FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Darkbreezee
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2009
    • 455

    #181
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    Originally posted by DarknessXoXLight
    Oh my god, I just played the D3 chart, what are those bursts. All the 9's so far in this tourney have been so derpy~
    personally one of my favs so far , and ye indeed this romance in the club chart is wicked ..

    Comment

    • One Winged Angel
      Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Mar 2007
      • 10837

      #182
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      DA-DA-DA-DA-DA, doodoo, bada dum dum
      BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT ヽ( ゚д゚ )ノ ぅぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉ
      Last edited by One Winged Angel; 11-23-2011, 04:29 PM.


      Originally posted by ilikexd
      i want to be cucked by cirno

      Comment

      • smartdude1212
        2 is poo
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2005
        • 6687

        #183
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        Pretty much that x50

        Comment

        • Ziergdsx18
          ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Nov 2007
          • 2800

          #184
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          curious

          has anyone in D6 tried Mathsma Attack after playing Kono Spoon? :3


          | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

          Comment

          • One Winged Angel
            Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2007
            • 10837

            #185
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

            I was just thinking about that today actually.

            Everyone that AAA'd kono should be able to AAA Mathsma if they can hit the one handed trill sections before the rolls reverse early enough. Mathsma's 220bpm iirc so the 24th rolls are only 10bpm faster than the ones in kono spoon.


            Originally posted by ilikexd
            i want to be cucked by cirno

            Comment

            • Ziergdsx18
              ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Nov 2007
              • 2800

              #186
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              eggxactly :3c

              lol just got 5 clean, definitely felt alot easier. i think kono is a good warmup song to attemp an AAA on mathsma
              Last edited by Ziergdsx18; 11-23-2011, 04:54 PM.


              | irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |

              Comment

              • psychoangel691
                Retired Staff
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Dec 2004
                • 10438

                #187
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                Originally posted by Ryusei_
                You know...I'm just going to put this out there, because unless something melted everyone's brain in the year and a half I was gone, I don't see why this isn't applicable

                So far everytime a new song has come out for FFR, I've typically seen people accept its difficulty rating without a problem. This includes past officials (and I've sat through what...4 or 5?) and never before have I seen such an uproar about song difficulties until THIS tournament.
                How many of the officials have had ALL new songs? I know 4 did, 5 didn't, don't remember the others anymore but really at this point those are pointless to look at because the skill curve has changed. Remember something, Silence, CIA rave, Vertex Beta just to name a few used to be FMO's, now one's a 9 and the other 2 are a 10. There's tons of songs like this that have been moved down over the years because the skill curve is always changing.

                Remember when we thought an AAA on Crowdpleaser was impossible? Or a good majority of the 12s for that matter. Then next thing we knew Marcus was wrecking through them and other people started to follow.

                You're also acting as though there hasn't been any debate in a lot of the weekly song release threads. The only difference now is there's more attention because it's people's tournament songs so they get more heated about it and there's also 6 songs being released per week right now.

                Everyone, including us, should be allowed to express our views and opinions and reply to what others say. Every time we want to explain our thoughts about why we put it as something or why we don't agree it's some big storm of us "always being right" It's called discussing (or debating since people get so heated over this.) Sorry that I don't think we should jump to switch the rating on a file immediately. Remember the active community aren't the only ones playing this game either. Did I not bump Fall Silently to a 10? I still don't agree with it but I did it after Rushy actually came in and made some valid points. To me just coming in and going "oh this is harder than this", with nothing to back it up, hardly serves as grounds to run and change it real fast. I also don't understand how half you guys are coming up with your ratings. Like elegante plays like a 8 for a good chunk of the file then has that little blip that is 10ish, figured go in the middle with that one. I'm guessing most people are only going off AAA ability. But again this is another file that there are a whole bunch of 9s that it could be compared to and I have seen other community members bring it up.

