FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • flipsta_lombax
    Lombax Connoisseur
    • May 2006
    • 2556

    #91
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    I'll just put it this way: if the rest of the rounds are files just like this one, I definitely have a chance.

    Throw something similar to Ambient and I'm fucced.
    Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

    Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

    Comment

    • who_cares973
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2006
      • 15407

      #92
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      I've yet to play my own file in the tourney but yesterday I got 2g on it first try on my own engine

      Comment

      • awein999
        (ಠ⌣ಠ)
        • Oct 2007
        • 4647

        #93
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        The two D5 and D6 songs are incomparable at first glance because their styles are so incredibly different. One individual may say "oh this song is so easy, and this one is so hard," but it really doesn't matter what any one person individually says. It all comes down to the general average score attained by the masses combined. Hence the difficulty.

        In general the D6 song would be rated harder because the average player would have a lower score on it than the D5 song. FC'ing it isn't very difficult, but lets see you pa those rolls! That is the challenge and that's why there are still single digit AAA's on that song in D6!
        Last edited by awein999; 11-23-2011, 01:23 AM.
        Originally posted by Staiain
        i am super purple hippo

        Comment

        • psychoangel691
          Retired Staff
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2004
          • 10438

          #94
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          Originally posted by awein999
          FC'ing it isn't very difficult, but lets see you pa those rolls! That is the challenge and that's why there are still single digit AAA's on that song in D6!
          I can actually PA those rolls :3 Aj would watch me play and be like wtf XD
          Originally posted by Charu
          My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
          Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
          Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #95
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

            D5 has a relatively low FC difficulty, but only if you go for a FC and nothing more. Trying to score on D5's file can prove to be quite difficult. Oddly enough, I expect some people in D5 to be able to score better on D6's file simply because it doesn't require ridiculous burst speed to PA, and I expect the inverse to be true as well since most D6 players have a ridiculous amount of speed to begin with.

            It's all dependent on the player.

            EDIT:
            1.) ninja'd by awein
            2.) kayla: if I see you AAA that yellow note 16th (32nd) burst again I will cry
            3.) mubjectivesanias

            Comment

            • leonid
              I am leonid
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Oct 2008
              • 8080

              #96
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              Basically what I do is hnngh the split roll section hoping for the best
              Last edited by bmah; 11-23-2011, 01:31 AM. Reason: Shhh :)



              Proud member of Team No

              Comment

              • Choofers
                FFR Player
                FFR Music Producer
                • Dec 2008
                • 6205

                #97
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                D5 has a relatively low FC difficulty, but only if you go for a FC and nothing more. Trying to score on D5's file can prove to be quite difficult.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.
                Otto von Schirach is gay as shit.

                Comment

                • rushyrulz
                  Digital Dancing!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 12985

                  #98
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  ****.



                  Comment

                  • lumphoboextreme
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 8592

                    #99
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    Not going to lie I'd rather play ketsarku and take my fc pa from that than try to fc and take that pa. Eventually I'll settle for a mashed fc. I just can't hit note dumps. Rolls sure but those are randomly scattered notes.

                    Comment

                    • Ryusei_
                      God
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 1085

                      #100
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      Originally posted by awein999
                      It all comes down to the general average score attained by the masses combined. Hence the difficulty.
                      Using this logic, does this mean that difficulty wise....Fall Silently is harder than Velocity? If we're talking strictly based on scores gotten by the masses, this seems to be the case so far. It's seeming to me that Velocity is more of a high 9 than a 10

                      Ichliebekase pointed out in profile chat that Champion Freeverse (a 9) is a very comparable file to Velocity (Same song Author, same stepfile artist) and has a pretty similar feel

                      Comment

                      • flipsta_lombax
                        Lombax Connoisseur
                        • May 2006
                        • 2556

                        #101
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        Go for AAA rushy! ^^ Btw, I really REALLY love this file right now. I'm getting a wee bit better at it.

                        Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                        Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                        Comment

                        • awein999
                          (ಠ⌣ಠ)
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 4647

                          #102
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          Originally posted by Ryusei_
                          Using this logic, does this mean that difficulty wise....Fall Silently is harder than Velocity? If we're talking strictly based on scores gotten by the masses, this seems to be the case so far. It's seeming to me that Velocity is more of a high 9 than a 10

                          Ichliebekase pointed out in profile chat that Champion Freeverse (a 9) is a very comparable file to Velocity (Same song Author, same stepfile artist) and has a pretty similar feel
                          Weeks too early to tell but it might just be.

                          Edit: I say weeks because D5 players are better than D4. More D5 players are spending time on their chart than the D4 chart and likewise. So we need to wait to see how it pans out from here to be sure. My intuition would side with your opinion but I wouldn't claim it just yet.
                          Last edited by awein999; 11-23-2011, 02:36 AM.
                          Originally posted by Staiain
                          i am super purple hippo

                          Comment

                          • lumphoboextreme
                            FFR Veteran
                            • Jan 2005
                            • 8592

                            #103
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            Lol well I'm bad at FFR and I haven't AAA'd fall silently yet and have tried plenty of times got the new D4 song in 2 tries.

                            Comment

                            • Emithith
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2008
                              • 1784

                              #104
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              you know, the one thing that pisses me off about this "difficulty logic" is that Novo Mundo is an 11. There are definitely WAY harder 10s. I don't care if there is a set of rolls near the end of that song. It's unjustifiable.

                              I've also said this once, and I'll say it again, we need a set SONG for each Difficulty for it to be the trend setter. So, say anything harder than Over the Frail Dream is a 10 etc etc.

                              Disregard ATPS, and BPM. The chart is important as ****, and 3 sets of runningmen at 100bpm/16ths is probably harder than 1 120bpm/24th runningman.

                              Just me shooting my mouth off, I probably don't know jack shit, but damn, we need a FINE LINE for difficulties.

                              Comment

                              • Divinefury
                                FFR Player
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 119

                                #105
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2



                                I hate this song so bad...

                                [EDIT]


                                I always get random goods at the end when it slows down... ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
                                Last edited by Divinefury; 11-23-2011, 03:35 AM.


                                Best AAA: Yoshi's Cookie, Famouz, the Dream of Scarlet, On Conquest and Capture
                                I need to play more..

                                Comment

                                Working...