FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • psychoangel691
    Retired Staff
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Dec 2004
    • 10438

    #136
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

    But the fact is the community will never agree 100% because people are good at different things. I can AAA most 10s and sdg some 11s yet I struggle with an "easy" 10 and can't even FC it. Difficulty is ~subjective~ in some areas. Which is why I never base what I think the difficulty of a song is on how I can do on it. Also on the note of judges picking the difficulty of the files, JX typically does the ratings on the files. I've been doing them now just because of the tournament, but I'm pretty sure that these ratings were the same as he had I'd have to look again. Actually he had kono spoon as a 10 at first.
    Originally posted by Charu
    My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
    Originally posted by DaBackpack
    also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
    Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

    Comment

    • Choofers
      FFR Player
      FFR Music Producer
      • Dec 2008
      • 6205

      #137
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

      Originally posted by psychoangel691
      Actually he had kono spoon as a 10 at first.
      this would have caused a lot more shit lmfao

      The only problem I have with the files this round is that otto von schirach is a terrible producer and I hate everything he's ever made. Ever.

      But other than that, files are good this round.

      Comment

      • dragonmegaXX
        ITG playing fur
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jul 2008
        • 3661

        #138
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

        Originally posted by psychoangel691
        But the fact is the community will never agree 100% because people are good at different things. I can AAA most 10s and sdg some 11s yet I struggle with an "easy" 10 and can't even FC it. Difficulty is ~subjective~ in some areas. Which is why I never base what I think the difficulty of a song is on how I can do on it. Also on the note of judges picking the difficulty of the files, JX typically does the ratings on the files. I've been doing them now just because of the tournament, but I'm pretty sure that these ratings were the same as he had I'd have to look again. Actually he had kono spoon as a 10 at first.
        Burn him

        Comment

        • Emithith
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2008
          • 1784

          #139
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

          pfft. There must be a way. There should be a way to make sure files get put in places properly. I will be back on this topic soon.


          Also, just because people have talked this over before doesn't mean it's worthless to try.
          Gawd damb

          Comment

          • psychoangel691
            Retired Staff
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2004
            • 10438

            #140
            Hey at least he had changed his mind about it XD. I mean to someone who can roll well it may feel like a 10. I can consistently hit the split rolls myself, but then again it's always been a strong point for me to be able to do stuff like that.

            Originally posted by Emithith
            pfft. There must be a way. There should be a way to make sure files get put in places properly. I will be back on this topic soon.


            Also, just because people have talked this over before doesn't mean it's worthless to try.
            Gawd damb
            You're trying to squeeze charts of different techniques and speeds and so on into 12 difficulties (yea I left 13 out cause it like almost never gets used) It's never going to work like that. Then if more difficulties are added there will still always be the subjective debate of someone finding something easier than someone else does. There is no way to resolve this 100% Even with an automated system like TS has it's not 100%
            Originally posted by Charu
            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
            Originally posted by DaBackpack
            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

            Comment

            • sticklydude
              r.i.p. tiny hippo
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Jan 2007
              • 2165

              #141
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

              switch elegante and Velocity
              kthx.


              :3

              Comment

              • who_cares973
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2006
                • 15407

                #142
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                it may not be worthless but god damn it i am sick and ****ing tired of people complaining about the same shit without proposing anything and waiting for someone else to do the work for them

                Comment

                • Choofers
                  FFR Player
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 6205

                  #143
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                  elegante is perfect :'3
                  except those 64ths, those don't feel right. but w/e, elegante is probably the best file this round


                  Originally posted by sticklydude
                  switch elegante and Velocity
                  kthx.
                  :3
                  this is probably a good idea

                  Comment

                  • TC_Halogen
                    Rhythm game specialist.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 19376

                    #144
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                    Sarcasm aside, no it's not.

                    Comment

                    • Emithith
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 1784

                      #145
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                      Originally posted by psychoangel691
                      You're trying to squeeze charts of different techniques and speeds and so on into 12 difficulties (yea I left 13 out cause it like almost never gets used) It's never going to work like that. Then if more difficulties are added there will still always be the subjective debate of someone finding something easier than someone else does. There is no way to resolve this 100%
                      We don't need more difficulties, we just need a definite system. I acknowledge the "skill" difference in players, so maybe if a file has two 24th rolls in it it's hard enough to be called an 11 for one person, but we need to agree on what the hardest patterns (poll?) in FFR are, make sure that if there is that pattern in a song at a specific rate (e.x. 32nd wall in Skeletor is 11 for sure) it is called an X difficulty, and not argued about. That's the worst part. The arguing.

                      We all want it to go away, and talking about it CAN fix it in time. Not talking about it just forces a stopper on the situation and it WILL explode some day. Everybody, I understand you really don't want to talk about it for one reason or another, but it's important to get even the basics right. -.-

                      Originally posted by psychoangel691
                      Even with an automated system like TS has it's not 100%
                      I'd like to see this.

                      Comment

                      • dragonmegaXX
                        ITG playing fur
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 3661

                        #146
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                        Originally posted by Emithith
                        We don't need more difficulties, we just need a definite system. I acknowledge the "skill" difference in players, so maybe if a file has two 24th rolls in it it's hard enough to be called an 11 for one person, but we need to agree on what the hardest patterns (poll?) in FFR are, make sure that if there is that pattern in a song at a specific rate (e.x. 32nd wall in Skeletor is 11 for sure) it is called an X difficulty, and not argued about. That's the worst part. The arguing.

                        We all want it to go away, and talking about it CAN fix it in time. Not talking about it just forces a stopper on the situation and it WILL explode some day. Everybody, I understand you really don't want to talk about it for one reason or another, but it's important to get even the basics right. -.-



                        I'd like to see this.
                        You're a bit too radical for me friend.
                        I dont like change. Im a republican.

                        Comment

                        • who_cares973
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2006
                          • 15407

                          #147
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                          too much to take into account and by casting a vote you would only be taking into account the information of the best players because the best players tend to be the most active because they put in the most time into this game

                          also a 32nd roll at 150 bpm that lasts 24 notes is significantly harder than a 32nd roll at 200 bpm that last 12 notes

                          Comment

                          • psychoangel691
                            Retired Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 10438

                            #148
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                            Originally posted by who_cares973
                            too much to take into account and by casting a vote you would only be taking into account the information of the best players because the best players tend to be the most active because they put in the most time into this game

                            also a 32nd roll at 150 bpm that lasts 24 notes is significantly harder than a 32nd roll at 200 bpm that last 12 notes
                            ^^
                            Originally posted by Charu
                            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                            Comment

                            • Choofers
                              FFR Player
                              FFR Music Producer
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 6205

                              #149
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                              Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                              Sarcasm aside, no it's not.
                              both are around 7 nps (elegante is 7.5, velocity is 7.8)
                              velocity doesn't have any real bursts, it's all straightforward with the exception of weird color notes that go to the vocals

                              elegante has a few bursts (notably the 32nds and jump jack bit at the end), the 64ths, and hands all throughout the file

                              if we're implementing patashu's patented FudgeFactor(TM), elegante is harder than velocity

                              Comment

                              • who_cares973
                                FFR Player
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 15407

                                #150
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 2

                                Comment

                                Working...