TWG XXVI: The Werewolf Game TWG (game over)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FoJaR
    The Worst
    • Nov 2005
    • 2816

    #31
    RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

    my feeling that there was a vet among the wolves was not based on statistics, but on my feelings about the fish kill on night one.

    Comment

    • FishFishRevolution
      GotR Creator
      • Nov 2003
      • 7251

      #32
      RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

      It wasn't supposed to end this way, my darling.

      We'll see each other again one day...I promise.

      Comment

      • iggymatrixcounter
        FFR Veteran
        • Nov 2003
        • 1924

        #33
        Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

        Originally posted by mead1
        Based on the first few posts, I'm watching Iggy. He may be a jTWGer, but the first game I played with him, he proved to be much smarter then his posts suggested initially. He was also a rather good wolf in the game after that. Nothing major or anything, but just a suspicion off the top of my head.
        This is true but just for clarification I've only played 3 games (So all the rules aren't solid to me yet.) And the first game I played, Mead was confirmed psychic and I worked with him, and second game I was a wolf that had the seer reveal himself to me day 2. (third game doesn't count, was lynched because everyone was acting like the game was thier personal GB.)

        As far as suspicions, I'm looking mostly at vash because the 2 times I saw him play as a human, he pretty much didn't help at all and would start things. As a wolf though he did about 1-2 posts a day summing up what others have already stated to slip under the radar. Early to make this assumption but I don't know how most of the people play so I've got nothing to compare.

        To Tass:
        Originally posted by tasselfoot
        As I said above, valid. BUT, he puts his opinion initially on the other jtwgers AND himself... instead of ruling himself out like TPS did in his post directly following
        I think he did this because gonzo omitted himself in a list similar to that and gonzo got lynched, maybe he just doesn't want to repeat it, though I don't though if that makes him more or less wolfish, just a fact on why he did it.

        Haven't talked to many people (just fojar) so after a few convos, I'll have something to work with.
        lastfm
        PANDORA

        Comment

        • iggymatrixcounter
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2003
          • 1924

          #34
          RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

          After talking with a few vet TWGer's, I've really found nothing, nothing really to go on but got a bit of background on some people. The only conclusions I've found is that Tass is uber good, LD and Kilga are laid back, eb analyzes theories, and that some of the vets have become less active. That may help other jTWG playing but talking with members of each party consists of practically different strategies.

          But I've asked similar questions and have found that no one is really "equal" on how they view things or ideas that people post. Now maybe I'm over analyzing but it would seem that statistically, yes a vet has to be a wolf. But now figuring who would pick fish is anyone's guess. (for me because I don't have much past history) Maybe I'm being over analitical* but there has to be a link between, helpfulness to random people and your role. In the jTWG group, not too many people will tell you their strategy. TWG: people will discuss practically everything. jTWG: wolves talk to you more than humans. TWG: no absolute conclusion. jTWG: you get lynched because "you act funny". TWG: same to a point. (If you act funny you get seered then killed if found wolf)

          I would really like to talk to Tass to find a few things also, maybe the reason that bad guesses are made is because not enough data is collected/ compared. I'll drop a couple PM's since I didn't get to everyone.

          But something that is interesting is that, this mix of TWG and jTWG has advantages and disadvantages to both parties. I foresee a huge "wrench" being thrown into the gears, mainly because the jTWGers will bandwagon someone's (Tass lol) vote because "they know what they are doing."

          In either case until more info is collected, everyone checks out to me.
          lastfm
          PANDORA

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #35
            RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

            Iggy... I'm glad you're being very proactive. I like that. Alot.

            A few pointers... most obviously... PROOFREAD your posts. They are rife with incorrect words, misspelled words, words being used twice in a row. Nickpicking I know, but it took me about 2x as long to read and there is a chance something of what you meant to say was understood differently than what I took you to mean.

            Please don't say things so black and white as "but it would seem that statistically, yes a vet has to be a wolf." As I said above, math says it is MOST LIKELY of the 3 options. That is in no way a certainty. Even 1 in 1 million odds can hit. You never know until it is over. Instead try and continue talking to people and working out strategy so you can implicate others for actual reasons... not the old jTWG adage of "you act funny" or my personal favorite of "he's still around... must be a wolf."

            Also, I'm ALWAYS online... hit me up and I'll be glad to talk. We've talked about the arcade before, so you shouldn't have a reason to be shy. That goes for anyone else as well. My posts so far have been.... intentionally avoiding contributing heavily to accusations early in day 1. I'd rather influence the thought process of our newer members so that they can make intelligent votes through the entire game, not just blindly follow like the middle-tier of jTWG.

            Iggy, I'm all about data. Not sure what data you're looking to collect for this game as of yet... but talk to me about it. I can almost certainly be of use, with my historical spreadsheet and all.

            I sincerely hope the jTWGers who have moved up to TWG are smart enough to think for themselves and make INTELLIGENT votes (I already said this). Also, don't be afraid to CHANGE your vote after making it initially. New information is always coming to light and your opinion CAN change. Don't rush your votes either like jTWGers are prone to do.

            Oh yea... no seer this game Iggy, so suspicious people can't be seered.

