TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: It just keeps going and going...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dAnceguy117
    new hand moves = dab
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2002
    • 10103

    #46
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

    Hahah, you've got to be kidding me. Can anyone think of a single reason why I should be seered? I haven't talked to anyone about TWG at all.

    ps, Vash, it's already been pointed out a few times that random votes are just stupid.

    Comment

    • evilbutterfly
      FFR Player
      • Apr 2003
      • 5784

      #47
      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

      Not commenting on what's in the PM, I'd just like to say again: I think this whole anonymous PMing business is retarded, and I think it should be made illegal by the official rules. Seriously. The only reason I'm allowing it now is because TWC hasn't said anything about it.
      So I've gone completely slack-ass and haven't done any work on creating games. =(

      In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

      So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
      And I write the blog for their website.

      Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

      Comment

      • JurseyRider734
        lil j the bad b-word
        • Aug 2003
        • 7507

        #48
        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

        If it really is the seer, I think it's gotta be vash or someone who doesn't use grammar that well. They use a lot of commas...
        Originally posted by Arch0wl
        I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

        Originally posted by Afrobean
        Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
        the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
        Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

        Comment

        • QreepyBORIS
          FFR Player
          • Feb 2003
          • 7454

          #49
          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

          Or it could be someone with good grammar shrewdly hiding who they are. I know that I'd do that. :P

          It sounds a lot like someone kind of young wrote it. Then again, people who are older can write that way with ease just to sound younger. Again, it doesn't really mean anything.

          Doesn't give a whole lot of indication. It's not necessarily real, either, so I think I'll hold off on voting...

          Signature subject to change.

          THE ZERRRRRG.

          Comment

          • Tps222
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2004
            • 6169

            #50
            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

            Dance is fairly new at this game, so I don't think anyone has any problems with him. He was a driving force for the humans last game though, so he could have been a seering candidate. Though, with all the other power players out there, the seer would have to be fairly new. Then again, it could have been fake.

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #51
              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

              Hay guys, anyone that wants to talk TWG with me, please do so on This is Afrobean. This is Afrobean is logged in on gaim so I can log stuff and Afrobean16 is logged in on AIM so I can DC correctly and stuff like that.

              Also I feel I must say that I'm nearly positive that the PM was fake. The wolves probably remembered how well flypie got lynched last game and decided to try it fake style. The way I see it, there's only one way dAnce would have even been seer'd: the same situation that got flypie: The seer talks a lot to someone who happens to be a wolf, the seer gets suspicious and seers them on a hunch.

              dAnceguy isn't known to talk a lot with anyone that I know of.

              PS I just realized something. I might have helped start this. I reccomended that the seer blind PM people. I'm sorry for that now.

              Comment

              • JurseyRider734
                lil j the bad b-word
                • Aug 2003
                • 7507

                #52
                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

                I think it would be a good idea for that person who wrote the PM to IM me on AIM(Fake screenname is fine) so that I can have a conversation with them. Before I vote danceguy, I need to be able to trust this person about it, and would feel more comfortable if they IM'd me.
                Originally posted by Arch0wl
                I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                Comment

                • Afrobean
                  Admiral in the Red Army
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 13262

                  #53
                  RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

                  I don't know if this helps, but after looking into it, Omega, Qreepy, Tps, Tass, dAnceguy (LOL), LD all use choppy comma breakups like in the PM in at least one of their posts in this thread. Funny thing, eb also uses that style.

                  Now, the thing is that I don't think anyone would go out of their way to fake a choppy comma style just to implicate one of them as a seer/fake seer.

                  It seems that Tps is most guilty of this type of comma useage. Pair this with the fact he hasn't drawn suspicion to himself yet, I'd say he's likely a wolf and he fake seer'd this whole PM business.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #54
                    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

                    I got a question. Would it be cheating if I used gaim to discover the IP of the blind seer then compared it to IPs that I could aquire using gaim from all other players?

