TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #2161
    Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
    I don't think I actually need to anymore, because I feel safer in a world where he's town
    *evil laughing*

    FreezinIce in shambles
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • DaBackpack
      ~ お ま ん こ ~
      • Mar 2014
      • 918

      #2162
      Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

      Originally posted by the sun fan
      I read all of DBP's posts
      I had no idea literally everyone else was scumreading plop who has died
      I don't know that this has the level of confidence that DBP seems to be giving it, but I must concede that it is a point against plop to have so many of the dead scumreading him

      I'm a bit confused as to something DBP said about the wolves being
      1) plop
      2) Yoshl
      3) Sunfan/Freezin

      I don't think I should be a candidate for third if he has Yoshl second given that he thinks Yoshl and I can't be together

      I'd like to hear from raeko and Shadow if Shadow can like
      get his shit together enough to think about what to do today

      but I think I'm not going to campaign very hard for Freezin today, and instead worry about that tomorrow if we get there (hopefully we do)

      if the game continues at a normal pace, and we hit a wolf today, people can expect to not be nightkilled if they aren't blue, so I think its somewhat alright for me to be calmer about Freezin today

      he still is absolutely my biggest scumread

      I think I will take Force off of my list entirely, its because he was very upset at the Subaru kill/flip

      I don't really think he's lying about snapping at people IRL over it as a wolf, that seems very unnecessary, and its not even something he's trying to get credit over; no one's even talked about it yet (its why I moved him down in my order initially, but I think I'll put plop on it in his place now)

      as long as raeko is town, I think we might actually have this today, somehow? DBP is right that, while town is vulnerable, wolves are also vulnerable today as well, and can potentially just lose the game slowly starting today.

      raeko, can you specifically elaborate on your feeling on plop?
      FWIW after all my work I still have Freezin as the most likely third wolf, but for the sake of precision, I have to acknowledge that there is still a chance it could be you. You and Freezin are absolutely not wolves together, and you are not likely to be wolves with YoshL, and YoshL is likely to be wolves with Plop.

      T-Force is not likely wolves with Plop or YoshL.

      So flip Plop, and then flip YoshL, and then it's likely Freezin.

      The one lingering doubt I have is that Freezin went pretty ham on Plop yesterday, going as far as to vote him while there was a substantial Plop wagon. Freezin did eventually drop this because "cold feet", and even today his main target isn't even Plop, but you, sunfan. So it's a weak doubt, since it was very likely a bluff on Freezin's part, but I'm just bringing it up out of due diligence.


      Originally posted by Moogy
      no one cares
      Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
      there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
      that's kind of a sad statistic

      Comment

      • the sun fan
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2017
        • 658

        #2163
        Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
        If it helps you sleep tonight, I ISO'd him for like two hours and using his voice in my head to be like "would Greg actually display emotion over X?"

        I know it's very difficult to believe, but Greg is not a soulless monster
        when in the game where you asking yourself this question
        like what posts/points?
        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #2164
          Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

          Originally posted by fatfuck42
          I'm not a wolf. I promise I'm not. I pinky-promise. I'll even red truth it for you: In the game TWG 198, I, plopadop, rolled Unimportant Witness.
          @Lewdy

          Plop used "red truth" as a reference to Umineko, a visual novel he and I both have played. TL;DR any statement written with red text (i.e. red font) is absolutely, 100% true, with no proof needed. Red truth is "word of God" in the series. Which is why it is disappointing if Plop is abusing it to try to get fake town points from me.


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #2165
            Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

            dbp, its fine, im not going to make a fuss because thunderdoming isn't everything

            you can pawn the freezin/sunfan thunderdome off of shadow_god and raeko, since you're the nightkill if the game continues

            the game makes like
            negative sense from my perspective for freezin to be town here because plop and trevor just like
            can't be wolves together, most likely
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • Shadow_God_10
              Somewhere, but not here
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 2227

              #2166
              Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              when in the game where you asking yourself this question
              like what posts/points?
              Give me a minute here

              there's actually a few very good ones

              Originally posted by Svaz
              more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
              Originally posted by mellon_collie
              TIL women have breasts because of horniness
              Originally posted by bugkid666
              sunfan I fucked up
              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
              your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #2167
                Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                Give me a minute here

                there's actually a few very good ones
                I will preface this by saying, before you post your conclusions, I'm not likely going to respond to them unless you ask me to

                its a weird situation where, as town, I'd rather make it seem like I'm not trying to dissaude anyone off of anything
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • Shadow_God_10
                  Somewhere, but not here
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 2227