            Oh yea again... Iggy, in your 1st post you comment about suspicions against Vash, then you quote me in my comments about Vash and seemingly defend him (not completely, but mentioning it at all is a defense of him). The two paragraphs contradict each other.
            RIP

            Comment

            • talisman
              Resident Penguin
              FFR Simfile Author
              • May 2003
              • 4598

              #36
              In case anyone wants to see it, this is the convo I had with iggy. I'm making it small so it doesn't rape the page size and because there isn't anything groundbreaking in there. But I guess it could be useful as a resource. Copy + paste it somewhere else to read it. I thought ctrl + scroll would work but apparently the size tags are permanent.

              PS: my thoughts on the convo- he's genuinely interested in getting to know stuff, or at least wants to maintain that appearance. His post above me clearly shows that he had some backgroud motive for talking to different people (the testing to see how helpful they would be to him). And towards the end his question of what I thought of him has to be some sort of a litmus test. And isn't something I'd think a wolf would do... as wolves a) don't want the attention b) don't want to appear like they're asking for the attention in order to make it look like they can't be wolves. That's convoluted but I think it makes sense. Either way it's hard to draw conclusions since I don't really know iggy that well.


              Iggy911Mc (10:41:23 PM): talisman right?
              stressreliefball (10:41:30 PM): yes
              Iggy911Mc (10:41:55 PM): win much on the super bowl game?
              stressreliefball (10:42:14 PM): not really... didn't bet on it this yera
              Iggy911Mc (10:42:23 PM): meh me neither
              Iggy911Mc (10:42:45 PM): but at any rate i wanted to get ur feelings on tass's comment after u posted those convos
              stressreliefball (10:43:02 PM): the "so hans brought it up" one?
              Iggy911Mc (10:43:05 PM): where tass said that it was interesting that hans was pushing nonrandom picks
              Iggy911Mc (10:43:07 PM): yea
              Iggy911Mc (10:43:12 PM): y is that interesting
              stressreliefball (10:43:25 PM): well I'm not really sure why he found it interesting
              stressreliefball (10:43:55 PM): perhaps he saw it as a kind of indication of something or the other with hans, I dunno
              Iggy911Mc (10:43:58 PM): think hes just trying to bring hans out?
              Iggy911Mc (10:44:03 PM): on a guilty trip
              stressreliefball (10:44:23 PM): well probably not... hans is too good, if he were a wolf, to fall for that kind of thing
              stressreliefball (10:44:58 PM): it does sort of add suspicion hans' way
              stressreliefball (10:45:26 PM): it referring to tass' post pre my explanation
              Iggy911Mc (10:45:51 PM): in TWG is the smallest detail usually something gives away someone? bc in jtwg it was whoever slipped first got lynched and usually was wrong
              stressreliefball (10:46:11 PM): well day one in TWG we have a fairly awful track record
              Iggy911Mc (10:46:12 PM): to state that better...
              Iggy911Mc (10:46:22 PM): ok so u knew what i meant
              stressreliefball (10:46:32 PM): in games where no blue-related event was there
              stressreliefball (10:46:39 PM): I think like once we got a wolf day one
              Iggy911Mc (10:46:44 PM): ic
              stressreliefball (10:46:48 PM): without a seering or some other such thing
              Iggy911Mc (10:46:53 PM): was it luck or actual evidence
              stressreliefball (10:47:04 PM): I don't really know
              stressreliefball (10:47:13 PM): it was before I played, I think
              stressreliefball (10:47:18 PM): anyway
              stressreliefball (10:47:22 PM): to answer your question
              stressreliefball (10:47:36 PM): people typically get lynched for small dumb reasons, yes
              stressreliefball (10:48:02 PM): although those reasons tend to be more like "he seems off"
              stressreliefball (10:48:15 PM): than something like what tass did
              stressreliefball (10:48:30 PM): when wolves do get caught it's not generally because they made a mistake
              stressreliefball (10:48:45 PM): it's more because either blues figured them out or people just started adding up the evidence
              Iggy911Mc (10:49:05 PM): well thats what ive noticed, but it would almost seem that the most concrete guy would be a wolf wouldnt it bc they would be more careful as what they were saying and make sure everything matched and no lies or contradictions could be found?
              Iggy911Mc (10:49:28 PM): have u ever been a wolf?
              stressreliefball (10:49:34 PM): yes, but the good humans are like that as well
              stressreliefball (10:49:44 PM): yeah I've been a wolf at least once
              stressreliefball (10:50:00 PM): I forget if I was a wolf again after that
              Iggy911Mc (10:50:10 PM): what was ur strategy or do u remember?
              stressreliefball (10:50:25 PM): well I was pretty much a failure at it... I was still fairly new
              stressreliefball (10:50:38 PM): I tried to talk less
              Iggy911Mc (10:50:40 PM): whered u mess up?
              stressreliefball (10:50:42 PM): and appear helpful
              stressreliefball (10:50:58 PM): where I messed up was in sounding forced and not being as active as I had been previously
              stressreliefball (10:51:00 PM): plus
              stressreliefball (10:51:02 PM): I got seered
              stressreliefball (10:51:09 PM): but that's what got me seered
