TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: It just keeps going and going...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • QreepyBORIS
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2003
    • 7454

    #16
    RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: Pre-game

    People wouldn't usually go for Tass on night one, because since everyone knows he's hardcore into it, it's very likely that he would be guarded on the first night, and wasting a first night kill on someone who you can't touch is pretty stupid.

    Do I have to coach you kids, or what?

    Signature subject to change.

    THE ZERRRRRG.

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #17
      Welcome to the Day One Doldrums:

      I. The Reaction Phase ("Oh hey someone died.")
      II. The Wait for Someone to Say Something Stupid/Suspicious Phase (aka the TPS Phase)
      III. The Jump-On the Person Who Said Something Stupid Phase
      IV. The Jump-On the People Who Jumped On that Person Phase
      V. The Put an Innocuous Safety Vote on Someone Phase

      I expect this day one might even be slower than others too because the wolves know that any votes they put out to whoever gets lynched are sure to be analyzed, and that even accusing someone who later gets lynched could be perceived as suspicious (if the person who is lynched is human).

      edit: grammar fix.

      Comment

      • Tps222
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2004
        • 6169

        #18
        Wow, I have a whole phase named after me, awesome.

        Reading back to see if AP has been wolfed in any other games, will update shortly.

        Comment

        • dAnceguy117
          new hand moves = dab
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2002
          • 10103

          #19
          Originally posted by talisman
          I expect this day one might even be slower than others too because the wolves know that any votes they put out to whoever gets lynched are sure to be analyzed, and that even accusing someone who later gets lynched could be perceived as suspicious (if the person is lynched is human).
          Not really. This can be used as evidence against people who are hesitant to vote.. wait, dammit, that's me D:

          Think of how you would act and how you would vote if you were put in these circumstances as a wolf, though. That's definitely something to keep an eye out for.

          Comment

          • Afrobean
            Admiral in the Red Army
            • Dec 2003
            • 13262

            #20
            Originally posted by Tps222
            Wow, I have a whole phase named after me, awesome.

            Reading back to see if AP has been wolfed in any other games, will update shortly.
            He was wolfed day 2 of the first game he played. [EDIT](somewhere around TWG X or more likely, TWG XII)[/EDIT] I can't recall if he was wolfed any other times.

            Also about the linguistics thing: I think ap does legitimately have analytical skills like that, but it was brought up as a BS reason to lynch me.

            Comment

            • JurseyRider734
              lil j the bad b-word
              • Aug 2003
              • 7507

              #21
              Tps: You could try not to act dumb for ONE GAME...see how it goes.
              Originally posted by Arch0wl
              I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

              Originally posted by Afrobean
              Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
              the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
              Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

              Comment

              • Tps222
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2004
                • 6169

                #22
                Well, researched AP's previously wolfed games.

                EB - WOLF (Lynched Day 2)
                Roopert - MASON (Withdrew Day 2)
                Eyespew - SEER (Won)
                Matt4444 - HUMAN (Lynched Day 5)
                aperson - MASON (Wolfed Night 2)
                hans - PSYCHIC (Killed Night 3)
                whorli - GUARDIAN (Killed Night 5)
                TPS - WOLF (Lynched Day 1)
                Jurs - HUMAN (Won)
                Alain - DEVIL (Lost @ End of Game)
                Guido - HUMAN (Killed Night 6)
                Kilga - HUMAN (Lynched Day 3)
                Stretchy - MASON (Killed Night 1)
                Cypher- WOLF (Lynched Day 6)
                Kefit - HUMAN (Won)
                Afro - HUMAN (Lynched Day 4)
                Mead - HUMAN (Won)

                Wow, that sucks, it seems as I am the only player that's in this game out of those wolves. Well, this went no where fast .

                Going to go back and analyze the people's reaction.

                Comment

                • talisman
                  Resident Penguin
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2003
                  • 4598

                  #23
                  If I were a wolf right now I'd pray for a major lynch (aka lots of votes on the lynched player) or a very minor lynch (the person lynched only has two/three votes). I wouldn't want there to be a two-candidate situation, since then after the role is revealed following the lynching the votes and accusations and vote-rationales will be much easier to pick apart. Even in a normal game, wolves don't want to express too strong of opinions or step too far out into the spotlight, here, where roles are revealed upon death, I think they're bound to be even more cautious.

                  PS I'm assuming role is revealed after lynchings right? Not just after wolfings?

                  edit: this was aimed at d-guy's post... some stuff popped up while I was typing it I guess.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #24
                    I had no idea that ap was a mason that game. Which game was it?