                  #2168
                  Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  I'M VOTING SOMEONE SO THAT PEOPLE WILL TALK TO ME ABOUT IT
                  WHAT PLANET AM I ON
                  DO I NEED TO PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE OR SOMETHING

                  like, seriously
                  where am I safe?
                  I'm trying to generate discussion on people I think are scummy, with over 24 hours left in the phase, people have already written off killing Freezin/Yoshl today, and I haven't seen a single solid townread on either of them
                  its unbelievable
                  This is a good example for you Sunfan

                  It's obvious you're annoyed with the state of the game at this point in time

                  I actually missed this post when it was actually posted

                  Originally posted by Svaz
                  more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                  Originally posted by mellon_collie
                  TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                  Originally posted by bugkid666
                  sunfan I fucked up
                  Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                  Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                  Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                  your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                  Originally posted by DaBackpack
                  might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #2169
                    Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                    This is a good example for you Sunfan

                    It's obvious you're annoyed with the state of the game at this point in time

                    I actually missed this post when it was actually posted
                    oh, ok, this isn't quite what I thought you meant
                    I'm gonna be honest, I think I could make that post as a wolf, and I definitely try to put faking emotion into my wolfgame
                    its bitten me a lot of times
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • fatfuck42
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2016
                      • 7

                      #2170
                      Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      for me, fatfuck, it'd help most if you could talk about your top wolf, which I understand to be T-Force

                      I really don't think he is a wolf that posted about being emotional following the Subaru flip, its just not something a lot of wolves do (though I think when Shadow rolls wolf again, we might see it perhaps)

                      can you talk to me about why you think he's a wolf again?

                      I didn't much care for the fact that you thought it was suspicious that he didn't remember you as a scumread of mine
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      it was the beginning of this post
                      its really not much, but like
                      I've kind of decided that its very significant here
                      I think he's a wolf because of:
                      -the passive play
                      -the way he defends himself when necessary but also ignores a lot of pushes and prods (which I took to be one of his tells in the nonary games game)
                      -the way he said he's fine with voting FFA but didn't mention it being self-pres
                      -the way that freezin's thrown out town reads on him for pretty insubstantial stuff, or stuff that others have scumread him for
                      -the way yoshl's hovered around lynching him without committing outside of the first EOD
                      -the way he focused way more on haku being suspicious than FG during d0 EOD and kept his vote on FG despite saying to shadow, "I'm not saying FG is a wolf here"
                      -PoE, and he fits in best with my two other scumreads

                      However, now that I'm looking at the post in question, I think that's an incredibly townie thing to say too. If he's a wolf, he's either making a calculated lie, or something else wolf-related happened that fueled the snapping (eg they wanted me over subaru since subaru would be more easily mislynched today?). But I think those are way more of a stretch (well, I don't know t-force well enough to know if lying about something like that is something he'd do) than the straightforward explanation.

                      But if it's not him, then that leaves you and raeko. If you're a wolf, you're trying to sway me to raeko, and if you're town, that means raeko's a wolf (or you're both wolves and I'm wrong about freezin...).


                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I'm not much of one for staying humble outwardly, but inwardly, I'd say that I know a lot less about the game than people might expect me to be comfortable admitting

                      I think rather highly of your game, and I know you don't really peacock around with an elaborate train, but this post seems to jutted out compared to what I think you ought to be thinking of yourself.

                      Not because (if you're town) you should never be mislynched or something like that because you really seem like you're at a loss, and even when the shit continuously and unrelentingly hit the fan in the Animal Crossing game, you really seemed like you at least knew what to do next.

                      I think you would agree that you defense has been unconvincing, but why? What's different about this position in this game that's left you at such a loss as town?
                      In the AC game, I was a PR. I had my claim to fall back on, so I didn't care too much if the way I played came across as wolfy. I always had my claim (ESPECIALLY after the 3p died and I became useless ability-wise). Then, after I claimed, people knew that my analysis was coming from a legiti place, and they'd listen.

                      In this game, everyone seems convinced that I'm a wolf now. It takes 5 to lynch me, dap's already voted for me, so one more townie and the three wolves can hop on and that's it. I could try to push my reads or yell my analysis some more, but I already went that route. I posted a shit-ton of analysis and all I really got were a couple people trying to poke holes in it. I think in general I haven't been able to get people to listen to me this game (even shadow just said "he's not really doing much") so I don't feel like going ham again just to get brickwalled.

                      So I think my strategy here is to just talk and listen to people as openly and honestly as I can and hope that I can convince people I'm legit and am coming from a legit place. Or maybe I'll be able to say something that I don't even realize is super townie and it convinces someone to see things my way.

