TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #2131
    Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by fatfuck42
    A big thing nobody's realizing is that I'm literally in the exact same position that Phoenix Wright finds himself in in every single case. It's the pivotal moment, the odds are stacked against him, nobody believes him, and it doesn't seem like there's any hope of proving his client's innocence...but then there's a big dramatic turnaround and everything works out!
    damn, I'd say if you're town you're more in the position of one of his clients
    you're asking for people to believe in you and I don't think you're reaching many people (I'm trying to believe)

    Who is to say you're not Matt Engarde, btw?

    (spoilers if you haven't played the 2nd game I guess oops)
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • fatfuck42
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2016
      • 7

      #2132
      Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

      Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
      Usually, at least if my memory serves me, Phoenix Wright isn't a murderous psychopath who kills all my friends!

      Also you've got no evidence except your word, you are not an attorney, there is no pursuit music, and the only thing you have is the potential ability to laugh and say "I TOLD YA SO" if you actually flip green.
      Honestly, if I get mislynched here I'm going to feel more guilty than anything else. I feel like there HAS to be at least ONE way I could defend myself here and get everyone to realize the truth, but I just can't figure it out, and it sucks. The only bright side is that I'll hopefully get some advice that'll help me improve as a player and avoid these situations in the future.

      Comment

      • fatfuck42
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2016
        • 7

        #2133
        Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

        Originally posted by the sun fan
        damn, I'd say if you're town you're more in the position of one of his clients
        you're asking for people to believe in you and I don't think you're reaching many people (I'm trying to believe)

        Who is to say you're not Matt Engarde, btw?

        (spoilers if you haven't played the 2nd game I guess oops)
        I wish I was one of his clients, because I'd love to have someone like Phoenix arguing on my behalf right now...

        (don't worry, I've played!)

        Comment

        • fatfuck42
          FFR Player
          • Jan 2016
          • 7

          #2134
          Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

          Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
          I actually want to wolf read T-Force because I know I've been wrong about everything all game long

          So if I town read you... maybe this will actually work like some strange ass voodoo magic
          Shadow, if you townread me, you'll be able to hear the cheers from deadchat all the way here in the thread.

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #2135
            Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

            for me, fatfuck, it'd help most if you could talk about your top wolf, which I understand to be T-Force

            I really don't think he is a wolf that posted about being emotional following the Subaru flip, its just not something a lot of wolves do (though I think when Shadow rolls wolf again, we might see it perhaps)

            can you talk to me about why you think he's a wolf again?

            I didn't much care for the fact that you thought it was suspicious that he didn't remember you as a scumread of mine
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • fatfuck42
              FFR Player
              • Jan 2016
              • 7

              #2136
              Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

              I have to go cook and then eat supper, be back in a lil bit.

              Comment

              • fatfuck42
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2016
                • 7

                #2137
                Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                for me, fatfuck, it'd help most if you could talk about your top wolf, which I understand to be T-Force

                I really don't think he is a wolf that posted about being emotional following the Subaru flip, its just not something a lot of wolves do (though I think when Shadow rolls wolf again, we might see it perhaps)

                can you talk to me about why you think he's a wolf again?

                I didn't much care for the fact that you thought it was suspicious that he didn't remember you as a scumread of mine
                I'll respond to this when I'm back, but before that, could you please link me the post where he gets emotional over the subaru flip? I don't remember that.

                Comment

                • the sun fan
                  FFR Player
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 658

                  #2138
                  Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                  Originally posted by TWGma
                  I'm still pissed that Plop never got enough traction yesterday, and Subaru's flip had me stressed to the point that I snapped on a couple people last night, so that's cool. Sunfan also climbed up based on his flip-flops last night.
                  Plus, as a wolf, Sunfan never busses and as soon as he voted Subaru, that sealed it in my mind that Sunfan and Subaru were never town together.
                  it was the beginning of this post
                  its really not much, but like
                  I've kind of decided that its very significant here
                  TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                  FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #2139
                    Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                    Originally posted by fatfuck42
                    Honestly, if I get mislynched here I'm going to feel more guilty than anything else. I feel like there HAS to be at least ONE way I could defend myself here and get everyone to realize the truth, but I just can't figure it out, and it sucks. The only bright side is that I'll hopefully get some advice that'll help me improve as a player and avoid these situations in the future.
                    I'm not much of one for staying humble outwardly, but inwardly, I'd say that I know a lot less about the game than people might expect me to be comfortable admitting

                    I think rather highly of your game, and I know you don't really peacock around with an elaborate train, but this post seems to jutted out compared to what I think you ought to be thinking of yourself.

