TWG XXXIV

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • petpro32
    FFR Player
    • May 2006
    • 160

    #46
    Re: TWG XXXIV

    I don't really see what we can do right now, with no special roles. I think that, as others have said, it'll be just a shot in the dark, so i guess that its time to start voting soon. So far there's one for Iggy. I feel that afro tried too hard to cast blame on iggy, and that he seemed a bit desperate, but that's just my inexperienced opinion. I am left undecided as of yet. Any one else have anything?


    Comment

    • nforcer06164
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2003
      • 4772

      #47
      Re: TWG XXXIV

      I initially thought iggy was right in that we should not discuss probable kills for the next night once the day ends, because it does spoil discussion for the next day. However, we do it all the time on AIM. That does not really cause complications next day, because it gets us thinking about "whys" and "what ifs". I'd say that's the best way to go about discussing possible night kills amongst ourselves (if necessary); just because night posting is allowed doesn't mean we need to use it. If we do discuss possible kills in the thread, next day will likely be "I told you so", followed by "...", and we don't want that.

      Because Afro's "bait" is pretty much ruined now, I'd like to say that it's really not all that unusual as of late. I was a wolf the past two games, so I was extremely sensitive to votes. Afro acted like this both games and got me all "WTF" when he was human. I'm not sure exactly who or what he was trying to pull into all of this, but don't take it as a wolfy tactic.

      Now, we could all be "Tass is dead lol" or "fight iggy afro fight" right now, but I think both are causing us to crash into dead ends, and the end will be a random vote. Anybody would've killed Tass, and the iggy/afro conflict looks like jumpy humans to me right now. Because we don't have much to discuss in relation to roles, there;s not much to say right now. We need to move in some sort of direction, and I think the best way to do that is to get everyone to say a good few lines to get their voices in there. I'll be sure to vote inactives midday, because this is definitely NOT the game to keep quiet in.

      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

      Originally posted by Squeek
      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

      Comment

      • sertman
        DADALADAH
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jun 2005
        • 3910

        #48
        Re: TWG XXXIV

        I'm still kind of getting the hang of things and seeing what ideas lead to what actions, this being my first TWG and all, so I probably won't be one of the ones who's going to talk up a storm and bring too many new things to the table.

        Comment

        • petpro32
          FFR Player
          • May 2006
          • 160

          #49
          Re: TWG XXXIV

          Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread:2 (2 members)

          petpro32, FoJaR


          Needs more active players.


          Comment

          • FoJaR
            The Worst
            • Nov 2005
            • 2816

            #50
            Re: TWG XXXIV

            leave me out of this

            Comment

            • iggymatrixcounter
              FFR Veteran
              • Nov 2003
              • 1924

              #51
              Re: TWG XXXIV

              CypherToorima, Wilkin, jwcgator, and Jurs still need to post.
              lastfm
              PANDORA

              Comment

              • iggymatrixcounter
                FFR Veteran
                • Nov 2003
                • 1924

                #52
                Re: TWG XXXIV

                Originally posted by sertman
                I'm still kind of getting the hang of things and seeing what ideas lead to what actions, this being my first TWG and all, so I probably won't be one of the ones who's going to talk up a storm and bring too many new things to the table.
                Why not? We could tell if you were a new human or a new wolf depending on what you had to say.

                I blasted the thread with posts my first twg, I don't see why you can't do the same.
                lastfm
                PANDORA

                Comment

                • FoJaR
                  The Worst
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 2816

                  #53
                  Re: TWG XXXIV

                  people who seem wolfy to me so far: afro, iggy, fish, mattc16

                  Comment

                  • petpro32
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2006
                    • 160

                    #54
                    Re: TWG XXXIV

                    people who seem wolfy to me: Afro, Iggy, Fish

                    I don't know why, but Afro's vote and Iggy's counter's seemed staged, then we had Fish coming along throwing away peoples suspicions with his advice, and it seems planned. As Talisman said, wolves have to be thinking two moves ahead, and I think that they are. again, I'm open to any counter statements or insight.