                    Comment

                    • Kilgamayan
                      Super Scooter Happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2003
                      • 6583

                      #55
                      RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

                      Yes, because you're using out-of-game information.
                      I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                      Comment

                      • Tps222
                        FFR Player
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 6169

                        #56
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

                        Afro, I have to draw suspicion to myself every game to be human?

                        I agree, I type with a lot of commas, I already stated how it looks like a frame attempt. I honestly don't know what to believe at this point, legit or fake, and it's bugging me. It's like Pyschopath. 2 paths to choose from, they both look equally promising, but one leads to a dead-end, and another to victory. Under the circumstances thus far, I believe it's fake now. Afro asking for the seer to do it is just too much of a welcoming for the wolves. With addition of the seer'd thing, and the possible frame qualities it has, makes it hard to believe.

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #57
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

                          Originally posted by Tps
                          Afro, I have to draw suspicion to myself every game to be human?
                          Yes. You've said so yourself many times in the past.

                          Originally posted by Tps
                          the possible frame qualities it has, makes it hard to believe.
                          I never said I believed it. I believe that a wolf is behind it. And just saying "I been FRAMED!!" isn't going to make everyone believe that you were. Sure it's possible, but so is the idea that you weren't.

                          Comment

                          • roopert
                            FFR Player
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 149

                            #58
                            Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse:

                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            Reguarding Tps's accusations last game: The way I see it, there are three types of wolf accusations.

                            #1: Absolutely no evidence. Often correct.
                            #2: Minimal evidence. Most often wrong.
                            #3: Strong evidence. Things like seer saying they seer'd them. Always correct unless it's a fake seer or something.

                            It's sad that it's always a bad idea to lynch someone on absolutely no evidence, though, as those are usually correct.
                            Maybe I'm missing something, but since when is blindly guessing often correct? Maybe if you are the world's luckiest guesser.. Can someone explain that logic to me? It strikes me as very odd.

                            Comment

                            • dAnceguy117
                              new hand moves = dab
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2002
                              • 10103

                              #59
                              Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse:

                              SinSinSalibin

                              Hey, if people can make alternate usernames and use them in the game, can't I vote for them?

                              Ok, now 4srs. ld posted my name as DanceGuy (first I've seen), so I doubt he's involved unless he's trying to separate himself. The mystery PM person wrote my name as Danceguy, which is most common, and actually what I prefer. talisman writes it without caps. Tass and Afro type it as dAnce or dAnceguy. I think Jurs' fluctuates, so anything could come from her. The only person that's posted my name as Danceguy so far is Tps.

                              Combined with the fact that I basically got him killed last game, I'm starting to think that either Tps is behind this or someone is attempting to frame him.

                              Originally posted by roopert
                              Maybe I'm missing something, but since when is blindly guessing often correct? Maybe if you are the world's luckiest guesser.. Can someone explain that logic to me? It strikes me as very odd.
                              I guess he means he's talking about Tps' accusations as a human? I dunno. Afro, feel free to clear that up.

                              Comment

                              • Afrobean
                                Admiral in the Red Army
                                • Dec 2003
                                • 13262

                                #60
                                Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse:

                                Originally posted by roopert
                                Originally posted by Afrobean
                                Reguarding Tps's accusations last game: The way I see it, there are three types of wolf accusations.

                                #1: Absolutely no evidence. Often correct.
                                #2: Minimal evidence. Most often wrong.
                                #3: Strong evidence. Things like seer saying they seer'd them. Always correct unless it's a fake seer or something.

                                It's sad that it's always a bad idea to lynch someone on absolutely no evidence, though, as those are usually correct.
                                Maybe I'm missing something, but since when is blindly guessing often correct? Maybe if you are the world's luckiest guesser.. Can someone explain that logic to me? It strikes me as very odd.
                                I was commenting partly on Tps's accusations and partly on my feelings during past games.

                                Comment

                                Working...