                    Not because (if you're town) you should never be mislynched or something like that because you really seem like you're at a loss, and even when the shit continuously and unrelentingly hit the fan in the Animal Crossing game, you really seemed like you at least knew what to do next.

                    I think you would agree that you defense has been unconvincing, but why? What's different about this position in this game that's left you at such a loss as town?
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • Shadow_God_10
                      Somewhere, but not here
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 2227

                      #2140
                      Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                      Originally posted by fatfuck42
                      Shadow, if you townread me, you'll be able to hear the cheers from deadchat all the way here in the thread.
                      The only thing I hear in deadchat is Haku screaming in his coffin

                      Originally posted by Svaz
                      more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                      Originally posted by mellon_collie
                      TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                      Originally posted by bugkid666
                      sunfan I fucked up
                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                      your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                      Originally posted by DaBackpack
                      might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #2141
                        Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                        The only thing I hear in deadchat is Haku screaming in his coffin
                        I imagine Haku thinks in French
                        I don't know this, but I think its t
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #2142
                          Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                          posted too soon
                          if you don't use your mouth in death, all of his death-thoughts would be in French
                          you know any French lewdy?
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #2143
                            Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                            well, anyways, the punchline was going to be "even if you did, Haku's train of thought would make much sense"
                            but I've decided to give up on it
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • Shadow_God_10
                              Somewhere, but not here
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 2227

                              #2144
                              Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              posted too soon
                              if you don't use your mouth in death, all of his death-thoughts would be in French
                              you know any French lewdy?
                              I know very LITTLE French, not enough to hold a conversation though

                              Originally posted by Svaz
                              more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                              Originally posted by mellon_collie
                              TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                              Originally posted by bugkid666
                              sunfan I fucked up
                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #2145
                                Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                I'm not much of one for staying humble outwardly, but inwardly, I'd say that I know a lot less about the game than people might expect me to be comfortable admitting

                                I think rather highly of your game, and I know you don't really peacock around with an elaborate train, but this post seems to jutted out compared to what I think you ought to be thinking of yourself.

                                Not because (if you're town) you should never be mislynched or something like that because you really seem like you're at a loss, and even when the shit continuously and unrelentingly hit the fan in the Animal Crossing game, you really seemed like you at least knew what to do next.

                                I think you would agree that you defense has been unconvincing, but why? What's different about this position in this game that's left you at such a loss as town?
                                I'm really not that good at solving on average, which is why I took the approach I did this phase. By approaching Plop's play from like 5 different angles, I've hopefully minimized risk, because any singular observation isn't holding up the Jenga Tower by itself.

                                At the end of the day, the closest we have to "objective truth" is that Plopadop is the one person who most people have ascribed some wolf equity to. I trust FG a lot as a player and she wanted him gone. Raeko wants him gone. Xiz was weirded out by him.

                                A wagon formed around him yesterday but it almost completely dissolved and shifted to the Subaru, a confirmed town.

                                Furthermore, Plop has been "too correct" this game, if that makes sense. There are traces of TMI in his posting history. I really stand by my read about his response to Ulli's mechanics post. Most people would naturally have some concern about her post. Plop even acknowledges the reason WHY people would have concern with it. But instead of giving the "natural response"--- not even a scumlean, but showing SOME sort of trepidation--- Plop's townread on her ends up becoming convoluted and unintuitive.

                                As I said, "oh, this post is too wolfy to come from a wolf, so she has to be town!" is not a thing most players would immediately settle on.

                                Giving Ulli a town read like this DOES give the wolf team a strategic advantage. It allows the wolves to split their votes and not pile onto a single wagon. It superficially makes Plop look like he's trying to solve the game. But in this one case, the reality is that him bending over backwards to play the role of "town contrarian" does indeed look like contortionism.

                                ----------

                                It's not just one thing that stands out to me about Plop. I think lynching him here is the mechanically correct play, even based solely on the wishes of the dead. I shot Ulli in the night because that was the mechanically correct play. If I had another vigi shot I would undoubtedly shoot Plop here because of the same feeling.

                                It's too hard to exclude him from PoE, and he is highly compatible with several other members of the scum pool. He is, in a sense, the lowest common denominator lynch today. And I understand that Freezin and sunfan really, really want each other dead, but I'm not really in the mood to risk it and put the cart before the horse.


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...