              Iggy911Mc (10:51:19 PM): was there any suspicion on u until then?
              Iggy911Mc (10:51:24 PM): o ok
              stressreliefball (10:51:33 PM): yeah tps was seer that game
              stressreliefball (10:51:40 PM): he thought I was suspicious, he seered me
              Iggy911Mc (10:52:03 PM): so whats the common role that wolves play as far as posting goes?
              stressreliefball (10:52:14 PM): depends on the person, really
              Iggy911Mc (10:52:18 PM): small medium or large basically is what im looking for
              stressreliefball (10:52:38 PM): like if a typically inactive player is a wolf
              Iggy911Mc (10:52:45 PM): the reason i asked these questions is bc i dont know how TWG is played and how different it is from jTWG
              stressreliefball (10:52:48 PM): they will probably appear more active as a wolf
              stressreliefball (10:53:01 PM): most wolves want to maintain the appearance of being involved in the game
              Iggy911Mc (10:53:11 PM): so whats ur view on vash and his style or have u played many games with him?
              stressreliefball (10:53:13 PM): it's rare that a wolf will get phantoms or not post for a while
              stressreliefball (10:53:21 PM): well I've played a couple with him
              stressreliefball (10:53:30 PM): he got lynched early both times I think
              stressreliefball (10:53:36 PM): and wrongly, too
              Iggy911Mc (10:53:50 PM): same here but he was lynched basically for being a douche
              stressreliefball (10:54:03 PM): he tends to seem more suspicious than he is
              stressreliefball (10:54:19 PM): that's been my general judgment of him
              Iggy911Mc (10:54:22 PM): but his semi helpful post is the biggest thing i see so far and i just want to know if im the only one making that assumption
              stressreliefball (10:54:44 PM): well at this stage I can go either way with that post
              Iggy911Mc (10:54:44 PM): so wolf human or undecided on his part?
              stressreliefball (10:54:48 PM): undecided
              Iggy911Mc (10:55:00 PM): split 50-50?
              stressreliefball (10:55:07 PM): basically yes
              stressreliefball (10:55:30 PM): the fact that he IM-d me after my first post about the random role thing
              stressreliefball (10:55:39 PM): makes me lean human a little I guess
              stressreliefball (10:55:59 PM): doesn't seem like a wolfy thing to do... as the wolves would have more knowledge of those matters
              Iggy911Mc (10:56:00 PM): and y would u say that
              Iggy911Mc (10:56:39 PM): true never thought of that
              stressreliefball (10:56:58 PM): I just don't see a wolf thinking it's in his best interest to contact me about something that minor
              stressreliefball (10:57:14 PM): but whatever, it's far too small a thing to go on right now
              stressreliefball (10:57:20 PM): which is why I'm still undecided
              Iggy911Mc (10:58:24 PM): ok he def seems more human to me, bc when we were wolves together he didnt do anything constructive on his own
              Iggy911Mc (10:58:49 PM): whats up with LD's post?
              Iggy911Mc (10:58:55 PM): random humor?
              stressreliefball (10:59:02 PM): fairly typical of him and kilga really
              Iggy911Mc (10:59:14 PM): ic
              stressreliefball (10:59:27 PM): they both survive and win a lot of games by rendering themselves seemingly value-less
              stressreliefball (10:59:40 PM): well ld moreso of late than kilga
              stressreliefball (10:59:57 PM): kilga will probably make a decent vote post when he gets around to it
              Iggy911Mc (11:00:03 PM): they pretty consistant no matter what their role is?
              stressreliefball (11:00:06 PM): ld will probably random
              stressreliefball (11:00:25 PM): well if ld isn't green
              stressreliefball (11:00:29 PM): he will try
              Iggy911Mc (11:00:31 PM): so if i asked LD to make a vote and y it cant be trusted bc itll be random?
              stressreliefball (11:00:59 PM): well if you asked ld to make a vote he'd probably be like "I don't know enough yet" or something
              stressreliefball (11:01:41 PM): it would be typical of him to either random or go with someone that alot have mentioned as suspicious
              stressreliefball (11:01:55 PM): ld rarely will make a strong early vote, or at least hasn't in a while
              Iggy911Mc (11:02:52 PM): does he always hate on Tass?
              stressreliefball (11:03:02 PM): no not really
              stressreliefball (11:03:08 PM): that's more afro's thing
              stressreliefball (11:03:25 PM): him saying that is more of a joke about tass' whole persona really
              Iggy911Mc (11:04:16 PM): lightdarkness42 (12:01:04 AM): but I always think tass is a wolf
              Iggy911Mc (11:04:26 PM): so what would that statement mean to u if u heard it from him?
              stressreliefball (11:04:44 PM): meh, it's half sarcastic half serious
              stressreliefball (11:04:49 PM): that's how I would take it
              Iggy911Mc (11:07:21 PM): something that occurs in jTWG i noticed is that wolves will explain everything without really doubting trust and humans wont give away things, does that occur in TWG also or is it a newb assumption?
              stressreliefball (11:07:47 PM): I'm not sure what you mean
              Iggy911Mc (11:08:17 PM): for ex, fojar has given me some strat and keeps "joking about things" whenever i ask him to explain what he means and then goes to another topic
              stressreliefball (11:08:34 PM): as a wolf?
