBP's entrance, calls him a "shitty wolf" and metas charu's lack of defense for him as charu potentially also wolfish
AA leans that way here
arnt comes in here and then later in his reads post mostly based on post style
xiz mentions a DBP wolf read here though seemingly without much justification
mashi is "fine with" DBP going d0
wab rolls with the meta
MML wants to push arnt but then fails at quoting his own evidence

now how does that change now that DBP has some posts in
Old 08-7-2016, 08:33 PM   #604
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Either he doesn't want to push on me because he's a wolf and knows I'm town, or it's... something else?... that I'm not aware of.

It's not even that he isn't pushing, because he HAS been, but I'm alarmed that he's not fitting my model of him right now

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-7-2016, 08:34 PM   #605
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

from my memory YoshL has always been hyperattentive to me when he's town

but I'm not seeing that here --- maybe he's just hesitant to say I'm a wolf because of a reason like low post count? --- but I would imagine at least he'd have said something by now.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-7-2016, 08:34 PM   #606
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

i haven't read the thread so all i have is what's currently going on. The only thing that's standing out to me currently is MML's flip out

you're also toeing the line of "i'm suspicious but i don't really want to push because of certain reasons"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-7-2016, 08:35 PM   #607
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
i haven't read the thread so all i have is what's currently going on. The only thing that's standing out to me currently is MML's flip out

you're also toeing the line of "i'm suspicious but i don't really want to push because of certain reasons"
noted

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-7-2016, 08:39 PM   #608
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

going to go over xiz first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
AA
first vote was on me, not sure if it was a joke vote or not lol

actually after reading some more posts, I think it was a joke vote. if it wasn't, then please explain why

he then throws out some early reads which I think is actually standard xiz play, not like I thought earlier where I said it reminded me of one of his wolf games

so not really alignment indicative

Quote:
It's the flow of jokes.

It's like this:

Person A votes for Person Z as a joke, saying a punchline
Person B votes for Person Z as a joke, mimicking the punchline to add emphasis
Person C votes for person Z trying to fit into the joke, missing the flow of the joke

You posting gradiants image felt weird, simple as that. Doesn't mean your scum but it didn't make you look good
he then talks a bit about reuben not really fitting into the joke. I mentioned that I think he's looking too much into things that don't really matter, but this actually reminds me of the freeze wars where xiz mislynched gradiant (both as town) based off of a slip that I "agreed" with him on as a wolf. so this actually makes me lean him more town

his next relevant posts are the attack on me which I think have been sufficiently discussed (both at the time and recently), I don't really want to go over them at the moment. there are things like most of his attack being based off not believing me (asides from disliking my "alignment indicative" post) that make me think he's more wolfy, but then there are posts like this where he asks for someone else's reasoning for agreeing with him, rather than just accepting the agreement as an additional vote, that make me think he's more town. so overall his push on me doesn't lean me strongly either way

however, this post actually is pretty towny to me

Quote:
Would you prefer I shitpost for the next day or two and do nothing?

I think you know very well (some) games I go hard right off the bat. I'm not as good as my early reads as I used to but don't tell me I said that. I still get some really good reads early. This time, the focus has been on you so far. Nothing wrong with that.
I think it's much more likely for a town to say that and admit that while they may be good at something, they aren't always right (and in this case, have gotten worse). much easier for a wolf to just press the attack and move with the "I'm good at x, therefore I'm almost surely/am right about this and will not budge" theme, which xiz didn't do here. I also like how he pointed out that when I said I didn't like how he was pushing really hard like we were crunched for time, he contrasted that with just not doing anything. he seems more focused on getting a good start on his reads early on rather than cramming everything for EOD (which a lot of people are guilty of)

and now to his big post, I will do the bold response thing here

Quote:
I'm looking at this with a fresh perspective on it, and I usually look for early misplays from scum early on. Everything from the way people phrase sentences to inconsistencies. There is a chance that you actually typed in his name, posted it, then later realized who you were playing with. There is that chance. There also is the chance that you messed up and (as I think ben said) you carefully edited that post so well that it slipped your mind. Looking at this again, I'm still sticking to my guns saying I don't like it but I don't believe you should be one of the main focuses of todays lynch so far. However that might change, as I'm catching up for 20 pages right now lol.

