TWG XXVI: The Werewolf Game TWG (game over)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #166
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

    oh nice... guardian you know what you have to do, etc. Will be good to have a confirmed human out there.

    Oh and thanks for almost lynching me you tards. At least now I'm almost certain tass is human, unless he's playing a really really deep game. Because I can't see any wolf just letting the opportunity to let me die pass by. And vash, good job at voting both iggy and myself with absolutely no original reasoning at all, if there was any reasoning there in the first place.

    Comment

    • HansSky
      FFR Player
      • Oct 2003
      • 1925

      #167
      Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later.

      Originally posted by talisman
      Because I can't see any wolf just letting the opportunity to let me die pass by.
      Yeah especially when you guys are in agreeance on every single thing in the god damn game.

      Also, because I see no downfall in making this public, I was guarded last night. I have considered trying to hold out so I could see who might vote me, but it would be too complicated in figuring out if the people who voted me were human, a dumb wolf, or a smart wolf who'd think I'd think they were human for voting me. Meh. I figured I'd just avoid that whole situation by making this public.

      Unless somebody comes out and says they were guarded also, you can assume that I'm telling the truth.
      hi

      Comment

      • HansSky
        FFR Player
        • Oct 2003
        • 1925

        #168
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

        Talisman: In other words, as a wolf, Tass doesn't see you as a threat.
        hi

        Comment

        • talisman
          Resident Penguin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • May 2003
          • 4598

          #169
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

          A possibility, but in my experience tass is more pragmatic than that. He's said numerous times that he likes to get rid of me early, as a wolf, and he's gotta know that while we were in agreement on mead day one that doesn't mean we'll be in agreement the rest of the game. Hell, even day two we both had different ideas about who to lynch... I favored tps or tasuke he favored mini and ld (I think that's who he mentioned to me).

          Right now I'm looking decently hard at both vash and tps on the theory that it's likely at least one wolf voted for me. Neither one of them fits well with mead being a wolf, unless we assume vash/mead were really dumb as wolves and held basically the exact same opinions/voting day one. tps could fit with mead, but only if you assume that he was trying to get major separation between himself and mead by first mentioning him as a suspicion and second by almost putting the third vote on him. Also that he would mention his wolf partner in his first post.

          Now, on their own, I think the case is decently even between both of them. I lean towards tps a little because vash has some little things going in his favor. For example his contacting me after my first post (which I already mentioned), and his response in the fojar thread, although I guess both of those could have been faked. It might be notable to point out that in fojar's thread he put "the wolf list" instead of "my wolf list".

          Comment

          • talisman
            Resident Penguin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • May 2003
            • 4598

            #170
            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

            hey did anyone else get a pm from tps?

            Comment

            • Tasselfoot
              Retired BOSS
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jul 2003
              • 25185

              #171
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

              no PM from TPS.

              Nice job guardian on Hans.
              RIP

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #172
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                The pm (I don't see any harm in posting this):

                Originally posted by tps
                If I get wolfed (not sure who was guarded last night) then I would look to Hans. The fact that he outspeaks against the 2 most active players, then recruits some people to speak with him is the perfect frame oppurtunity. If I was wolfed, attention would be brought towards either you or tass.

                What are your thoughts on FoJaR? Do you think it's possible that both wolves are alive and FoJaR purposely didn't contact Afro to make us think nForcer is human? I dunno.


                IM or reply to me sometime later today.
                My reply:

                Originally posted by talisman
                Well your hans point seems to be moot as he's the only one claiming to be guarded (so far). It does support your frame theory though, and frankly I was suspecting hans would be a more likely target than you because he essentially started the big tass/me idea.

                On fojar: regardless of his role, I'd suspect him to reply, because I'd expect him to want to stay in the game. So I'm not certain we can necessarily draw the conclusion that he is a wolf if he didn't reply. Most likely he either didn't see it or was on his way to ukraine.
                edit: this was sent out before hans came out, but after the day started. On first glance it strikes me as very human... why would a wolf implicate someone they know is going to come out as a guaranteed human? On the other hand perhaps tps is just doing it as a means of reverse psychology.

                hans tells me that tps told him yesterday he was afraid of dying, so in that sense this does seem more human than not.