              Iggy911Mc (11:08:38 PM): like that topic he made
              Iggy911Mc (11:08:59 PM): well i dunno but a couple wolves did similar things so i dont know if he would do it also unknowingly
              stressreliefball (11:09:24 PM): well I really don't know how to read fojar
              Iggy911Mc (11:09:45 PM): maybe im over analyzing then
              stressreliefball (11:09:48 PM): typically I find most wolves won't want to change the subject because they're afraid of looking like they're trying to change the subject
              stressreliefball (11:09:50 PM): or something like that
              Iggy911Mc (11:10:15 PM): thats true
              stressreliefball (11:12:02 PM): who all have you talked to so far?
              Iggy911Mc (11:12:28 PM): um u the most, fojar, tps, LD, and just started with kilga
              stressreliefball (11:12:40 PM): ok
              Iggy911Mc (11:12:44 PM): in respective order of time spent talking
              stressreliefball (11:13:04 PM): if anything interesting happens in those convos be sure to post it
              Iggy911Mc (11:13:45 PM): well im not too sure whats interesting, only interesting thing was that blurp about fojar
              Iggy911Mc (11:16:48 PM): kilga picks his names out of a hat on who is acting fishy
              Iggy911Mc (11:17:00 PM): fojar makes choices on solid "evidence"
              Iggy911Mc (11:17:15 PM): LD apparently doesnt trust anyone but has some way to make a vote
              Iggy911Mc (11:17:27 PM): tps left before i could discuss it with him
              stressreliefball (11:18:15 PM): I think the best method of voting day one is just to see if there are any behavioral clues
              stressreliefball (11:18:27 PM): for instance if one person is acting not like how they normally act (As a human)
              Iggy911Mc (11:20:06 PM): well thisll be hard for me as i have only really played with vash fojar and minineo (mead once but it was different circumstances
              stressreliefball (11:20:25 PM): right... this game will be hard for everyone
              stressreliefball (11:20:36 PM): twgers not knowing how the jtwgers play and vice versa
              Iggy911Mc (11:21:48 PM): lol well if u tell me how twgers play i can give u what little insight i have on the jTWGers XD
              stressreliefball (11:22:05 PM): heh aight
              stressreliefball (11:22:12 PM): which players haven't I already talked about?
              Iggy911Mc (11:22:50 PM): i dunno im going through the posts trying to find whos posted
              Iggy911Mc (11:22:56 PM): i guess evil is another
              stressreliefball (11:23:39 PM): well eb
              stressreliefball (11:24:09 PM): eb will tend to be active and won't be afraid of making decent size posts and quote others
              stressreliefball (11:24:31 PM): he likes to bring up every point of view and theory
              stressreliefball (11:24:49 PM): even if sometimes those theories aren't that good, and tass et al will pick on him for this
              Iggy911Mc (11:25:08 PM): lol its already happened
              stressreliefball (11:25:16 PM): true
              stressreliefball (11:25:50 PM): he doesn't give a whole lot of thought to the game except when he's reading the thread or in a chat generally, as a human
              stressreliefball (11:26:30 PM): he's more of an analyzer and less of a planner, although he can see obvious courses of action just as easily as anyone else
              stressreliefball (11:26:46 PM): as a wolf.... I dunno
              stressreliefball (11:26:54 PM): I can't remember the last time really he was a wolf
              stressreliefball (11:27:15 PM): I think he tends to fade a little bit more as a wolf, appears a little more cautious
              stressreliefball (11:27:22 PM): I'd have to check that to be sure though
              Iggy911Mc (11:28:00 PM): hmm so how useful is it to actually read past games, bc ive considered it to maybe find things but i want to know if itll really be worth my time
              stressreliefball (11:28:22 PM): well... it can be useful
              stressreliefball (11:28:31 PM): but it depends on how far you go back
              stressreliefball (11:28:48 PM): for instance if you start at the beginning you'll be like "man why isn't hans posting more?"
              stressreliefball (11:29:11 PM): but then when you get to more recent games you'll see that he's just gotten more inactive over time
              stressreliefball (11:29:39 PM): same thing with lots of vets: ld, kilga, blah all have become less active
              Iggy911Mc (11:30:53 PM): hmm
              Iggy911Mc (11:33:11 PM): well i think ill post my findings then head to bed
              Iggy911Mc (11:33:21 PM): thanks for the background checks XD
              stressreliefball (11:33:25 PM): k no problem
              Iggy911Mc (11:33:49 PM): o wait 1 more question
              Iggy911Mc (11:33:59 PM): whats ur view on me?
              stressreliefball (11:34:31 PM): my view on you is that you're an inquisitive jtwger trying to figure stuff out
              stressreliefball (11:34:48 PM): whether that's all a trying to be innocent to blend in sort of thing I don't really knokw
              stressreliefball (11:35:07 PM): tps and others claim that you're a pretty smart guy, so I'm reserving judgment
              Iggy911Mc (11:35:17 PM): well my strategy, wolf or human is too ask questions
              Iggy911Mc (11:35:57 PM): i sound innocence mostly bc i am but sometimes i need to find out and compare views with other ppl w/o saying "this person said this u agree?"
              Iggy911Mc (11:36:08 PM): but thanks for the credit either way
              stressreliefball (11:36:18 PM): no problem I guess
              Iggy911Mc (11:36:22 PM): later