                    Comment

                    • Afrobean
                      Admiral in the Red Army
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 13262

                      #55
                      Re: TWG XXXIV

                      Originally posted by sertman
                      I'm still kind of getting the hang of things and seeing what ideas lead to what actions, this being my first TWG and all, so I probably won't be one of the ones who's going to talk up a storm and bring too many new things to the table.
                      Then why even sign up. You basically just said "I'm new to the game so I won't even try and I plan on just coasting." You have to try. If you're not willing to even try, you don't even deserve to sign up.

                      Anyway, that tactic works well if you're a wolf, but if you're human, doing that SEVERELY HURTS.

                      Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                      CypherToorima, Wilkin, jwcgator, and Jurs still need to post.
                      Not the most active posters there... Cypher doesn't even come to FFR really anymore even.

                      Originally posted by FoJaR
                      people who seem wolfy to me so far: afro, iggy, fish, mattc16
                      >:|

                      Comment

                      • sertman
                        DADALADAH
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 3910

                        #56
                        Re: TWG XXXIV

                        As I said before in a PM to tass, with the absence of a jTWG, there's no real other way for me to get used to the game. I'm still going to be active, talking, etc. but i'm not going to be writing 4 and 5 paragraph posts with my ideas. Sorry if my post was misinterpeted, but that's how i meant it... i'll post, but they won't be monstracities like what some of you guys write

                        Comment

                        • CypherToorima
                          Boss of all bosses
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 2452

                          #57
                          Re: TWG XXXIV

                          I've been keeping up with the thread, checking it when I can, it's just hard to post when people say what I'm thinking.

                          From what I've seen, Afro votes early, usually to get some talk going. Of course it's hard to say he's a wolf, or a human. It seems to have worked, so I'll give him the shadow of the doubt.

                          I saw Iggy mentioned that night posting was dumb. I don't think so. It's no the most usefull thing, especially on night one when absolutely nothing has happened, but later, I'm sure we'll find a use for it.

                          And the "talking about who's gonna get lynched tonight talk is stupid". I think it's useless. I don't really see what anyone gains from it, except for the "why's" and "what if's" nforcer mentioned, but I don't see how talking about it before hand could do us any good. nforcer also mentioned that people talk about it on AIM, but I don't really talk to many TWG players on AIM, so I don't really know.

                          that's all for now.
                          I'm a figantic gaggot

                          Comment

                          • Wilkin
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 1800

                            #58
                            Re: TWG XXXIV

                            Let's get this game off on the right foot:

                            1) Night posting. Especially with cardflipping in this game, I think night posting should be used for everyone to discuss the day's lynching publically, before someone else is killed. Depending on the outcome of the cardflipping, people can discuss their views and opinions on "why someone voted him," or "why was it so close between those two people," without the pressure of someone being bandwagon'd on. I would think of it as a time for relaxing with casual conversation instead of strategizing and more speculation.

                            An easy analogy is to compare it to a poker tournament. Every couple of hours, the players get a break to relax and pull themselves and their concentration together before heading back into the fray. If we used the allowance of night posting like that, it could be a good foundation for the proceding discussion the next day.

                            2) Iggy. He's been subject to a lot of stuff the past couple games, so I'm not surprised to see him a bit edgy. The idea of him and Afro staging the arguements is an interesting one, and shouldn't be completely ruled out. I'm keeping an objective viewpoint for everyone for the time being, however, as I don't like to form speculations so early and subconsiously align myself to them.

                            3) Tass. As everyone else said, pretty run-of-the-mill. Another interesting idea would be to wolf Tass merely to piss him off, especially after his night post talking about his recent Night 1 deaths. It's a long shot that all of the wolves would've done it for this reason alone, but I'm sure Tass isn't the only candidate for a first kill.


                            More as the day progresses.
                            l
                            WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                            ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                            ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                            OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                            Comment

                            • sertman
                              DADALADAH
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jun 2005
                              • 3910

                              #59
                              Re: TWG XXXIV

                              You know Tass was already wolfed, right?

                              Comment

                              • petpro32
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2006
                                • 160

                                #60
                                Re: TWG XXXIV

                                Sertman, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have missed that. Anyway, I agree with Wilkin about keeping an objective viewpoint. No use being drawn by someone else's logic, without using any of your own. And about night posting, I think that it's necessary if the humans want to win this game. So until then, keep communicating, and getting your ideas out. We are going to need them, to determine who the wolves are. I'm out for the night.


                                Comment

                                Working...