TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaBackpack
    ~ お ま ん こ ~
    • Mar 2014
    • 918

    #2011
    Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by TWGma
    What if sunfan is wanting Subaru gone to cut the dead weight and to keep Plop around due to Plop being the stronger partner. :thonk:
    This is a weird post to make if he is wolf partners with Plop. Especially like 15min before EoD.

    (Context: Sunfan pushing for a Subaru lynch)


    Originally posted by Moogy
    no one cares
    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
    that's kind of a sad statistic

    Comment

    • DaBackpack
      ~ お ま ん こ ~
      • Mar 2014
      • 918

      #2012
      Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

      Like. Haku's last major read is that Plop is a wolf.

      Is there more that I'm missing or isn't this like, really easy today?


      Originally posted by Moogy
      no one cares
      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
      that's kind of a sad statistic

      Comment

      • Shadow_God_10
        Somewhere, but not here
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Mar 2006
        • 2227

        #2013
        Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        Like. Haku's last major read is that Plop is a wolf.

        Is there more that I'm missing or isn't this like, really easy today?
        This is the same problem I'm having

        Every conclusion that I come to sounds so incredibly simple it's almost stupid to even believe

        Originally posted by Svaz
        more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
        Originally posted by mellon_collie
        TIL women have breasts because of horniness
        Originally posted by bugkid666
        sunfan I fucked up
        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
        Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
        your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
        Originally posted by DaBackpack
        might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #2014
          Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

          I still have a lot of work to do--- gonna look directly at Plop's contributions now, but I feel pretty good about lynching Plop today. Current headspace: Plop/Freezin/YoshL in that order


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • Shadow_God_10
            Somewhere, but not here
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2006
            • 2227

            #2015
            Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

            I should be making mental notes of who I should be blocking based off your stuff here.

            Originally posted by Svaz
            more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
            Originally posted by mellon_collie
            TIL women have breasts because of horniness
            Originally posted by bugkid666
            sunfan I fucked up
            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

            Originally posted by Funnygurl555
            your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

            Comment

            • DaBackpack
              ~ お ま ん こ ~
              • Mar 2014
              • 918

              #2016
              Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

              Originally posted by fatfuck42
              I wanted to know where you were coming from to help make sure I wasn't misunderstanding your word choice. "Town is weird" makes it sound like Ema is separate from town, like she's saying "you townies" instead of "us townies," y'know what I mean?
              Originally posted by the sun fan
              I get that its d0 but is this seriously a big deal to you?
              Originally posted by fatfuck42
              I at least wanted to bring it up. Haku's responses to it seemed fine, though, so I'm off it now.
              This is literally the beginning of the game. Sunfan/Plop unlikely to be W/W

              There's no real incentive for wolf Sunfan to challenge wolf Plopadop this early for a weak push


              Originally posted by Moogy
              no one cares
              Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
              there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
              that's kind of a sad statistic

              Comment

              • DaBackpack
                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                • Mar 2014
                • 918

                #2017
                Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                Moreover, Plop defending himself to Sunfan like this here also is not W/W


                Originally posted by Moogy
                no one cares
                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                that's kind of a sad statistic

                Comment

                • DaBackpack
                  ~ お ま ん こ ~
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 918

                  #2018
                  Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                  Originally posted by fatfuck42
                  That ule post came across as pretty townie to me. I feel like she'd be more self-conscious about going that deep into mechanics if she were a wolf (since "focusing too much on mechanics" is a popular wolf tell).
                  This post reads as TMI to me now. "Focusing too much on mechanics" is indeed a wolf tell... on FFR. Ulli has almost never played on this site so it's hard for me to believe that she would be aware of this meta. (P.S. She admits that the meta on her home site is totally different.)

                  The reason this is important is because, if I were in Plop's shoes here as a town, I would see the mechanics post and think, "she's focusing on mechanics. That's a wolf tell." because that's the most immediate response I'd have.