                      Comment

                      • Shadow_God_10
                        Somewhere, but not here
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 2227

                        #2171
                        Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        ok no go fuck yourself

                        I've posted like 100 times in TWG about how looking within pairings is usually bullshit because it casts the net too wide. what other pairing are there even being talked about aside from trevor/fg anyways

                        its not like i'm dodging that either, I said that that was a false dichotomy well before people were townreading DBP for saying so
                        Originally posted by the sun fan
                        ah, yeah, you'll forgive me for stepping out of the way of the tumbleweed that blew past after I posted my reads list

                        tell me what I'm dodging
                        tell me what I'm dodging
                        tell me what I'm dodging
                        tell me what I'm dodging
                        tell me what I'm dodging
                        These two work well together as a sign of displaying emotion

                        Originally posted by Svaz
                        more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                        Originally posted by mellon_collie
                        TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                        Originally posted by bugkid666
                        sunfan I fucked up
                        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                        Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                        Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                        your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                        Comment

                        • Shadow_God_10
                          Somewhere, but not here
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 2227

                          #2172
                          Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                          @Plop

                          you aren't seriously considering Raeko as a wolf here... are you?

                          I just read that long post up above

                          Originally posted by Svaz
                          more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
                          Originally posted by mellon_collie
                          TIL women have breasts because of horniness
                          Originally posted by bugkid666
                          sunfan I fucked up
                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

                          Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                          your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          might quit having sex every day and focus more on shooting myself in the testicles with an elephant gun

                          Comment

                          • DaBackpack
                            ~ お ま ん こ ~
                            • Mar 2014
                            • 918

                            #2173
                            Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                            Originally posted by fatfuck42
                            I'm trying to think of a way of expressing this point without sounding like an asshole, but it's like...

                            I feel like this is one of the better games I've had as far as solving goes. Outside of FFA, I've been right about basically everyone else who's either flipped or claimed. You can say it's wolf TMI, but I'd have to be a pretty fucking stupid wolf to keep on townreading mislynch'd and NK'd players after FG literally pointed it out as something I do as a wolf. Haku even said he'd look into it and keep an eye on it, and if you look at my ISO, you can see that getting haku to townread me was important to me.

                            Basically, I've been right this game. You guys can argue against my reasonings, but at the end of the day they brought me to the right place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the best track record out of anyone else in the game dead or alive

                            I get that dap and shadow are PRs, of course, but outside of that, it really frustrates me that you guys want to trust in the reads of a bunch of dead players (who were so wrong on so many of their reads that dap had to bust out the fucking "a broken clock is right twice a day!" defense) and a bunch of alive players who, again, haven't gotten the results that I've gotten.
                            Being the "most correct" about people isn't really a thing working in your favor if it's MYLO and we haven't correctly lynched any wolves

                            Re: dead people reads: Yeah, it's not exactly that I bring this up because they are more likely to be "correct", but because they are 100% trustworthy. Every single 100% trustworthy player thought you could be a wolf. In fact, that is the one thing they all have in common with each other. I don't have to worry about hidden agendas for corpses.


                            Originally posted by Moogy
                            no one cares
                            Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                            there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                            that's kind of a sad statistic

                            Comment

                            • fatfuck42
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2016
                              • 7

                              #2174
                              Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                              Originally posted by DaBackpack
                              I'm pretty sure your Ulli townread happened before FG ever brought up your scumtell in thread. That's the most damning one FMPOV. It's hard for me to look past.

                              It's not like, impossible to have the read you did... but a town of your skill level would have at least acknowledged that it was a WIFOM read and that it could go either way. (This is exactly what YoshL pointed out to you later, and you agreed with him, but you still ultimately kept your unambiguous town read on Ulli despite herself.)
                              I made that read the way I did because, in the past, I would've scumread her and pushed her to be lynched. I went that route with red blaster way back when, I went that route with haku in the AC game, and I got burned. So now I prefer to read those kinds of things in a positive light.

                              There's also the matter that ule played somewhat similarly here as she did in the AC game, where, again, she was town. I even went back to the AC game and skimmed her posts and the analysis she did here was in line with what she did there.

                              Comment

                              • DaBackpack
                                ~ お ま ん こ ~
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 918

                                #2175
                                Re: TWG 198 - TWGabout Succession [GAME THREAD]

                                Originally posted by fatfuck42
                                I made that read the way I did because, in the past, I would've scumread her and pushed her to be lynched. I went that route with red blaster way back when, I went that route with haku in the AC game, and I got burned. So now I prefer to read those kinds of things in a positive light.

                                There's also the matter that ule played somewhat similarly here as she did in the AC game, where, again, she was town. I even went back to the AC game and skimmed her posts and the analysis she did here was in line with what she did there.
                                That's fine, but wouldn't it be more natural to view it as null instead of towny?


                                Originally posted by Moogy
                                no one cares
                                Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                                there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                                that's kind of a sad statistic

                                Comment

                                Working...