                Last thing I want to bring up is it seems that people think that a change in difficulty is going to effect the tourney lineup or something. The fact is regardless of the number assigned to the file they're where I want them to be in the tournament. I noticed there are some D4 people struggling more this round than last, I actually happen to be one of them. But it stresses a completely different skill, which is something I tried to do in all divisions best I could. Push different skills since people are good at different things.


                tl;dr we're not saying we're always right we're debating our points just like anyone else here does.
                Last edited by psychoangel691; 11-23-2011, 05:06 PM.
                Originally posted by Charu
                My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                Comment

                • smartdude1212
                  2 is poo
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 6687

                  #188
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  I think only 4 had new songs for every round, whereas 5 (and perhaps 3) had new songs for the final.

                  Comment

                  • psychoangel691
                    Retired Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 10438

                    #189
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    Originally posted by smartdude1212
                    I think only 4 had new songs for every round, whereas 5 (and perhaps 3) had new songs for the final.
                    Yea that's what I thought but I wasn't 100% certain.
                    Originally posted by Charu
                    My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                    Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                    Comment

                    • hi19hi19
                      lol happy
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 12194

                      #190
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                      DA-DA-DA-DA-DA, doodoo, bada dum dum
                      BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT ヽ( ゚д゚ )ノ ぅぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉぉ
                      lmfao I died.











                      Comment

                      • Ryusei_
                        God
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 1085

                        #191
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        Originally posted by psychoangel691
                        You're also acting as though there hasn't been any debate in a lot of the weekly song release threads. The only difference now is there's more attention because it's people's tournament songs so they get more heated about it and there's also 6 songs being released per week right now.
                        No, I never said that there was no debate about other songs....I said that those debates are typically more accepted and not met by such an opposing reaction by those in charge.

                        Everyone, including us, should be allowed to express our views and opinions and reply to what others say. Every time we want to explain our thoughts about why we put it as something or why we don't agree it's some big storm of us "always being right" It's called discussing (or debating since people get so heated over this.)
                        Halo coming in saying everyone is wrong and not wanted to explain why for fear of their stupid retalliations....Actually yeah, that's exactly what I would call the "always being right" attitude.
                        Sorry that I don't think we should jump to switch the rating on a file immediately. Remember the active community aren't the only ones playing this game either. Did I not bump Fall Silently to a 10? I still don't agree with it
                        Fortunately, I was under the impression that the masses were a pretty good indicator as to what a file should be, not what YOU agree with. This is the second time the masses have spoken and it's treated just like the first. "lolwrong"


                        Last thing I want to bring up is it seems that people think that a change in difficulty is going to effect the tourney lineup or something.
                        I don't think anyone is going to think that you're going to change anything at this point. You've made it very clear that it's YOUR tournament and you're going to do what you want to do. I think the only argument that'll be made is the silliness behind placing easier songs AFTER harder ones.


                        tl;dr we're not saying we're always right we're debating our points just like anyone else here does.
                        Actually, almost every comment Halo has made (not you) has been pretty much exactly this.

                        Comment

                        • DossarLX ODI
                          Batch Manager
                          Game Manager
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 15013

                          #192
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          Originally posted by psychoangel691
                          Remember when we thought an AAA on Crowdpleaser was impossible? Or a good majority of the 12s for that matter. Then next thing we knew Marcus was wrecking through them and other people started to follow.
                          While I read the post and understand what you're saying, Crowdpleaser is a *HORRIBLE* example. Everyone above my score used overlay, so technically that file still hasn't been AAA'd properly (in other words, those people willfully acknowledged they couldn't do the file without having to resort to that method).
                          Originally posted by hi19hi19
                          oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #193
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            cry me a river, I have an opinion that's supported by facts contained within charts themselves

                            I'm not acting like the boy who cried wolf, I'm actually showing you that there's a goddamn wolf right in front of you (analogous for I'm giving facts, when most of the people here are just saying LOL THIS FILE IS "x" DIFFICULTY PUT IT DOWN BECAUSE I AAA'D AND IT'S SUPER EASY)

                            if you guys want to inflate/deflate difficulties on songs that don't need it, that's fine - it's not like song difficulties affect me in this particular difficulty area anyway.