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #37
                ps @ tass about the seer I think he was talking in general, not this game.

                Comment

                • Tasuke
                  FFR Player
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 1671

                  #38
                  Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                  Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                  But something that is interesting is that, this mix of TWG and jTWG has advantages and disadvantages to both parties. I foresee a huge "wrench" being thrown into the gears, mainly because the jTWGers will bandwagon someone's (Tass lol) vote because "they know what they are doing."
                  Yeah 'cuz everyone knows that all jTWG are retarded and will bandwagon,
                  as soon as someone starts voting for someone who seems possibly wolfish.

                  I think it's pretty obvious that atleast one of the wolves is a vet. Just because from how i see things, I know notheing about any of the TWG people other than Tass is considered one of if not the best, or somethin like that. So the fact that he wasn't wolfed first night leads to either him being a wolf, 2 vets, or 1 vet. I'm thinking it's one vet to one jTWG. Where the vet tells the junior to not wolf someone really expected. AS far as who i actually think the wolves are i have no idea and don't plan to say anything until almost everyone has posted.

                  Comment

                  • Tasselfoot
                    Retired BOSS
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2003
                    • 25185

                    #39
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                    Originally posted by tasuke
                    So the fact that he wasn't wolfed first night leads to either him being a wolf, 2 vets, or 1 vet. I'm thinking it's one vet to one jTWG.
                    Explain this please.

                    Since you n00bs haven't read a past TWG, you have no sense of jackshit in regards to TWG history and jump to asinine conclusions. Here is some FACT for you... I've been wolfed night 1 ONCE, ever. I think I was also saved night 1 once. So that is 2 times out of 20? games as a human. That is 10%.

                    Go read the past 2/3 games where I was human... each game I had HEAVY suspicion on me late in the game because the wolves specifically kept me alive in an attempt to frame me as a wolf and get me lynched under that EXACT logic. "What, tass is alive? MUST BE WOLF! KILL NOW!" It didn't work then, it won't work now... but I'll be content to not be wolfed in the hopes of a frame. Keeps me alive. And lets not forget the guardian... ESPECIALLY with all these jTWGers who are now apparently just now learning of my GOD-LIKE TWG ABILITY.... they'd likely have heard "Oh shi.. tass is twg god? we gots to guard THAT dude!"

                    I honestly would be shocked if I'm ever again wolfed night 1. It just doesn't make sense logically. But, what am I saying... jTWGers don't use LOGIC! Hopefully by the end of this game, that will change.
                    RIP

                    Comment

                    • iggymatrixcounter
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Nov 2003
                      • 1924

                      #40
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                      For safeties sake: this is my first convo with Fojar, if I die it may be useful to someone, but as of now, might be easier to just disregard.

