FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • itsmeraph
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2011
    • 35

    #76
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    a question,

    do scores in this round matter in the event of a tie later? Or will it not hurt to have slacked here in a later round, so long as I advance

    Comment

    • Ziergdsx18
      ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Nov 2007
      • 2800

      #77
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      omg bmah whats up with those avatars roflmaooooooo


      | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

      Comment

      • bmah
        shots FIRED
        Profile Moderator
        FFR Simfile Author
        Global Moderator
        • Oct 2003
        • 8448

        #78
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        Originally posted by itsmeraph
        a question,

        do scores in this round matter in the event of a tie later? Or will it not hurt to have slacked here in a later round, so long as I advance
        As long as you advance, it's all good. So just focus on your current song...it's not a point-accumulation sort of deal.

        Get past this round and you're good. Don't get past this round and you're dead.

        Comment

        • itsmeraph
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2011
          • 35

          #79
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          Originally posted by bmah
          As long as you advance, it's all good. So just focus on your current song...it's not a point-accumulation sort of deal.

          Get past this round and you're good. Don't get past this round and you're dead.
          Sweet. Alright yeah, cause this round will be bs'd

          Comment

          • Xx{Midnight}xX
            FFR Player
            • Aug 2007
            • 8548

            #80
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

            Originally posted by itsmeraph
            Stupid freaking hands (d2). Makes me change key setup to jkl; ... since i play one handed.

            I prefer my 1234. With the setup I'm forced to use here my wrist arches awkwardly over the laptop's trackpad. It's uncomfortable in so many ways :'(

            Yet, I shall persevere!
            If you obtain 4 or less goods this round I will give you 8k of my personal credits. PM me if you do with a replay ok?

            Give you a little inspiration. :3 (I have a lot of respect for one handers. Shit a video would be awesome as well.)

            Comment

            • 8 Hour Whore
              ←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
              • Oct 2006
              • 2324

              #81
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              If you obtain 4 or less goods this round I will give you 8k of my personal credits. PM me if you do with a replay ok?

              Give you a little inspiration. :3 (I have a lot of respect for one handers. Shit a video would be awesome as well.)
              Can I do this?
              R.I.P JellyGod <333

              Best AAA: Banned Forever
              BlackFlags: 49

              Comment

              • MaxGhost
                FFR Veteran
                • Feb 2008
                • 2141

                #82
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                Tonedeff is horrible. I don't understand why there's any rap in FFR at all. It's just bad.

                Comment

                • Xx{Midnight}xX
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 8548

                  #83
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  Originally posted by 8 Hour Whore
                  Can I do this?
                  Nope :3 I just wanna challenge him a little :3

                  Comment

                  • TC_Halogen
                    Rhythm game specialist.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 19376

                    #84
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    Originally posted by MaxGhost
                    Tonedeff is horrible. I don't understand why there's any rap in FFR at all. It's just bad.
                    Having an opinion is fine, but saying that you don't understand why a certain style of music should be in game is pretty ridiculous. Remember, your opinion/taste of music isn't a correct one, because nobody's taste is.

                    Comment

                    • hi19hi19
                      lol happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 12194

                      #85
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      I don't like music.



                      This whole game is bad.


                      Comment

                      • Xx{Midnight}xX
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 8548

                        #86
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        I don't like music.



                        This whole game is bad.
                        Siggying this shit.

                        Comment

                        • awein999
                          (ಠ⌣ಠ)
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 4647

                          #87
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          D6: The funny thing is that if the rolls were just a little bit faster they could easily be cheated. It's one of those rare instances where you can't really cheat them in ffr, therefore something I'm not used to doing at all. I tried to train by not cheating them, by focusing on one side and rolling consistently and softly. I succeeded for a little while but my hands were not used to it and gave out pretty quickly. I'm hoping that I can build up stamina for this type of pattern so I can bf or better because I probably have to to move on. It's just so fascinating!

                          And I really like Velocity and Kono spoon as songs. I picture someone doing some hardcore improve breakdancing to D4. And mad props for the quick speaking skillness. Lyrics are soso.

                          Kono spoon makes me smile even while playing intensely. 'Nuff said.
                          Originally posted by Staiain
                          i am super purple hippo

                          Comment

                          • psychoangel691
                            Retired Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 10438

                            #88
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            Please stop thinking solely in terms of BPM and TPS and start thinking a little more about what the players actually have to DO to hit the patterns. I mean, 1234 jumptrillable rolls and 1324 split rolls have the exact same BPM and TPS, but the D6 chart shows pretty clearly that they're not comparable in what you have to actually DO to hit them when playing spread (which, face it, the majority of the community does) lmao
                            Who said we only think SOLELY in terms of BPM and TPS? Please stop thinking that pattern is the most deciding factor of a chart. The fact is not everyone is good at the same thing. You can't sit there and say "oh this pattern is super easy so this file is a -" Because it's not easy to everyone.

                            Took me 29 restarts just to get 8 goods



                            43 later



                            58 later



                            65 and a mental block later I quit without finishing the song.



                            I've always hated when people would say "oh that file is soooooo easy, the patterns are so easy" because it makes me feel like crap as a player when I can't do them. Like when I started getting 10s someone told me to go for Legend it's such an easy 10. When I tried I kept doing terrible and when I told that person they kinda laughed at me. I STILL can't do the song to this day. All we try to do is get as objective of a view as we possibly can that factors in a lot of things, rather than the pattern is easy so it must be easy.

                            Oh and btw it only took me 2 or 3 tries to get my 3 good run on Fall Silently and only like 35 to get the AAA. I'm still pretty far from the AAA this round.



                            (And no I'm not saying rate based on my skill and personal strengths/weaknesses, just merely using me as an example since I'm one that finds this chart a pain in the ass)
                            Originally posted by Charu
                            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                            Comment

                            • leonid
                              I am leonid
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 8080

                              #89
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              Hey my replay count went up to like 141 what now (for some reason my level rank says i played 138 times)



                              Proud member of Team No

                              Comment

                              • igotrhythm
                                Fractals!
                                • Sep 2004
                                • 6535

                                #90
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                                Okay, a new perspective on subjectivemanias difficulty: D5 vs. D6.

                                I had an FC on the D6 song within 10 plays.
                                It took me 12 plays to FC the D5 song.

                                This does not mean that D6's song is less difficult than D5's, merely a reflection of one player's lack of facility with bursts as opposed to rolls and streams. Please, before you go off on a song, look at what other people have to say about it and think hard about why they said it so you can voice a more informed opinion. (Protip: After the 11[34]12 parts in the D5 song, it goes into copymirror of the part before the white notes.)

                                @Kayla: Try 90+ restarts on NWE trying to fix a blackflag. (Still have it.)
                                Last edited by igotrhythm; 11-23-2011, 01:10 AM.
                                Originally posted by thesunfan
                                I literally spent 10 minutes in the library looking for the TWG forum on Smogon and couldn't find it what the fuck is this witchcraft IGR

                                Comment

                                Working...