FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bmah
    shots FIRED
    Profile Moderator
    FFR Simfile Author
    Global Moderator
    • Oct 2003
    • 8448

    #241
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    So I just AAAed Romance in the Club. My thoughts:

    - as a casual playthrough, this song IMO is darn fun to play, although to most players the steps seem ridiculous and noticeably overstepped
    - as an attempt to PA the chart, this song is maddening to play


    My hints:

    - I seem to have more success playing the file exactly as is. Don't try to strategize weird and wacky ways to hit certain patterns. Just hit them as the patterns suggest. For example, I used to hit the 48th rolls of 321321[34] as a combination of single arrows and jumps to reduce the speed I need to hit everything, but that often resulted in goods. Instead, it was better to just hit them as fast rolls of 321321, just as it shows. Same goes with the patterns that features 48th rolls with a [14] jump in them - don't try to cheat your way out of it. It's actually more doable than you think. The 48ths are "slow" enough to hit as is.

    - The last set of patterns in each of the two sections feature a bunch of 24ths and 32nds, some of which are one-handed trills. Just remember this particular set requires more control to hit with good accuracy. In other words, whereas I let my fingers play pretty loosely in most parts of the song, I had to tense up for those two patterns. Otherwise you risk falling behind on the one-handed trills.

    - Nerves, nerves, nerves. You know that this song repeats again, so don't be complacent at any part of the song. Don't bother with mirror.

    - Memorize and anticipate. Short song, so it's not going to take long before you're familiar with the patterns. But I'm sure most D5 people are familiar at this point lol. If you're not familiar though, fast rolls will take you by surprise if not the first time, surely the second time around.
    Last edited by bmah; 11-25-2011, 12:31 AM.

    Comment

    • VisD
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jun 2007
      • 1196

      #242
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      Right, got my div song AAA'ed, that was actually quite fun to do. I love files which use a whole bunch of hands haha.

      As for the rest of the divisions' files...well, I was laughing aloud while playing kono spoon and Romance... . But they were all really fun and neat files, same as last week.
      Last edited by VisD; 11-25-2011, 04:23 AM.


      Comment

      • kjwkjw
        >w<
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2007
        • 2585

        #243
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        Nice lowercase song titles this week, etc.

        Also, I'm glad to see bmah back with the stepping style I know and love ^.^

        (D1) story of dreamers - Interesting song choice. Another great chart from Silvuh - flows nicely with neat pattern variety. (:

        (D2) asterisk - Mm, not much to say about this one. Pretty fun smashing those jumps and hands!

        (D3) elegante - Definitely my favorite in terms of the song itself. The file is pretty cool, too - deceptively hard!

        (D4) Velocity - Really fun to play - this coming from someone who isn't the biggest Tonedeff fan, haha. Also lol song title

        (D5) Romance in the Club feat. Liquido - Short and sweet.

        (D6) Kono spoon, suteki desu ne - ahahaha, we actually got this song, ahahahaha


        Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
        Project Sekai 535

        Comment

        Working...