TWG XXXIV

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FishFishRevolution
    GotR Creator
    • Nov 2003
    • 7251

    #61
    Re: TWG XXXIV

    Good thinking, FoJaR! Afro, Iggy and I are wolves together! Like I would really go out on a limb to defend my partners this early when nothing really matters, and most of this heat they're creating is just going to blow over. Anyone can go look at Afro's past games and see he likes to vote early as human and is usually more careful as a wolf. Iggy could go either way, but I was just saying in his shoes I can see as a human why he would've done what he did.

    gg

    Comment

    • petpro32
      FFR Player
      • May 2006
      • 160

      #62
      Re: TWG XXXIV

      Originally posted by FishFishRevolution
      Anyone can go look at Afro's past games and see he likes to vote early as human and is usually more careful as a wolf.
      Afro could've been hoping for that kind of reaction, knowing that by voting early, as he'd done in past games as a human, he would seem human in this game too. And coming to the defense again, Fish, only acts to reinforce my suspicions.

      Originally posted by Afrobean
      Yeah because an early vote on day one means a whole lot, especially from me.
      wtf? seems odd, because there was absolutely no need for it, except maybe as a joke to himself and his wolfy friends. I still stand by my previous thoughts.

      People that still seem wolfy to me:Afro, Fish, Iggy.

      *EDIT* I guess I wasn't out for the night...


      Comment

      • FoJaR
        The Worst
        • Nov 2005
        • 2816

        #63
        Re: TWG XXXIV

        that wasnt why i said i thought you were acting wolfy.

        there's no reason to antagonize me like you did. you're hiding something.

        fishfishrevolution

        Comment

        • nforcer06164
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2003
          • 4772

          #64
          Re: TWG XXXIV

          Geez, yu. I learned this lesson the hard way: "Don't get overly defensive or sarcastic, especially when it's highly unnecessary, unless you are trying to get lynched." I can't believe you reacted the way you did. I saw no reason to suspect you now, but that was really uncalled for. FoJaR is new to the game and players here, as are several others, yet you get like that when you know this as well as I do? Chill out, man.

          Wilkin's proposal that we discuss previous lynchings is probably the best use of night posting mentioned so far. I didn't think of this before, but now any fishy votes that come up will have to be explained. This leaves little room for the wolves to save partners by a random swing, and even less room for them to explain such an action, because the question can be posed immediately.

          Jurs doesn't usually wait this long to post, which seems kind of odd. Maybe she's been busy? jwcgator is new, but there's no excuse for staying quiet right now. I'll give a full 24 hours before I start to get pushy on inactives, though.

          EDIT: Oh. 24 hours is in an hour. Guess I'll be getting mad soon.

          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

          Originally posted by Squeek
          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

          Comment

          • sertman
            DADALADAH
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jun 2005
            • 3910

            #65
            Re: TWG XXXIV

            I'm pretty sure Jurs has been active in IRC.

            Comment

            • GuidoHunter
              is against custom titles
              • Oct 2003
              • 7371

              #66
              Re: TWG XXXIV

              If anyone's leaning toward getting my vote, it's petpro right now. There just seems to be a whole lot of following in his words. I realize that it's sometimes hard to get original thoughts out first and you may just coincidentally have the same suspicion as other people, but there's just something about him that's strange to me, and I think it has to do with following. I began to feel this way before his suspicion list post, and that only made things worse.

              I'm keeping my eye on you, petpro, and I urge everyone else to do so as well.

              --Guido


              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

              Comment

              • mattc16
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 524

                #67
                Re: TWG XXXIV

                I was feeling the same, guido, but maybe we can put it down to overeagerness, if that's even a word. I feel he could be trying too hard to help out at the start of the game, which could mean he is trying to fit in with the humans to cover up or maybe he is genuinely trying to help. Consider yourself on my radar, petpro.


                Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #68
                  Re: TWG XXXIV

                  Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                  If anyone's leaning toward getting my vote, it's petpro right now. There just seems to be a whole lot of following in his words. I realize that it's sometimes hard to get original thoughts out first and you may just coincidentally have the same suspicion as other people, but there's just something about him that's strange to me, and I think it has to do with following. I began to feel this way before his suspicion list post, and that only made things worse.

                  I'm keeping my eye on you, petpro, and I urge everyone else to do so as well.

                  --Guido

                  http://andy.mikee385.com
                  You ***. I was about to dramatically change my vote to petpro, but if I did it now it would look stupid.

                  The thing that really bothered me is the whole "objective viewpoint." The only way it's possible to be truly objective is if you already know everyone's roles, in which case, you're a wolf. Humans are naturally non-objective and to make a claim of complete objectivity really bothers me, which is why I'm also looking at Wilkin. A completely objective observational viewpoint that he has taken on is very hard to read and is in turn, harmful to the humans. I suggest everyone be as subjective as possible, especially in this game in which deaths reveals possible connections you may have made before your death.

