TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    You hate to see it

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Also SunFan now regretfully has a point

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by Arp!
    it was me indeed! frequency analysis ftw
    Ah, then right on dude. That shit was legendary

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    don't be TOO hard on yourself
    the only one dragging the game down is Sweeney Todd

    Leave a comment:


  • roundbox
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    roundbox, you do it, I know you read these things u big nerd.
    of course I'd read this

    Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
    I'll admit I'm pretty tired so I'm not really proofreading my posts as much, I've said it before but I'll try'n approach each game I play in a different way using what I learned to improve and I'm attempting to apply just sayin fuck it and send instead of spendin 50 minutes on each one and missing shit that'd answer any questions I was actively workin on

    Could see how I appear different from there but I'm a little confused how this results in a vote I'm operating how I always do fmpov just without as much refinement
    as I read this, isn't the conclusion just lack of refinement = tired?
    I don't really get the game approach talk here

    weren't the three of us wolves in the Animal Crossing anon TWG?
    might have to think back to that but probably not since it was YEARS AGO AND ANON (I'm old)

    Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
    Sf and 1337 I'm cautious of but trying to get on-board with, not full wolflean but i got my eye out
    I don't get the logic of this post. you have them as "not full wolflean", but you're wanting to get on board with them? do you mean vote them?

    Leave a comment:


  • Arp!
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Was that Arp? I remember the game because I'm still against the rule you made against using it but for whatever reason who did it escapes me

    Arp if it was you I absolutely apologize because you deserve made credit for it. I remember being floored.

    I also remember Xel being annoyed as hell. Great times
    it was me indeed! frequency analysis ftw

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    you aren't townreading arp, and neither is anyone else, and that matters because it has never happened before

    arp isn't curious/inquisitive/insightful the way they ought to be

    remember when they decoded Al Bhed without even knowing what it was? where is that person this game?
    i do think i'm playing a bit differently and being less curious and inquisitive than i have been in the past and unfortunately i think a lot of it is because i've been a little burnt out and don't have the mental energy i used to have
    but i think i can (and i absolutely want to) do better! i signed up for a reason and i certainly wouldn't want to drag the game down because of this

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    I stake my life it was arp, I don't even need to check to be sure

    ------------------------------------------

    zenith

    I have never had more wolfreads/would kills that I am happy about in a game of werewolf in like
    many many games

    to say that I am solely focused on you as my only world is not a correct assessment of my thoughts on the game
    Well I know about your little lean on Subaru but you didn't grandstand it like you did against me

    So solely focused is wrong I'll admit but, primarily focused is more accurate

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Fuck it I'll check

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I think it was Botchi?
    Again I am so sorry if it was Arp

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    I stake my life it was arp, I don't even need to check to be sure

    ------------------------------------------

    zenith

    I have never had more wolfreads/would kills that I am happy about in a game of werewolf in like
    many many games

    to say that I am solely focused on you as my only world is not a correct assessment of my thoughts on the game

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    you aren't townreading arp, and neither is anyone else, and that matters because it has never happened before

    arp isn't curious/inquisitive/insightful the way they ought to be

    remember when they decoded Al Bhed without even knowing what it was? where is that person this game?
    Was that Arp? I remember the game because I'm still against the rule you made against using it but for whatever reason who did it escapes me

    Arp if it was you I absolutely apologize because you deserve made credit for it. I remember being floored.

    I also remember Xel being annoyed as hell. Great times

    Leave a comment:


  • _Zenith_
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by leetic
    Can you actually explain what specifically you see in your townreads? Your first attempt at explaining it was just meaningless generalities
    Sure thing:

    Subaru:
    Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
    I'll admit I'm pretty tired so I'm not really proofreading my posts as much, I've said it before but I'll try'n approach each game I play in a different way using what I learned to improve and I'm attempting to apply just sayin fuck it and send instead of spendin 50 minutes on each one and missing shit that'd answer any questions I was actively workin on

    Could see how I appear different from there but I'm a little confused how this results in a vote I'm operating how I always do fmpov just without as much refinement
    I know this is biased opinion but I saw this post on the catchup and felt like this was breadcrumbing town through overexplanation. I'm not gonna quote Subaru's intro but it was decent, provided reads and thoughts on those who were presently active when they first entered the game, and felt genuine.