                      TheEastBayKid (11:04:33 PM): iggy-kun
                      Iggy911Mc (11:04:40 PM): sup
                      TheEastBayKid (11:04:47 PM): not a whole lot
                      TheEastBayKid (11:04:52 PM): did you see the thread i started
                      Iggy911Mc (11:04:58 PM): lol yea
                      Iggy911Mc (11:05:11 PM): but u did the same thing igot did when he was a wolf
                      Iggy911Mc (11:05:16 PM): bad bad move there
                      TheEastBayKid (11:05:39 PM): dude
                      TheEastBayKid (11:05:55 PM): i didnt do "the same thing igot did when he was a wolf"
                      TheEastBayKid (11:06:01 PM): i copied his post, verbatim
                      TheEastBayKid (11:06:07 PM): because it's funny
                      Iggy911Mc (11:07:09 PM): lol u see the reply u got from vash?
                      TheEastBayKid (11:08:01 PM): yeah
                      TheEastBayKid (11:08:02 PM): it was good
                      Iggy911Mc (11:08:42 PM): so y do something like that knowing that it would bring u this suspicionj
                      TheEastBayKid (11:09:55 PM): because i figured that the TWGers would immediately see the parody, and get a laugh
                      TheEastBayKid (11:10:23 PM): plus it's funny to me
                      Iggy911Mc (11:10:33 PM): lol ok w/e
                      TheEastBayKid (11:10:55 PM): i'm not going to goof off anymore, i just couldnt help myself with that one
                      Iggy911Mc (11:11:10 PM): good one
                      TheEastBayKid (11:11:20 PM): you have no idea
                      TheEastBayKid (11:11:25 PM): oh man
                      TheEastBayKid (11:11:30 PM): i'm still laughing
                      Iggy911Mc (11:11:38 PM): dont worry tho im pretty sure no one but vash would pursue it anyways
                      TheEastBayKid (11:11:53 PM): yeah
                      TheEastBayKid (11:12:02 PM): nobody but the idiots
                      Iggy911Mc (11:12:21 PM): vash is only an idiot when hes not a wolf tho
                      TheEastBayKid (11:12:28 PM): and really, the best human strategy is not to protect yourself, but to root out the wolves
                      TheEastBayKid (11:12:40 PM): so i dont really care if people accuse me
                      TheEastBayKid (11:12:50 PM): as long as it helps the team in the end
                      Iggy911Mc (11:12:56 PM): but then ull get lynched if they get enough dirt on u
                      TheEastBayKid (11:12:58 PM): which it probably wouldnt, but you know
                      TheEastBayKid (11:13:21 PM): i just hope that during this game my life or death can help the team.
                      Iggy911Mc (11:13:59 PM): go around telling people ur the guardian
                      Iggy911Mc (11:14:19 PM): thatll get u killed and narrow it down bc u told a wolf that u were the guardian
                      TheEastBayKid (11:14:21 PM): why in hell would i do that
                      TheEastBayKid (11:14:48 PM): if i do anything like that, it wont be for at least a day or two
                      TheEastBayKid (11:14:51 PM): if i'm still alive
                      TheEastBayKid (11:14:59 PM): i'm not going to stab around in the dark
                      Iggy911Mc (11:15:04 PM): once a wolf thinks ur guardian then ull get killed and the ppl u told would be valid wolves
                      Iggy911Mc (11:15:22 PM): well thats the only way to "use ur life" to find ppl that i see
                      TheEastBayKid (11:15:32 PM): not the only way, but one of them
                      Iggy911Mc (11:15:56 PM): what would be another?
                      TheEastBayKid (11:15:58 PM): i'm not gonna break you off with any of my other strategies, well i have one other at the moment
                      TheEastBayKid (11:16:08 PM): because i dont trust you yet
                      TheEastBayKid (11:16:53 PM): all i'm going to say is that i'm not going to try anything until i've narrowed it down a little
                      TheEastBayKid (11:17:14 PM): probably another day or two
                      Iggy911Mc (11:17:16 PM): well gl
                      Iggy911Mc (11:17:36 PM): its kinda shaky the first day
                      TheEastBayKid (11:18:51 PM): yeah
                      TheEastBayKid (11:19:01 PM): sorry about that
                      TheEastBayKid (11:19:09 PM): had to go to the bathroom
                      Iggy911Mc (11:19:16 PM): np
                      Iggy911Mc (11:19:53 PM): anyone really stick out to u right now tho?
                      TheEastBayKid (11:25:33 PM): well
                      TheEastBayKid (11:25:45 PM): i kinda trust talis
                      TheEastBayKid (11:25:59 PM): but the fact that i trust him already makes me wary
                      TheEastBayKid (11:29:50 PM): saw your post
                      Iggy911Mc (11:30:07 PM): agree disagree?
                      TheEastBayKid (11:30:18 PM): agree, but you're a good wolf
                      TheEastBayKid (11:30:25 PM): so cry in the corner
                      Iggy911Mc (11:30:55 PM): lol y do u say im a good wolf?
                      Iggy911Mc (11:31:10 PM): i got lucky when i was a wolf really
                      TheEastBayKid (11:31:26 PM): well
                      TheEastBayKid (11:31:34 PM): i either convince myself that you're a good wolf
                      TheEastBayKid (11:31:46 PM): or come to the sad realization that i am a dupey
                      TheEastBayKid (11:31:50 PM): a dupey dupe
                      TheEastBayKid (11:31:55 PM): that is easily hoodwinked
                      Iggy911Mc (11:32:30 PM): XD well i see y ur conservative
                      TheEastBayKid (11:32:38 PM): what
                      TheEastBayKid (11:32:40 PM): i am liberal
                      TheEastBayKid (11:32:44 PM): watch your mouth
                      Iggy911Mc (11:32:50 PM): conservative in TWG
                      Iggy911Mc (11:32:54 PM): not politics
                      TheEastBayKid (11:32:59 PM): jokes man
                      TheEastBayKid (11:33:01 PM): jokes
                      Iggy911Mc (11:33:08 PM): i didnt mean to offend ur beliefs or anything
                      Iggy911Mc (11:33:23 PM): hey i thought u were being serious from now on XD
                      TheEastBayKid (11:33:31 PM): serious in TWG
                      TheEastBayKid (11:33:33 PM): this is AIM
                      TheEastBayKid (11:33:56 PM): oh wait
                      TheEastBayKid (11:33:58 PM): this is TWG AIM
                      TheEastBayKid (11:34:07 PM): or is it AIM AIM
                      TheEastBayKid (11:34:10 PM): or FFR AIM
                      Iggy911Mc (11:34:48 PM): oh no this is serious TWG AIM, since u lied ur a wolf, im typing a new post....
                      Iggy911Mc (11:35:06 PM): but seriously i dont make big assumptions from aim convos
                      TheEastBayKid (11:35:18 PM): you know what i just realize
                      TheEastBayKid (11:35:19 PM): d
                      Iggy911Mc (11:35:30 PM): only when u post because u have all the time in the world to post it
                      Iggy911Mc (11:35:33 PM): whats that
                      TheEastBayKid (11:36:01 PM): i pegged igot as a wolf almost immediately last game
                      Iggy911Mc (11:36:14 PM): it wasnt really hard to
                      Iggy911Mc (11:36:21 PM): he made it fairly obvious
                      TheEastBayKid (11:36:29 PM): well before that thread though
                      TheEastBayKid (11:36:56 PM): listen man
                      TheEastBayKid (11:37:00 PM): if i dont build up my ego
                      Iggy911Mc (11:37:00 PM): k
                      TheEastBayKid (11:37:04 PM): i'm going to fall apart
                      Iggy911Mc (11:37:17 PM): y r u going to fall apart?
                      TheEastBayKid (11:37:25 PM): jokes. jokes.
                      TheEastBayKid (11:37:30 PM): anyways
                      TheEastBayKid (11:37:44 PM): how did you get brought into the human alliance again?
                      TheEastBayKid (11:37:56 PM): in jtwg?
                      TheEastBayKid (11:38:04 PM): because it was me and purplepopcorn
                      TheEastBayKid (11:38:22 PM): wait
                      TheEastBayKid (11:38:26 PM): or was it me and chickendude
                      TheEastBayKid (11:38:33 PM): and you and purplepopcorn
                      Iggy911Mc (11:38:37 PM): purple talked to me like day 2 and after a long convo he revealed that he was seer to me and from there i used him to find u guys
                      TheEastBayKid (11:38:49 PM): man that's right
                      Iggy911Mc (11:38:50 PM): it just so happened that u guys were also allies
                      Iggy911Mc (11:39:25 PM): plus u guys were in the same situation i was acting as a seer and u guys had a fake psychic doing most of the talking
                      TheEastBayKid (11:39:36 PM): yeah
                      Iggy911Mc (12:18:08 AM): still there?
                      TheEastBayKid (12:18:10 AM): yeah
                      Iggy911Mc (12:18:45 AM): find anything out or u doing h-work XD
                      TheEastBayKid (12:20:20 AM): not in school right now
                      TheEastBayKid (12:20:25 AM): i leave for the ukraine next week
                      TheEastBayKid (12:20:45 AM): so i will probably have a day or two of TWG absence
                      TheEastBayKid (12:20:55 AM): before i find an internet cafe
                      Iggy911Mc (12:21:01 AM): kool enjoy
                      TheEastBayKid (12:21:07 AM): yeah
                      Iggy911Mc (12:21:12 AM): vacation i assume
                      TheEastBayKid (12:21:16 AM): nope
                      TheEastBayKid (12:21:19 AM): going to teach english
                      TheEastBayKid (12:21:28 AM): i'll be there until june
                      Iggy911Mc (12:21:49 AM): sweet
                      Iggy911Mc (12:32:09 AM): welp take care im out
                      TheEastBayKid (12:32:23 AM): later on homie
                      lastfm
                      PANDORA