                Comment

                • Tasselfoot
                  Retired BOSS
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jul 2003
                  • 25185

                  #173
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                  wait... tps said he was afraid of being wolfed? when is tps EVER wolfed. that doesn't seem more human to me at all.

                  also, why send this to you talisman? when tps was vocally attacking you yesterday and nearly got you lynched.

                  and in that PM tps is making it clear that he was only acting as Hans' pawn on day 2... which doesn't seem very TPS-like.
                  RIP

                  Comment

                  • Tps222
                    FFR Player
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 6169

                    #174
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                    When am I wolfed? Have you payed attention to the last two games? I was wolfed night 1 in 24, and night 3 in 23. I was outspoken against an active player, killing me would acheive confusion and frame. It's not that farfetched.

                    Well, I felt that if I should send it to anyone, Talisman should be the person. Not only would he handle it the best, if I did die, it would be most beneficial for him to have it. If not, doesn't hurt me in anyway, does it?

                    I wouldn't say Hans's pawn so much as just someone who listened to an idea and decided to run with it. I did the same with Blah's idea in last minute switch voting, I like to go with other peoples ideas and see how they work.

                    I'll post the rest of my thoughts later. (I'm really sick, I'll do my best to get on)

                    Comment

                    • nforcer06164
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2003
                      • 4772

                      #175
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                      Apparently I'm playing now? I just got the PM, so, sorry for the tardiness. I'll read up and make a decent post soon enough.

                      EDIT: If someone would like to PM me with some supplementary details as I attempt to catch up, that'd be great.

                      PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                      Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                      Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                      Originally posted by Squeek
                      My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #176
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                        This is pathetic you guys. Deadline is in 6 hours, and all that's been discussed is the save and my PM.

                        I'll jumpstart things with a vote on Vash. Yesterday he blindly voted Talisman, buying the whole Talisman Tass deal without any of his own reasoning. Vash is smarter than this, all game it seems that he has been trying to stay with the popular decision to preserve his own life, which is the main goal of a wolf.

                        Comment

                        • nforcer06164
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2003
                          • 4772

                          #177
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                          I just finished reading the thread. I think it is important to point out, after reading TPS's PM, that FoJaR didn't necessarily know when and if he was going to be replaced by me (hence his little jabber about finding an internet café). I was a bit alarmed to find that there was no kill, thinking, "Aww, crap, now I'm framed." But with the absence of a kill being a guarding, along with a null of the "framing" strategy mentioned in the PM, it seems OK for the moment.

                          My thoughts from the games 12 pages so far:

                          - No strong thought's on Fish's kill. It's a good choice, regardless of the amount of jTWGers playing. I see him as a decent player myself, and if I were a wolf, I wouldn't hesitate to pick him for a Night 1 kill.

                          - iggy's activity kind of gave me an iffy feeling. Some of the things he said seemed weird, but as a new guy to TWG, I took it as "learning the ropes," and his constant help sealed a "human" label for me. It distreesed me so to see him get wolfed.

                          - Ahhh, vash and mead... this is where it gets good. Let's see... the close voting was "something wolves wouldn't do". But, they voted for someone who was seemingly human for his proactive behavior. I think that it's a likely possibility this game, coming off such a long break, that the wolves would try to do something unusual to catch the humans off guard. Though this works if they're both wolves, I am not 100% sure mead was a wolf. Still...

                          - vash's actions leave a bad taste in my mouth. He's voted for two proactive players that came off human (iggy and Talisman), and if I remember correctly, his reasoning wasn't quite convincing. His voting pattern, coupled with the idea that he may have been part of a strange wolf strategy, is enough to earn my vote. Even if mead wasn't a wolf, vash is as close to wolf as we have right now.

                          PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
                          Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
                          Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

                          Originally posted by Squeek
                          My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"

                          Comment

                          • Tasselfoot
                            Retired BOSS
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 25185

                            #178
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                            Shit. I didn't realize this ended tonight either... I thought it was tomorrow night.

                            And of course, it ends at 10pm... when the Nova game starts in 15 minutes and will go til 9 when 24 starts which goes to 10.... so, uh... I won't really be paying attention from 7-10...

                            My vote will go where I wanted it to go yesterday but couldn't... MiniNeo. Not a single post from him today, which NEVER sits well with me... plus my reasoning from yesterday.
                            RIP

                            Comment

                            • Kilgamayan
                              Super Scooter Happy
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2003
                              • 6583

                              #179
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                              Neo not posting at all is pretty irritating, but Tps's reasoning and nforcer's reasoning look really good to me. Not much I can add to what they already said besides agreeing with them.

                              vash
                              I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                              Comment

                              • HansSky
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 1925

                                #180
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                                Well, I'm glad everybody thinks Vash is a wolf except for me.
                                hi

                                Comment

                                Working...