    Originally posted by SubaruPoptart
    By the time I'd caught up to make what I made last night I was diggin through sunfan and leetic's part of the convo, was only this morning I've been more thoroughly going through the first couple pages. Your summoning vote on leetic was something I entirely missed, didn't realize they weren't even here til around 2 hours before I came in neither. Broken charger's rough though I feel that.



    Can also see whatchu mean by this now; I like the initiative of tryna get people get thoughts out on y'all here cuz most of the reason I didn't pay much mind was cuz nobody really did outside of "raeko was active now she's not", which is consistent in your criticisms of me.

    Leetic expressing their disdain for voting inactives


    and then subsequently threw out the list I put in earlier is kinda interesting.

    It's why I can kinda get the response they gave to your "vote" on Zenith but I feel the Summoning Vote as unserious or serious as it may have been was sufficient context to not read too much into it, even with you saying pretty much exactly this. Through all that voting roundbox is definitely interesting but from their point of view makes sense I guess.




    This is really the only bit of insight I got from em. I personally hate using meta but have been opening up to taking it into account more. But even then a clear off an offer for a haircut (which by the way I'm very down for if I could get a tiny trim) no matter how well you know em is insufficient for me. This whole exchange is when I really started divin down the leetic/sunfan hole.

    Sunfan being the only person on that list who's really interacted with him is of note to me, but with my newfound knowledge NAI yet.

    Knowing now that they made the combinatorics PoE literally just before EoD got extended is definitely important context but iterating on it with each bit of sunfan's questioning was confusing to me cuz there's no longer really a timecrunch, there's definitely gonna be some info to come. In my eyes I'm waitin for the info instead of tryna push what looks to be a pretty arbitrary game of probability for no reason. "I've done sufficient reading into the slot" to you yeah but I got no clue what's going on in your brain unfortunately I can barely organize mine
    This post was also good and was a good foot forward for town getting involved w/ the game state. You can check the rest of the iso from this point and imo can see the vibe that I'm getting from Subaru so far.

    MML:
    Right off the rip I'm going to state that my initial town lean feelings on MML developed purely through tone from the catch up, and the assertiveness in their responses have been feeling more in line w/ t!MML, and the aggression isn't there.

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Is this for real?
    Leetic you came in to a mostly empty room and just started clearing people for no legitimate reason and your throwing stones at the few active posters the game has?


    L Take. The game and town beenfit by getting inactives out first.

    Yes i know that puts me on the chopping block, but voring for an active on principle is....just bad



    Damn bro still sick? My condolences


    What did you see nothing to read like, twice or something?
    This is an example of the assertiveness w/ no aggression tied to it, which is more town vibey from MML in my experience, and it was also a good way to respond to an opinion while also making their stance known on the subject (mainly roundbox's point in this quote)




    Sunfan:

    I don't really need to quote to explain this one, but with all of my previous thoughts on their theory said at this point, I think Sunfan is a very bored/lost town lean at the moment and frankly don't understand the actual motives behind it. Sure there's weird stuff like him telling me that there's plenty to work with and telling me there's no dead ends when deadass his only game solve at the moment is that I'm a wolf because I wasn't present when I said I'd be. Despite that though, he's clearly on a misguided quest because he too is at dead ends and is committing on the best one he has going for him.

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    Seriously what the fuck

    Give me a good case on an alternative that isn't Zenith, or like, really sell Zenith to me
    you aren't townreading arp, and neither is anyone else, and that matters because it has never happened before

    arp isn't curious/inquisitive/insightful the way they ought to be

    remember when they decoded Al Bhed without even knowing what it was? where is that person this game?

    Leave a comment:


  • MixMasterLar
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by the sun fan
    aorn, I don't feel like it?
    Seriously what the fuck

    Give me a good case on an alternative that isn't Zenith, or like, really sell Zenith to me

    Leave a comment:


  • the sun fan
    replied
    Re: TWG Turbo 39: Timing Error [GAME THREAD]

    Originally posted by roundbox
    pressure to make a decision within a tiny window of time (my thoughts that EOD was approaching with a whole lot of nothing in the thread)
    understood, understandable

    Leave a comment:

Working...