FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Choofers
    FFR Player
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2008
    • 6205

    #211
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    Originally posted by TC_Halogen
    The file is barely a 9 outside of the few tricky bursts and the four note 16th jump-glut into a triple. Giving Velocity to D3 unfairly weeds out the weak by forcing fast streaming/jumpstreaming down their throats, whereas elegante forces people to practice by giving them an overall tricky pattern set that gives everyone difficulty (see Dashboard).

    Granted, D4 is doing exceedingly well this round, they'd all probably do just as well on elegante.
    Alright, understood.

    Then drop Velocity down to a 9 lol.

    Comment

    • psychoangel691
      Retired Staff
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2004
      • 10438

      #212
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      Originally posted by Ryusei_
      You DID actually add your 2 cents to that conversation. Thanks for keeping up.
      I didn't see the whole prochat discussion did I? All I had to go off was someone saying that the charts are comparable when in fact they are nothing alike other than song and stepauthor. Even he came in and said it himself. You're talking about a file that has like no density because the jumps are rare and it's a colored file, against a jumpstream file which has some super dense areas in it. How are those comparable?


      EDIT: How do people think 180 jumpstream is a 9 -_- Normally people would be happy for a song to have been rated on the harder side. There's no pleasing you people no matter what. It's always going to be too low or too high.
      Last edited by psychoangel691; 11-23-2011, 06:07 PM.
      Originally posted by Charu
      My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
      Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
      Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

      Comment

      • Ryusei_
        God
        • Mar 2006
        • 1085

        #213
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        The masses are wrong. End of discussion

        Comment

        • Hakulyte
          aka Haku
          • Jul 2005
          • 4697

          #214
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          What's true song difficulty?

          Comment

          • psychoangel691
            Retired Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2004
            • 10438

            #215
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

            Originally posted by Ryusei_
            The masses are wrong. End of discussion
            Right now you're the only one I see really carrying on about this. And I didn't see that many people say to drop Velocity to a 9. I saw a few say 9 and a few say 10 then just some that think it's easier than elegante but didn't say drop it to a 9 but to bump elegante. In otherwords there's more discussion to be had. And again I want at least 24 hours for people to have a chance to play and discuss. But apparently you still aren't getting that.

            Originally posted by Hakulyte
            What's true song difficulty?
            Good question.
            Originally posted by Charu
            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

            Comment

            • Emithith
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2008
              • 1784

              #216
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              I don't mind when something that should be a 12 is an 11 or a 9 into an 8, but when it's something like a 9 in an 11, that's when shit just gets real for me.

              Comment

              • iironiic
                D6 FFR Legacy Player
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2009
                • 4342

                #217
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                Originally posted by Hakulyte
                What's true song difficulty?
                It doesn't exist. Therefore your question is invalid.

                Song difficulties vary between individuals. FN may be relatively easy to someone like Dossar vs someone who just started playing the game. Everyone is right when it comes to rating, but tension arises when we all need to make a general consensus.
                Last edited by iironiic; 11-23-2011, 06:25 PM.

                Comment

                • Ninty64
                  FFR Player
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 738

                  #218
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  Originally posted by Ziergdsx18
                  curious

                  has anyone in D6 tried Mathsma Attack after playing Kono Spoon? :3
                  Playing Kono for hours has magical powers. I'm now a believer.
                  Everyone must try this.



                  Edit: More Magical Powers
                  (Seriously, whore Kono for a few hours then play other songs, it's amazing <3)
                  Last edited by Ninty64; 11-23-2011, 06:56 PM.

                  Comment

                  • psychoangel691
                    Retired Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 10438

                    #219
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    Originally posted by Ninty64
                    Playing Kono for hours has magical powers. I'm now a believer.
                    Everyone must try this.

                    Wat
                    Originally posted by Charu
                    My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                    Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                    Comment

                    • Ziergdsx18
                      ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 2800

                      #220
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      Originally posted by Ninty64
                      Playing Kono for hours has magical powers. I'm now a believer.
                      Everyone must try this.

                      dat PA O.O


                      | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

                      Comment

                      • Hateandhatred
                        "The Quebec Steparatist."
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 1974

                        #221
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        Alright, my noob thoughts again:

                        Division 1: story of dreamers.