                    PS People's reactions will likely be totally irrelevent as that was his first game and it was a shock that he'd be wolfed like that his first game. Most of the reactions would be like "oh it makes sense that he was wolfed even though he's so new because he was helping out in the chat last night so much"

                    Comment

                    • Omeganitros
                      auauauau
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 8897

                      #25
                      Talisman hit the nail on the freaking head. But despite his words, I'm still skipping to phase V and voting...Saaaaaayyyyyyyyyy....mead1. But I'll have some talkings with peoples.

                      Comment

                      • Kilgamayan
                        Super Scooter Happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 6583

                        #26
                        RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: Pre-game

                        Random vote for lightdarkness.
                        I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                        Comment

                        • mead1
                          Cerebellumberjack
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2003
                          • 3960

                          #27
                          RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: Pre-game

                          I'm really not sure what to say now. The night 1 kill was an obvious one, and to all appearences, everything seems to be normal. talisman's chart on the Day 1 doldrums pretty much surmises my outlook for the day. That being said, I would like to talk to a few people on AIM to clear a few things up.

                          Comment

                          • aperson
                            FFR Hall of Fame
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jul 2003
                            • 3434

                            #28
                            RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: Pre-game

                            cool.

                            Comment

                            • Tasselfoot
                              Retired BOSS
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Jul 2003
                              • 25185

                              #29
                              RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: Pre-game

                              I've said it (and been right) in the past... someone who says "oh, that was a good kill... sh*t" is a wolf. Not EVERYONE... but at least 1 of them. I did it in at least 1 if not 2 or all 3 games when I was a wolf.

                              Its the basic 1 step reverse psychology trick. Now, the question is, are the wolves thinking ahead and know that multiple humans will come out like idiot lambs and say "wow, that was a good kill"... which is a COMPLETELY pointless statement to make. Its worse than useless because it takes people away from the real focus (which it did this game too). Frankly, if you look at past games, usually there are only 2 or 3 at most people who make this comment at the start of day 1, and almost always 1 is a wolf. I believe there are more this game, I'll go back and check after this post...

                              The point is, the odds are still strong that at least 1 (probably only 1, as the wolves wouldn't want to all come out like douches and say that) of the "wow, that was a good kill"ers is a wolf. I'll post a list of who said that after this post.

                              Oh yea... also, again... we know it was a good kill. There is NOT a reason to say it. Getting past the fact that he is a bigger ass than I am, he's also not too shabby at this game, although he hasn't played enough games for us to truely see his capabilities. But, he gets respect and treated as a "top tier" player nonetheless, and I can't argue with him being there. On the other hand, killing him gets rid of the "ap amusement" factor... him blowing up and giving a 4-letter diatribe at Chardish et al., or something along those lines. And those blowups or unique strategies are usually a distraction to the rest of the game, which I'm sure the wolves didn't consider when they killed him.

                              *shrugs* I hope this at least gives more in depth reasoning into why he was a good kill, also reasoning as to why he may not have been a good kill, hopefully a few day 1 suspects that are slightly more than random, and I sure as hell hope it knocks some sense into you lemmings to STOP SAYING DUMB STUFF LIKE "wow, that was a good kill" at the start of day 1!
                              RIP

                              Comment

                              • Tasselfoot
                                Retired BOSS
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 25185

                                #30
                                RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse: Pre-game

                                Oh yea... I'm basically expanding on what TPS has been saying... and I agree with him completely.

                                LD and Omega start it off with retard useless posts that amount to nothing more than postwhoring, but make comment to ap's wolfing

                                Afro and Eric take it a little further, giving basic obvious reasoning as to why he is a good choice to be killed... again, agreeing with TPS, they seem like good choices at first glance, so far.

                                Qreepy comes in like THUNDER and attacks TPS, basically defending Afro and Eric...

                                At the end of page 2, Omega and Kilga put in random votes.... WHY?!? Are you honestly worried you won't be around from not until Sunday to post? Actually... I will be gone from Friday 2pm until Late Saturday... my oldest brother is having a bachelor party this weekend. But, I'll get Whorli to read my the thread at least once both days, and I'll dictate to her what I want posted. So fear not.

                                I think I had one other thing to say, but I forgot what it was. I really should write down this stuff when I'm re-reading everything and mentally checking off what I want to type out.
                                RIP

                                Comment

                                Working...