Reasoning said above copy pasta, "I usually look for early misplays from scum early on". I don't think you saw gradiants posts and decided to lie, because the realistic approach if you were sum is that you carefully crafted your first post, then posted the 2nd one without much thought of the first one where you were aware that you already talked about Gradiant. Also I went through that game thread you linked on last-life and couldn't find the post you are talking about.

while this is a good point, I think in mashi's case (and correct me if I'm wrong here) a lot of his posts tend to be well crafted, in fact, nearly all of them except the more emotional "YAAAAAAY xyz" ones. also I like mashi so far

How do you see me now that I explained my reasoning to you? Also there is nothing wrong with pressure on a player early on at all. If anything it gives people something to talk about. Actually, AA said it best...

^ This, but instead of me, I believe it's telling how AA handles pressure on himself lol. Works both ways.

I guess only TIME will tell

I do agree with new players staying out of the spolight obvi, but I still don't see how he was deflecting pressure.

it seemed like he was deflecting pressure because at the time, this is how i saw it: lots of shitvotes are happening
a few votes land on indheart (recent one being yoshl at that time)
"oh shit, there's votes on me, I don't like this"
he unvotes, then suddenly brings up something completely unrelated in the same breath

I thought he was acting like me for a bit. Then he imminently stopped that gimmick. So yes, I find it weird.

This is my favorite post from AA so far. I believe wolf AA would ignore this, then change his vote onto someone else instead of unvoting.

What do you mean? What is different? Like do you mean why his reasoning seems fake? Atm it's gut. If your talking about what inDheart has done, this is my first game with him so I can't compare to how different he has been? I don't get your question.

I believe in this post MML was referring to what you thought of me and why you thought my reasoning was fake as opposed to cases where you believed my reasoning

^ This was pretty much an in-depth reasoning to my thoughts on that situation that I didn't go into detail about back then. Towny points.

If i'm understanding this correctly, your opinion of mashi's wolf play is different then Ben's and my opinions of mashi's wolf play. Correct?

Oh, my b. I read that wrong.

THIS is what I mean by my early game catches @everyone.
MixMaster is living in the world of 2 wolves, not 3.

so you later come to the conclusion that it's probable that because MML is living in a world of 2 wolves, not 3, that he is that 3rd wolf which lets him think about only 2 others. I actually didn't even think of that until you pointed that out later in the posts, I thought by "catch" you meant you caught him dumbtelling as town for not knowing the number of wolves. why do you think that he's wolf as compared to what I thought of a possible town dumbtell?

Shit, Wine beat me to this. Towny points for wine.

I guess the question here is did MML read the OP or know the game setup?
I'd pressure him on this but I've literally played games where I didn't bother reading the setup soooo...

My gut still tells me that it feels like he knows there are 2 other wolves besides himself.

oh I guess it's mostly gut?

^ This. Not sure why you consider post count an argument, super weak.

It's k i'm doing it for you.

This is a poor argument. Last time this happened, Tsunderplane said the exact same thing to me and she was a wolf.

[b]this wasn't really supposed to be an argument so much as something to think about, hence why I said "it's worth noting"]

I think I get what you are saying/doing but it's such a bad way to approach this game that if you are town you will be misguided for the entire game.

I'm sad you haven't done anything in this game yet. The same can be said for a lot of people, but you in particular

osumania nvm

I've been keeping an eye on Redblaster, and i'm not sure how I wanna read him right now. He has definatly taken a back seat in his past two games i've played with him, ever since the WWE Zenith Vs. RedBlaster smackdown cage match. In both games where he has been passive, he was a wolf, then more active the next game as a jester. However, I would be surprised if Red Blaster kept up his same playstyle this game because it would be too obvious he's a wolf. Either i'm getting psyched out or reading Red Blaster has become that simple. It appears as though Red Blaster has been paying attention closely to the thread however, because he did immediately respond to AA in regards to this post:

However, still not sure if this should be taken as him just trying to pop in and fit in, or he is actively watching the thread and only saying what he believes needs to be said and trying to step up his TWG game as a whole, which atm I believe.

fwiw I wouldn't lynch red blaster today atm, there's just not that much and I think there will be/are better candidates

Like, this post feels genuine to me, it reads as weak but I got a genuine feel from it.

Either way, if it comes down to it i'm currently against a Red Blaster lynch if a wagon forms for today.

ok it seems we agree here

Can't take this point into account, since I wasn't active really in team blaze to see this.

Looks like greg and I are polar opposites this game. RIP mindmeld.

