FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TC_Halogen
    Rhythm game specialist.
    FFR Simfile Author
    FFR Music Producer
    • Feb 2008
    • 19376

    #226
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
    Guess what? There are no 9's that are similar to 11's, you're completely pulling shit out of your ass. Songs that are 1 difficulty off are common, but two is ridiculous. I don't think any exist, and if one does, it'd have to be at really low difficulties like 1-5.
    The only potential example I can come up with is Max Forever, and I personally feel like that is really pushing it. But yeah, there's nothing like that in the higher levels aside from that song.

    Comment

    • Hateandhatred
      "The Quebec Steparatist."
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2011
      • 1974

      #227
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
      Guess what? There are no 9's that are similar to 11's, you're completely pulling shit out of your ass. Songs that are 1 difficulty off are common, but two is ridiculous. I don't think any exist, and if one does, it'd have to be at really low difficulties like 1-5.
      Its not impossible though, lets not put barriers. Gradeus was a 12 once.
      Forgot where I put my old sig lol

      Comment

      • ninjaKIWI
        plain old ugly ass dumbas
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 3307

        #228
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        Originally posted by Hateandhatred
        Its not impossible though, lets not put barriers. Gradeus was a 12 once.
        That was a long time ago, when there were a lot of limitations on the gameplay. No speed mods, av-misses, and the game was still relatively new. Real 'skill' in the game hadn't had time to develop.
        Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
        "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
        "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
        "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
        "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
        "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
        "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

        Comment

        • TK_unreal
          D7 Elite Keymasher
          • Aug 2006
          • 183

          #229
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          why even bother arguing about this..? i dont quite see the point, changing a number on a file doesnt change the file, or the gameplay, just play the damn game and have fun with it.. lol


          inb4mypoststartsmorearguing

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #230
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

            honestly that should be a post that stops arguing because it's the truth. if the file is rated a 1, 12, 8388607, it's still the overall composition of the file that will make a AAA impressive.

            Comment

            • Choofers
              FFR Player
              FFR Music Producer
              • Dec 2008
              • 6205

              #231
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
              Romance in the Club is a way more difficult AAA than Ambient Angels.
              yeah rofl

              I had no issue AAAing ambient angels but...
              **** this song.

              Comment

              • Hateandhatred
                "The Quebec Steparatist."
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2011
                • 1974

                #232
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                Originally posted by TK_unreal
                why even bother arguing about this..? i dont quite see the point, changing a number on a file doesnt change the file, or the gameplay, just play the damn game and have fun with it.. lol


                inb4mypoststartsmorearguing
                Thetruth.com
                Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                Comment

                • Netjet!
                  Sic itur ad astra
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 4701

                  #233
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  I have a better score on the D4 song than in D3 haha ._. better start whoring for the AAA
                  RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                  Comment

                  • bmah
                    shots FIRED
                    Profile Moderator
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    Global Moderator
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 8448

                    #234
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    If you guys have trouble on D3, a similar sort of file already on FFR is Caixa D'Aqua. Try that for practice. It even has a 34321 32nd burst like elegante does and is around a similar slow BPM.

                    Comment

                    • AmreKept
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2008
                      • 43

                      #235
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      I have to say, being the first tournament I've been in, this is really pushing out the best in me. There's actually reason to try and improve. I love the D3 songs so far, and the charts aren't easy but they aren't omgwtf like the higher divisions (I'm still amazed people can AAA stuff like that, I'm such a noob :P). Anyway, good luck to all, cheers!

                      Comment

                      • who_cares973
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 15407

                        #236
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        That the positive attitude everyone needa

                        Comment

                        • TK_unreal
                          D7 Elite Keymasher
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 183

                          #237
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          Originally posted by AmreKept
                          I have to say, being the first tournament I've been in, this is really pushing out the best in me. There's actually reason to try and improve. I love the D3 songs so far, and the charts aren't easy but they aren't omgwtf like the higher divisions (I'm still amazed people can AAA stuff like that, I'm such a noob :P). Anyway, good luck to all, cheers!
                          that exactly the same reason i joined the official, i wanted to see where i stand with all those wonderful D6'ers :P

                          sure ill rage here and there XD but hey, thats part of the fun for me, just makes me more determined to AAA

                          Comment

                          • PrawnSkunk
                            Administrator
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Administrator
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 3907

                            #238
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            Doesn't "Kono spoon, suteki desu ne" losely translate to "This spoon is beautiful, isn't it" ? (unless spoon means something else)

                            Comment

                            • Magicturbo
                              Beatrix~
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 1508

                              #239
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              Originally posted by PrawnSkunk
                              Doesn't "Kono spoon, suteki desu ne" losely translate to "This spoon is beautiful, isn't it" ? (unless spoon means something else)
                              Have you seen the album art for the actual song? It's very likely it 'could' mean something else

                              Comment

                              • gabrieljd
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 259

                                #240
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                                The fast jumps in elegante are just impossible for me, I have to mash through them.

                                Comment

                                Working...