                  The telling part is that Plop REACHES this read but then flips it over, saying "ah! She's towny because her post is so obviously wolfy that it can't be wolfy!!" This is a literal example of WIFOM... and yet, Plop magically seems to arrive at the unintuitive "correct" answer of "Ulli is town!"

                  It's a very safe, easy move for Plop to make here, because it's a freebie read, because all he has to do is mentally invoke WIFOM and use the "contrarian" response. This is a very easy contrarian read for Plop to make, and it serves a dual purpose of making Plop seem like he's critically thinking about player alignment, but also saving his ass in case Ulli ends up lynched later.


                  Originally posted by Moogy
                  no one cares
                  Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                  there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                  that's kind of a sad statistic

                  Comment

                  • DaBackpack
                    ~ お ま ん こ ~
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 918

                    #2019
                    Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                    YoshL responds to Plop's weird Ulli read.

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    I'm actually thinking on a little different lines here.

                    I went back and actually read the post, and the majority of it felt like common sense.

                    Like for example, the call to let up on any red checks should be pretty common sense given you read the potential blues and reds in the game, there's a lot of them that manipulate checks (assuming we have the alignment check in the game in the first place)

                    The one good point that was brought up was the final part regarding red miles, because I had forgotten about potential slightly-forced pushes on various players from the red miles role. I think my biggest issue though then becomes, why didn't they apply this to anything said in thread?

                    Like, thinking about it, i really really don't like how there's for some reason very random traction (no matter how small) on t-force lynch? i get that people aren't married to the idea, but when i said "gut tforce wolf" i wasn't expecting as much discussion around it as actually happened.

                    Basically, I don't like the mechanics post, because it's comboed with "very simple thoughts about setup", and "not applying mechanics thoughts to things actually happening in game"
                    Originally posted by fatfuck42
                    Hmm, I see your point. While I still think a wolf would be too self-conscious to make a post like that, I'll keep an eye out to see if her analysis eventually gets applied/incorporated into her reads.
                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    like plop says, i mostly want to see what they have to say later, because it's still not anything i'm 100% sold on

                    ---
                    also, thank the ffr elementals for the downtime for extra phase time because god it looks like we needed it.

                    maybe will also need it for thanksgiving time too? *big shrug*
                    This has a very high chance of being wolf theater. It's hard to put into words, but when you see YoshL replying to reads from other players, especially in posts this long, you would expect to at least get some idea of how YoshL views Plop or vice versa. As an example:

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    Also feeling a little wary at this mentality, because xiz is seeming to be a little more focused on who the best kill at this point in time is, rather than like... looking for more information to better inform votes
                    This is YoshL's immediate next post, a response to Xiz (who is town). Not only does he criticize the read, he immediately shades Xiz's mentality as wolfy. That is, not only is YoshL continuing to evaluate Ulli, the SUBJECT of the conversation, he is using the conversation as a way to generate reads on other players in the conversation.

                    Another example on the following page:

                    Originally posted by YoshL
                    I can't actually tell if shadow is speaking for real and mindmelding, or read my post, and tried to fake-generate a mindmeld, because that's some pretty similar wording lmao
                    Again, this is a READ on another player (who is town). Go back and read YoshL's long response to Plop's strange Ulli read.

                    YoshL makes it a point to disagree with Plop's interpretation, but the conversation with Plop never results in any development of a read in either direction. Because Plop is a wolf with YoshL.

                    Plop's response to YoshL's response is also EXTREMELY awkward and after that the conversation between them IMMEDIATELY stops. Plop's like, "OK, yeah, sure, I'll think about it." And that's it.

                    This isn't how players talk to each other. Especially not YoshL. He'd be weirded out by Plop's post, just like I am.


                    Originally posted by Moogy
                    no one cares
                    Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                    there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                    that's kind of a sad statistic

                    Comment

                    • DaBackpack
                      ~ お ま ん こ ~
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 918

                      #2020
                      Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                      To be more concise, maybe.