If this was a gutread, then nvm mindmeld might be alive. I've been focused on other people to talk more about DBP though.

I ninja'd you. In this post. So it wasn't a ninja in real time lol. Only reason why I like you so far is that you said you were going to bed but are now making a lot of posts.

God damn it greg, stop ninja'n me. Also rude, I thought about it a lot. He just explained it in detail more then me because I was gone last night so rip I guess I loose out on that.

Can you post examples, because I like this post but :\

@Gradiant, what do you think of gregs thoughts on AA?

Not directed at me, but I believe that gradiant looks really good to me right now. I think Gradiant is off the table today.

why exactly do you think he's off the table? I agree in that I wouldn't lynch him today, but why? sunfan talked about why he thought it's more likely for gradiant to be town with his current play but I want to know your reasoning too

Can you go into more detail about this? And am I reading this correctly, do you think he is your top wolf? What do you feel worst about him?

Do you believe inDheart and I are wolves together? Or do you just see me as a wolf and not inDheart?

It's a little hard to respond to all the posts you quoted about me when the responses to them are "what the fuck is this?" but from your perspective, you consider AA to be your top town, and anyone who is pushing AA looks scummy as shit?

The way I saw it yesterday, I didn't like a lot of what AA has posted. Since then, he has been posting a few good things that I liked as stated above. There are also people who I like that are saying he is town, so i'm considering that. There are also people who I like who are saying he is a wolf, and I'm keeping pressure up on him for that. Currently, I'm not as confident as I was last night on AA, so i'm still mulling it over. There are others (like MML) who I believe might be a better lynch, due to my thoughts on him about him thinking in a wolf of two wolves. The reason why I have not voted MML yet is because i'm trying to decide if he actually didn't read the setup as a town, or he was thinking about the two other wolves since he is the 3rd.

this part above is towny, I like how he seems to be considering all the factors rather than excluding as is convenient

If this is true, what are your thoughts about Gradiant then, since I don't recall you making any posts about him, and he was making some pretty good posts pressuring AA. (DEFLECTION!!!)

This is a good vote. I was expecting MML to say something.

Same.

Nothing surprising about this post. Everything here has been said already, im disappointed. Can you go into more depth with these reads, even if it's you admiting to sheeping people?

--------------------------------------------

TL;DR

AA less wolfy
Yoshl town
sunfan town
MML wolf
DBP (sheep) wolf
Xel town
Ruben town
Gradiant town

MML

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 08-7-2016, 08:40 PM   #609
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
so DBP talk has been:

sunfan doesn't like DBP's entrance, calls him a "shitty wolf" and metas charu's lack of defense for him as charu potentially also wolfish
AA leans that way here
arnt comes in here and then later in his reads post mostly based on post style
xiz mentions a DBP wolf read here though seemingly without much justification
mashi is "fine with" DBP going d0
wab rolls with the meta
MML wants to push arnt but then fails at quoting his own evidence

now how does that change now that DBP has some posts in
if he continues to post I probably wouldn't lynch him today

Old 08-7-2016, 08:40 PM   #610
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

also if it wasn't clear from my post I think xiz is town atm

Old 08-7-2016, 08:41 PM   #611
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Either he doesn't want to push on me because he's a wolf and knows I'm town, or it's... something else?... that I'm not aware of.

It's not even that he isn't pushing, because he HAS been, but I'm alarmed that he's not fitting my model of him right now
actually, I think he did something similar when he rolled wolf in the charge me up game I hosted, but let me go look for that

Old 08-7-2016, 08:42 PM   #612
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

fuck I may be about to get distracted I'm sorry

Old 08-7-2016, 08:44 PM   #613
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
actually, I think he did something similar when he rolled wolf in the charge me up game I hosted, but let me go look for that
tbh I'm actually mostly satisfied with the reason he gave, it was the missing piece that makes this make sense

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-7-2016, 08:45 PM   #614
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
because i haven't read the thread still to make an actual call about this

i'll eventually stop using this excuse when i stop being lazy

but only TIME will tell
sorry YoshL I missed this post from you

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-7-2016, 08:49 PM   #615
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

really quick:

source: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=144254

Quote:
to be real for a moment, dabackpack

ok i'm now unreal (tournament)
I *think* this was a somewhat serious vote, based on other posts that he made in this game like

