FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • flipsta_lombax
    Lombax Connoisseur
    • May 2006
    • 2556

    #61
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    2-0-0-1 for Romance right now... mindblocks are coming in. There's something about the level on this song that makes it feel more 10 than 11. Or bursts are my strengths. B]
    Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

    Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

    Comment

    • CammyGoesRawr
      nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
      • Jul 2011
      • 2477

      #62
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      Technically, Velocity is coming easier to me, but my improvement rate is at l0lNope.

      And i'm losing almost a full 4 days of playing due to being in virginia wednesday night to sunday afternoon, where i won't have any connection whatsoever. R.I.P. Cammy <3

      Comment

      • Xx{Midnight}xX
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2007
        • 8548

        #63
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        Originally posted by hi19hi19
        Please stop thinking solely in terms of BPM and TPS and start thinking a little more about what the players actually have to DO to hit the patterns.
        For the love of god Hi19, stop making me happy.

        Edit: Let me explain why I agree with this.

        Take Fall Silently for a prime example of when this doesn't work.

        The BPM is slower, and the notes are slower, but the patterns are harder.

        Take Velocity for a comparison.

        While it's faster and I think it has more notes, it's easier because the patterns are easier. There's not really much jumpstream in here I'd be willing to say, and the speed really doesn't add much difficulty to this chart because the patterns are so simple (thanks WC.)

        So yeah you could in theory say Fall Silently is easier due to that, but by neglecting actually doing it you're misrating the chart's actual difficulty. A lot of people will good **** those little odd ass jumpy shit parts. (They're so odd I don't even know what the correct term is.) Which is probably why this round is easier than the other one is because you did this. It also may explain the difficulty fluke in Custom 6 as well.

        PS: I am not complaining about this by a long shot. If I had to do Fall Silently this round I'd continue my curse of being ****ed over every round 2. So I'm thankful for the misratings.
        Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 11-22-2011, 11:57 PM.

        Comment

        • Ziergdsx18
          ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2007
          • 2800

          #64
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          omg wtf is D5's chart.....

          terribly sorry to say this but that chart is awful.


          | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

          Comment

          • smartdude1212
            2 is poo
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2005
            • 6687

            #65
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

            Me yelling "what the **** is this shit" during kono spoon probably made my night.

            Comment

            • rushyrulz
              Digital Dancing!
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2006
              • 12985

              #66
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              d1: good
              d2: too many hands
              d3: rofl I'll tell you how I feel about D3's song later in this post.
              d4: easier than round 1, not hard in general
              d5: I suck at bursts, so I'll take a blackflag.
              d6: rolololololololololololololololololololololoolnty

              Nobody is going to get eliminated in D4 this round because everyone is going to AAA
              Nobody in D3 is going to AAA their file in this round because lol minijumpgluts with 32nd bursts what?


              Comment

              • TC_Halogen
                Rhythm game specialist.
                FFR Simfile Author
                FFR Music Producer
                • Feb 2008
                • 19376

                #67
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                uh ok, let's not compare the single most objective thing in a file

                180 BPM stream is still faster than 146 BPM stream, these j obviously find this song harderumpstreams are more dense than the last song, and yes, the patterns in the previous song were more rigid than these, but it still doesn't prove your point.

                guys, please don't compare a sprint runner and a cross-country runner because they're both runners (perfect analogy here because a person who isn't quite as fast at streaming here but is a well-rounded player will obviously find this song harder compared to people who are poor at a single pattern because can move fast).

                Comment

                • itsmeraph
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 35

                  #68
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  Stupid freaking hands (d2). Makes me change key setup to jkl; ... since i play one handed.

                  I prefer my 1234. With the setup I'm forced to use here my wrist arches awkwardly over the laptop's trackpad. It's uncomfortable in so many ways :'(

                  Yet, I shall persevere!

                  Comment

                  • Ryusei_
                    God
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 1085

                    #69
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    D3: It's a fun file and a little trickier than I would see most 9's. The random green (64th?) notes in the beginning felt a little weird and out of place to me, kinda one of those things where they're thrown in just for the sake of having them rather than them actually having a place

                    D4:I'm not a huge fan of any rap song that's going to be put into FFR (with the exception of Famouz...Because that's an epic song) and this one wasn't really an exception. The file was fun though and matched up well.

                    D5: IMO, the file just sucks and is overstepped just for the FMO title. I think I sightread 8-0-1-1 or something on it and it just felt...stupid.

                    D6: lolwtfrollsjapan etc....

                    Comment

                    • Ziergdsx18
                      ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 2800

                      #70
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      Velocity isnt a 10 by any means rofl bump that difficulty down


                      p.s inb4 no one in D3 AAA'ed their round song rooofl
                      Last edited by Ziergdsx18; 11-23-2011, 12:08 AM.


                      | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

                      Comment

                      • rushyrulz
                        Digital Dancing!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 12985

                        #71
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        Originally posted by MrPopadopalis25
                        d5's song = mindblock galore

                        pretty much.


                        Comment

                        • FontSize72LOL
                          ☆~{2D <3}~☆
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 833

                          #72
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          I'd say Velocity is a high end 9. As for D3s song... I got 5-0-0-1 twice in a row.. Perhaps tomorrow i can improve upon that, as for a AAA, I would be happy if i got it, but really unless something happens for me, I'll be happy with a low end SDG.



                          Get Kancho'd


                          Comment

                          • YoshL
                            Celestial Harbor
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6156

                            #73
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            drunk 5 clean. I don't know how well i'll do sober.


                            Originally posted by Charu
                            Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

                            Comment

                            • Silvuh
                              quit
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 938

                              #74
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              Thank you for uploading the updated story of dreamers file, Kayla.
                              I AAA'd the new file twice, and the scores just didn't record. Didn't show up on my recent plays or in play count. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't already AAA'd the file.

                              About the time signature, though ... The BPM is 124, so I could have stepped 12ths at 82.667 BPM, but I thought it would be okay to keep the BPM even. Didn't think that would be any harm done ...

                              And the colored notes ... The instrument that the 48ths and 64ths go to is consistently later than the beat, so I thought I'd use cyan and green as red and blue, because they'd be more on-sound and as easy to read. The percussion and the other instrument that comes in in the second instance are on-beat, so they're red and blue. It looks gimmicky, but it was just supposed to be more accurate and still readable ...

                              I know I could have stepped a harder version, but I thought it worked fine as an easier chart, and that's what I wanted to do. Kinda disappointed people aren't liking the file ... a nice little simple file with kinda cute music, Klonoa-inspired. Merf, oh well I guess ...

                              EDIT: I knew the score issue would be fixed before I finished this post ... Took me an hour from clicking reply to posting. Ugh.
                              Last edited by Silvuh; 11-23-2011, 12:17 AM.

                              Comment

                              • bmah
                                shots FIRED
                                Profile Moderator
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                Global Moderator
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 8448

                                #75
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                                A note to everyone: it appears that story of dreamers is recording scores properly again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

                                Originally posted by Silvuh
                                a nice little simple file with kinda cute music, Klonoa-inspired.
                                Wahoo!

                                Comment

                                Working...