TWG XXXIV

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuidoHunter
    is against custom titles
    • Oct 2003
    • 7371

    #31
    Re: TWG XXXIV

    Night talking is there for if we really need to use it. Talking about whom we most think will be dead come the day really doesn't help us at all.

    If you're worried about dying, however, and need to get a valuable piece of information out, then yeah, by all means post at night.

    --Guido


    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    Originally posted by Grandiagod
    She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
    Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

    Comment

    • FoJaR
      The Worst
      • Nov 2005
      • 2816

      #32
      Re: TWG XXXIV

      thanks talis.

      i agree with guido.

      games with card flipping are about trusting no-one.

      that's my sage advice for now.

      Comment

      • Afrobean
        Admiral in the Red Army
        • Dec 2003
        • 13262

        #33
        Re: TWG XXXIV

        Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
        Well afro you going for being wrong again? So far you've been wrong 3 times in a row. Might as well try again right?

        Seriously though, taking a poll on who should die during the night is not helpful at all. It taints the wolves' choices and therefore nothing is gained from wolf picks. Normally I don't care about wolf picks because there is some type of strategy to discuss or something but this game is basically random stabs in the dark for awhile.
        You're right. It's just the way you went about saying it that makes it seem odd.

        I don't know why everyone was throwing my name around as a good night 1 pick. Seems that tps mentioned it and everyone thought it was a good idea. Whatever though. Next time let's not talk about who the best wolf kill would be because the wolves will just go with whoever we are expecting to die and we will gain nothing from the wolfing.
        let's break it down:

        I don't know why everyone was throwing my name around as a good night 1 pick.
        Basically, someone mentioned you as a possible night 1 kill. I honestly didn't even notice anyone doing this. Why call attention to it?

        Seems that tps mentioned it and everyone thought it was a good idea. Whatever though.
        Obviously you feel that you would not be a good night 1 kill. If you were truly apethetic (as represented by your "whatever though"), you wouldn't have brought up the topic in the way you did. It obviously bothered you.

        Next time let's not talk about who the best wolf kill would be because the wolves will just go with whoever we are expecting to die and we will gain nothing from the wolfing.
        Not really. Wolves tend to do what a wolf isn't expected to do, unless they have something big to gain from doing what is expected of them (ie killing tass). Our speculating who would die wouldn't guarantee their death, because the wolves could just as easily leave them alive to garner suspicion (imagine how many people would be watching Tass if he hadn't died).

        In the end though, I do agree. We shouldn't speculate kills, if only because it may give the wolves ideas or possibilities for frames (I'm looking at Fish's post during the night here...).

        oh and ps
        Normally I don't care about wolf picks because there is some type of strategy to discuss or something but this game is basically random stabs in the dark for awhile.
        You can't be serious. ALL GAMES start out with 0 information. This game is no different, besides that we could post during night 1 which would actually increase the amount of information (even if the information is useless).

        Comment

        • GuidoHunter
          is against custom titles
          • Oct 2003
          • 7371

          #34
          Re: TWG XXXIV

          Games usually start out with no information (barring people coming out Night 1 which is actually relatively common), but they often start out with something to discuss, like a special role or how to use an element of the game. How many games have we had where a role was broken before it could have been used? This one has nothing. Notice that you were the one that used the word "information", not iggy.

          Also, just because you don't take note of something doesn't mean nobody else did. You said: "Basically, someone mentioned you as a possible night 1 kill. I honestly didn't even notice anyone doing this." And I'll return with the fact that I immediately wondered why iggy was there with Tass on the likely Night 1 kill list.

          I'd love to go over some more of Afro's bad analysis, but I've got some gaming to do.

          --Guido


          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #35
            Re: TWG XXXIV



            you guys suck at taking my bait

            So yeah, take my previous posts with a grain of salt. A few points are serious (his post really did have an odd feel to me) but other points (basically my whole second post) were pulled out of my ass in an attempt to get people talking. Evidently, I should try a little harder when trying to push people toward discussion.

            ps @ guido: there are lots of games where no blues come out and there is no open discussion of possible blue tactics. Simply removing the blues does not break day 1 any more than an average game.

            Comment

            • iggymatrixcounter
              FFR Veteran
              • Nov 2003
              • 1924

              #36
              Re: TWG XXXIV

              omfg afro seriously you're breaking down my sentences like there's some hidden meaning behind them lol. You are digging pretty deep for your evidence. And on day 1 at that. If you didn't have a vote on me I would think you're just trying to get discussion out there. Why you've picked me as your horse to ride though I have no clue.

              Originally posted by afro
              You can't be serious. ALL GAMES start out with 0 information. This game is no different
              Games will start with a discussion of roles, and then therefore lead to a discussion of strategies. While it's not related to who's a wolf and who's human. Wolves and humans interacting with what strategy to go with has been fairly huge IMO. Plus it has kept good activity from days 1 and 2. That's why day 3 and onward are so inactive, because most things have been set into place and there is little more to talk about. Games don't start with nothing, they start with everything and as the game goes on there becomes less and less to talk about.
              lastfm
              PANDORA

              Comment

              • iggymatrixcounter
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2003
                • 1924

                #37
                Re: TWG XXXIV

                lol wow afro I knew something was wrong with you.
                lastfm
                PANDORA

                Comment

                • sertman
                  DADALADAH
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 3910

                  #38
                  Re: TWG XXXIV

                  How do we know Afro isn't just trying to save his own ass after making a bunch of stupid comments?

                  Comment

                  • mattc16
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 524

                    #39
                    Re: TWG XXXIV

                    He could be. It's hard to tell, it did strike me as a bit odd iggy going on the defensive like that straight away, not making any suggestions iggy but you're not usually like that.


                    Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                    Comment

                    • iggymatrixcounter
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 1924

                      #40
                      Re: TWG XXXIV

                      Originally posted by mattc16
                      He could be. It's hard to tell, it did strike me as a bit odd iggy going on the defensive like that straight away, not making any suggestions iggy but you're not usually like that.
                      Normally I let accusations like that slide, but afro voted me and therefore I thought he was serious about his extreme claims. Therefore I had to say something because I don't want a bunch of people to jump on a bandwagon.
                      lastfm
                      PANDORA

                      Comment

                      • mattc16
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 524

                        #41
                        Re: TWG XXXIV

                        He voted for you? I must have overlooked that, that's a fair point.


                        Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #42
                          Re: TWG XXXIV

                          Yeah because an early vote on day one means a whole lot, especially from me.

                          Comment

                          • Kilgamayan
                            Super Scooter Happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2003
                            • 6583

                            #43
                            Re: TWG XXXIV

                            Originally posted by sertman
                            How do we know Afro isn't just trying to save his own ass after making a bunch of stupid comments?
                            We don't, but at the same time we don't know if you just fell for his second trap.
                            I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                            Comment

                            • Tps222
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 6169

                              #44
                              Re: TWG XXXIV

                              I can't tell if Afro is trying to cash in on his rep of being very aggressive in the beginning, or if he is just acting normal.

                              Comment

                              • FishFishRevolution
                                GotR Creator
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 7251

                                #45
                                Re: TWG XXXIV

                                Right now I agree with Kilga, I saw no harm in discussing last night's kill for the reasons already stated and becuase activity is what's going to help us the most to determine the wolves this game. Afro's early vote is a typical human move for him, and iggy seems more high-strung than wolfy to me, although maybe both.

                                Comment

                                Working...