                  EDIT: Matt's a *** too.

                  Comment

                  • GuidoHunter
                    is against custom titles
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 7371

                    #69
                    Re: TWG XXXIV

                    Originally posted by mattc16
                    I was feeling the same, guido, but maybe we can put it down to overeagerness, if that's even a word. I feel he could be trying too hard to help out at the start of the game, which could mean he is trying to fit in with the humans to cover up or maybe he is genuinely trying to help. Consider yourself on my radar, petpro.
                    Interesting. It's been my experience that defense of newbies and explanation of their behavior happens when you genuinely feel that the newbie is a human (at least at such an early point in the game) and that you feel their posts have been unduly misinterpreted and given too much credit.

                    You even state that you were about to agree with me, which suggests (along with the 'but' clause) that you don't agree with me, now.

                    THEN you say that you DO agree with me when you say he's on your radar.

                    Which is it, matt? I must say, your post does not come off as very human...

                    --Guido


                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    Originally posted by Grandiagod
                    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                    Comment

                    • JurseyRider734
                      lil j the bad b-word
                      • Aug 2003
                      • 7507

                      #70
                      Re: TWG XXXIV

                      lolwoops


                      About the Fish x Fojar situation: I think there's something here. I have a feeling one of them is a wolf. They know eachother irl (not living together or anything), so I think one of them can sense that something's "off". If both were human, they'd have nothing to hide from one another unless they thought the OTHER one was a wolf, which could be why Fish seems like he's "hiding" something from FoJaR (or so he says). Or, FoJaR is thinking Fish is a wolf and Fish is a wolf and FoJaR can sense this.

                      OR, Fish is "hiding" from him because FoJaR is targetting him and Fish thinks this is wolfish of FoJaR, so he's trying to avoid him.

                      OR, they could both be wolves and are faking this drama between them.

                      Possible scenarios.
                      Originally posted by Arch0wl
                      I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                      the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                      Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                      Comment

                      • FoJaR
                        The Worst
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 2816

                        #71
                        Re: TWG XXXIV

                        for the record, fish is in VA, and i'm in UT.

                        Comment

                        • mattc16
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 524

                          #72
                          Re: TWG XXXIV

                          @Guido: That's why I said maybe it can be put down to that, I never said anything definite. That first sentence was poorly phrased grammatically, i was in a hurry to make a post, so I didn't really check it over. I meant 'I am feeling the same.' I do agree with you, hence the fact i said he was on my radar too. I was merely pointing out other ways his behaviour could be interpreted.

                          Anyway, petpro as i may not be able to get online tomorrow to post a vote.


                          Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                          Comment

                          • Afrobean
                            Admiral in the Red Army
                            • Dec 2003
                            • 13262

                            #73
                            Re: TWG XXXIV

                            I don't like matt's vote on petpro. I'm wary of petpro as well, but the way he's posting just seems kind of off. His vote seems like a "hmm petpro is going to be lynched, so I might as well get an early vote on so it looks less suspicious."

                            Comment

                            • GuidoHunter
                              is against custom titles
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 7371

                              #74
                              Re: TWG XXXIV

                              That's entirely possible, but the excuse he gave IS the most legitimate and common one for voting early. He could be using that or he could be telling the truth; I really don't think there's much to gain from that post. If anything, his last one is one to analyze.

                              --Guido


                              Originally posted by Grandiagod
                              Originally posted by Grandiagod
                              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                              Comment

                              • nforcer06164
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2003
                                • 4772

                                #75
                                Re: TWG XXXIV

                                Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                                I'm keeping my eye on you, petpro, and I urge everyone else to do so as well.
                                I don't like that statement for some reason. I don't know what it is. It just seems kinda "off" to me, if you know what I mean. I agree more with matt's misinterpreted statement, in its misinterpreted form. Remember that most (all?) of us have not played with petpro before, and we therefore don't know how he behaves, or how to read his posts. Plus, a big step up to TWG may make a new player a bit nervous about his abilities, and therefore he might do whatever he can to be helpful, trying to "fit in," human or wolf. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's trying to get up with all of us and make himself useful.

                                Remember that we tend to target newbies in the beginning of games simply because we don't understand their playing styles. I don't think we've been right yet in lynching an "odd" newbie. I guarantee you that if petpro did what Afro has been doing this game, he'd be lynched right away. I'm not saying don't watch petpro if you're suspicious of him, just don't be oversensitive. We don't have much room to make mistakes this game.

                                And, I will stay true to my word and get mad. I was a wolf with two newbies last game, and they stayed quiet all through the beginning because they didn't know what to say or how to behave. I'm not going to ride with this theory this game (yet), but it's the best I have right now. jwcgator, get out here and post already.

                                PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                                Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                                Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                                Originally posted by Squeek
                                My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                                Comment

                                Working...