                        So far, really clean easy songs for D1! Nice stepfile here, and nice song! Loved the sudden changes with keytaps! Our beginners should have lots of fun with it! It has a nostalgic Nintendo feel, too. Oh, and the stepfile is pretty! It's also slightly easier than tightrope city, but whatever. Barely noticeable.

                        Division 2: asterisk.

                        Ok. The beginning also gives a nostalgic Nintendo feel, or most accurately, a Mario Kart 64 feel. The rest of the song is just... Cool. Nothing too special about it, but it's good enough to make whoring less frustrating. Hands aren't the nicest idea because some keyboards can't play them, but whatever. I guess if no D2 players complain about it, then it's fine. Other than that, it's pretty well stepped, you have nice surprises here and here, and the song is sooooo much better than round 1's.

                        Division 3: elegante.

                        Hands. Again. Anyway, gotta love the 2 "**** your AAAs" bursts, ahaha. The song is cool but not outstanding. And the stepfile isn't as good as Ichliebekase's submission for round 1, but not gonna compare D3's future songs with Glorious Morning, otherwise, I'm gonna think that they all suck. Otherwise, I'm curious to see how D3 players will react. I predict rage.

                        Division 4: Velocity.

                        Okay. I usually think that Hip Hop stepfiles suck ass, but this was pretty cool. Not a fan of the song, but it was pretty damn well stepped, so I'd give it a 8/10. At some point, I thought that Requiem for a Dream would start playing in the background, ahaha. It's fun to play, kinda like Famouz and Choprite. But hell, it's so damn much easier than Fall Silently...

                        Division 5: Romance in the Club feat. Liquido.

                        THIS. Is also easier than Ambient Angels, predict LOTS of AAAs for this one. It's also a pretty ****ing weird song, but judging from my lurking experience, I'd say that this is something the Samurai would step, and something he'd step pretty damn well. The other person who would have stepped this is Dossar, and... Well, nothing against you man, but DAMN I'm sooo relieved that you didn't give it a go! Dossar, keep playing, leave the stepfiles to teh pros (personnal opinion here). It's great to play, and pretty complete. Have fun, D5.

                        Division 6: Kono spoon, suteki desu ne.

                        Lol WTF WAS THAT? XD But anyway, you better love rolls for this one. They aren't too hard to go through, and don't subitely change for random shit like Death Piano's rolls before its infamous end trills. Again, it's much easier than The Rapids, but both files are similar in both their WTFness and epicness. Best stepfile of the lot, even though the song is weird as shit. 100% complete, good job 0.

                        So, on an end note, why are D2 and D3 the only divisions to get a harder song for Round 2? xD

                        Good luck everyone!
                        Last edited by Hateandhatred; 11-24-2011, 12:54 PM.
                        Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                        Comment

                        • ninjaKIWI
                          plain old ugly ass dumbas
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 3307

                          #222
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          Romance in the Club is a way more difficult AAA than Ambient Angels.
                          Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
                          "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
                          "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
                          "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
                          "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
                          "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
                          "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

                          Comment

                          • hi19hi19
                            lol happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 12194

                            #223
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            I re-AAA'd Velocity because I was curious, and after some more plays (took 8 tries to re-AAA) I can definitely say I'm happy with it as a low 10. While it remains kinda easy for me personally, I can see how some parts would be extremely easy to split if you hadn't practiced fast jumpstream.

                            Oh well. Now if we're talking about the D3 file, I still haven't AAA'd it yet lmao bmah too crazy


                            Comment

                            • ninjaKIWI
                              plain old ugly ass dumbas
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 3307

                              #224
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              Originally posted by Emithith
                              I don't mind when something that should be a 12 is an 11 or a 9 into an 8, but when it's something like a 9 in an 11, that's when shit just gets real for me.
                              Guess what? There are no 9's that are similar to 11's, you're completely pulling shit out of your ass. Songs that are 1 difficulty off are common, but two is ridiculous. I don't think any exist, and if one does, it'd have to be at really low difficulties like 1-5.
                              Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
                              "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
                              "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
                              "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
                              "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
                              "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
                              "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

                              Comment

                              • xXAll-ProXx
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Nov 2010
                                • 2040

                                #225
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                                Originally posted by Emithith
                                I don't mind when something that should be a 12 is an 11 or a 9 into an 8, but when it's something like a 9 in an 11, that's when shit just gets real for me.
                                yea especially FGO's that should be a 9.
                                I have a dig bick.

                                Comment

                                Working...