                      Wolf partners have a very hard time interacting with each other in thread. The reason is because, in the context of pushing an agenda, they have no reason to.

                      Towns interact with towns and wolves because they want to solve the game.
                      Wolves interact with towns because they need to trick town and push them to make mislynches.

                      Why do wolves need to interact with wolves? Because people will notice if they don't. So wolf-wolf communication in-thread is purely a MAINTENANCE task: it's just something you sometimes have to do. And, unlike the other cases, these conversations are necessarily fake, performative.

                      That's why it can really look stilted when two wolves talk to each other in thread. They're only doing it because they "have to." Plus, it's super hard! It can be harder to talk to your fellow wolves than it would be to talk to towns. As a rule of thumb, you rarely observe meaningful, compelling wolf dialogue, and many times you'll notice that some wolf pairs just flat-out do not talk to each other unless they have to.

                      YoshL at least took the initiative to respond to Plop's observation because he knows this. He knows that he has to talk to his partners or else he looks bad. The problem is, as I pointed out, it is clear that YoshL/Plop's interaction exists only for its own sake. Nothing changes as a result of this conversation. In fact, if you pay attention, YoshL's post actually talks past Plopadop. And Plopadop, in response, terminates the conversation, and they both move on like nothing happened.


                      Originally posted by Moogy
                      no one cares
                      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                      that's kind of a sad statistic

                      Comment

                      • DaBackpack
                        ~ お ま ん こ ~
                        • Mar 2014
                        • 918

                        #2021
                        Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                        I'm not nearly done to finishing but I 100% expect to see more of the same pattern here: Plop and/or YoshL staging useless conversations and then quickly dropping them to actually get shit done.

                        If I'm lucky, the third compadre is actually just Freezinice.


                        Originally posted by Moogy
                        no one cares
                        Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                        there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                        that's kind of a sad statistic

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #2022
                          Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                          Originally posted by FreezinIce
                          reading last few pages im suspicious of sunfan, i feel like he gets super ambivalent about lynching people only when he rolls wolf.

                          i dont feel like digging up the really old games and combing thru them, its more of a gut read
                          Originally posted by fatfuck42
                          I had a similar thought cross my mind, but for now I'm chalking up the ambivalence to him thinking he's gonna miss EOD.
                          Originally posted by YoshL
                          i do understand the "not going to be in thread for eod" but i feel like the post is a little bit closer to trying to look like they're in game than anything else.

                          That, and "i'll be back hours after EoD", despite having paid attention to the setup and OP, thinking about it LMAO
                          These three posts all talking about Sunfan, and then YoshL shifts focus to Xiz, and Freezin and Plop don't continue the convo


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • DaBackpack
                            ~ お ま ん こ ~
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 918

                            #2023
                            Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                            Originally posted by flashflash account
                            active players I don't feel great about:
                            haku, shadowgod, freezin, xiz, plop

                            less active players I feel mostly okay toward:
                            funnygurl, yoshl, raeko
                            Originally posted by fatfuck42
                            How come you don't feel good about freezin? And how do you feel about yoshl's more recent posts/activity? Also, which post was the red flag post you mentioned earlier?


                            I've got all I need!!



                            Plopadop. See you in court!!


                            Originally posted by Moogy
                            no one cares
                            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                            that's kind of a sad statistic

                            Comment

                            • Shadow_God_10
                              Somewhere, but not here
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 2227

                              #2024
                              Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                              DBP quick question for you:

                              Are you considering the posts and interactions from an emotional standpoint as well?

                              Like, for me, I get 0 emotion from YoshL when I read through his stuff

                              compared to maybe... We'll use Trevor as an example

                              Trevor (If we're town reading him) has a very dry and sarcastic tone which, if you happen to know the dude, you can pick up on

                              Originally posted by Svaz
                              more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                              Originally posted by bugkid666
                              sunfan I fucked up
                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #2025
                                Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                                In case the very important video link didn't work



                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...