Quote:
sunfan dabackpack, 2/3 we're doing good boys
Quote:
i'm legit thinking sunfan is a good d1

a lot of metal priming with things that would be uh
mentally primed in a wolf right now
Quote:
but dabackpack's qost puality is like, worse than shite
he actually pushes on DBP a bit more here

Quote:
yyou're not a competent wolf, and as a wolf, you don't see the desire to solve games because you can't react as naturally as you would as something like a serial killer or town, because you already have all the information that you need

sunfan, you're telling me to use what went on in past games to scumread you right now which is hands down the worst thing that's ever come out of your mouth lol
Quote:
because i gave him time the last time, and i'm gave him more than enough time this time

also because the fact that i think he's a wolf still hasn't changed

"first post your reads on everyone then i'll do whatever you want"
Quote:
i don't know what to make of sunfan's reaction to that right now

and i don't want to either because making reads off of this is stupid lol

so moving on from that

dbp still not offering up anything remotely substantial in terms of any explanations, or even slank or w/e
and then I believe his push ended here

Quote:
i'll reread what dabackpack has said when i'm actually cognizant of my thoughts and actions right now

from what i see rn, backpack's back and usually leaving backpack alone resolves itself in the long run, as long as people remember to revisit him or w/e

nighty y'all

and the revisit never happened

actually I don't really think this lines up that well with the current game

yoshl still sitting where I had him from general impressions which is town lean

Old 08-7-2016, 08:53 PM   #616
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

hey can we talk about MML too because i don't know whether to call his detail mistakes up to now negligence or intentional ignorance

his post to yoshl was really off and full of internal inconsistency
Old 08-7-2016, 09:00 PM   #617
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

ok gonna work on charu next, what I remember is that I'm not getting a strong sense of town like I usually do from him. I thought the same thing about roundbox in BOATS and he was a wolf, and while that obviously doesn't mean I'm necessarily right here, it's where I'm starting from

his first 38 posts are shitposts

his 39th posts is this

Quote:
Obviously if he's saying that, AA, what a stupid question AA.

I'm going to write how stupid that question is for the rest of this post. What a stupid thing to ask someone.
in response to my alignment indicative post, and ironically, I'm going to say here that I don't think that this post is very alignment indicative, it was just his first non-shitpost that I saw

Quote:
I don't like you

'bout it for now
this is in response to MML asking charu how he feels about the game. not much, but not really a red flag yet

Quote:
I am being different. For starters, I feel like I'm being a lot more snarky than before.

It's really fun, y'know, give it a try sunfan-y
if this is true that explains why his posts feel different
what it doesn't explain is why he has basically 2 relevant posts in 50+ posts at this point

Quote:
Pure or not, he single handily made something beautiful and will mock him for a long while.

But that's if he can get off the table in 30 something hours, HAH
so charu keeps making fun of me for my comment and that's fine. What I don't like is how he keeps bringing me up and basically has let his read on me (dislike based off of my "alignment indicative" post) sit and not develop. He doesn't revisit me, doesn't look at anything other people have said. He's just watching so far

Quote:
*yawn*

Okay sunfan, lets all go lynch backpack then I guess
greg pointed out how it felt off to him how complacent charu was about lynching backpack and I'm going to reiterate that here. It just seems weird that given how detached charu has been from the game so far, suddenly he's just agreeing with greg to go and lynch backpack

Quote:
I think you pointing at him for not posting is yawn worthy. Who knows though, might lead to somewhere if you really start squeezing him.
pretty neutral post here

Quote:
Or vote I suppose.

Y'know... lets go on and do that

DaBackpack
and then he votes him. that's ok, but I don't like the progression to the vote that much

Quote:
Heeeee, okay buddy, why even quote this then?
and then he asks backpack a question, nice. it's something

while charu shitposts as both alignments, I think as town he's much more likely to actually do stuff, and I haven't seen that yet. charu can you help me read you a bit better by doing something (or if you so choose, continuing to do nothing)?

Old 08-7-2016, 09:13 PM   #618
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So sorry you can't read me, son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 08-7-2016, 09:13 PM   #619
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Let me now do something that will make you see me in a negative light no matter what I do.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 08-7-2016, 09:15 PM   #620
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

People saying MML is a wolf because of the "2 wolves, 1 vigi" thing are pretty dumb

There, I said it.

However that doesn't change that I dun like him. Call me hypocritical here, but the dude looks like he's appeasing every single thing he's been posting.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Closed Thread