FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • remedy1502
    remederpin
    • Feb 2007
    • 4885

    #31
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    o

    Comment

    • ichliebekase
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2006
      • 3213

      #32
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      story of dreamers, lolplaceholdernote~
      Meh, I didn't really like this. Not sure if the colors were a gimmick or not, but this was not a good file imo :/ plus it seemed like there were ghost notes.
      Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
      We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
      =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
      Garden Party - Dance, level 38

      Comment

      • 00Razor00
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2006
        • 3530

        #33
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        Originally posted by remedy1502
        o



        LOL


        Originally posted by t-rogdor
        hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

        Comment

        • DossarLX ODI
          Batch Manager
          Game Manager
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Mar 2008
          • 15013

          #34
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          D1 - Most of the song felt like 12ths/24ths, so I don't know why it was stepped as 8ths and 16ths, but expressivemanias in the 48th/64th color parts

          D2 - Layered 8ths of doom

          D3 - Grace notes FFFFFFFFFFFFFf

          D4 - Felt more like a high 9, played smoothly

          D5 - Also funny but didn't have me breaking into laughter like D6's song

          D6 - Laughed too hard
          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

          Comment

          • psychoangel691
            Retired Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2004
            • 10438

            #35
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

            Apologies to D1, apparently I had the wrong file. Just uploaded the fixed version of it.
            Originally posted by Charu
            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

            Comment

            • Sweet_Feet
              Washed Up
              • Oct 2005
              • 1934

              #36
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              D1 - meh
              D2 - never again
              D3 - the bpm is such rage bait for me.. definitely gonna be a challenge for me to AAA
              D4 - took way too many attempts, didn't like it that much
              D5 - fun as balls, really cool chart
              D6 - those split rolls can go kill themselves also, the coloring scheme throws me off so hard

              Comment

              • DossarLX ODI
                Batch Manager
                Game Manager
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2008
                • 15013

                #37
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                493 notes this time instead of 433

                While repeating this may be beating a dead horse, check over which file to upload so you don't wind up having people play a file with a different notecount. This happened to me on Positively Inclined and /mu/tant corecore
                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                Comment

                • ichliebekase
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • May 2006
                  • 3213

                  #38
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  Yay no more placeholder note in story of dreamers.

                  Still meh about it with the colors.
                  Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
                  We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
                  =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
                  Garden Party - Dance, level 38

                  Comment

                  • flipsta_lombax
                    Lombax Connoisseur
                    • May 2006
                    • 2556

                    #39
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    D5's song is awesome and catchy! I swear this round feels more like Round 1.. I already have 3 goods on it and the effort was 3 times less than Ambient... 4 srs.
                    Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                    Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                    Comment

                    • DossarLX ODI
                      Batch Manager
                      Game Manager
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 15013

                      #40
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      I'm still wondering why the 8ths/16ths weren't stepped as 12ths/24ths in story of dreamers
                      Originally posted by hi19hi19
                      oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                      Comment

                      • hi19hi19
                        lol happy
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 12194

                        #41
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        This round brought to you by Color Theory and Hands Inc.
                        D1- niec expressivemanias. Very understepped from what I would have liked sadly- there's some interesting drum rhythms and sweeping glissandi that were totally ignored in favor of 8th patterns. Was fun and the color thing was fine I guess. Sightread AAA, all that good stuff.

                        D2- Took 3 tries to AAA. The slow 8th jacks are easy to split, for sure. Very punishing to people not used to reading hands. The minijack was a little excessive, especially considering it has a somewhat rough transition around it.
                        Song was nice. idk how I feel about this, I'll go with pleasantly satisfied. Nothing omg memorable but certainly a nice addition to FFR.

                        D3- Sightread 0-1-0-1 lmao. That burst difficulty, clearly a ****ing bmah file x_x
                        Real tough rolls and the hands were hard to read. Luckily the grace notes could all be hit as jumps or it would have been even more absurd. The song was wonderful in my opinion, so props on that.
                        I found the file fun at a D4 skill level, but if I were in D3 competing I would likely hate having to whore this. A good tournament file if you're looking to weed people out haha, gonna be really hard to AAA.

                        D4- Technically sound file, not a fan of the song or the way the steps flow but it's decent. AAA in 4 tries, cya next round.

                        D5- Song is hilariously awesome. File is like, D3 shit with some asshole bursts put in it to make it an FMO. I'm kinda 50/50 about the chart- on one hand it was fun to play casually, but on the other hand it's probably incredibly infuriating to score on. Also correct me if I'm wrong but is this completely copy/mirror for the second half? lol

                        D6- I don't even... colors... Japan... roll patterns... framer issues... more Japan...
                        COLORS!


                        Comment

                        • TC_Halogen
                          Rhythm game specialist.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 19376

                          #42
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          Originally posted by igotrhythm
                          I'm going to have to disagree with DxoxL and Hi19 up there. Fall Silently was put first because of its lower BPM and there were only a few places where it was easy to drop goods. However, those few spots made it REALLY easy.

                          Most of D4, myself included, is at that point where they can beast the hell out of most Rebirth-style stream but have trouble with technical stuff such as framers, so it's no surprise to me that there were six AAAs in the division within 30 minutes. There was really only one place where most of us probably had to look out, and that was in the minijacks.

                          (It didn't help me that the orange FFR uses for 32nds looks damn near identical to quarter-note red to me.)
                          Let's also not forget on top of the increased density in the chart overall, is that the increased speed (30+ BPM, compared to last song). While the chart does lack a bit in the technicality section, it still pushes a few really tricky patterns, like the few streams that head into jumps separated 1/8th of a note apart. Objectively, this song is a bit tougher. Subjectively -- well, you guys are good at streaming/faster stuff.

                          Comment

                          • TK_unreal
                            D7 Elite Keymasher
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 183

                            #43
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            k,1 good on kono, next chart plz. rolllllllllllllllllllling is gay. no one will take that chart seriously... lol

                            Comment

                            • leonid
                              I am leonid
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 8080

                              #44
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              This chart is evil Can I just stay with 2 clean and move on?



                              Proud member of Team No

                              Comment

                              • TK_unreal
                                D7 Elite Keymasher
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 183

                                #45
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                                Originally posted by leonid
                                This chart is evil Can I just stay with 2 clean and move on?
                                yes, 5 goods or less and you're safe...rofl

                                Comment

                                Working...