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #41
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                        You'll have to forgive me for not caring much about this game so far but there was a cool football game on TV and tomorrow's class schedule is hell

                        I'll read through the thread and make a more meaningful post tomorrow evening. For now, here's my convo with iggy.

                        Also for the record Tass' one Night 1 death was in Dark Matters in case anyone is curious

                        Iggy911Mc: i get the impression that u play it "valueless" as LD put it in TWG and thats how u survive games but how do u make ur decisions on whos a wolf or not?
                        bjstrattonIM: Names out of a hat
                        bjstrattonIM: >_>
                        bjstrattonIM: Seriously I just look at who I think is acting funny
                        bjstrattonIM: Look at every single other game in TWG history since I've been in them all
                        bjstrattonIM: Aside from one
                        Iggy911Mc: u usually right or is it still gueswork?
                        bjstrattonIM: I'm right more than the odds would dictate I'd be.
                        bjstrattonIM: Probably not quite 50/50 though.
                        Iggy911Mc: to me it would seem that the most right people would be more suspicious bc a wolf would be mroe careful about what they say to make sure nothing is contradicting itself
                        Iggy911Mc: is that a good assumption or is that just jTWG strat?
                        bjstrattonIM: It's a start
                        bjstrattonIM: Always remember that the wolves have to act
                        bjstrattonIM: And the humans do not
                        bjstrattonIM: Although I always try to come off as human as possible in either case >_>
                        Iggy911Mc: well that would be ideal XD
                        Iggy911Mc: LD told me that Tass is always a threat
                        Iggy911Mc: y is that? i dont know how he plays so what makes him so much better than anyone else?
                        bjstrattonIM: He thinks things out more than anyone else.
                        Iggy911Mc: how does he play as a wolf then?
                        Iggy911Mc: if u can remember a time
                        bjstrattonIM: Disturbingly much like when he's a human
                        Iggy911Mc: have u ever been a wolf and what was ur strategy when u were?
                        bjstrattonIM: Why would I tell you my wolf strategies? >_>
                        bjstrattonIM: If I ttold them to you then you could watch for them in later games.
                        bjstrattonIM: But I've been in so many games across the internet and have been a regular human so many times
                        bjstrattonIM: That I know the part down pat
                        bjstrattonIM: And can generally pull it off really well when a wolf
                        Iggy911Mc: ok guess i dont want to to reveal ur strat
                        Iggy911Mc: but let me ask u this, how would u view a guy who does reveal his wolf strat?
                        bjstrattonIM: Ballsy.
                        bjstrattonIM: And I'd take it with a grain of salt
                        Iggy911Mc: so u wouldnt think it would be his actual strategy is that what that means
                        bjstrattonIM: If it is
                        bjstrattonIM: Then I watch for it
                        bjstrattonIM: But I don't think they're not a wolf any less when they're not doing it
                        bjstrattonIM: Since they could be going about being a wolf in a different way to throw me off
                        Iggy911Mc: but if they did it would be noticable bc they wouldnt be acting like themselves
                        Iggy911Mc: or is that over analyzing?
                        Iggy911Mc: u there?
                        Iggy911Mc: w/e im out anyways, thanks for the advice
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #42
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                          Tass, yelling at them will sure help the issue...

                          That said, tasuke that post is the kind of thing I can see someone later on in the day coming back to and saying "man look at the way he sort of half-implicates tass here that's kind of sketchy I've got nothing better to go on so he's my vote for today blahblahblah" Then someone else agrees, then someone else, and before you know it we've lynched another new(er) player day one for doing something that could easily have just been the unintentional result of not thinking things through while making posts. So... before you (seriously, not like kilga) suggest stuff like "tass is a wolf because he's still alive day one" stop and think it through again.