                            and yes, I still think you guys are defending absolutely retarded points. just going around the site (or places outside of the site where people are congregating), I'm seeing things like this:

                            a.) omg this section is ridiculous - no it's not, it's a moderate spike that can be done by a person of that particular skill if you're willing to sit down and practice it. This reason is one of the reasons why I'm still bitter about Time to Eye being a 12 when it runs like a lower 11 for a good majority of the song, has one [14][23] jump-sandwhich, and has 32nd+ bursts that literally total about 2 seconds if you combine each and every one of them together

                            b.) I can do this so it must be easy! This is what I think of your logic. yes, it's satirical, but you're using reasoning in a similar fashion as this to get your point across (note: not ALL of you; I welcome those who are defending their points on songs like rushyrulz did when he argued Fall Silently in the previous thread, that was perfectly acceptable)

                            c.) I can't do this, so bump it up! (see above link)

                            d.) TPS doesn't matter in reference to patterns! (exaggeration) counterexample: 240 BPM streams vs. 240 BPM streams with jumps - guarantee you most of D5 can handle the first but not that latter

                            e.) pattern flow - entirely subjective

                            Please let me know when you guys are willing to make a legitimate discussion involving song difficulties.
                            Last edited by TC_Halogen; 11-23-2011, 05:42 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Emithith
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2008
                              • 1784

                              #194
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              lmfao

                              I think every time a song has been released there has been some sort of bitching about it. So everyone chill the **** up.

                              Comment

                              • psychoangel691
                                Retired Staff
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Dec 2004
                                • 10438

                                #195
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                                Originally posted by Ryusei_
                                No, I never said that there was no debate about other songs....I said that those debates are typically more accepted and not met by such an opposing reaction by those in charge.
                                AJ's not in charge and I don't feel I'm in anyway being unfair by wanting to get more opinions rather than waiting oh what not even 24hrs before changing something.

                                Halo coming in saying everyone is wrong and not wanted to explain why for fear of their stupid retalliations....Actually yeah, that's exactly what I would call the "always being right" attitude.
                                Don't recall him actually coming in here and saying you're all wrong. But he is not me and I am not him. So don't direct this always right thing at me.

                                Fortunately, I was under the impression that the masses were a pretty good indicator as to what a file should be, not what YOU agree with. This is the second time the masses have spoken and it's treated just like the first. "lolwrong"
                                The masses? A song hasn't even been out 24 hours for people to really get to try out and comment on. It's not a good indicator when the damn thing barely has been out yet. Just like the last time, not even 24hrs later. Again, I want time for people to be able to get in here and speak their piece. Not only go off some of you. Plus AGAIN, how about the part of the community that wont even come in here and say something because they want no part in this drama.

                                I don't think anyone is going to think that you're going to change anything at this point. You've made it very clear that it's YOUR tournament and you're going to do what you want to do. I think the only argument that'll be made is the silliness behind placing easier songs AFTER harder ones.
                                You do realize 1. There's only so many songs to choose from doing all NEW songs for every division in a 6 division tournament with 8 rounds right? Oh but okay that's all on me. And again it's easier to YOU and some of the other people. As I pointed out in the other thread those who did well last round have been struggling this round and those who did poorly last round are having an easier time this round. I've been watching the dash it's the trend. So no it's not easier song after a harder song. It's songs that are both 10s (according to the community fall silently is a 10 I still don't agree but again I changed it cause it's what YOU GUYS WANTED) but they stress different skill types. So some people this is harder for others it's easier. This is not universal but you fail to get that through your head.
                                Actually, almost every comment Halo has made (not you) has been pretty much exactly this.
                                If it's not me then stop saying "the people in charge"

                                Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                                While I read the post and understand what you're saying, Crowdpleaser is a *HORRIBLE* example. Everyone above my score used overlay, so technically that file still hasn't been AAA'd properly (in other words, those people willfully acknowledged they couldn't do the file without having to resort to that method).
                                It was just a random example because no one thought it was possible in any way. I also noted that along with other 12s. There was a point we never thought these possible. Hell I bet people didn't think La Camp was AAA able but I watched AJ do that. That was gross x.x It was just to make a point that players are always going to advance and become better thus changing how difficulties are viewed.
                                Originally posted by Charu
                                My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                                Originally posted by DaBackpack
                                also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                                Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                                Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                                yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                                Comment

                                Working...