                          Comment

                          • Tasuke
                            FFR Player
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 1671

                            #43
                            Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later.

                            Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                            Originally posted by tasuke
                            So the fact that he wasn't wolfed first night leads to either him being a wolf, 2 vets, or 1 vet. I'm thinking it's one vet to one jTWG.
                            Explain this please.
                            Since you n00bs haven't read a past TWG, you have no sense of &*#$ in regards to TWG history and jump to asinine conclusions. Here is some FACT for you... I've been wolfed night 1 ONCE, ever. I think I was also saved night 1 once. So that is 2 times out of 20? games as a human. That is 10%.

                            But, what am I saying... jTWGers don't use LOGIC! Hopefully by the end of this game, that will change.
                            I was saying that since I don't think that very many jTWG players know exactaly what goes on in TWG, especially in wolfing and wolf plans, 2 "noobs" would have probably just gone and tried to wolf you right out, because they don't have any idea how TWG people strategize. So that leaves the options that there are 2 vets as wolves,or 1 vet as a wolf, and one vet and one jTWG as wolves. And since I obviously don't know how TWG players think, I thought that Tass not being wolfed could lead to you being a wolf, while that is true for any other player( other than Fish). I was in no way implying that you were a wolf. I was just saying that since you weren't wolfed it's a possibilty. Also with you saying all this sh*t about you being such an obvious choice for not being a night one wolfing. I would think that in time the gaurdian wouldn't care about you and at that time you would make an excellent night 1 wolf since you're so "God-like".

                            Originally posted by talisman
                            So... before you (seriously, not like kilga) suggest stuff like "tass is a wolf because he's still alive day one" stop and think it through again.
                            I wasn't trying to make it seem like Tass was a wolf. I was just trying to state the possibility that since he wasn't wolfed and since he's such an awesome player, it's entirely possible he's a wolf. Which is the same for every other TWG vet.

                            It seems to me that everyone either half-reads my post, or I need to work on how I say things. Which is it?

                            Comment

                            • mead1
                              Cerebellumberjack
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 3960

                              #44
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming la

                              But actually, for two jTWG noobs, Fish would be a much better choice then Tass. They haven't played in TWG, and as Tass pointed out, wouldn't know the relative skill of each player. Fish, however, has hosted several jTWG's and I think he participated in a few. A few jTWG players would very likely look at the list and ask, "who do we know is decent?" They have seen Fish host, and know he eventually moved up to TWG. That would tell them that he was atleast a semi-skilled player. All this being said, I think the wolves are two jTWG players.

                              Also, because it hasn't been mentioned, FoJaR and Fish are really good buddies as well.

                              Comment

                              • evilbutterfly
                                FFR Player
                                • Apr 2003
                                • 5784

                                #45
                                RE: Re: RE: TWG 26: official title coming later...

                                Also, eb's post is fairly retarded. I never get wolfed early on, nor do I get lynched often (never as a human)...
                                WELL I SURE WISH THE TWG HISTORY THREAD GOT UPDATED but from what is there, you have died early on in games even back in the day, and I could have sworn there was a streak of "omg tass is a wp;f" there for a while that got you continually killed. And I never said Day/Night 1, I said early on. My post was not fairly retarded, you're just trying to be a hotshot and pick shit apart and make others feel stupid so you can be the boss here. So you can stfu and gtfo.

                                And as for the guard me thing, I know you're the only one who said it. I said that anybody who says "guard me" is being selfish. YOU'VE SAID THAT SAME THING IN THE PAST TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU SAY TO GUARD YOU! You've admitted that demanding a guard is blatently trying to make sure you win, whether you're wolf or human. As a result, anybody who asks to be guarded is either a) a selfish human or b) a tricksy wolf. In either case, they don't deserve to be guarded.

                                However, I will agree with Tass that some of you have horrid grammar and it makes following what you say really difficult sometimes. Terrible spelling is okay with me, but random/misused commas and periods and bad sentence structure make communication harder than it should be.

                                To everybody: All this speculation about the people being vets or jTWG newblets is pretty pointless and dumb. It'd be better to analyze people's actions now and then later see if it would line up with the wolfings to make further sense if they were a wolf. The explaination for the kill be placed on anybody. mead/FoJaR being close to Fish might make them nervous, somebody might recognize Fish's ability but not outstanding prowess as making him a good target, or hell, it could have been completely random just to throw us all for a loop. Obviously that last choice would be least likely, but given the high number of jTWG people who are newer to the game, I wouldn't be surprised to see some weird kills this game, whether they're done by newby newbs that don't know any better of if they're done just to frame the newblets and throw us off.

                                Thus, I'd say that, especially in Day 1, it's better to look at other people's actions. I know I haven't been around to talk on AIM (I had an ortho thing to go to at 8am this morning in a city like, 45 minutes away, and I went home yesterday so that I could get up early and be driven there, so I haven't been on AIM), but you can IM me now if you feel like it. I'm not very good at analysis, but hey, maybe you wanna interogate me and see if I'm wolfy and suspicious as always. XD

                                Anywho, back to MS. =P
                                So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

                                In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

                                So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
                                And I write the blog for their website.

                                Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

                                Comment

                                Working...